IGNORED

Harry and Meghan 15

samurai_sarah

The jubliee...he can't have had much expectation. But I imagine being in that family you can't help but sort imagine the day your day becomes king, imagine yourself in the pomp. Certainly he has stated himself that he thought he and Meghan would join in it all when Charles said he couldn't afford them.

It had to have hurt on a very deep level. He seemed to think that book would smooth things over. (He was an idiot there). But I dont think he had much time to process he's out before it was suddenly glaringly obvious to.the whole world.

Ouch.

I hope he's OK. As one human thinking of another.

But I also hope he does some serious personal growth. Sounds like William is a hard ass so who knows if he will ever be welcome again in any format.

It's very sad. Sad how families break apart. Charles seems like a sensitive type and I expect there was a deep sadness for him as well. 

I'll be very curious if Harry kinda goes quietly into the background the next few years or doesn't something crazy trying to get back into it all. Nosy me is here for it.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Just watched a bit of the balcony waving bit. And I'm struck how sad it is to have no Harry. We've watched him waving on the balcony his whole life. No fancy robes and all that today. It must be very very hard for him. I'm sorta of bittersweet sad. I think he brought it on himself and has acted an ass. But still, it's a sad break and I'm unexpectedly touched by it.

Yeah, it was a change. But she looked soooo good! Haha. I dont want to do all the work to look like that but I can appreciate it!

Harry is only a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order and they don't wear robes so he wouldn't have had one to wear anyway.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, viii said:

True, but the two aren’t comparable to me. This is the pinnacle of his father’s life and service. This is what he has been waiting 74 years for. Big difference (to me, anyway) between celebrating X amount of years for grandma and THE coronation of his father. 

Ok, that‘s fair from his point of view.

• Upvote 2

Did you guys see this pic/still of Harry? I've seen Charles make that exact face. It's wild. Harry usually looks rather relaxed and happy so I'm not used to seeing Charles' grumpy mug.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230508-205243_Instagram.jpg.32487ec9f65bc14a011edd67cdf5b25b.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

I noticed that photo earlier today.  That's quite the expression isn't it?

• I Agree 6

On 5/6/2023 at 6:13 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I'll be very curious if Harry kinda goes quietly into the background the next few years or doesn't something crazy trying to get back into it all. Nosy me is here for it.

I think the LAST thing he wants to do is ever get back into it all.

He seemed stable, confident, happy. He did exactly what he said he was going to do, to respect his father. He left asap because he doesn't enjoy that stuff. Honestly, I didn't see many happy faces in that crowd.

Was that when he saw Anne‘s red feather and realised she would be sitting in front of him?

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Was that when he saw Anne‘s red feather and realised she would be sitting in front of him?

Yes, exactly! He got the job done, without sweating the small details. 

All in all, it was a rather joyless coronation. I think a lot of people watched just for Harry.

4 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Or maybe it was when he saw disgraced, disgusting Andrew wearing his Knight of the Garter robes. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, viii said:

Or maybe it was when he saw disgraced, disgusting Andrew wearing his Knight of the Garter robes. 

Did I miss Harry mentioning his disgust for Andrew? Because to me he seemed so much more offended by his father, his brother and their wives.

• Upvote 8

No, Harry hasn't made any public remarks regarding Andrew. I think it's because he doesn't want to alienate Beatrice and Eugenie, who seem to be the only family members still willing to talk to him. 

I was more or less making a remark about how gross I found it that Andrew was there in his robes of honour. Disgusting. 

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Did I miss Harry mentioning his disgust for Andrew? Because to me he seemed so much more offended by his father, his brother and their wives.

His father seems so much more offended by Harry and Meghan.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, viii said:

No, Harry hasn't made any public remarks regarding Andrew. I think it's because he doesn't want to alienate Beatrice and Eugenie, who seem to be the only family members still willing to talk to him. 

I'm not sure that he wants to talk to other members of his family.

Andrew--I doubt Harry has anything to say to him

Camilla--Pretty sure Harry doesn't want to talk to her

William--that's a nope

Kate--nope again

Edward--Harry is 21 years his junior, I don't think they miss each other

Sophie--same, she's 20 years older than Harry, I doubt they are best buds

17 hours ago, viii said:

I was more or less making a remark about how gross I found it that Andrew was there in his robes of honour. Disgusting. 

I completely missed Andrew in what I saw of the coronation. Was he really there in Garter robes? I thought he was ousted from the order by QEII

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I completely missed Andrew in what I saw of the coronation. Was he really there in Garter robes? I thought he was ousted from the order by QEII

No, he's still a member of the Order. The Queen didn't remove him. He didn't appear publicly at last year's investiture ceremony, but is still entitled to wear the Garter robes at occasions such as the coronation. Whether he SHOULD wear them or not is up for conjecture; I was somewhat surprised to see them on him, but apparently Charles allowed it. 

The last members of the Order that I can find who were removed were Emperor Hirohito of Japan and King Victor Emmanuel of Italy. Both were 'extra knights;' membership was expanded in the last couple hundred years to include foreigners as well as other members of the royal family and more distant relatives (apparently they have to be descended from George I, but I haven't come across the reason why yet in my Googling!). 

• Thank You 3

Unfortunately, he was there. Thankfully the cameras didn't pan much to him. They also didn't show Harry much (maybe largely in thanks to Anne's feather!). I'm wondering if the Palace had some sort of agreement with some of the media (such as BBC) because normally the cameras love to focus on the drama and I saw very little of Andrew and Harry from what I watched. 

• Upvote 3

I think the dress code for non-working royal men was morning suit, business suit, or military uniform for active military.  I'm guessing that Andrew chose to ignore the dress code and what were they going to do?  Not let him in?  He was showing off and I'm guessing there will be never to be told consequences.  With all the other robes and clergy and as said above Andrew was barely shown, it was not a big show for him.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, viii said:

Unfortunately, he was there. Thankfully the cameras didn't pan much to him. They also didn't show Harry much (maybe largely in thanks to Anne's feather!). I'm wondering if the Palace had some sort of agreement with some of the media (such as BBC) because normally the cameras love to focus on the drama and I saw very little of Andrew and Harry from what I watched. 

It takes more than a feather to stop the. media when they want to photograph someone. I suspect that Harry negotiated some kind of agreement about their coverage before he agreed to attend. It seems the logical thing to do.

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think the dress code for non-working royal men was morning suit, business suit, or military uniform for active military.  I'm guessing that Andrew chose to ignore the dress code and what were they going to do?  Not let him in?  He was showing off and I'm guessing there will be never to be told consequences.  With all the other robes and clergy and as said above Andrew was barely shown, it was not a big show for him.  

Charles is the King of England. Of course he could refuse to let Andrew in if he didn't follow the rules. Do you think he'd lose popularity by setting limits with his sex pest brother? If anything, people would respect him for doing that.

What's funny is that Andrew thought he looked better in those Hogwarts robes than he would in a decent morning suit.

I read today that Andrew was told not to wear his robes, but he did it anyways. Charles really needs to find a way to controll him better. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I read today that Andrew was told not to wear his robes, but he did it anyways. Charles really needs to find a way to controll him better. 

If it's true...wow what an ass move. I believe it though because Andrew has always been reported to be obsessed with his status.

• Upvote 10

I watched a video of Andrew entering the Abbey; he was definitely looking around to see if anybody was going to accost him.  Obviously, that is why he looked so uneasy.

• Upvote 2

A 2 hour car chase in NYC? With NYC traffic ? Uhhuh. According to their spokesperson anyways. People couldn’t get any information about this chaotic event that nearly killed people from anyone other than the spokesperson?  I’ll be awaiting the NYPD report with bated breath. 

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Hardly seems worth the trouble if they had just shown up to be photographed at an event. 

Meghan, sitting in a car with her husband and her mom? What's the scandal in that?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic