IGNORED

Trace Bates 3

samurai_sarah

When he gets to the point where he's like "I make the decisions but my parents told us I should listen to Lydia"  

Oh boy. Its like a foreign language to me.  

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

11 hours ago, EmiSue said:

I mean, I clearly adore Julie Andrews (and Lucille Ball in roughly equal measure), and I joked as a teen that I wanted twin girls named Julie and Lucy. My daughter isn't named either of those things, but even if she were, her name would be a hell of a lot better than Ryker Cruise!

Both lovely names, even though you didn't use them. 

Maybe plant the seeds in your girls heads for future grand baby names mwahhhaaahhhh insert evil laugh here lol (usual add on that no person should be expected to reproduce to give parents grand children..)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Lydia posted that she had her 34 week ultrasound and Ryker still isn’t growing at a rate the doctors would like to see. She said he is healthy, but he is going to be born early. I’m not sure if this means he’ll be induced or she’s having a c-section. Of course more information will be forthcoming on YouTube.

• Upvote 1

This doesn’t surprise me. This has been an issue for awhile now. If that is the case, doctors normally induce early. But if she is induced and doesn’t progress, she will probably end up with a c section. 

• Upvote 1

I work in the field - typically for small babes/IUGR (not sure if she’s been diagnosed with that?), induction is usually the preferred mode of delivery. But often these babes don’t tolerate labour well and end up in c-section. Hopefully all goes smoothly for them, though. I wonder how early she’ll deliver. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, Keys said:

I work in the field - typically for small babes/IUGR (not sure if she’s been diagnosed with that?)

It sounds exactly like IUGR. I had that with one of mine. 

• Love 5

What is IUGR and why would it happen and what would it indicate? Thanks!

I just googled this. How scary. Is this true? (I know a lot of you are experts in the field)

UGR babies often die at or soon after birth, with a death rate 5-20 times higher than normally grown infants. Much of this is due to death in the womb, suffocation during birth, and the presence of birth defects. Many infants who were growth-restricted never do catch up, perhaps one in every three.

*I am no expert. So feel free to correct me.

Sarah Reith also had IUGR with her first. Her daughter survived but spent awhile in the NICU.  She’s still very small for her age but I suspect a genetic issue. I’m not going to diagnose Sarah’s daughter online but I think it is obvious she’s much smaller than average. However there isn’t just one single reason a baby has IUGR. There are multiple possibilities. And some catch up and grow up to be completely average size. I think each situation is different. 

• Upvote 1

Also since they arbitrarily use 10% some people are just going to be small their whole lives and will fit the criteria.  My daughter is an example.  She was small in utero, small as an infant, small as a child,  and is a small adult.  Sounds like a problem?  She's larger than I am and larger than one grandmother and one great-grandmother.  She was simply going to be under the 10th percentile due to family genetics.   I don't think there was ever IUGR going on or if it was it was only a minor issue. 

• Upvote 7

I actually watched the video, which I normally don't do. I find it hard to watch them and much like Tiff & Lawson, I don't get their 'connection.' I also find Lydia very awkward when she's on camera, like she's searching for words to say, definitely not at ease while filming.

They don't seem worried and maybe it's just the way they're expressing it, but, it definitely sounds worrying, at least to me!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sarah Reith also had IUGR with her first. Her daughter survived but spent awhile in the NICU.  She’s still very small for her age but I suspect a genetic issue. I’m not going to diagnose Sarah’s daughter online but I think it is obvious she’s much smaller than average.

I'm nowhere near a doctor, but she looks like she has Silver Russell Syndrome.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I'm nowhere near a doctor, but she looks like she has Silver Russell Syndrome.

I believe it’s called Russell-Silver Syndrome. It’s the other way around. 

ETA: I’ve always called it Russell-Silver but I think some also call it Silver Russell. It might be a European/US difference. I know I’ve read both Down Syndrome and Downs Syndrome are used based on where you are in the world. So maybe it’s a regional thing. 

Figured it out. It is a US thing!

E57D7D90-A183-4FF6-A83C-3830D7AE8F49.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

What is IUGR and why would it happen and what would it indicate? Thanks!

Mine was due to primary hypertension and pre-eclampsia. Basically, my personal high blood pressure strained the flow through the umbilical cord to the baby from the placenta. I spent 3 months laying on my left side to help the blood flow until he stopped growing and we had to decide to deliver. It was a repeat pre-eclampsia induced c section (no option for VBAC). He was undersized for about 3 years and now it is one of the biggest kids in his class. He is older elementary aged. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 7

SGA (small for gestational age), and IUGR are different entities - in IUGR, we typically see asymmetric growth (baby’s belly will typically slow growth down first, but length of legs and size of head will be normal, for instance). And there are often other signs of placental insufficiency, which we can look for in things like the umbilical dopplers. As I said above, these babes sometimes don’t tolerate labour very well because they’re weaker from the IUGR, and often need to be delivered early due to risks:benefits of continuing the pregnancy and the risks associated with that, vs getting babe out. It is typically an issue with the placenta that causes it - the way that it implants, the way mom’s body reacts to it, etc. So often we can see other issues caused by placenta in conjunction, like preeclampsia. Hope that all makes sense!

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 8

I dunno, maybe it's me? You're 34 weeks pregnant, your child is failing to grow in utero and you will be induced at 38 weeks. Yet here you are announcing on SM that you're packing to go on a final girls trip (one of countless since announcing) before birth to Arizona?

Seriously, you're flying in your 3rd trimester with a failing to thrive pregnancy? Is it me?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c1d3f4976bb7335350ad1af10b019f49.png

ETA: Josie and the two girls are on the trip with her!

Spoiler

image.png.5310d9f53125c2f12c23c71222ebdf1e.png

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 4

Also, why the hell would they visit Arizona in August?

I'm assuming that they're not going to northern AZ since that's not really their vibe. Tucson and Phoenix are miserably hot right now. The girls won't be able to play outside since they aren't acclimated. Lydia is super pregnant. I can only guess that since it's slow season in central/southern AZ they got cheap flights and a deal on a place to stay.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Smoochie said:

I dunno, maybe it's me? You're 34 weeks pregnant, your child is failing to grow in utero and you will be induced at 38 weeks. Yet here you are announcing on SM that you're packing to go on a final girls trip (one of countless since announcing) before birth to Arizona?

Seriously, you're flying in your 3rd trimester with a failing to thrive pregnancy? Is it me?

Hide contents

Hide contents

No, it’s not just you. I most definitely wouldn’t do this and would advise people against it (even IUGR aside, just considering her gestation)

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, Smoochie said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

Also, why the hell would they visit Arizona in August?

I'm assuming that they're not going to northern AZ since that's not really their vibe. Tucson and Phoenix are miserably hot right now. The girls won't be able to play outside since they aren't acclimated. Lydia is super pregnant. I can only guess that since it's slow season in central/southern AZ they got cheap flights and a deal on a place to stay.

& why the hell would they visit Arizona as the state gears up to deal w/ the loss of power, flash floods, & delayed/canceled flights as whatever is left of Hillary rolls on through https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-weather/2023/08/18/hurricane-hilary-rain-storm-updates-arizona/70623192007/.

• Upvote 6

😂 I just declined a 2 day trip 4 hours away at the same gestation as Lydia. I couldn't imagine even going to my in-laws 2 hours away right now... if for no other reason than the travel would be highly uncomfortable 

• Upvote 9

32 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

😂 I just declined a 2 day trip 4 hours away at the same gestation as Lydia. I couldn't imagine even going to my in-laws 2 hours away right now... if for no other reason than the travel would be highly uncomfortable 

I remember that about pregnancy. You couldn’t just sit in one spot for a long period of time. In the car you are stuck. Unless you want to stop every 45 minutes to get out and walk around. And pee I guess! Just driving long distances while heavily pregnant sucks. But these fundies are all younger than I was when pregnant. So maybe that’s part of it. 

• Upvote 2

I dunno. Lydia said she was getting bigger and more uncomfortable. She flew to fucking Arizona! That had to hurt.

• Upvote 2

Sitting here in Texas right now as we face this heat, I can't imagine choosing to go to Arizona right now on a girl's trip 34 weeks pregnant, and bringing two toddlers with me.  Why did they do that? Its so risky. My hope is that her baby is just fine--just naturally small--but they are talking early induction and possible issues and she's traveling? 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Sitting here in Texas right now as we face this heat, I can't imagine choosing to go to Arizona right now on a girl's trip 34 weeks pregnant, and bringing two toddlers with me.  Why did they do that? Its so risky. My hope is that her baby is just fine--just naturally small--but they are talking early induction and possible issues and she's traveling? 

From what an OBGYN has posted regarding these babies, early induction is common. They seem to want to induce Lydia at 38 weeks. 

• Upvote 1

I think if your baby was having growth issues, you’d stay home, off of your feet and try to consume healthy foods and just reserve your energy and calories for your baby’s growth. These people are so uneducated. Really it’s a miracle nothing tragic has happened to one of them or their children to date.

• Upvote 10

They’re all back home now. I bet they had a lot of non-refundable expenses and decided to trust god that nothing bad would happen. Lydia got a maternity photo shoot out of the trip with beautiful scenery. They probably spent most of their time inside the rental house.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic