IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 17: St Meghan's Hagiography

Coconut Flan

On 12/29/2023 at 2:31 PM, klein_roeschen said:

Both sexes cheat while being married or in commited relationships, it's not a male thing. Many of the famous and infamous royal mistresses had their affairs with said royals while they where married to other men.

Thank you. People cheat. I think the last bigger questionnaire in the UK concluded at more than 50% have cheated at least once in a relationship. No difference between the sexes. So W or K stepping out would be probably one of the more „just like you #relateable“ things they did so far. 

• Upvote 2

I’m not saying men cheat more than women. I was speaking about the rumours of William cheating. 

Although, statistically, I’m guessing royal men cheat more often than royal women. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I am just impressed that any of these people who get photographed a million times every day manage to cheat without getting caught immediately

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

48 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I am just impressed that any of these people who get photographed a million times every day manage to cheat without getting caught immediately

Fred of Denmark is crying somewhere 🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

11 minutes ago, viii said:

Fred of Denmark is crying somewhere 🤣

Honestly from what I know of him he shows  very poor judgment and makes really unwise  choices sometimes and It’s gotten him in hot before. As he has been married over 18 years with not a hint of cheating or even rumors of marriage difficulties before I really think he just didn’t think he is actions through once again. 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Honestly from what I know of him he shows  very poor judgment and makes really unwise  choices sometimes and It’s gotten him in hot before. As he has been married over 18 years with not a hint of cheating or even rumors of marriage difficulties before I really think he just didn’t think he is actions through once again. 

Well, he’s going to be King in less than a month so let’s hope he pulls his shit together! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Manda said:

In an online poll, for what it's worth, more reverse recognition:

https://www.ranker.com/list/most-disliked-celebrities-2023/calistylie

I also read that Meghan got a mere $1M out of the Spotify deal.

The royalties from Spare should more than make up for that.  How many authors dream of setting world sales records?

I think their goal was financial independence. They seem to have achieved that, at least for now. The tabloids, OTOH, are not financially independent at all, which is why need clickbait articles about H&M.

All in all, an outstandingly good year for H&M. That makes me glad for their kids, who deserve stability, having been born into this situation. Unbelievably, there are even people who try to track down what school Archie goes to. Those poor kids will have to be protected from the media for years, maybe their whole life. 

Edited by Jackie3

12 minutes ago, viii said:

Well, he’s going to be King in less than a month so let’s hope he pulls his shit together! 

Yes. I just found out. Very very surprising to Royal Fans as she has always looked to her revered late cousin and great friend as a model in not abdicating and reigning for life and said as much. I suspect her health issues might me worse than have been reported. 

She must think her Son is capable and ready for her to make this decision whatever the case So long live King Frederick X and Queen Consort Mary!  

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Yes. I just found out. Very very surprising to Royal Fans as she has always looked to her revered late cousin and great friend as a model in not abdicating and reigning for life and said as much. I suspect her health issues might me worse than have been reported. 

She must think her Son is capable and ready for her to make this decision whatever the case So long live King Frederick X and Queen Consort Mary!  

Abdicating early is the best thing you can do for a monarchy. Young, attractive rulers are the most popular.

If QE2 had abdicated earlier, a middle-aged Charles would have ascended the throne. If he'd been able to marry Camilla, they would have been in their 40s with young kids. The press could have fawned on the kids, pretended that C&C do the school run, pretended they hardly used nannies, talked about how they were "hands on parents." The usual stuff. That would have fed in the whole "young, happy royal family" narrative.

Instead, she ruled her whole life, and passed the throne on to a cranky old man and his second wife, who was unpopular even when young. That was a serious misstep on the Queen's part.

I highly doubt Queen Margarete, however close she was to HMTQ or however strongly she admired her, would have considered her in this decision. In anything she has been much closer to her Scandinavian counterparts in the last decade. 

There is some rumour of Frederick having stepped out before some years ago. Something about his affair leaving the country afterwards. Not sure how much merit it has though.

I find this new trend of referring to a Queen that isn’t the reigning Queen as Queen Consort pretty confusing. Where does this come from? We don’t refer to a Duchess as Duchess Consort and so on.

• Upvote 5

It’s hardly new. The term “Consort” has been around for many hundreds of years and likely much longer and it’s universal. There are Empress consorts  and Chief Consorts for polygamous Monarchies or called “Great Wife” same thing. Just means  spouse of the ruler really. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s hardly new. The term “Consort” has been around for many hundreds of years and likely much longer and it’s universal. There are Empress consorts  and Chief Consorts for polygamous Monarchies or called “Great Wife” same thing. Just means  spouse of the ruler really. 

Oh I know what it means. But as far as I am concerned it wasn’t actually used as part of referring to them when using the title - at least in Western Europe. At least I have never come across this during my history degree. Not talking about a mistress here but the actual Queens married to a reigning king. They might have been consorts but it wasn’t as if the text would say King X and Queen Consort Y. Rather King X and his consort, Queen Y. This whole, we put CONSORT next to the Queen title seems to have gained traction purely because (1) the community of people being interested in Royals has grown a lot in the last 5 years and many seem to confuse certain terms and the history behind it and (2) so that some sensitive souls can get over the fact that Camilla is in fact Queen. Just not a Queen regnant. 
I might be wrong though. I have obviously not studied all monarchies and documents through all of history. Happy to be referred to original source material.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Agreed, nobody typically said consort before Camilla. Mary of Teck wasn’t Queen Consort Mary, she was Queen Mary. The Queen Mother wasn’t Queen Consort Elizabeth, she was Queen Elizabeth. 

Although, perhaps the consort would have been added anyway (if someone else besides Camilla was the spouse) to differentiate between Queen Elizabeth II, who was queen for 70 years, and the new queen. 

These royals have vast wealth, castles, jewels, servants, fancy cars, luxury vacations, they don't pay tax, they have an adoring public.

I don't see the big deal about being called "Consort" in exchange for all that. Most people would happily add "consort" to their name if they could have fantastic wealth in exchange.

It’ll be telling to see if Kate is a Queen or a Queen Consort.

She will queen consort. That’s the only thing she can be, since she will never be queen regnant. However, she will be styled as Queen Catherine is my guess, although the media will either call her Queen Kate or still Kate Middleton lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, viii said:

She will queen consort. That’s the only thing she can be, since she will never be queen regnant. However, she will be styled as Queen Catherine is my guess, although the media will either call her Queen Kate or still Kate Middleton lol. 

William and Catherine could be married 50 years, and I think the media would still call her Kate Middleton. It’s bizarre to me that they refer to her by her maiden name when other celebrities don’t get the same treatment. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Yes. His Royal Majesty King William V and Her  Royal Majesty Queen Kate Middleton:)  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

At least now some of them are using Princess of Wales.  

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

William and Catherine could be married 50 years, and I think the media would still call her Kate Middleton. It’s bizarre to me that they refer to her by her maiden name when other celebrities don’t get the same treatment. 

I think it’s because it’s what she was most commonly known by for so long, so now Google wise, it’s just easier to keep it up. I don’t think it’s really a big deal. The minute they said she was to be called Catherine instead of Kate I knew it wouldn’t go well. Too many people know her as one thing. And she’s not the only one they do it do, either. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, viii said:

I think it’s because it’s what she was most commonly known by for so long, so now Google wise, it’s just easier to keep it up. I don’t think it’s really a big deal. The minute they said she was to be called Catherine instead of Kate I knew it wouldn’t go well. Too many people know her as one thing. And she’s not the only one they do it do, either. 

The important thing is what her family and friends call her (which I imagine is Kate). She can't control what the media calls her, and what does it matter anyway? It's the most champagne of champagne problems.

Queen Kate sounds like a Old west Saloon Madam or Old timey  Mississippi  river boat :)

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

At least now some of them are using Princess of Wales.  

More than a few media outlets referred to Diana as "Lady Di" well after the 1981 marriage. 

I chalk it up to ignorance.

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic