IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 17: St Meghan's Hagiography

Coconut Flan

On 12/20/2023 at 2:54 PM, marmalade said:

Geez, even the haters I know don't believe that crap. 

And why wouldn't a surrogate kid be in the last be of succession? They could easily be DNA tested to prove lineage. 

Because the 1701 Act of Settlement requires that persons in the line of succession be ‘born of the body’ of a legitimate heir or their legal wife, amongst other things. No child born of a surrogate  or adopted can inherit any title, royal or otherwise https://www.legislation.gov.uk/aep/Will3/12-13/2.   https://alt.talk.royalty.narkive.com/6BmStzTT/adopted-children-of-peers

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I can't imagine the pain of a child adopted to aristocracy. Their brothers and sisters and cousins get land and titles, and they get nothing? What an inhumane policy. Way to say, "You aren't really one of us."

As the royals continue to host an accused rapist, I doubt the Sussexes would ever want to bring their children there.

Looks like they hosted an accused rapist again this year.

andrew.png.6ac9fc6930bae66ee1488d9692854ba6.png

1 hour ago, omilona said:

Because the 1701 Act of Settlement requires that persons in the line of succession be ‘born of the body’ of a legitimate heir or their legal wife, amongst other things. No child born of a surrogate  or adopted can inherit any title, royal or otherwise https://www.legislation.gov.uk/aep/Will3/12-13/2.   https://alt.talk.royalty.narkive.com/6BmStzTT/adopted-children-of-peers

So technically they can do in vitro then?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

So technically they can do in vitro then?

I think so. 

Based in a country where in vitro is legal but surrogacy is not, I believe the reasoning is not creating a situation with two people having a claim to being the biological mother. That is, of course, a matter of definition and not neccessarily the reasoning for the exclusion from the line of succession.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 2

Oh I am Very sure that the surprise just in the nick of time sacred  boy child born  in Japan to a 40 year old Princess who had not been pregnant for 12 years when no male Royal had been born in decades was very much helped along. No more female heir debate needed! 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Oh I am Very sure that the surprise just in the nick of time sacred  boy child born  in Japan to a 40 year old Princess who had not been pregnant for 12 years when no male Royal had been born in decades was very much helped along. No more female heir debate needed! 

Yeah, they’re the most obvious ones that come to mind. A miracle, indeed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

The Sunday Times on Nicholas Witchell:

https://archive.ph/fArCe#selection-3765.0-3769.261

Nor will he be reading Endgame, the latest book by the Sussexes’ cheerleader Omid Scobie: “It seems to me he has woven together a lot of unsubstantiated tittle-tattle and hearsay, spiced with snippets that can only have come directly or indirectly from the Sussexes: classic royal nonsense.”

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

15 hours ago, viii said:

If a royal couple did in vitro, I doubt we’d ever know. 

Why? Is in vitro considered shameful for some reason?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Manda said:

The Sunday Times on Nicholas Witchell:

https://archive.ph/fArCe#selection-3765.0-3769.261

I wish I could remember where I read it or saw it but Omid Scobie in an interview was talking about rumors and gossip about the Royal Family and he dismissed the one about William having an affair.  I don't know if I can find it again.  I will try.

Here is one:

https://www.etonline.com/prince-william-affair-allegations-endgame-author-omid-scobie-weighs-in-exclusive-215655

Scobie believes that to cover up the rumors the media were fed other stories about the other members of the Royal Family instead [insert Harry and Meghan].

Edited by TN-peach
  • Upvote 1

I’m neither here nor there on the William cheating rumours. Obviously I’d like them to be false, given his own childhood and how he’s responsible for the well being of three children of his own, but a man cheating will never surprise me, unfortunately. 

However, as vile as Omid Scobie is, I don’t think he’s wrong when he says the media is fed other stories by the royal officials to distract from other royals. I genuinely believe that is 100% true. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, viii said:

I’m neither here nor there on the William cheating rumours. Obviously I’d like them to be false, given his own childhood and how he’s responsible for the well being of three children of his own, but a man cheating will never surprise me, unfortunately. 

However, as vile as Omid Scobie is, I don’t think he’s wrong when he says the media is fed other stories by the royal officials to distract from other royals. I genuinely believe that is 100% true. 

I'm not sure a term like "vile" really fits with Omid Scobie. When I think of "vile", I think of Andrew have sex with trafficked girls, lying about it through his teeth, running to Mummy for help. Or Charles, the adulterer, and climate hypocrit, flying his car from England to France. Or Camilla, who was incredibly cruel to a young Diana. 

But Omid? He wrote a book. He disclosed racism in an early draft of his book, then chose not to do so. Even if the whole Dutch translation thing was premediated by him, he'd hardly be "vile." Hungry for attention, or money, maybe. But hardly vile. Ive actually read his books, and they are far more evenhanded than, say, Tom Bower. But Tom had an ax to grind, and if you agree with that axe grinding, then I guess his book is "good" because you agree with it.

As for William, I suspect he is cheating (where there's smoke there's usually fire). Look at the history of Windsor men. Look at his own history, of getting whtever he wants since birth. Look at the cold way he treats Kate right now. Being cold is not "royal protocol".

With that said, I hope I am wrong, because there are three little kids who will suffer, especially if the marriage stays intact but unhappy.

Edited by Jackie3

8 hours ago, viii said:

I hope the rumors of Will cheating are false, I hope Will is able to give his kids a more stable upbringing than he experienced. 

His Children’s mother is no troubled Diana plus there is no enduring Camilla figure in his life and the whole marriage/relationship dynamic  from  the start till now is nothing like his parents’. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

That doesn’t really matter though. Men cheat for a variety of reasons, and majority of them have what seem like good marriages. You never really know what someone’s marriage is like behind closed doors. (Not that I’m saying I think William is cheating, but Kate’s character doesn’t necessarily mean he would or wouldn’t cheat) 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Since we are talking feeding stories about other royals to the press, some say the Rose rumor originated in the wider parts of the Sussex camp when things had turned sour between the brothers.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Since we are talking feeding stories about other royals to the press, some say the Rose rumor originated in the wider parts of the Sussex camp when things had turned sour between the brothers.

It wouldn’t surprise me but I don’t think that’s true. The Rose rumour originated before Harry and Meghan were even married, in late 2017 or early 2018 I believe. I think while William had reservations by that point, I don’t think their relationship had really soured yet. Plus, I’m pretty sure some random dude on Twitter made up the rumour and people ran with it. I don’t think he had any Sussex connection. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, viii said:

It wouldn’t surprise me but I don’t think that’s true. The Rose rumour originated before Harry and Meghan were even married, in late 2017 or early 2018 I believe. I think while William had reservations by that point, I don’t think their relationship had really soured yet. Plus, I’m pretty sure some random dude on Twitter made up the rumour and people ran with it. I don’t think he had any Sussex connection. 

I thought the rumor first surfaced in 2019 but was about the affair having started in 2017/2018, specifically when Kate was pregnant with Louis. I might be mixing things up though.

• Upvote 1

You might be right. 2017/2018 sticks in my mind, but perhaps that’s when it allegedly took place. There were lots of rumours before Rose about Louis being a save the marriage baby, which I don’t necessarily believe. I think Kate always wanted three children. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

It‘s so funny to think a baby could save a marriage. Here‘s the one marriage advice I feel confident giving: if the marriage is in trouble, the last thing it needs is a baby. 😆

I agree that Kate wanted a third child (and for reasons I will never understand would probably even have wanted another one). This is where William settled IMO. He would have been fine with two.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

It‘s so funny to think a baby could save a marriage. Here‘s the one marriage advice I feel confident giving: if the marriage is in trouble, the last thing it needs is a baby. 😆

I agree that Kate wanted a third child (and for reasons I will never understand would probably even have wanted another one). This is where William settled IMO. He would have been fine with two.

I agree children should not have a job before they are born 'your job little one is to help us grown ass adults save our marriage.  Good Luck!'

I agree that Kate wanted 3 kids.  That is what she grew up with and she liked that dynamic.  The way William jokes with Kate when there is an infant around I think Kate really likes babies and she probably did contemplate a 4th baby.  Since William jokes about it, I doubt the discussion of a 4th baby was very contentious because that would be a jerk move to joke about in public.   But I think Kate's preference was 3.  Especially given how hard the early pregnancy was on her.  I could not imagine being that sick.  I was very, very lucky with my two. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/25/2023 at 9:44 PM, viii said:

If a royal couple did in vitro, I doubt we’d ever know. 

Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, is thought to have undergone IVF.  In the past, she said she had no objection to it.

"I certainly don't think I have left it too late. I would explore all avenues and I certainly wouldn't rule out IVF."

Edited by Jackie3

23 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I hope the rumors of Will cheating are false, I hope Will is able to give his kids a more stable upbringing than he experienced. 

That rumor started with a tweet. The person who tweeted it later deleted it and admitted he made it up while drunk. But that hasn't stopped the world from running with it. Or Harry from profiting off of it. 

19 hours ago, viii said:

He did not. And he has admitted he was drunk when he tweeted it. But convincing people it was nothing is a lost cause. Sadly, that impacts two marriages and six children negatively. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 12/28/2023 at 3:42 AM, viii said:

That doesn’t really matter though. Men and women cheat for a variety of reasons, and majority of them have what seem like good marriages. You never really know what someone’s marriage is like behind closed doors. (Not that I’m saying I think William is cheating, but Kate’s character doesn’t necessarily mean he would or wouldn’t cheat) 

Both sexes cheat while being married or in commited relationships, it's not a male thing. Many of the famous and infamous royal mistresses had their affairs with said royals while they where married to other men.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Both sexes cheat while being married or in commited relationships, it's not a male thing. Many of the famous and infamous royal mistresses had their affairs with said royals while they where married to other men.

Who is Kate linked to?

There's been lots of ugly stuff written about the Sussexes, but I've never seen cheating rumors about either of them.

I am really enjoying this discussion!