IGNORED

Harry and Meghan 15

samurai_sarah

12 hours ago, treehugger said:

I would, however, be very interested in hearing him talk about fatherhood in the modern age.  

I don't want to hear that until he grows up and is stable enough and mature enough to know what he's talking about in a realistic, healthy manner.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Oh, I don't think he's an expert on fatherhood, good grief, he's barely started the journey, and he has so much he needs to work through.  I just think it would be fascinating to see what he thinks fatherhood would look like.  Definitely not as an authority on the subject, lord have mercy!  but more for curiosity sake. 

And for a podcast idea, asking people about their interpretation of fatherhood is a lot more open ended and potentially less harmful than delving into childhood trauma. He could perhaps learn and realize that his own parental experience with his father was not so horrific actually. 

I don’t think his perception of the average family is very grounded in reality. 

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 7

Ug Harry's opinions on fatherhood?  No thanks.

Now what would be a good show for him would be him trying out sports with different sport celebs.

Interviewing them as they interact. Teach Harry some soccer moves talk about some social interest the soccer player supports. Harry says oh yeah cool charity that's like my sentebale charity!

Next episode. Harry tries out Olympic swimming with Phelps. They talk about depression and mental health.

Harry tries rockclimbing with famous rock climbing dude. They talk about environmental charities and keeping nature for all of us to enjoy

Etc etc.

His fame would bring some.attention to start off.

He can be very extroverted and charming. He's a guy's guy type person I think so could find common ground while engaging in the activity and supports a charity through the show's promotion.

I'd watch it.

Listening to either a Harry or Meghan podcast seems dumb. You don't want to listen to them talk. It's just gonna expose the vapid arrogance of rich people. 

Harry should play up being a relatable easy going "normal" person. Since we all know he isn't an average, we can go back to the fiction that rich people are "just like us." There's something about rich people just being(sort of) regular people that always seem to attract our attention.

Meghan needs to go low profile. Harry could occasionally mention how Meg's doing great with the kids.

nobody wants grumpy angry Harry. It's not fair. But he was cast as our jolly extrovert life of the party friend with a bog mind streak. And if he's pragmatic he ought to market himself along those lines.

• Upvote 9

16 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Meghan needs to go low profile. Harry could occasionally mention how Meg's doing great with the kids.

nobody wants grumpy angry Harry. It's not fair. But he was cast as our jolly extrovert life of the party friend with a bog mind streak. And if he's pragmatic he ought to market himself along those lines.

Maybe they can just be themselves, and if people don't like it, too bad.

Meghan should only go low profile if she wants to go low profile. The woman doesn't have to hide herself away just because the tabloids don't like her. She should do the opposite, imo, and get out there as much as possible! The tabloids have already done their worst, what else can they do?

• Upvote 1

https://www.thedailybeast.com/netflix-reportedly-tells-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-what-to-deliver-for-dollar50m

If Harry and Meghan don’t come up with the goods, the Sun on Sunday reports the end of the couple’s relationship with the streaming service won’t be as publicly humiliating as the recent loss of their Spotify deal, after which Spotify executive Bill Simmons labeled them “fucking grifters.”

“There’s no question of a headline-grabbing, public parting of the way,” a Netflix source told the paper. “Netflix was pleased to sign Harry and Meghan, and is looking for some great ideas going forward. But the remainder of the deal relies on them producing those good ideas. The deal’s continually under review which is normal for ones of this magnitude.”

Last week, a Netflix source told the paper that “the lemon has been fully squeezed” when it came to Harry and Meghan producing content for the streamer. Meghan, one source said, “lives in her own bubble,” and does not seem to have “grasped the economic reality”. The source said: “There is a less friendly attitude from some at the top. The feeling is that the lemon has been fully squeezed. The big bucks Harry and Meghan signed on for do not exist today.”

Taylor Swift snubbed Meghan Markle podcast

To add to their humiliating broadcasting woes, it has emerged that Meghan wrote Taylor Swift a personal letter asking her to appear on her now-canceled Spotify podcast, Archetypes. “The pop star declined, through a representative,” the Wall Street Journal reports.

The news follows Bloomberg’s report that Prince Harry had hoped to make a podcast talking to guests like Vladimir Putin, Mark Zuckerberg, and Donald Trump, “about their early formative years and how those experiences resulted in the adults they are today.” Another show would have looked at fatherhood, while another—on “major societal conversations...from climate change to religion”—would have featured Pope Francis. None came to be.

The detailed WSJ report charts Prince Harry and Meghan’s frustrated efforts to launch themselves as Hollywood players. The WSJ said Harry and Meghan’s Hollywood foray “is looking like a flop,” with “more cancellations and rejections than produced shows.” There has been a “graveyard” of projects that never came to be, including an animated children’s show called Pearl canceled by Netflix, “as well as at least two TV ideas that the streaming service rejected within the past year.”

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

I heard something about a prequel to Great Expectations. Anyone else catch this?

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's next project to be Great Expectations-inspired show - Mirror Online

Something about Miss Havisham actually being a misunderstood woman in a patriarchal society? I feel like Great Expectations has been done to death, the BBC only just did a new series on it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I can't see that working out.  Netflix wants content with mass appeal and viewer numbers.  I know NO one IRL who would watch that. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

If we want to be honest a remake Vanity Fair with Meghan as Becky sharp would be some art imitating life.  Certainly more fitting than Dickens.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

If we want to be honest a remake Vanity Fair with Meghan as Becky sharp would be some art imitating life.  Certainly more fitting than Dickens.

Have you read the book? Becky was poor, Meghan was a multi-millionaire. 

On 6/21/2023 at 2:59 PM, tabitha2 said:

No matter how ambitious or fancy title or aspirations  she may or may not have In the end in Hollywood, high influence, power player  Etc circles she is just a game show and then C list former cable TV actress in an ensemble drama. These elite companies/brands aren’t going to cater to her because she had no real clout or pull to begin with and getting a worse rep all the time.Also If they really wanted a “Royal” face  their are any number of young stunning very stylish minor Noble ladies or Princesses in name only who would probably jump at he chance. Just saying. 

Of course, Katherine was on no list at all. Because she never held a full-time job, and barely any job at all. Talk about a social climber! (Why is it bad to be a social climber, anyway? Should people stay in their place?)

I'd love to see these actual lists. Where is the A list, and the B list and the C list? Or is it just something people make up?

Reading the looong WSJ article…

- The Great Expectations prequel is called “Bad Manners” 

- H&M have a show on Netflix called “Live to Lead.” That’s news to me.

- They’ve been pitching shows based on popular Netflix shows. Emily in Paris but with a man! Heartstopper but they’re gay! 

- They wanted to do a project about misinformation, but they couldn’t answer their own staff’s basic questions and the idea faded away.

- Isn’t it kind of bitchy that WSJ is completely dismissive of a bestselling book and a popular documentary? 

- Archewell has a new head of scripted content. Good luck to her.

- [H&M] “at times seem surprised by the work required to finish entertainment projects.”

- Meghan would call senior Spotify executives to ask them to override decisions made by producers on Archetypes.

- Harry was also supposed to host a Spotify podcast, but he “struggled to land on an idea.” 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

H&M have a show on Netflix called “Live to Lead.” That’s news to me.

Is that the one where Netflix tagged them in as narraters or some such after the show was basically done?

Sounds like the one where they were basically put in after the fact mainly hoping to draw on their names.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

- [H&M] “at times seem surprised by the work required to finish entertainment projects.- 

I can see Harry being surprised by that…up until he moved to California and started signing deals he’d never indicated that he was interested in creating entertainment. He had studied it in school, tried producing movies in his own as a teen, etc.

Meghan should have a little better idea because it was her world, but creating entertainment is vastly different than just appearing in it. It’s not uncommon for actors on long-running shows to try their hand at directing or producing an episode, but if she never tried that on Suits, I can see how some of the details might have slipped by her.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Sounds like the one where they were basically put in after the fact mainly hoping to draw on their names.

Like the other royals, over in the UK! They use the power of their names all the time, to get all sorts of privileges.

8 hours ago, Manda said:

I see the Hollywood honeymoon is over and people are now freely expressing what they think.  

https://pagesix.com/2023/06/26/meghan-markle-is-not-a-great-talent-uta-ceo-says/

Murdoch owns the NY Post. He is being sued by Harry. 

Murdoch also owns the WSJ.

These writers are freely expressing what Murdoch thinks. So they can pay their rent.

this was a bit funny https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/06/harry-meghan-spotify-podcast-netflix-deal/674531/

podcast ideas for HM:

The Grandmother Was Extra

Red Scare Booked Taylor Swift, and I’m Not Taking Calls

He Spends Two Days on the Witness Stand to Talk About … Chelsy Davy?

• Haha 5

The court case is wrapping up. Mirror argues that Harry failed to prove his case for phone hacking and just because there's been a lot of tabloid attention that Harry doesn¨t like doesn't mean that the information was accessed illegally.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/06/27/prince-harry-not-exempt-burden-truth-mirror-phone-hacking/

• Thank You 5

On 6/25/2023 at 1:56 PM, Manda said:

Netflix is working with the Sussexes on several upcoming projects, has no plans to stop, and reports their documentary was a huge success for them. This is from a Netflix spokesperson.

"We value our partnership with Archewell Productions," a Netflix spokesperson tells PEOPLE. "Harry & Meghan was Netflix's biggest documentary debut ever, and we'll continue to work together on a number of projects, including the upcoming documentary series Heart of Invictus."

https://people.com/meghan-markle-prince-harry-netflix-deal-not-ending-anytime-soon-streamer-spokesperson-says-7553899

Edited by Jackie3

Whatever the nature of the working relationship, I wouldn't have expected Netflix  to comment HM  negatively when they're just about to release the Invictus documentary and hoping that it doesn't flop.

Everything is fine at the Archewell empire, a spokesperson said so:

A spokesperson for Archewell said: “New companies often make changes in their start-up phase, both with people and strategy, and we are no exception. We’re more equipped, focused and energised than ever before.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/netflix-addresses-meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-relationship-reports_uk_649a9f69e4b0d92ebf522ad6

• Upvote 1

Netflix hasn't had quite as bad an experience as Spotify so they're willing to have a little give while monitoring the situation very, very closely.  If useful and productive work doesn't materialize, they'll drop them.  Perhaps quietly, but they'll be on top of productivity with little patience now.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Whatever the nature of the working relationship, I wouldn't have expected Netflix  to comment HM  negatively when they're just about to release the Invictus documentary and hoping that it doesn't flop.

In other words, their relationship seems to be good but I'm still hoping it's bad. Because I want this middle-aged couple in California (and their kids) to be unhappy, embarrassed and poor. 

9 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Netflix hasn't had quite as bad an experience as Spotify so they're willing to have a little give while monitoring the situation very, very closely.  If useful and productive work doesn't materialize, they'll drop them.  Perhaps quietly, but they'll be on top of productivity with little patience now.

"Not quite as bad?" The series broke records. It made them a fortune. I think they have a "little give" allright.

I don't think you can twist that to fit your narrative, I'm afraid.

Volume I of the show debuted with 81.55 million hours viewed—the highest view hours of any documentary title in a premiere week, per the streaming service.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a42242401/prince-harry-meghan-markle-docuseries-broken-netflix-records/

Edited by Jackie3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic