IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 17: St Meghan's Hagiography

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/royals/24938107/omid-scobie-agent-royals-book/

Says Scobie's people sent the version with the names despite blaming translation error 

"Translation error". For real here, that would be more like misunderstanding UK slang and implying that horse blood is eaten with pies, not including names that weren't supposed to be there - unless they mean that the Dutch publishers mistranslated "don't publish any names or titles on page x, call them 'unnamed royals'", which seriously? Didn't happen. Maybe they meant that the Dutch publishers misunderstood "here's the final copy for publication, let us know what date the run will be ready" to mean just that rather than "oh btw we sent you the unredacted version, oops".

• Upvote 1

from what I now understand - there were two conversations per Scobie.  The first one was Charles speculating about how their children would look like and then there was a second conversation between Charles and Kate about either Charles' speculation or about bias.  I can't quite tell because it has been muddled so much and of course - no one is keeping their stories straight.  First it was just one conversation now it is two conversations.  I just can't.  The inconsistencies in the stores are too much to be believed.  These stories would never survive actual legal scrutiny through depositions and cross-examinations.  Yikes.

Speaking of court cases - Harry's protection case is being currently being heard. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/royals/24938107/omid-scobie-agent-royals-book/

Says Scobie's people sent the version with the names despite blaming translation error 

Scobie damned himself the minute he said he never wrote a draft that named anyone. That's clearly not true and easily disproven. I hope he's lawyered up because he's going to need it. 

• I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, viii said:

Scobie damned himself the minute he said he never wrote a draft that named anyone. That's clearly not true and easily disproven. I hope he's lawyered up because he's going to need it. 

I felt so bad for the Dutch translator. This lady who is a non-celebrity and probably wants no attention ever was thrust into the spotlight by Scobie's lies not mention having her integrity questioned.  One of the articles I read explained that many times translators are given earlier drafts of the books so that they can get started on the translations.  This is what makes the most sense to me.  She was given an earlier draft of the book.  No one told her "hey here is the final version, use this one only." 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, viii said:

Agree but it will be interesting to see who is actually going to sue him.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Agree but it will be interesting to see who is actually going to sue him.

I don't think it will be the BRF. They're clearly maintaining their status quo of silence. I think it will be one of the translators. 

• I Agree 5

On 12/6/2023 at 9:43 AM, viii said:

Lawyered up? Who is going to sue him? First of all, they'd have to prove the statements were false, which may or may. not be true. Secondly, the injured party would have to prove they suffered damages. That's pretty hard to prove.

The BRF are public figures, which means the standard to prove defamation is even high.   People say awful things about the BRF all the time, and they aren't sued, because it's veyr difficult to do so. Plaintiff would  have to prove Scobie was acting with malice. That's incredibly hard to prove.

The translator is not a public figure. But what damages has she suffered? She needs to prove damage to her reputation. Since she can easily prove her innocence, I'm not sure she's going to experience any damage. Even if she experiences a slight drop in income, how will she connect it to Scobie and the publishers?

Finally, it's pretty obvious this was the publisher's error. They probably sent an earlier (rejected) draft to the translator. Scobie had nothing to do with that. Even if he is named in a suit, I'm sure he'll get summary judgment and be released.

On 12/5/2023 at 9:47 AM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Oh bullshit! Bringing up their stories was going to accuse the royal family of racism. That’s basic cause and effect This isn’t a reason to keep silent, but don’t play dumb later. 

https://www.newsweek.com/king-charles-snub-kate-middleton-carol-concert-1849481

Are there people who DON'T think the royal family is racist?

7 hours ago, rosamundi said:

The former police officers who sent racist messages about the Duchess of Sussex in a Whatsapp chat have been sentenced,

But Meghan was still lying about experiencing racism.

4 minutes ago, viii said:

Well, that’s lame. I’m not sure why she should suffer any consequences for his actions. 

I think the logic is that she was the source who named names to Scobie, so she bears responsibility. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I think the logic is that she was the source who named names to Scobie, so she bears responsibility. 

LOL, this is the tabloids throwing crumbs at the mobs who want Meghan to suffer a misfortune of some sort.

27 minutes ago, viii said:

Without any proof though, I’m not going to assign any blame. 

Wouldn‘t call it proof and Richard Eden is anything but impartial but this is kinda interesting: 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12816225/amp/EDEN-CONFIDENTIAL-Omid-Scobie-claims-Princess-Wales-widely-known-nickname-Katie-Keen-character-American-cult-comic-book-series-Archie.html

Summary: In his book Omid Scobie claims „Katie Keen“ to be a widely used nickname for Kate to mock her being lazy, eager for fame and too much of a people pleaser all at once. Royal correspondents say they have heard lots of nicknames but not that one. However, there is a character named Katy Keene in the Archie comics. Not only is Meghan known to love them, she also mentioned seeing herself a bit like character named Betty who happens to be Katy Keene‘s antagonist.

All that may just be proof of Omid Scobie beeing a very obsessed Meghan fanboy, of course.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

H&M’s big problem is that they have lost credibility. They are (1) doing exactly what they are quick to criticise in others and (2) she had to admit to a judge that she lied when she says she had no involvement whatsoever with Scoobies first book. (Still can’t believe she got away with an apology letter. Must be nice to be rich and/or famous. Normal people would at least have to pay a hefty fine.)
No wonder everyone is quick to believe that they are the leak even if they say they aren’t. 

I think it’s actually good it is out there. Because it is already half forgotten and from his book it didn’t even sound as bad as they made it out to be. And quite honestly- nobody cares. Charly and Kate can go on and maybe think about what they said and how they said it to avoid hurting someone’s feelings when the next new family member comes along. 

@prayawaythefundie I think that is quite a stretch. The terms Duchess of DoLittle and Duchess of Keen have been around for a good decade now. It started quickly after their marriage. DoLittle is said explanatory I think. Keen stems from the endless press statements on how “keen” she was to learn about this or that issue. People started to wonder whenever she could have finally have anything to say with substance. It matched a lot of the quotes we got from events when people told what she said to them. It never showed any deeper involvement with the topics. People got disappointed or saw themselves validated in their negative opinion of her.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

H&M’s big problem is that they have lost credibility. They are (1) doing exactly what they are quick to criticise in others and (2) she had to admit to a judge that she lied when she says she had no involvement whatsoever with Scoobies first book. (Still can’t believe she got away with an apology letter. Must be nice to be rich and/or famous. Normal people would at least have to pay a hefty fine.)

The royal family could learn from this. They rarely apologize for their lies/forgetfulness/mistakes.

However, i dont' think it's fair to say that people cut MM slack for being "rich and famous." The woman can hardly breathe without being called out for breathing wrong. I have no doubt she longs for her happy days before Harry, when she was anonymous.

On 12/10/2023 at 3:35 PM, prayawaythefundie said:

Wouldn‘t call it proof and Richard Eden is anything but impartial but this is kinda interesting: 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12816225/amp/EDEN-CONFIDENTIAL-Omid-Scobie-claims-Princess-Wales-widely-known-nickname-Katie-Keen-character-American-cult-comic-book-series-Archie.html

Summary: In his book Omid Scobie claims „Katie Keen“ to be a widely used nickname for Kate to mock her being lazy, eager for fame and too much of a people pleaser all at once. Royal correspondents say they have heard lots of nicknames but not that one. However, there is a character named Katy Keene in the Archie comics. Not only is Meghan known to love them, she also mentioned seeing herself a bit like character named Betty who happens to be Katy Keene‘s antagonist.

All that may just be proof of Omid Scobie beeing a very obsessed Meghan fanboy, of course.

Archie Comics aren't popular at all in the UK, it would be a strange nickname for a British person to come up with, and I doubt it would have caught on.

22 minutes ago, LilaMae said:

Archie Comics aren't popular at all in the UK, it would be a strange nickname for a British person to come up with, and I doubt it would have caught on.

I think that‘s what they are saying. The nickname Katie Keen (not Duchess of Keen) makes more sense to have been used by an American having grown up with the Archie Comics.

• Upvote 1

I googled for "Katie Keen" for pages that don't mention Scobie, and none of the first page of results appear to have anything to do with the royals apart from one page that has harry-sussex in the URL

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

24 minutes ago, Manda said:

Can't read without a subscription. But the title says it all.

• Upvote 1