IGNORED

Idaho Mom Lori Daybell 2

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, Chickenbutt said:

They have a verdict. Will be read in an hour give or take a couple of minutes. 

Verdict should be announced at 12:45 MDT. This is the youtube channel for the judge involved, which has been set up to stream the verdict:

https://www.youtube.com/@JudgeStevenWBoyce

• Thank You 2

Guilty as charged on all counts. The jury has been polled and each juror confirms his/her guilty verdict.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

4 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

The jury got it right

ITA. I was steeling myself for a "not guilty" on the Tammy Daybell count because there was a small amount of plausible deniability. Sounds like sentencing will be late summer or early fall at the soonest.

I hope that the Woodcocks are feeling some relief. I wonder what Chad will do. These verdicts for Lori's crimes do not bode well for him.

• Upvote 5

Long time coming!!! That day in June when they found the bodies seems so long ago. 

But it's not over until Chad is brought to justice too.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I still believe Chad will cop a plea of guilty in exchange for life in prison. He will want to save his miserable life. How can he live without his "Goddess"?

I can't help but to think about, and have sympathy for, Chad's kids.  After all that came out in Lori's trial, how they must be feeling about their dad, his future, their future. I hope they have loving family members supporting them. 

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I still believe Chad will cop a plea of guilty in exchange for life in prison. He will want to save his miserable life. How can he live without his "Goddess"?

I can't help but to think about, and have sympathy for, Chad's kids.  After all that came out in Lori's trial, how they must be feeling about their dad, his future, their future. I hope they have loving family members supporting them. 

I dunno how closely they've been following Lori's trial. They might still be holding on to hope it was all Lori and Chad was just a fall guy.  Though if they heard Tammy's cause of death it might be getting hard to deny it now.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Guilty on all counts.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer woman.  Man, the victim impact statements at her sentencing are going to be brutal.  I wonder if those will be televised?

Now it is Chad's turn but it seems like we have to wait until next year. 

• Upvote 4

I suspect that Chad Daybell will not change his plea until Vallow has been sentenced. If, that is, the prosecutors will take the death penalty off the table in exchange for a guilty plea. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

During his live after-verdict report, Nate Eaton said Dateline will have a 2-hr coverage this evening.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

After the verdict Kay and Larry made it sound like there's going to be charges around the attempted murder of Brandon Boudreaux as well (sorry if that's old news, I hadn't heard it before).   

• Upvote 6

35 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

After the verdict Kay and Larry made it sound like there's going to be charges around the attempted murder of Brandon Boudreaux as well (sorry if that's old news, I hadn't heard it before).   

Thank you. These intertwined cases are confusing to track. At first, in 2021, the Gilbert, AZ authorities were going to charge both Chad & Lori for conspiring to murder Boudreaux, then, in 2022, they dropped Chad but kept the charges against Lori for the conspiracy. Joe Ryan's sister has a good timeline (through 2020). Joe was Tylee's biological father & Lori's 3rd husband who was assaulted by Alex Cox and may have died under suspicious circumstances.

I do wonder if Melani (or Melaniece, as she's called on Reddit), Brandon's ex, will be charged with anything. It sure seems like she knew a lot about all of these crimes, not to mention the plot against her ex-husband.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Just came across a marathon podcast (4+ hours) which includes a lengthy interview with Megan Conner, daughter of Lori's motherʻs brother. They all grew up together and she has a lot to say about that family. The show focuses on the LDS church from the standpoint of former church members. 

tl;dr - Lori's behavior has a long history. It didn't come out of nowhere.

Edited by hoipolloi
Fixed typo
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

I do wonder if Melani (or Melaniece, as she's called on Reddit), Brandon's ex, will be charged with anything. It sure seems like she knew a lot about all of these crimes, not to mention the plot against her ex-husband.

I'd guess police have tried hard to connect her to the attempt to assassinate her ex.  Alex Cox came within inches of being successful. 

When Lori is extradited to AZ to face charges in Charles' death and the attempted murder of Brandon B,  will she implicate Melanie as part of a plea deal? 

If she's sentenced to life without parole in Idaho, will it even matter?

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

tl;dr - Lori's behavior has a long history. It didn't come out of nowhere.

I listened to the whole podcast, and Megan reaffirms that entire extended family is troubled.  It was interesting hearing Megan’s speculation that a couple other murders may be attributed to Alex, but we’ll never know.  Mormon Stories interviews and discussions are always long, but after listening to a couple dozen, plus offshoots, I’m getting a better sense of the corporation cult religion that is Mormonism.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

I’m getting a better sense of the corporation cult religion that is Mormonism.

Exactly. As the discussants say, it is telling that when the official LDS church goes after "apostates" proactively, they always target members who affirm LGBTQ+ rights, women's rights, or similar principles. It is almost NEVER the FLDS or the doomsday cultists like Chad & Lori. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2023 at 12:52 PM, CTRLZero said:

It was interesting hearing Megan’s speculation that a couple other murders may be attributed to Alex, but we’ll never know.

Anything more detailed than her suspicions? I've considered the possibility that Alex C was a serial killer, although perhaps not a prolific one.  Just too many bodies left in his wake. He was a truck driver for a time, IIRC, the perfect serial killer job. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Anything more detailed than her suspicions? I've considered the possibility that Alex C was a serial killer, although perhaps not a prolific one.  Just too many bodies left in his wake. He was a truck driver for a time, IIRC, the perfect serial killer job. 

Nothing other than her suspicions.  He was alone with a family member who overdosed on insulin, plus the unexplained death of Joe(?) Ryan.  Megan said Alex had an accident which caused a head injury, and he was not the same after that.  Who knows if Lori was able to influence him due to that circumstance.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

He was alone with a family member who overdosed on insulin,

I seem to recall something about that.  Was it a sister? 

10 minutes ago, Howl said:

I seem to recall something about that.  Was it a sister? 

I didn’t pay too much attention to that part of Megan’s interview, since the family tree was starting to confuse me.  I believe it was a sister (Stacey?) who was already in ill health and depressed.  It happened a long time ago, so…. 🤷‍♀️   Megan was very angry and bitter (and suspicious, apparently) about the death, but that’s about all I know.  

Edited by CTRLZero
Trying to recall names…
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1