IGNORED

Harry and Meghan 15

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, TN-peach said:

Harry wanted to interview Putin, Zuckerman, Trump, the Pope, and others about  childhood traumas and fatherhood. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12224859/Prince-Harry-wanted-interview-Putin-Trump-Zuckerberg-childhood-traumas.html

Harry sold anecdotes about his private parts.  He also profited by sharing personal information about the RF, despite their preference for privacy and with the knowledge that they wouldn't be expected to do the same to him in return.  I believe he set a terrible example and may have a difficult time gaining trust from folks he'd like to interview on sensitive subjects.

Edited by Dandruff
Clarity.
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, TN-peach said:

Harry wanted to interview Putin, Zuckerman, Trump, the Pope, and others about  childhood traumas and fatherhood. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12224859/Prince-Harry-wanted-interview-Putin-Trump-Zuckerberg-childhood-traumas.html

How come this podcast idea sounds like Harry wanted to talk about how Charles sucks again?

Is he interested in anything else? Coding? Star Wars collectibles? Bikini fitness? Hydrogeology? Anything?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

How come this podcast idea sounds like Harry wanted to talk about how Charles sucks again?

Is he interested in anything else? Coding? Star Wars collectibles? Bikini fitness? Hydrogeology? Anything?

I heard he still likes polo but I guess a podcast about that would have an audience too limited for spotify.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

The sorry state of certain world leaders Todgers?  He is very familiar with that topic after all. But that’s very niche audience I suppose. 

• Haha 3

I can't imagine how anyone who ever heard Trump speak for a minute would assume that you could get him to speak seriously and actually answer questions. Let alone about his own childhood traumas or anything that would show weakness. You'd ask him about his dad and he'd brag and boast and revert to some rant about how great he is and how terrible everyone else is.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I think Charles can protect himself. He is one of the richest men in the world, and quite influential. He doesn't need our "protection." Why is everyone so concerned that his feelings are being hurt? He didn't worry about Diana's feelings.

As for Harry, he'll be silent when he wants to be silent. I like that he can't be shamed into it by Charles' protectors.

23 minutes ago, viii said:

So now we're taking Daily Mail articles as gospel truth? LOL. 

It's not about the source, it's the message that is important. If it trashes Harry and Meghan, it's game!

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

Oh no, the Daily Mail is utter trash. But I would love to know what Harry’s other interests are.  They both just seem unbelievably shallow, self-absorbed and vapid, and not particularly bright. Also, for living their “best life” they sure do seem miserable and discontent. 

• Upvote 8

On 6/22/2023 at 9:31 AM, Jackie3 said:

They don't care about the kids. They just don't want them in the LOS. That's the whole basis of the surrogacy rumors, and the "fake kids" rumors. 

No one cares what Archie and Lilli will think in 8-10 years when they read this stuff. And of course, they will.

I hope by then the world will be embarrassed about how they piled on to a woman who really has done nothing terrible. I wonder what the haters are hoping to accomplish? Driving her to suicide? Breaking up the marriage? 

I can't understand why people would hope for a divorce, or bankruptcy or failure in a couple they don't know, who have never harmed them. 

I unfortunately went down the surrogacy/fake pregnancy/pretend children rabbit hole on the internet a few months ago. It’s a surprisingly common conspiracy theory b that has been spread about a wide variety of celebrities. The list includes Benedict Cumberbatch and his wife, Beyoncé, multiple members of One Direction and wives, Kim Kardashian and more. 
One common source is the gossip site Crazy Days and Nights and a number of the people originating the theories are also pushing Qanon online. 

Given all of that, I don’t think it has much to do with race or the monarchy. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

It really does not.  As always  trolls on the internet are just frequently bat shit woo woo inane conspiracy theory trouble stirrers. 

• Upvote 2

I think a podcast exploring the childhoods of important figures with the potential to interview those people, would be interesting. Childhood trauma is very serious and shapes who people are, and by extention shapes how our leaders grapple with problems. As a society, we really do downplay childhood trauma and I think shedding a light on that and how it shapes people would be worthwhile.

I also think a podcast on fatherhood in the modern age would be interesting, especially with interviewing famous people about what fatherhood means to them and what has shaped them as fathers. 

And these seem exactly the type of things I could see Harry wanting to talk about, and definitely should be. 

I'd be curious as to what types of shows Spotify wanted him to do. I don't think a podcast on polo would be that popular. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I think a podcast exploring the childhoods of important figures with the potential to interview those people, would be interesting. Childhood trauma is very serious and shapes who people are, and by extention shapes how our leaders grapple with problems. As a society, we really do downplay childhood trauma and I think shedding a light on that and how it shapes people would be worthwhile.

I actually agree with you.  It would be very interesting.  I don't however, think Harry would be a good person to host that podcast right now.  He is so desperately in need of real privacy to sort out his very real, very complicated, very intense and personal feelings and emotions, without merching it for money and fame, or baring all of his trauma to a world that will not give him the support and help he obviously needs.  He needs to talk about it, but I don't know that a podcast would be the best place to do that. 

They keep doing this.  They vent to the world, and then are upset and traumatized when a world that thrives on celebrity gossip (it's not just Britain that has ruthless tabloids) doesn't treat them with kid gloves.  There is obviously a lot of pain, but he will not find what he needs by constantly exposing the most intimate and personal parts of himself and his life to the media he desperately hates.  

I would, however, be very interested in hearing him talk about fatherhood in the modern age.  

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I unfortunately went down the surrogacy/fake pregnancy/pretend children rabbit hole on the internet a few months ago. It’s a surprisingly common conspiracy theory b that has been spread about a wide variety of celebrities. The list includes Benedict Cumberbatch and his wife, Beyoncé, multiple members of One Direction and wives, Kim Kardashian and more. 
One common source is the gossip site Crazy Days and Nights and a number of the people originating the theories are also pushing Qanon online. 

Boris Johnson's children with Carrie are apparently dolls or surrogates, depending on who you believe. It seems to be a common conspiracy pushed about minor celebrities, especially those who try to guard their children's privacy, since the fewer photos there are, especially if they're only taken from angles which don't show the child's face, the easier it seems for people to go "aha, this [minor thing which might actually be an artefact of the photograph] is evidence it's a doll!"

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I also think a podcast on fatherhood in the modern age would be interesting, especially with interviewing famous people about what fatherhood means to them and what has shaped them as fathers. 

All true but do you really think Trump or Putin would end up confessing in tears to Harry how they had such a traumatic childhood and that made them the wacko/tyrant they are now? 

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Kim Kardashian did have a surrogate for her last two pregnancies. She didn’t hide that. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

All true but do you really think Trump or Putin would end up confessing in tears to Harry how they had such a traumatic childhood and that made them the wacko/tyrant they are now? 

"If only my father loved me more I wouldn't have started a war in Ukraine."

it would go down great with the generals I'm sure

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

Does anyone really think Harry would be a good, empathetic interviewer who could coax traumatic childhood recollections from people like Putin or Trump? Sounds to me like Harry wants the opportunity to talk endlessly about how crap his own dad was...what do you bet he'd do 20% of the listening and 80% of the talking if that podcast happened?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Harry, to me, does seem like a very empathetic person.

I imagine Trump and Putin were thrown out in a pitch meeting as examples of people it would be interesting to know what happened in their childhoods to make them who they are, but I doubt they were realitistically seen as possible interviews. It would be interesting, though, to do a deep dive on what is known about their childhoods and see what shaped them, connecting that to what we know about child psychology and development. 

• Upvote 3

He does seem like an empathetic, social sort.  He always looked really happy and comfortable doing his work with Sentebale and Invictus.  He seems like the kind of person who loves being actively involved with people.  He always looks less comfortable to me with the interviews and anything media related, which is why I wonder if he would actually enjoy doing a podcast.  

I think it would take a very skilled interviewer (not just an empathetic and good-hearted one), to interview Trump and Putin, etc... It would definitely be interesting, although I feel like it could verge on exploitive as well, only because deep diving into childhood trauma is usually something done under the confidentiality of a trained therapist.  I don't know.... I have a lot of childhood trauma myself, and I often feel that personally, I am nowhere near being emotionally healthy enough to bare my soul to the public.  I think sometimes people feel that's a good idea, but the real healing work is always done privately.  

I'm rambling.  I am sure it was only an example, as you said.  

I do hope Harry finds something that he really loves to do, and not just the next trendy thing.  For someone who really hates publicity, I feel for him.  It seems the only thing he has found to do to support himself is constantly put himself in the media eye, which is just not something he seems comfortable with.  It must be so hard.  

• Love 1

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

"If only my father loved me more I wouldn't have started a war in Ukraine."

it would go down great with the generals I'm sure

Actually, if you want to figure out how monsters are created, it's good to look at their childhood. Very few babies come out of the womb as monsters.

I'm not the only one who believes that. Read The Body Keeps the Score. That's the whole premise.

A look at Putin's childhood would be a useful thing. Maybe we could prevent future wars. Whether or not it "goes down with the generals."

What is wrong with people? No wonder security is so important to Harry.

FzRSsBLWIAsVTR4.jpg.534129e5b39da263af1c218f6892d285.jpg

19 hours ago, Manda said:

Things aren't going quite as expected.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/1083687-prince-harry-meghan-markle-in-a-mild-panic-over-the-next-pay-cheque

Is it Meghan's turn to write a royal family bashing memoir?

Statements from a "royal journalist"!  

15 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Oh, please. The crazies support the white members of Meghan's family--Thomas Markle and crazy Samantha Markle. That's a coincidence? 

The things they say about Doria/Meghan are all the types of insults that are typically thrown out against Blacks--ghetto dwellers, drug users, etc. That's a coincidence? 

This is an all-white family--a family with a history of colonialism and slavery-- that rejected it's first biracial member. And it has nothing to do with race?  How can you say that with a straight face?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Kim Kardashian did have a surrogate for her last two pregnancies. She didn’t hide that. 

There’s a whole theory that she faked her own  pregnancies and none of the children exist. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic