IGNORED

Idaho Mom Lori Daybell 2

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Howl said:

I seem to recall something about that.  Was it a sister? 

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I believe it was a sister (Stacey?) who was already in ill health and depressed.

Yes, it was Lori's and Alexʻs sister Stacey who was a diabetic (Type I?) and insulin-dependent. She was found in a diabetic coma at home by Alex & Megan. Unfortunately, she could not be revived and died soon after. Megan believes that much of the circumstances surrounding Staceyʻs death are suspicious. Stacey is the mother of Melani, or Melaniece, as redditors call her.

Hope this is right. An alternate juror does an interview. 

Lori Vallow Daybell Juror Breaks Silence on ‘Doomsday Cult’ Mom Conviction - YouTube

Mods, feel free to spoiler this if necessary. Sorry if I did it wrong. 

• Thank You 3

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Nate Eaton has interviewed Juror #8 and will be posting the entire thing.

Here is the youtube video Nate Eaton's interview with the juror:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

What an articulate and informative juror.  He kept wanting to see Lori humanized, somehow, but that didn’t happen.  What he said about the type of evidence he wished they’d had was also intriguing.  I wonder if more of that will be offered at Chad’s trial.

Thanks for posting the interview.  It really gave a broader perspective to the trial process. 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

What an articulate and informative juror.  He kept wanting to see Lori humanized, somehow, but that didn’t happen.  What he said about the type of evidence he wished they’d had was also intriguing.  I wonder if more of that will be offered at Chad’s trial.

Thanks for posting the interview.  It really gave a broader perspective to the trial process. 

Even though I am usually adverse to this sort of interview process, I thought the interview was very respectful of the juror and the legal process as a whole. And, when the juror discussed the "face of evil" that came in at the end it didn't seem at all like he was grandstanding or trying to exaggerate: he was just so matter of fact about it. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, FiveAcres said:

Even though I am usually adverse to this sort of interview process, I thought the interview was very respectful of the juror and the legal process as a whole. And, when the juror discussed the "face of evil" that came in at the end it didn't seem at all like he was grandstanding or trying to exaggerate: he was just so matter of fact about it. 

Yes.  I also noted how reassuring the juror was in that, even though a couple jurors may have had concerns, they carefully went over the evidence and no one was pressured.  It was really a relief to hear him say that it was a process of evidence over emotion.  Very glad he was matter of fact, as you say. 

• Upvote 4

District Judge Steven Boyce will sentence Daybell at 9 a.m. on Monday, July 31 at the Fremont County Courthouse. Victims are expected to give impact statements and Daybell may be allowed to speak if she wishes.

The court will livestream the hearing and EastIdahoNews.com will broadcast the video across our platforms.

Sentencing date set for Lori Vallow Daybell - East Idaho News

Woohoo.....it will be live streamed

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

On 5/17/2023 at 5:50 PM, FiveAcres said:

Even though I am usually adverse to this sort of interview process, I thought the interview was very respectful of the juror and the legal process as a whole.

Nate Eaton is calm, grounded, very decent, probably Mormon guy, interviewing another guy that's likely the same.  No need for aggressive questioning -- a mutually respectful interaction.

• Upvote 2

Catching up because I had to take a break from this case for a bit. Glad she's been found guilty. Hope he changes his plea and spares everyone another trial, and then both of them can vanish into incarcerated obscurity for the rest of their miserable lives.

• Upvote 6

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/lori-vallow-daybell-files-for-a-new-trial-citing-confusing-jury-instructions/ar-AA1bKgEV

The woman found guilty of murdering her two children and conspiring to murder her husband's former wife has asked for a new trial, citing "confusing" jury instructions.

So Lori has ask for a new trial. Confusing jury instructions among other things per the article. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

41 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

So Lori has ask for a new trial. Confusing jury instructions among other things per the article. 

Yeah, not sure that will happen. New trial in Arizona, sure, but not a re-trial.

• Upvote 1

Chad is going to trial April 1, 2024

According to a notice filed by Judge Steven Boyce on Friday, the trial will start on April 1, 2024 in Ada County, where the weekslong trial for Lori Vallow Daybell took place just weeks ago.

Trial date set for Chad Daybell (msn.com)

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2023 at 11:06 AM, Chickenbutt said:

the weekslong trial for Lori Vallow Daybell took place just weeks ago

and now Kay and Larry are headed to Idaho to see Lori sentenced and give victim impact statements.  

• Upvote 3

JFC, Lori speaks at the sentencing:

LoriVallowStatement.thumb.png.ffe8ba0e9a456c0f77903b2208e0cf3c.png

While it comes across as crazy, of course, I have no doubt that it is 100% calculating and NOT insane.

ETA:Lifewithnoparole.thumb.png.1e1c15900b87c6d704eb44f3d4fd457b.png

Good. The key to her cell needs to be thrown away.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Thank You 7

“No one was murdered in this case…”. Uh…. Words pretty much fail me with Lori’s wacky, harmful view of the situation.  Enjoy your jail time, Lori, because your chances of achieving the celestial kingdom are slim.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

“No one was murdered in this case…”. Uh…. Words pretty much fail me with Lori’s wacky, harmful view of the situation.  Enjoy your jail time, Lori, because your chances of achieving the celestial kingdom are slim.  

Her "words" disgust me. I hope someone shows her the spirit world in jail, if you know what I  mean. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/25/2023 at 10:25 PM, Ozlsn said:

Hope he changes his plea and spares everyone another trial, and then both of them can vanish into incarcerated obscurity for the rest of their miserable lives.

That's the thing when people go to prison for life without parole -- they sink beneath the waves and no one will hear from them again.  Even if it's not LWOP -- oblivion.  Anybody heard from Elizabeth Holmes lately? 

I'd really like confirmation that Lori had a near-death experience while in labor with Tylee. 

Time will tell if Lori suicides in prison, because homesick for heaven, not fearing death and peaceful and happy when getting a glimpse of heaven doesn't sound like someone committed to hanging  around, especially when Lori actually experiences a women's prison population and realizes that it...that's her life until the end.  She's also looking very menopausal to me.  Depending, it can be pretty damned miserable and she won't have access to anything that eases the nighsweats, bad sleep, all the things. 

Sending some sweet thoughts to Kay and Larry Woodcock - it must have been horrible sitting through Lori's ramblings.  They will be comforted knowing that Lori will never taste freedom again. 

I also noted that Kay in an earlier statement said that JJ was reading at a very advanced level.  I hadn't heard anything about that prior. 

I don't know what Chad will do, plead to LWOP with death sentence off the table or go to trial. 

Spoiler

image.png.5db7f2950bd335e0d5629057de998ad1.png

Photo taken in court today. I suppose when you are a goddess you can smile about anything. 

• Angry 1

On 7/31/2023 at 4:06 PM, Howl said:

Anybody heard from Elizabeth Holmes lately?

Apparently that bitch has everyone convinced she is a model prisoner and already had her sentence reduced by two years. She’s now scheduled to be released in December 2032. Don’t get me started…

• WTF 1

Ugh. I meant to post this pic months ago, but I just plain forgot. I'm going to post it now, so that I can recycle the newspaper in the picture!

Spoiler

20230810_172653.thumb.jpg.f104076a9fb8bd8ec6a785eb18e62f31.jpg

The juxtaposition of the banner and the headline kind of caught my eye .

• Upvote 6

Just finished When The Moon Turns to Blood. The author focuses on the end-times, Near Death Experiences (NDEs), and fringe LDS theology cults in which Chad and Lori became immersed, seeing these phenomena as major factors in this whole terrible saga. 

From the author's descriptions of Chad's and Lori's behaviors and the group around them, I'd also say that Melani Gibb and Mela-niece, in particular, bear more responsibility for the murders of Charles Vallow, Tylee & JJ than they have been credited with. They clearly heard and knew a lot but did little or nothing with the information until it was too late.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter recently had me listen/watch a podcast about some case and I enjoyed it so I looked up a couple more and watched them. One led me to the recent short series by Adam Cox (Lori's brother) and Rex Conner, their uncle on their mom's side. 

I previously formed an opinion that neither Lori nor Chad believed most of their end times/zombies/etc stuff but merely used those 'beliefs' to empower them to get money via killing people. After listening to Adam and Rex's podcast episodes about this case I have changed my mind. Lori had questionable or zealous religious thoughts and views for decades and her vulnerability/fragility in religious matters likely really did cause her to become delusional about it all. I also understand how it was possible for Lori and Chad to hoodwink Alex Cox into doing the killings.

Chad may not have believed it all, but when he first got attention from Lori he kept coming up with more outlandish things to keep Lori hooked because having Lori believe him and fawn over him made him feel important. 

Probably a lot of you knew all this already, but for those who don't see how it could happen you might give those podcasts a listen. I'm recommending only the first 6 or 7podcasts plus the responses. Adam and Rex now seem to be trying to make a name and business out of all this and I quit listening. 

In the non-relevant to the case episode #10, they refer to everyone's purpose and I immediately flashed back to Steve Martin in The Jerk and his special purpose, had a good laugh then closed the video. I found them on YouTube under Tylee and JJs Silver Linings.

• Thank You 5