IGNORED

Idaho Mom Lori Daybell 2

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

I previously formed an opinion that neither Lori nor Chad believed most of their end times/zombies/etc stuff but merely used those 'beliefs' to empower them to get money via killing people. After listening to Adam and Rex's podcast episodes about this case I have changed my mind. Lori had questionable or zealous religious thoughts and views for decades and her vulnerability/fragility in religious matters likely really did cause her to become delusional about it all. I also understand how it was possible for Lori and Chad to hoodwink Alex Cox into doing the killings.

Chad may not have believed it all, but when he first got attention from Lori he kept coming up with more outlandish things to keep Lori hooked because having Lori believe him and fawn over him made him feel important. 

This all makes sense. I also thought C & L were running a giant scam but have changed my mind. While grifting was a big part of what they did, I now think that they believed in their own shite. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/4/2023 at 4:25 AM, KnittingOwl said:

Apparently that bitch has everyone convinced she is a model prisoner and already had her sentence reduced by two years. She’s now scheduled to be released in December 2032. Don’t get me started…

Arizona has sent a request to Idaho for Lori to be extradited to AZ to stand trial for the murder of Charles Vallow.  Arizona also indicted her in May 2023 for conspiring to murder Brandon Boudreaux.  I doubt she'll ever be a free woman. 

On 8/25/2023 at 3:22 PM, Bobology said:

After listening to Adam and Rex's podcast episodes about this case I have changed my mind. Lori had questionable or zealous religious thoughts and views for decades and her vulnerability/fragility in religious matters likely really did cause her to become delusional about it all.

There were so many years when friends and family thought of her as a loving, caring wife to Charles and mother to JJ and Tylee.  She did fall off a cliff somewhere in there. 

On 8/25/2023 at 3:22 PM, Bobology said:

I also understand how it was possible for Lori and Chad to hoodwink Alex Cox into doing the killings.

Alex Cox murders:

• Charles Vallow
  • Tylee
  • JJ 
  • Tammy Daybell* 
  • Joe Ryan*

(personal opinion that Alex Cox was directly involved in Tammy's actual murder and the death of Joe Ryan)

Alex Cox failed assassinations attempts:

• Brandon Boudreaux
  • Tammy Daybell

My thought is that Alex Cox was a psychopath and possibly a serial murderer or at least had murdered before he began murdering  at Lori's behest. The murders of Charles Vallow, Tylee and JJ were up close and very personal. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

19 hours ago, Howl said:

Arizona has sent a request to Idaho for Lori to be extradited to AZ to stand trial for the murder of Charles Vallow.  Arizona also indicted her in May 2023 for conspiring to murder Brandon Boudreaux.  I doubt she'll ever be a free woman. 

Sorry, I was talking about Elizabeth Holmes. I agree. I don’t think Lori will ever be free (nor should she be). 

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2023 at 11:06 AM, Chickenbutt said:

Chad is going to trial April 1, 2024

I just watched a status conference on Hidden True Crime confirming this trial date.  Other matters concerned such things as:  cameras in the courtroom (probably not); defense calling expert witnesses (sounds like some DNA experts); and how to keep things on schedule.  It was a little chilling being reminded this is a death penalty case.  Chad Daybell was listening from prison, but made no comment.  

• Thank You 2

I just wanted to put this here as a cross-reference between the Daybell-Vallow thread, 8 Passengers thread, and Tim Ballard thread.  Mormon Stories podcast and Hidden True Crime podcast have a panel discussion linking these folks with another therapist, Thom Harrison, and a book called Visions of Glory.  There are two Mormon Stories YouTube episodes, #1825 (5 hours) and #1826 (2 hours).  Crazy stuff.

Here is a link to the shorter episode:  Mormon Stories #1826 re Visions of Glory evil spirits book

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Linking to a post I made in the Tim Ballard thread.  Jordan and McKay cover the book Visions of Glory.

• Thank You 2

• 1 month later...

I’ve been reading reports that Chad Daybell’s trial will be live-streamed, per the judge’s ruling.  I don’t know if there will be restrictions, but it’s an interesting development. 

• Upvote 4

About 3 days ago a YouTube suggestion popped up for me and it was Hidden True Crime (I've previously watched several) with a shortish video about a rumor (my term) surrounding one of Lori's trial witnesses, the one who testified that Lori threatened to kill her. When I finally had time to start the follow-up HTC video (about 1 3/4 hrs, as I recall) both videos were gone. 

The rumor was bold. HTC had an anonymous source who had talked with that witness, and that witness had told the source that Lori also told that witness that she saw Joe Ryan (Tylee's dad) take his last breath and was relieved it took so many days for his body to be discovered (implying that the body deterioration helped obscure what actually happened and his death was ruled natural.)

The fact that both videos were removed makes me wonder if an attorney got involved, like an attorney for either that witness or Lori, and HTC volunteered or was ordered to remove the videos.

Did anyone else see the short video HTC had up, and did anyone see the much longer one?

To be clear, what was presented in the short HTC video was unsubstantiated, a rumor, although the lady on HTC said she "vetted" the anonymous source and she seemed to believe what was told to her.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I’ve been reading reports that Chad Daybell’s trial will be live-streamed, per the judge’s ruling.  I don’t know if there will be restrictions, but it’s an interesting development. 

I saw a glimpse of that too.  I think it will be similar to the Judge's decision in the Idaho 4 murder trial.  The judge will be in charge of the cameras and the angles.  This was after the press got into a lot of trouble for focusing in on the defendant too much and on the defense table. 

Personally, I am all for either the court setting up the cameras and controlling the angles.  At least we get it live.  I will have to say though I felt like in recent streamed trials (Depp v. Heard, the Christmas Parade murder trial) Court TV as the pool camera operator did a good job of broadcasting those trials.  For example the Christmas Parade one, Court TV panned the camera away when minors were speaking.  They didn't broadcast the graphic exhibits from the trial.  So I believe that streaming trials can be done in a respectful way.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

Did anyone else see the short video HTC had up, and did anyone see the much longer one?

To be clear, what was presented in the short HTC video was unsubstantiated, a rumor, although the lady on HTC said she "vetted" the anonymous source and she seemed to believe what was told to her.

I did see the short version and, like much of what I view on the internet, wondered if was true.  It would be nice if crime witnesses would maybe alert authorities to potential murders, but that’s just me.  🙃  Thanks for pointing out that the videos were removed, I hadn’t noticed that.  I recall that episodes were removed from the Mormon Stories podcast due to pending litigation in the Jody Hildebrandt matter, so maybe authorities are taking another look (or the witness was not credible 🤷‍♀️).  Curious…. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Thanks for pointing out that the videos were removed

At least one is back or maybe was never removed. I thought I could go directly to the channel, click on videos and then see them in order that were posted from the most recent going backwards. Neither video shows up there but I found the long one a different way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2doFnZHhWIs

• Thank You 1

From the AP.  Article on Lori’s arraignment in Arizona.

A woman sentenced to life in an Idaho prison for murdering her two youngest children and another woman has pleaded not guilty to charges in Arizona of conspiring to kill her estranged husband and her niece’s ex-husband.

Lori Vallow Daybell, dressed in an orange jail uniform, stated her name and birthdate when a judge asked her to do so during a five-minute arraignment hearing Thursday in state court in Phoenix. Her trial is scheduled for April 4.

Keith Terry, Vallow Daybell’s attorney, did not immediately return a phone call and email Thursday morning after the hearing seeking comment on his client’s behalf.

In 2019, Vallow Daybell still lived in a Phoenix suburb with her children, 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and then-16-year-old Tylee Ryan. She was estranged from her fourth husband, Charles Vallow, at the time, and he had written in divorce filings that she claimed to be a goddess sent to usher in the Biblical apocalypse.

Charles Vallow was shot and killed by Vallow Daybell’s brother, Alex Cox, that summer. Cox told police he acted in self-defense and he was never charged. Cox died later that year of what investigators said were natural causes.

Shortly after Charles Vallow died, Vallow Daybell and her kids moved to Idaho. Prosecutors said she made the move to be closer to her then-boyfriend, Chad Daybell, and that together the two plotted to remove any obstacle to their happiness.

Chad Daybell has also been charged in the murders of the two kids and his late wife. He has pleaded not guilty and is awaiting trial.

Over the next several weeks, Vallow Daybell’s two children disappeared and Chad Daybell’s then-wife, Tammy Daybell, died of what was initially believed to be natural causes. But authorities became suspicious when Lori Vallow Daybell and Chad Daybell married just two weeks later, and determined Tammy Daybell had been asphyxiated.

Extended family members had also grown worried about the missing kids and police launched a multi-state investigation looking for the children. Their bodies were later found buried in Chad Daybell’s yard.

Meanwhile, another person connected to the family reported an attempted shooting. Brandon Boudreaux, who had recently divorced Vallow Daybell’s niece, said someone driving a Jeep had shot at him outside his home. The Jeep matched the description of one that had been purchased by Charles Vallow before his death.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

• 3 months later...

Will the trial be Livestreamed? I have next week off! 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Will the trial be Livestreamed? I have next week off! 

Apparently, yes.  Here is what I found on KSL.com:

[Judge] Boyce is allowing the trial to be livestreamed with court-operated cameras. EastIdahoNews.com will stream proceedings daily and be in the courtroom when jury selections begins April 1. Reporter Nate Eaton will recap the events of each day during 'Courtroom Insider' — a program livestreamed weeknights from Boise at 6:30 p.m.

• Thank You 3

I did watch a primer/ refresher video on Chad Daybell today from Hidden True Crime.  They’ll likely have content this week related to the trial.

• Upvote 2

The Hidden True Crime refresher on Chad Daybell's Timeline was useful. I had forgotten how whack all these people were: terrifying!

• I Agree 4

On 11/30/2023 at 7:36 AM, Bobology said:

The rumor was bold. HTC had an anonymous source who had talked with that witness, and that witness had told the source that Lori also told that witness that she saw Joe Ryan (Tylee's dad) take his last breath and was relieved it took so many days for his body to be discovered (implying that the body deterioration helped obscure what actually happened and his death was ruled natural.)

Alex hated Joe Ryan, and attacked him in Austin at the location where Joe Ryan had supervised visitation with Tylee. Alex served 6 months or so in jail for that assault. 

My assumption of murder is based Alex hating Joe, and there being a payout from Joe Ryan's death.  There was some kind of lump sum payout for Tylee and also Social Security continuing payments for Tylee as the child of a deceased parent.  Both of these funds would have been at Lori's discretion as Tylee's parent. 

• Upvote 5

Is anyone live tweeting Chad's trial? 

I am listening to the Hidden True Crime stream of what is coming out of court. The audio is very good, apparently much better than last week. Some wild stuff so far:

Chad is sitting in the car after being detained when he attempted to leave the search scene. His daughter comes up and they have this bizarre conversation where he tells her where the money is and passwords for his bank accounts. She seems totally unfazed about having been told that they found human remains in the backyard, and by his order to continue putting money into Lori's commissary account. I guess it's true: "I had the right to remain silent but  I didn't have the ability." It is weirdly like the fixation Kevin Franke has on money in the initial police interview after being told that two of his children were in the hospital after being abused.

Live updates on the East Idaho News website:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2024/04/live-updates-bombshell-jail-phone-call-played-on-day-3-of-chad-daybell-trial/

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1