IGNORED

seems like a confirmation to me

charmedjenny

Yeah, her new blog is a nice boring one. I seriously doubt it's really a honeymoon baby. There are too many coincidences. The sudden "no touchy!", a rushed wedding and how she LOOKED in the pictures. Even the baby book and rose thing is suspect to me. Maaaaaybe she was waiting on her period and hoping she was pregnant, but I would bet she was simply waiting until the proper timing to announce the pregnancy.

Again, maybe, but I'm in the camp who won't be surprised by an early birth.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree her recipes DO look good, especially to this born-and-raised Seventh Day Adventist (I'm what is referred to as a "badventist" because I drink and eat the flesh and drink caffeine and eat mustard and pepper...).

But holy HELL she needs to stop saying "my husband" and "hubs," etc. Lina, a simple "we" would do. We get it. You are married now. Congrats.

Lissar - I thought the same thing about that poor tow truck driver. THe mind boggles.

"Using my handy Happy Cow app, we found an all vegan Vietnamese restaurant called D'Vegan, located in an Asian shopping center. As we entered the restaurant, I was surprised at how clean and peaceful it looked. " Why is this surprising?

Well, besides the eggs mentioned earlier, there are also references to mayonnaise and whipped cream, while it's could be veganaise or non dairy whipped topping, somehow I doubt it, because most blogs will refer to those things as "Veganaise" or "Whipped Topping."

ETA- at least she is doing some research, and she doesn't appear to be a picky eater. I know a vegan who refuses to eat most veggies and a lot of other stuff. She's managed two pregnancies that way, but I think it may be damaging her brain as she's gotten more and more eccentric, and not in a good way. In a conspiracy theory way.

Clearly she came here to promote her vegan blog.

I love how she constantly refers to "my husband" - she is obviously so so so proud to be able to say that. Over. and Over.

The comment about her belly maybe not getting big makes me wonder if she tends towards eating disorders. She's always on weird food kicks and it just seems incredibly odd to hope/wonder if you'll maybe never have a big belly as a pregnant woman due to your own diet. If your diet is making your belly not get big, that means it's probably hurting the baby, dummy.

I love how she constantly refers to "my husband" - she is obviously so so so proud to be able to say that. Over. and Over.

The comment about her belly maybe not getting big makes me wonder if she tends towards eating disorders. She's always on weird food kicks and it just seems incredibly odd to hope/wonder if you'll maybe never have a big belly as a pregnant woman due to your own diet. If your diet is making your belly not get big, that means it's probably hurting the baby, dummy.

I'm astounded that Lina is so upset that people suspect she may have become pregnant prior to her wedding. I see nothing to be ashamed of - I'm only worried that she married in haste. I like the new blog, and I wish her the best in her (kinda boring) future. When baby arrives, things will liven up quick!

I'm astounded that Lina is so upset that people suspect she may have become pregnant prior to her wedding. I see nothing to be ashamed of - I'm only worried that she married in haste. I like the new blog, and I wish her the best in her (kinda boring) future. When baby arrives, things will liven up quick!

Ehhh, I kinda get it. I've mentioned before that I got pregnant on our honeymoon and we took a lot of crap over it (and our families aren't even religious). It got on my nerves because it just wasn't true, and people saying untrue things about you just gets old after a while. As a religious nut, I assume Lina would be even more offended by this type of speculation.

I'm going to give Lina the benefit of the doubt her for a minute--mostly because I'm familiar with the "shomer negiyah" dating/marriage train.

It's possible that things went further than she wanted (but not all the way), and that scared her into becoming shomer negiyah and rushing the wedding. It would seem like a plausible scenario to me, as the guilt over these things (if you believe in all that) is a very powerful force.

But no, I don't think she's lying about the due date.

Also, her vegan blog does have some good recipes.

Aw, man! A whole post about Lina with nothing snarky to say. Is that even allowed?

Yeah, this.

I noticed some red flags in another post of hers earlier today, and just now went back over some of her older posts and found them to be a recurring theme. The blog seems to have been almost as much about her weight as the food itself, at least before her long hiatus. Don't get me wrong, veganism can be a very healthy and ecologically responsible lifestyle, and obviously eating healthily and exercising regularly are invaluable for health and wellness. That being said, Lina seems to be a naturally slim girl, and there is a fine line between health-conscious and food-obsessed, especially where dieting or food restrictions aren't an immediate necessity (as in Lina's case.)

This is only one quotation, pulled from a single post, but it is potentially illuminating and definitely in the same vein as many of her other posts:

Here's what my food intake for today looked like:

Breakfast: one banana, 2-cups worth of mango-avocado smoothie (about a cup of frozen mango and half of an avocado)

Snack: fruit cup from Frullati's

Lunch: banana, apple

Snack: organic raisins

Dinner: big mixed green salad with red onion, mandarin slices, and cucumbers - no dressing

For a physically active teenager, that is nowhere near enough food, period, never mind the fact that her list doesn't include a single protein source. Significantly, this kind of fastidious list-making and calorie-counting in general, coupled with her many references to strenuous work-out goals and rituals, ought to at least serve as symptoms, or at least warning signs, of disordered eating.

ETA: She admits to starving herself to lose weight "in the past," and says that after one significant period of weight loss, her parents were concerned she might be anorexic. Yeah. Reasonable concern is reasonable.

As the summer approaches, I become more and more desperate to get in shape so that I won't be so self-concious in a bathing suit. Of course, I plan to do this the safe way. I won't starve myself like I used to do but I will cut down on my caloric intake and avoid baked goods (those are my weakness!). Because of this, I am becoming more and more interested in raw foods.

I received some comments from family members that weren't really encouraging so I'm happy to be thinner so that those comments will no longer come out of their mouths. Now, however, my parents are voicing concern over me becoming anorexic. So go figure! I can assure you that I am very happy eating food and would never give it up. Unfortunately, my parents won't stop bothering me about this. Ironically, they're pleased with the way I look 20 lbs. lighter. It's a little confusing but they just need some time to get used to the changes I've undergone these past couple of months.

Given her history, she may just be using veganism as a convenient excuse to radically limit her caloric and fat intake.

Yeah, give her a few years and she'll be referring to him as 'That Fuckwit'.....

:lol:

You know, I've held off from asking this previously, but... how do you always know this kind of stuff about certain fundie bloggers?

Far_go only reveals things about Lina and Meredith, and only revealed a post about Meredith in December. I have a suspicion that Far_go is in fact Lina for 3 reasons:

1. the Meredith update was after Meredith became friends with Lina on facebook, as was posted here. (Although this update has never been confirmed as genuine).

2. What 'friend' would seriously reveal private posts? I don't want to believe such an evil person exists.

3. Lina likes attention. Perhaps she posted the link to her new blog here to get traffic to it, after waiting in vain for us to discover it.

This is only one quotation, pulled from a single post, but it is potentially illuminating and definitely in the same vein as many of her other posts:

For a physically active teenager, that is nowhere near enough food, period, never mind the fact that her list doesn't include a single protein source. Significantly, this kind of fastidious list-making and calorie-counting in general, coupled with her many references to strenuous work-out goals and rituals, ought to at least serve as symptoms, or at least warning signs, of disordered eating.

ETA: She admits to starving herself to lose weight "in the past," and says that after one significant period of weight loss, her parents were concerned she might be anorexic. Yeah. Reasonable concern is reasonable.

Bloody hell! That is nowhere near enough for a pregnant teenager.

Lina, I hope you are reading this; there is no snark here at all right now - You are not eating enough for yourself and your baby. If the above is a typical day then you will harm your baby if you do not include more protein, calcium and good fats. Be vegan by all means, but include the things you need to keep you healthy and give you a healthy baby.

Bloody hell! That is nowhere near enough for a pregnant teenager.

Lina, I hope you are reading this; there is no snark here at all right now - You are not eating enough for yourself and your baby. If the above is a typical day then you will harm your baby if you do not include more protein, calcium and good fats. Be vegan by all means, but include the things you need to keep you healthy and give you a healthy baby.

I'm sorry, I didn't clarify! That food log is one of her older posts, from before she was pregnant. That's not to say she isn't under-eating even now (her post about basically eating a bowl of salsa for lunch is of some concern) but the list is not recent. Sorry, again, for the confusion!

She does have a more recent list from when she was 10-11 weeks. It doesn't seem like enough food to me, but maybe pregnancy hunger hasn't struck her yet. I know I gained the majority of my weight between weeks 17-32. That list also included more protein.

Ehhh, I kinda get it. I've mentioned before that I got pregnant on our honeymoon and we took a lot of crap over it (and our families aren't even religious). It got on my nerves because it just wasn't true, and people saying untrue things about you just gets old after a while. As a religious nut, I assume Lina would be even more offended by this type of speculation.

I also got pregnant on my honeymoon -- according to the first ultrasound, 3 days after we were married. My daughter was born on her due date, 40 weeks and 3 days after the wedding. I didn't get any crap about the "honeymoon baby," but that may be because I married at age 36.

Far_go only reveals things about Lina and Meredith, and only revealed a post about Meredith in December. I have a suspicion that Far_go is in fact Lina for 3 reasons:

1. the Meredith update was after Meredith became friends with Lina on facebook, as was posted here. (Although this update has never been confirmed as genuine).

2. What 'friend' would seriously reveal private posts? I don't want to believe such an evil person exists.

3. Lina likes attention. Perhaps she posted the link to her new blog here to get traffic to it, after waiting in vain for us to discover it.

I dunno, if she really wanted our attention why would she have shut down her old blog? It seems more likely to me that Far_go is just someone who likes watching drama unfold. But who knows...

Meh.

We knew she would be pregnant at this stage, whether she got down and dirty before or after the wedding. I really don't care which it is, because Lina is no longer even slightly interesting to me. When she was in the full throes of fake-Jew, it was pretty entertaining to snark on. She's now too boring to snark on, which was maybe her plan all along... but then she comes in here, and considering that she instantly flounced and only answered one question (even then, it wasn't an intrusive question and she gave a non-answer), it must have been for attention. Maybe she misses it? I don't know. She's immature and capricious.

I am still hoping for a revival of her fake Judaism nuttiness. She is definitely immature and capricious (and ignorant) but when she's in full flow about the Yah-some TT and "Messianic Orthodoxy," her snark potential is practically inexhaustible. admission> :roll:

I am still hoping for a revival of her fake Judaism nuttiness. She is definitely immature and capricious (and ignorant) but when she's in full flow about the Yah-some TT and "Messianic Orthodoxy," her snark potential is practically inexhaustible. admission> :roll:

Its like watching a trainwreck, in slow motion, with muppets on fire as the passengers.

Its like watching a trainwreck, in slow motion, with muppets on fire as the passengers.

LOL! OMG, can this be the official description of Lina's blogging/social media endeavors from here on out? Hilarious. :lol:

Archived