IGNORED

Trace Bates 3

samurai_sarah

Currently pregnant with my first and she did not want to cooperate at the anatomy scan. In fact, when the nurse tried to nudge her to face us she turnt the other way 😂 I’ll be going back soon to try and and finish what they started. 

• Love 4

15 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

My son was really laid back. I was in hospital, feeling awful, had to get IV antibiotics and go into an MRT. They kept monitoring him to be able to go for a c section in case his vitals dropped, but he was doing just fine, unfazed by everything happening, and was completely relaxed in there. 😁 He did turn out pretty resilient, he does so well adapting to different situations and doesn’t mind loud noises, thunder etc. So yeah, I guess I could say his personality already showed before he was born. But then again, I may be biased and imagining things. And obviously a 3D ultrasound cannot show any “personality” whatsoever.

I find it odd Lydia seemed so casual about their baby being too small and not growing properly. I would have freaked out.

My kiddo measured small (as a fetus) and I freaked out but the Dr kept reassuring us that the measurements aren't very accurate and we should just keep getting more measurements. Kiddo went from maybe 6th to 25th. The ultrasounds can be off by about a pound! So perhaps Lydia processed this better than I did.

My kid is now almost 2 and a bit skinny but totally fine. In retrospect, that was not worth the anxiety!

Just now, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

My kiddo measured small (as a fetus) and I freaked out but the Dr kept reassuring us that the measurements aren't very accurate and we should just keep getting more measurements. Kiddo went from maybe 6th to 25th. The ultrasounds can be off by about a pound! So perhaps Lydia processed this better than I did.

My kid is now almost 2 and a bit skinny but totally fine. In retrospect, that was not worth the anxiety!

Oh yeah, I completely agree, measurements can be off and it’s better not to freak out when there’s only a suspicion of something wrong, but many (especially first time) parents will do it anyway. I remember I was worried throughout the pregnancy even when there wasn’t any indication of anything being wrong. But I guess I am more anxious than the average parent.

This week's video~ Ryker has dropped from 13th or 30th (couldn't tell what she said) to the 6th percentile. They go back in 2 weeks and they are concerned. "Keep them in your prayers". She did the glucose test. 

• Upvote 2

Pregnancy can be a worrying time, particularly for first-time mothers, so I’m glad they’re getting proper care. Hopefully the baby is OK. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

In today's video they said the baby is now in the 9th percentile vs. the 6th, so that's good.  There was also mention of a concern that the umbilical cord might be too close to the edge of the placenta (whatever that implies).  He's active and appears healthy.  Monitoring will continue.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I’m glad the baby seems to be doing ok and they are getting a good level of care but the Clickbaity YouTube videos with clips of them looking all concerned sat in the car are really grinding me the wrong way. Monetising on a potentially poorly baby before he’s even born just seems so wrong 😞

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

Warning. This post might be a bit BIC, I admit it.

On Lydia's Insta, she showed how they transformed a Little Tikes car into a trendy surfer car. Hey! It looks fine. I like the blue they chose. At least it isn't a mix of sad beige, off-white and Terra-cotta.

Spoiler

Capturedcran2023-07-30230142.thumb.png.7c405b2fbc5694f7835555b15e6952f8.png

I just wonder if people know that it's good for babies to have more colorful toys. There's a reason why they are attracted to brighter things in general. Highly saturated and contrasting colors send the strongest signals to a baby's brain to help stimulate brain growth and aid their visual development. Adding brighter, primary colors in their toys can be good for their development.

Tons of people online do these sort of custom, in order for the toys to fit a certain aesthetic. So it is kind of hard to blame Trace and Lydia. Not to mention that it isn't the worst thing they can do to their child. I'm just not a fan of the trend in general. 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Lydia’s transformation of the Cozy Coupe was 99% about a photo prop for her baby shower and 1% about a toy for her baby. Trace and Lydia want to be influencers so much and I do appreciate Lydia’s style, but damn, they are super boring to listen to. And Trace needs a real job. I doubt he does any construction for anyone else besides family. Zach and Lawson rely on their wives’ business/personal wealth and Nathan has his pilot and MedicCorps crap. Trace needs to step up because just being influencers won’t cut it for these two.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

19 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Lydia’s transformation of the Cozy Coupe was 99% about a photo prop for her baby shower and 1% about a toy for her baby. Trace and Lydia want to be influencers so much and I do appreciate Lydia’s style, but damn, they are super boring to listen to. And Trace needs a real job. I doubt he does any construction for anyone else besides family. Zach and Lawson rely on their wives’ business/personal wealth and Nathan has his pilot and MedicCorps crap. Trace needs to step up because just being influencers won’t cut it for these two.

Trace was,a bit player on BUB. I can't imagine them having enough followers to make influencing their primary money maker. 

• Upvote 1

I can understand being crafty. That can be fun. Lydia probably enjoyed painting the car. But she won’t have any time for that when she has a few kids and her husband off playing white savior.

• Upvote 1

Is it not bad for the baby who is probably going to lick/slobber all over spray paint?

genuinely asking. I don’t have kids. 

On 7/31/2023 at 2:28 PM, Berty K said:

Is it not bad for the baby who is probably going to lick/slobber all over spray paint?

genuinely asking. I don’t have kids. 

By the time my daughter was old enough for her little carriage - and she still isn't able to push it herself at 2.5 - she was past the licking most things stage.  The only thing other than occasionally her toys she likes to lick is the freaking shopping cart handle at the grocery store.  As if we don't have enough sick days just from daycare alone!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Remember the Bates modesty fashion standards of frumpers and covered shoulders? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

image.png.bff0abdb619309e37e6075d9730e8cd3.png

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5

I was always so relieved that my kids got over putting things in their mouths pretty early in their lives. Too many bad tasting things I guess. I guess they learned early! 

On 7/31/2023 at 5:24 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can understand being crafty. That can be fun. Lydia probably enjoyed painting the car. But she won’t have any time for that when she has a few kids and her husband off playing white savior.

Lydia loves white and has a near obsession with things being clean. I am wondering how this is going to work for her as a mom. I used to be the girl with the white comforter and colorful pillows on my bed. That ended when I brought my kids home. My oldest jokes that she will buy me a white comforter when I am ready for the nursing home.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Lydia loves white and has a near obsession with things being clean. I am wondering how this is going to work for her as a mom. I used to be the girl with the white comforter and colorful pillows on my bed. That ended when I brought my kids home. My oldest jokes that she will buy me a white comforter when I am ready for the nursing home.

I’m a clumsy person so I very rarely buy anything white. But once I had kids, I realized even light gray wasn’t going to happen 😂 My youngest is so messy. I’ve called him PigPen since he was tiny. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m a clumsy person so I very rarely buy anything white. But once I had kids, I realized even light gray wasn’t going to happen 😂 My youngest is so messy. I’ve called him PigPen since he was tiny. 

We have orange with navy and dark grey. White rooms freak us out. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Our middle daughter was like that. Skipping daily baths with her was not an option. 😂 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Our middle daughter was like that. Skipping daily baths with her was not an option. 😂 

There’s a guy that does shorts on tiktok and instagram named TJ Therrian. They are about the personalities of the stereotypical oldest, middle, and youngest kids. It sounds like your middle child fits his stereotypical middle child perfectly. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s a guy that does shorts on tiktok and instagram named TJ Therrian. They are about the personalities of the stereotypical oldest, middle, and youngest kids. It sounds like your middle child fits his stereotypical middle child perfectly. 

Yes I follow him on instagram. Fits my three exactly. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

Yes I follow him on instagram. Fits my three exactly. 

It fits my oldest because I’m constantly saying to him, “you aren’t the dad of your brother.” And then my youngest is a mix of the middle and youngest. He’s a total pigpen who expects me to do everything for him. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2023 at 12:25 AM, JDuggs said:

Lydia’s transformation of the Cozy Coupe was 99% about a photo prop for her baby shower and 1% about a toy for her baby. 

It's actually a "thing". There's an entire facebook group dedicated to transforming play kitchens and toy makeovers. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic