IGNORED

It's not Christmas until you bring up a rotting carcass.

formergothardite

This guy is unbelievable rude. I guess manners is something his parents missed teaching.

From the comments:

Someone asked:

What is Christmas Adam? I'm serious, I've never heard of it.

He responds:

Comes before eve! Duh! Lol

Commenter replies:

Eve, as in Christmas Eve refers to evening. The evening before a day is called the eve. It has nothing to do with Adam and Eve. I've never heard the term Christmas Adam, and using an expression like duh isn't conducive to telling someone what you mean. So using the term Christmas Adam because it comes before eve still makes no sense. The day before the eve is called day. 12/24 is the day before Christmas, there is no such thing as Christmas Adam.

And then he comes back with:

Are you joking? Because I was. I know all that. [duh]

I realize he is a 19 year old kid who has been raised to believe he is better than everyone else because he is going to heaven while they are on the highway to hell, but if you are going to make your whole "About Me" section going on about how Christian you are, you should at least show a little Christ like respect when responding to people.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This guy is unbelievable rude. I guess manners is something his parents missed teaching.

From the comments:

Someone asked:

What is Christmas Adam? I'm serious, I've never heard of it.

He responds:

Comes before eve! Duh! Lol

Commenter replies:

Eve, as in Christmas Eve refers to evening. The evening before a day is called the eve. It has nothing to do with Adam and Eve. I've never heard the term Christmas Adam, and using an expression like duh isn't conducive to telling someone what you mean. So using the term Christmas Adam because it comes before eve still makes no sense. The day before the eve is called day. 12/24 is the day before Christmas, there is no such thing as Christmas Adam.

And then he comes back with:

Are you joking? Because I was. I know all that. [duh]

I realize he is a 19 year old kid who has been raised to believe he is better than everyone else because he is going to heaven while they are on the highway to hell, but if you are going to make your whole "About Me" section going on about how Christian you are, you should at least show a little Christ like respect when responding to people.

My reply :oops:

Dear Josiah, How Christ like your responce is to Elizabeth is. Is this how Christians are to act?Colossians 4:6 says: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." copied and pasted right from your blog. Jesus never would say Duh or act in such a condescending manner to his readers/followers. Something to think about.

Very nice response. To be honest, I don't get the whole Christmas Adam thing either. I get why they call it that, but I still don't really get it.

Very nice response. To be honest, I don't get the whole Christmas Adam thing either. I get why they call it that, but I still don't really get it.

Me either. Christmas Adam sounds ignorant to me. It isn't clever or witty. I've never associated the word, Christmas Eve with the Genesis story and I'm surprised that anyone else would.

He deleted LPL's and left this:

First of all, I was not being condescending. I was cracking a joke. Second of all I think Jesus would agree with me if I called you two a brood of vipers. I see the sorts of things you have written to all those who have left a chip on your shoulder that you just *cannot* seem to shake. You add to words, assuming extremes of all the arguments that are used by fundies. To be sure, I agree with you that many are FAR out there, to a point that I take high issue with. But you can't be so dull as to not get a simple pun and pretend to be "Christian" in your response. That's a lie.

If I sound like a racist jerk to you all, fine. Be that way. In my defense, I am not, despite my bad jokes. I have a good friend that lives in Czhecoslovakia, as well as a few "black" friends.

Since you are obviously reading here, why don't you actually come here and explain how all the racist stuff you have said isn't really racist? Or add words to people's arguments to make them look extreme? And why is black in quotes? Are they not really black? And finally, there are people here who have been Christians longer than you have been alive.

First of all, I was not being condescending. I was cracking a joke. Second of all I think Jesus would agree with me if I called you two a brood of vipers. I see the sorts of things you have written to all those who have left a chip on your shoulder that you just *cannot* seem to shake. You add to words, assuming extremes of all the arguments that are used by fundies. To be sure, I agree with you that many are FAR out there, to a point that I take high issue with. But you can't be so dull as to not get a simple pun and pretend to be "Christian" in your response. That's a lie.

If I sound like a racist jerk to you all, fine. Be that way. In my defense, I am not, despite my bad jokes. I have a good friend that lives in Czhecoslovakia, as well as a few "black" friends.

Since you are obviously reading here, why don't you actually come here and explain how all the racist stuff you have said isn't really racist? Or add words to people's arguments to make them look extreme? And why is black in quotes? Are they not really black? And finally, there are people here who have been Christians longer than you have been alive.

Why would having friends in Czechoslovakia disprove one's racism. Aren't Czechs white?

He erased the comment but answered it? It wasn't a nasty comment, at all.

What amazes me with some of the fundie boys is that they can not handle ANY disagreement. They overreact to anyone that responds with anything other than adoration, especially if that criticism comes from females.

He could have agreed that it is difficult to express humor in writing. Some people are very funny in person but in writing they sound sarcastic or jerkish. All he had to say was that he was joking and that it hadn't been his intent to be offensive. That would have sounded humble. Instead, he comes off obnoxious and oversensitive.

I'm surprised that he has a good friend who lives in Czechoslovakia. If they were such good friends, how come they haven't been in touch since 1993, when Czechoslovakia ceased to exist as a state?

Guest Anonymous

I'm surprised that he has a good friend who lives in Czechoslovakia. If they were such good friends, how come they haven't been in touch since 1993, when Czechoslovakia ceased to exist as a state?

Oh, snap. Too bad his SOTDRT "education" didn't equip him to tell believable lies.

a band of Slavs migrating into that apartment complex that was just built down the street

I'm half a Slav. IDK, never thought about it really, but what's so bad about slavs? Who did slavs hurt? I don't mind having it explained, even in manners like ' you dirty rotten slavs did disandat' I just want some answers... :?

Bless his heart.

Why would having friends in Czechoslovakia disprove one's racism. Aren't Czechs white?

This would only not help if I was arguing for aryan supremacy. If I was to argue for such a cursed philosophy, then you would have already seen my arguments for evolution as well as an old earth.

To be honest, I don't care how long you fellows have been Christians. Why don't you guys get some cahones, and quit being anonymous. If you're not careful, people will mistake you for the stinky smelly hippie occupy movement.

I am certainly not afraid of dissenting comments. Bring it on, but follow the rules. Leave some names. I may even set up a Skype call one of these days, if you all think you can hammer me. Upcoming post: the invincible gospel.

And my dear child, wisdom and understanding that other people have situations different than your own often comes with age and there are many reasons people don't plaster all their personal info on the web, mine being my children. I have an odd enough last name that if I gave it out it would take no time to google and find my house. I value the safety of my children enough that I don't want to give random, possible crazy people, on the internet my home address. This has nothing to do with not having cahones.

And one of your racist statements was that only some slaves *might* have been mistreated or something like that. And your support of the one guy who wrote that really racist book. Doug Wilson? You locked the comments on that pretty darn quick didn't you?

Since you are young and apparently brave, why are you only addressing us in your comments? Why are you scared of coming here?

Bless his heart.

This would only not help if I was arguing for aryan supremacy. If I was to argue for such a cursed philosophy, then you would have already seen my arguments for evolution as well as an old earth.

To be honest, I don't care how long you fellows have been Christians. Why don't you guys get some cahones, and quit being anonymous. If you're not careful, people will mistake you for the stinky smelly hippie occupy movement.

I am certainly not afraid of dissenting comments. Bring it on, but follow the rules. Leave some names. I may even set up a Skype call one of these days, if you all think you can hammer me. Upcoming post: the invincible gospel.

And my dear child, wisdom and understanding that other people have situations different than your own often comes with age and there are many reasons people don't plaster all their personal info on the web, mine being my children. I have an odd enough last name that if I gave it out it would take no time to google and find my house. I value the safety of my children enough that I don't want to give random, possible crazy people, on the internet my home address. This has nothing to do with not having cahones.

And one of your racist statements was that only some slaves *might* have been mistreated or something like that. And your support of the one guy who wrote that really racist book. Doug Wilson? You locked the comments on that pretty darn quick didn't you?

Since you are young and apparently brave, why are you only addressing us in your comments? Why are you scared of coming here?

Wow. This guy had very sensitive feelings. Statements that aren't really negative are misconstrued to be attacks against him.

He was the one who brought up his friendship as proof that he wasn't prejudiced.

I'm half a Slav. IDK, never thought about it really, but what's so bad about slavs? Who did slavs hurt? I don't mind having it explained, even in manners like ' you dirty rotten slavs did disandat' I just want some answers... :?

As an American, I've never heard any stereotypes about Slavs, much less any connection between Slavs and apartment complexes. Where the heck did he get such weird imagery? Why doesn't he like Slavs?

Slavs were untermenschen, according to Hitler. Comparing them to maggots and bacteria feeding off a carcass makes me think he has been at least exposed to Neo-Nazi propaganda. He says slavery might have been bad, seems unaware that Uncle Tom is a problematic literary hero, and compares noxious vermin to a "band of Slavs". If he's really not a white supremacist, he should really be aware that he comes across as one when he says things like this.

Slavs were untermenschen, according to Hitler. Comparing them to maggots and bacteria feeding off a carcass makes me think he has been at least exposed to Neo-Nazi propaganda. He says slavery might have been bad, seems unaware that Uncle Tom is a problematic literary hero, and compares noxious vermin to a "band of Slavs". If he's really not a white supremacist, he should really be aware that he comes across as one when he says things like this.

Thanks. This explains his statement.

Wow, I really hit a nerve didn't I? :lol:

Thank you! :banana-linedance:

Wow, I really hit a nerve didn't I? :lol:

I do believe you did! Good job! I suspect that he likes to be the one quoting the Bible to tell people they are all wrong, not the other way around. Of course, he totally deleted it and didn't respond because you didn't obey the rulse, not because he didn't want to fess up to being wrong. :roll:

Upcoming post: the invincible gospel.

Am I the only one who laughed out loud at this line? It sounds like he's writing it himself. :lol:

You can have your comment back as soon as you identify yourself. If you are not willing to post your name here, don't comment.

I did not know I could sign up on freejinger. I did it. You did hit a nerve. Mostly all that talk about me being 'only 19' and being thereby disqualified somehow. It really set me off. Please, I hate being underestimated all the time because of my age, on and off the internet and to be honest, this is part of my pride that I have trouble with. For that I apologize.

I don't know if you got or not in my comments, but I was really angry with you all, and I forgot that you have nothing to go by but your first impression and the little you can glean from my words. Again, I apologize for my anger. Currently my account is being 'reviewed' whatever that means so I can join. I am serious about that skype call. When I get my account, I will try to initiate it via sending my skype name to 'theformergothardite' in a PM.

Lastly, i put 'black' in quotes, because I don't like to call people black. Besides, they are more brown in color, but it matters not. They're people, and don't deserve to constantly be referred to as black, as though they are something different from the rest of us. As for the Slav comment: I haver nothing against slavs. It was just a simile, motivated by weird late night bad humour. I recently worked in a beautiful apartment complex, that was full of nothing but them, building ramps. I loved those people. They were amazing gardeners. And my Slovak friend always corrects me that he is not czech. His name is Tomas, and I met him when I was a Staff member for a Boy Scout Camp for a week. We hit it off, and have kept in touch since.

I am confused by this. Is he going to try and skype me? I don't even really know what skype is, so I am pretty sure I won't be able to do it. But if he is going to pm me, I'm saying right now. Don't. I will delete it without reading it. If you have something to say to me, say it publically. No one will delete or alter what you have to say here as long as you don't reveal personal info on another person or threaten people.

I want to add, I don't automatically disqualify someone's thoughts and ideas just because of their age. There are plenty of super wise 19 year olds on free jinger. I am often impressed at how mature they seem. But when someone is young and their ideas and thoughts end up reflecting their youth and lack of experience in the real world, yes I usually think, "Well, they are young, give them time and life experience and they will probably change their tune, look back and cringe at all the stuff they said."

And yes, we all got that you were angry. And I thought your reaction showed your age and immaturity. Someone older and more mature would have reacted in a different way.

Skype is a program where you can see the person and talk to them at the same time. The problem is that the conversation would not include everyone here.

I am glad that he realized that his comments left a bad impression.

I would suggest that most African Americans are no less offended by the term black than Caucasians are by the term white. I'm not actually white after all. I am pinkish. LOL However, I don't mind being called white.

It is probably best to keep in mind that you will have strangers visit your blog. They will not know that you have Slavic friends who worked building ramps in an apartment building. You have to be careful to give out enough information in your writing so that readers aren't confused.

My son is 19 and he amazes me with his wisdom and intelligence. (okay, I might be biased) I don't automatically look down on people because of their age.

Okay, I don't have skype. Don't even have a webcam or anything like that. And even if I did, I wouldn't use it with a 19 year old guy I don't know. Just use the forum BB, I will not comment on your blog either because you aren't going to get a more open and honest conversation than you can here. I think forum conversations are easier to follow than blog ones.

Archived