IGNORED

Karissa Collins 2: Riding Her High Horse

Coconut Flan

I hope Anjelie loves dance and this is good for her. But I hate to tell Karissa that this probably isn’t that special. They probably just want more money. So more “advanced” classes for more of her sweet sweet mlm money to give the dance group. 

91E55780-772F-4D2F-9988-F22F19E6D673.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 2

Most of her so called blue eyed children do not have blue eyes. Some are hazel and some are gray. How does she not understand that there aren’t just two eye colors? 

C6BD7DA9-0BF6-4A24-96F5-B1C4BD292067.jpeg

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 7

What a disgusting racist pos she is! I hope her kids disown her when they turn 18 and go off to whatever college Shaq pays them to attend. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

You know what most people pray about when they're pregnant? Healthy baby, healthy parent, safe birth and postpartum. She prays about eye color and wings the health. And she says she has beautiful children (and legit does!) but filters them to heck and back. What is wrong with this woman?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

I fully admit that I did want kids with different eye colors. And I wanted kids with different hair colors. But I love variety. And I loved that my kids looked nothing alike! I always thought it was so cool how my husband and his two siblings have completely different eye colors. One has blue eyes, one has brown eyes, and one has green eyes with this ring of brownish gold in the middle. But it wasn’t that big of a deal. If my kids came out looking like clones of each other I’m sure I would have thought it was so cute. But I have 2 kids who look so different and I love how they look. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

I wanted my babies to end up with green eyes - only one of them did, but I don't make a big deal about.

What is she talking about? She looks down on people who get pregnant before marriage TODAY. I just can’t with this shit.

D95E9B85-D0B1-491A-A6F4-0935F6EACCBB.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 4

5 hours ago, Ausje said:

She chose life? She tried to have an abortion!

I can’t imagine blasting my mom’s personal info for 1 million followers to read.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12

Karissa wasn't born with a disability but she most definitely did not come out OK. Her sense of morality and empathy got twisted and broken somewhere in there.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Ausje said:

She chose life? She tried to have an abortion!

Yes, but when she was told she was too far along for an abortion, she then chose life! /s

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

If she hadn't been "very early" that big head could very well have been an issue. I know this woman sees every single instance of dumb luck benefiting her is divine intervention but she's basically telling her followers (again) to ignore medical advice and not everyone will be as lucky as she is. 

Edited by MariaariaM
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

If she hadn't been "very early" that big head could very well have been an issue. I know this woman sees every single instance of dumb luck benefiting her is divine intervention but she's basically telling her followers (again) to ignore medical advice and not everyone will be as lucky as she is. 

I think back then, sonograms and other types of obstetrics were pretty unreliable. I know plenty of people who had sonograms that told people the wrong sex of the baby or things were measuring off and there was a problem. But things are different today. Technology is much better and problems can be detected with much more certainty. However I still hear fundies saying things like, “but doctors told my mom I was going to be disabled but I’m not!” And things like that. When in reality, if a doctor has done a blood test and said a child has a certain genetic condition, it’s very likely they are right. I see so many fundies living in denial because doctors were wrong in the past. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

On 1/12/2024 at 9:49 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

What is she talking about? She looks down on people who get pregnant before marriage TODAY. I just can’t with this shit.

D95E9B85-D0B1-491A-A6F4-0935F6EACCBB.jpeg

24 days is 3 weeks and 3 days. So her mom was 37 weeks pregnant when she had her. That's not "very early." 🙄

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

24 days is 3 weeks and 3 days. So her mom was 37 weeks pregnant when she had her. That's not "very early." 🙄

Yeah that is Karissa for you. Exaggerates everything. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

She said her mother was married for 24 days before she gave birth, not that she gave birth 24 days early. It's a confusing sentence.

Edited by zeebaneighba
Correcting a Rodrigues comma.
  • Upvote 4

Did anyone notice Karissa’s 40th birthday post on January 12?

“I’ve realized we’re never happy with the season we’re in” she says.

It really struck me, because I am of a very similar age, just had my 40th birthday a couple of months ago, and felt like I could not relate AT ALL. At least so far, I’ve always been happy with the “season” I’m in. Not wishing to be older, or younger, or in a different place in life, just happy where I’m at. But maybe that’s because I have a fulfilling career, went to university, traveled a lot, lived abroad, built a life with my partner before having kids and only had one kid late in my 30s.

How awful when you constantly need to remind and “encourage” yourself to be happy.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I am 41 and couldn’t relate to her post at all. I currently love the stage I’m in. My kids are in elementary school and I love it. I love being a room parent, being in the PTO, and helping with tons of activities in the school. I know I will miss this age so much when they are grown and out of the house. I loved my college years and knew I would miss them when I graduated. And I absolutely did. I know when I love a stage I’m in and I know when I don’t. I didn’t love when my second was a newborn and my oldest was a toddler. I had really bad PPA and yes, the grass was greener because I was miserable. I can’t relate to her saying she always wants to be in another season of life. I haven’t always felt like that. 

CF1DD577-4EBC-486E-BA05-A1EB38B4988A.jpeg

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Did anyone notice Karissa’s 40th birthday post on January 12?

“I’ve realized we’re never happy with the season we’re in” she says.

It really struck me, because I am of a very similar age, just had my 40th birthday a couple of months ago, and felt like I could not relate AT ALL. At least so far, I’ve always been happy with the “season” I’m in. Not wishing to be older, or younger, or in a different place in life, just happy where I’m at. But maybe that’s because I have a fulfilling career, went to university, traveled a lot, lived abroad, built a life with my partner before having kids and only had one kid late in my 30s.

How awful when you constantly need to remind and “encourage” yourself to be happy.

I think you and I lived the same life!  I loved my 40s because I had so many great experiences behind me,a new baby, a job I loved, and we had just bought a new house. I was satisfied and am satisfied still with a successful grown daughter, a good marriage and retirement on the horizon in 4.5 months. Fundie women always seem to try too hard to sound perfect and happy. How exhausting.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

22 hours ago, Caroline said:

I was satisfied and am satisfied still with a successful grown daughter, a good marriage and retirement on the horizon in 4.5 months.

Hoping I will get there too in 20+ years!

Of course no one is constantly happy. But so many fundie women sound like they are inherently UNhappy with their lives, and constantly trying to convince themselves they have the best life. 

There’s no shame in struggling with a life as a SAHM with eleventy kids ranging from baby to toddler to preschooler to second grader to middle schooler to teens, with no intellectual stimulation or chance to get out the house for work to escape the inevitable chaos at home. I guess there are only very few women cut out for this kind of life. I would HATE it! But fundie women can’t come out and admit they hate their life and are miserable. They have to use phrases like “hard is not the same as bad”, or how “each season in life has its challenges”.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

As a mom myself, I find it unbelievable that her NINTH child is the first one to get in her bed every night at 3am. I’m sure this is just the first child she would allow to sleep in her bed. Probably because she has health issues. 

7DA11980-19D8-4208-8114-355257455299.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3

It's probably the first kid they've allowed to come into bed with them! The other ones were probably forced back to their own beds. Either that or they were so trained that mom & dad won't provide me comfort at night that they didn't even bother. 

Edited by Giraffe
Changing sentence
  • Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

It's probably the first kid they've allowed to come into bed with them! The other ones were probably forced back to their own beds. Either that or they were so trained that mom & dad won't provide me comfort at night that they didn't even bother. 

I always assumed that a lot of kids in these huge quiverful families rarely went to their parents’ bedroom at night and instead got in bed with an older sibling. Because they were the actual parent. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 8

Karissa is pregnant again. Anybody surprised? 

• Sad 9