IGNORED

Harry and Meghan 15

samurai_sarah

On 5/26/2023 at 12:37 PM, klein_roeschen said:

Well, you can't be a world known and beloved celebrity today and tomorrow being a nobody living your private bliss and switch these roles as you liked.

Of course you can be a celebrity and also have a private life.

Do you think other celebrities have no private life? Or a right to one? Celebrities switch between these roles all the time. Why do you think that's impossible for H&M? 

I mean, what's the alternative, that they live 100% in the public eye? No other celebrity does that. Celebrities are people, they have pictures they dont' share with the public. They have friends no one knows about. They have hobbies, interests that don't make it into the paper. That's called a "private life." 

H&M have every right to have this too. They aren't just here for your amusement.

On 5/22/2023 at 3:26 PM, Coconut Flan said:

They've shown unauthorized photos that they took in Buckingham Palace.

As well as sitting in the Queen's playhouse pretending to sip tea, that someone built her as a child. I don't think photos are allowed unless authorized. They are an entitled duo. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Grandma D said:

As well as sitting in the Queen's playhouse pretending to sip tea, that someone built her as a child. I don't think photos are allowed unless authorized. They are an entitled duo. 

They took a picture sitting in a playhouse. That is so much worse than having sex with a trafficked young girl! It's far worse pretending to love a young girl so she'll marry you. It's much worse than cheating with a married man in the bushes outside his home. It's MUCH worse than stealing jewels from other countries and refusing to return them.

Pictures sitting in a playhouse! Now the monarchy will collapse. Those pictures will destroy everything! 

• Upvote 1

Harry's part of the media trial begins today and it appears he has already pissed off the judge.  He was supposed to be in court today for opening statements and be available to begin testifying if statements ended early.  Harry is not and the judge was not pleased according to reports.  The judge basically said "I made it clear that all witnesses should be available on the first day." It is not off to a good start if Harry is already pissing off the judge.  Yikes!

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

And his excuse was celebrating his daughter's birthday. Ummm, sir, that's not a valid reason. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, TN-peach said:

Harry's part of the media trial begins today and it appears he has already pissed off the judge.  He was supposed to be in court today for opening statements and be available to begin testifying if statements ended early.  Harry is not and the judge was not pleased according to reports.  The judge basically said "I made it clear that all witnesses should be available on the first day." It is not off to a good start if Harry is already pissing off the judge.  Yikes!

Most likely the judge will decide things on the merits. Very few judges decide a case based on whether they are feeling pissy towards one of the defendants. That's a good way to be overturned, very embarrassing in a high profile case.

It's fun to rush to condemn Harry when he makes an error (assuming it's an error). Lots of fun. But I think he deserves some praise for having the balls to fight these criminal billionaires who traumatize crime victims by hacking their phones.  He could just be sitting by his pool right now, letting others fight that battle.

On 6/5/2023 at 7:14 AM, viii said:

And his excuse was celebrating his daughter's birthday. Ummm, sir, that's not a valid reason. 

Probably felt he had too, since they used the Archie’s birthday excuse extensively  for the coronation bow out by Meghan, and as a reason why Harry had to dip immediately after the ceremony. 

Pretty arrogant though. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Jingerella said:

I liked this part:

Spoiler

How could Harry’s phone have been hacked at a time when he did not own one? Is it really fair to accuse a journalist of unlawful information gathering when the details of their story were already in the public domain? Is there anything more specific he wants to point to beyond general speculation?

This is tragicomedy at its peak. The general contours of Harry’s argument are basically right: the press was intrusive, and a corrosive atmosphere was cultivated and allowed to fester for years, at some point everyone lost their minds and lost any sense of boundaries.

But everything else about Harry comes across as a little wrong: his self-righteousness, his inability to see his contradictions, his desire to have it all without any of the consequences.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, TN-peach said:

I liked this part:

Hide contents

How could Harry’s phone have been hacked at a time when he did not own one? Is it really fair to accuse a journalist of unlawful information gathering when the details of their story were already in the public domain? Is there anything more specific he wants to point to beyond general speculation?

This is tragicomedy at its peak. The general contours of Harry’s argument are basically right: the press was intrusive, and a corrosive atmosphere was cultivated and allowed to fester for years, at some point everyone lost their minds and lost any sense of boundaries.

But everything else about Harry comes across as a little wrong: his self-righteousness, his inability to see his contradictions, his desire to have it all without any of the consequences.

Sounds like you are on the side of the billionaire corporate media moguls. 

Personally, I hope the media loses. I cant' be on the side of people who hacked the phones of a murdered girl's family. Then gave them false hope by their fictional stories.

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Probably felt he had too, since they used the Archie’s birthday excuse extensively  for the coronation bow out by Meghan, and as a reason why Harry had to dip immediately after the ceremony. 

Pretty arrogant though. 

Luckily, word on the street is that he's doing great today. Confident, secure, open. . . it's going great! Apparently the defence team is very uneasy. 

I hope Piers Morgan and other "journalists" get what's coming to them. A jail sentence, ideally. Harry is not the only life they have messed with. There are a slew of other witnesses following him. The out-of-control media has damaged a lot of lives over there.

A bit puzzled by anyone who could root against Harry here. He is fighting against true bad guys, who messed with a lot of lives.

I find all this pretty confusing. Do I believe the media illegally got a hold of his private messages? Yes. But how did they do it- tapping into a call? Because it mostly sounds like messages left on a mailbox. And in many instances the media would have had to hack the phone of someone else to obtain his message. My guess - the fact that he is not suing alone will save his case. On his own this would probably thrown out because he can’t construct a real causality. 

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I find all this pretty confusing. Do I believe the media illegally got a hold of his private messages? Yes. But how did they do it- tapping into a call? Because it mostly sounds like messages left on a mailbox. And in many instances the media would have had to hack the phone of someone else to obtain his message. My guess - the fact that he is not suing alone will save his case. On his own this would probably thrown out because he can’t construct a real causality. 

Not just Harry. Many other people were hacked, too. 

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I wasn't really paying attention to the original phone hacking enquiry, and wikipedia is being remarkably coy about how the voicemails were accessed, but there are (or used to be) ways of accessing mobile phone voicemails from a different handset, especially if the voice mailbox wasn't protected by a PIN or if the mailbox PIN was set to the default (usually 0000). Totally illegal, of course, but that's never troubled the sort of gutter journalists we're talking about.

Edited by rosamundi
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, rosamundi said:

I wasn't really paying attention to the original phone hacking enquiry, and wikipedia is being remarkably coy about how the voicemails were accessed, but there are (or used to be) ways of accessing mobile phone voicemails from a different handset, especially if the voice mailbox wasn't protected by a PIN or if the mailbox PIN was set to the default (usually 0000). Totally illegal, of course, but that's never troubled the sort of gutter journalists we're talking about.

I don't understand it myself, but there must be something to it. Why else would Murdoch have paid William a million pounds to drop his own case?

On 6/6/2023 at 2:25 PM, Mama Mia said:

Pretty arrogant though. 

He didn't want to stick around for the coronation because he's unhappy in the UK. And the press won't leave him alone. And he's angry at his family, and they are at him.

Why do people keep going on about the birthday? All he said was that his wife was staying behind to celebrate their kid's birthday. 

Which makes sense. She didn't want to go into an abusive situation, so she stayed behind to celebrate with Archie. I wouldn't go into an abusive situation either, and if it was my kid's birthday, I'd celebrate it. These are rational choices.

Actually, it's kind of funny. So many people said MM would "never miss the coronation." Well, she chose to skip it, and seems to have survived quite well. I doubt she wakes up each day and says, "If only I'd seen the coronation! I regret it every day!" She's got kids and business deals and a big house and staff to manage. I doubt she ever gives it a thought, other than, "Thank goodness I got out of that."

Willaim was hacked, and accepted a settlement of 1 million pounds. 

Obviously if they hacked William, they would hack Harry as well. 

No matter whether you dislike Harry, he's on the side of good this time around.  It'll hurt to side with him, but the only other choice is to root for the billionaire media moguls, who have already admitted to hacking in the past.

15 hours ago, rosamundi said:

One of the main pieces of evidence from the enquiry that killed off the News of the World paper was that the phone voicemail of then missing teenager Milly Dowler was hacked into and voicemails actually deleted by NotW "journalists" when the box became full so more messages could be left.

The paper published a correction that I didn't see initially- it was later established that they probably didn't delete the voicemails. Just published what was in them, used the information to get interviews with her parents and then published those, tried to get access to mobiles of police investigating.

Yeah I have no problem whatsoever believing they hacked into any available message service they could find linked to anyone they thought they might get a story out of.

Edited by Ozlsn
Newspaper correction
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

One of the main pieces of evidence from the enquiry that killed off the News of the World paper was that the phone voicemail of then missing teenager Milly Dowler was hacked into and voicemails actually deleted by NotW "journalists" when the box became full so more messages could be left.

Her sister wrote a book. I read it last night. That poor family went through hell. 

They are a close-knit family and Millie's disappearance naturally tore them apart. They didn't know she'd been abducted at first, so they kept checking her voice mails. She'd been a happy 13-year old and it didn't seem likely she'd run away, but naturally they hoped for that, because it meant she was still alive.

Journalists hacked into Millie's VM shortly after her disappearance, simply to listen to the messages anyone left.

Naturally, lots of friends and family left messages like "Millie, where are you? Call home!" Her VM quickly became full.

Her parents had been checking her voicemails every few days, even after the mailbox was full. One day, they logged in to find the mailbox had been emptied. 

The journalists wanted to hear any new messages that came in. So they deleted the old messages so the voicemail box was empty. 

Her parents were overjoyed, thinking Millie was alive and had cleared her VM. They had no idea about phone hacking, never imagined anyone would do that to their missing daughter's phone.  They were filled with false hope, only to be crushed later when it became clear she had been murdered.

It's not just about Prince Harry. This case is about protecting innocent citizens who suddenly become newsworthy, like Millie's family.

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2023 at 10:23 AM, Jackie3 said:

He didn't want to stick around for the coronation because he's unhappy in the UK. And the press won't leave him alone. And he's angry at his family, and they are at him.

Why do people keep going on about the birthday? All he said was that his wife was staying behind to celebrate their kid's birthday. 

Which makes sense. She didn't want to go into an abusive situation, so she stayed behind to celebrate with Archie. I wouldn't go into an abusive situation either, and if it was my kid's birthday, I'd celebrate it. These are rational choices.

Actually, it's kind of funny. So many people said MM would "never miss the coronation." Well, she chose to skip it, and seems to have survived quite well. I doubt she wakes up each day and says, "If only I'd seen the coronation! I regret it every day!" She's got kids and business deals and a big house and staff to manage. I doubt she ever gives it a thought, other than, "Thank goodness I got out of that."

Willaim was hacked, and accepted a settlement of 1 million pounds. 

Obviously if they hacked William, they would hack Harry as well. 

No matter whether you dislike Harry, he's on the side of good this time around.  It'll hurt to side with him, but the only other choice is to root for the billionaire media moguls, who have already admitted to hacking in the past.

I don’t dislike Harry at all. He seems vastly entitled, but probably no more so than anyone else who has lived his life. I don’t blame him at all for not wanting to attend the coronation festivities, although I, personally, wish the whole family had gone. But it’s not my life, obviously. Of course they would all feel awkward AF, and a child’s birthday is a good polite excuse- far fetched when the kid is 4 and they could have celebrated before or after - but just polite enough. Unfortunately he had two major events close together, both on a kids birthday - so consistently you’d probably want to say the same for both. I hope he wins his case. I vaguely hope eventually they all reconcile enough to have them all up on the balcony waving. 
FYI, this isn’t Twitter, it’s not a requirement to be nasty. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Of course they would all feel awkward AF, and a child’s birthday is a good polite excuse- far fetched when the kid is 4 and they could have celebrated before or after - but just polite enough. Unfortunately he had two major events close together, both on a kids birthday - so consistently you’d probably want to say the same for both. I hope he wins his case. I vaguely hope eventually they all reconcile enough to have them all up on the balcony waving. 
FYI, this isn’t Twitter, it’s not a requirement to be nasty. 

Nothing was ever said about a birthday party. They just said Meghan was staying behind, period.

“The Duke of Sussex will attend the Coronation service at Westminster Abbey on May 6th,” the spokesperson said. “The Duchess of Sussex will remain in California with Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.”

Was there another announcement about Meghan staying behind because of a party?

It couldn't possibly be because it dopped rapidly and didn't give a good return on investment, could it?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

It couldn't possibly be because it dopped rapidly and didn't give a good return on investment, could it?  

No, that's certainly one possibility. 

It did well but they paid her a lot, so they may not have gotten their money back. Spotify wants to make money, like all businesses.

She has her 18 million though, so I doubt it matters to her either way. I thought it was pretty entertaining podcast, though not riveting, but then, I am not that interested in celebrities.

On 6/8/2023 at 8:02 PM, Jackie3 said:

Nothing was ever said about a birthday party. They just said Meghan was staying behind, period.

Was there another announcement about Meghan staying behind because of a party?

Yes, they mentioned the birthday several times, and Harry used it as his reason to leave instead of attending the parties. I have no idea why you’d be pressed about that? Polite excuses are used by polite people all the time. Sometimes, like with this, it’s glaringly obvious to everyone it’s an excuse - but that’s fine, it helps everyone involved feel better. It’s not a negative ffs.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic