IGNORED

Trace Bates 3

samurai_sarah

10 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Chloé is pretty common where I live but I haven’t seen Khloé. I actually like the eh ending sound better than the ey ending sound. Does the family say it as “ Khloé”? 
My daughter has two Chloés in her dance class and my colleague named her kid Zoé. Of course , I live in a city with a large French Canadian community which makes a difference. My daughter has a standard French Canadian name which her daycare director insisted on Anglicizing and refuses to use her correct name (not her name but think Lisette being changed to Lisa).

I think they say it with the “ey” ending sound. I wonder if Whitney has French heritage? 

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The argument was that the Bates names were mainstream. They aren’t for multiple reasons. 3 names aren’t even on the top 1,000. The nicknames Carson and Kade are definitely not mainstream nicknames for Charles or “the fourth.” They have chosen some spellings that are less common than the usual spellings. This all points to them not being mainstream. If you don’t agree. Then I guess that’s your choice 🤷🏻‍♀️

The Duggar names Mackynzie, Spurgeon, Fern, Maryella and Brynley aren’t in the top 1000, so according to that criteria, the Duggars don’t have a mainstream naming pattern either. However, Mackynzie, Maryella and Brynley are just basically alternate spellings of top 1000 names, Spurgeon is an uncommon surname and Fern was a more popular choice 100 years ago.

The nickname issue for Carson and Kade is a straw man argument. No one contended that those are typical nicknames for Charles and “the fourth” but they are mainstream names on their own.

I think “mainstream” is a tough word to categorize names by. It might be easier to categorize them as traditional or trendy. I personally like some trendy names, like Truett, and dislike other ones, like Ryker.

• Move Along 1
  • I Agree 1

Cambree and Zade are unusual but the rest of the Bates grandkids names are definitely trendy.  

Alternative spellings make tracking names harder, but it's still the same name and I think it should be viewed as such. And is Carson necessarily a common nickname for Charles? No, but is popular on it's own. It was 110 in the US in 2022. 

Erin likes names that are becoming trendy. Not too 10, but popular. I am really curious what she would name a boy that wasn't a 4th. I think if baby Paine is a boy, she'll pick another -son name. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

When my youngest son was born in 1998, I was excited to go to babycenter.com and search for two syllable names ending in n, reading all the meanings and origins, narrowing it to about 20, printing it out and sharing with the hubs and siblings for some vetting. 

His name is a bit unusual, we've all only met one other with it, I think. But it is common enough sounding, with a nice strong meaning. Like, for real. 

I don't know what my point is, I feel old. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Lydia is back at the beach for her sister's birthday. What is this? 4th time since April? Why doesn't she just move to Destin at this point?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Lydia is back at the beach for her sister's birthday. What is this? 4th time since April? Why doesn't she just move to Destin at this point?

She split her time between Design and Orlando 😂 but yes this is her 4ty trip since March. Two trips to Destin (this one and her birthday trip), two trips to Orlando (Jackson's engagement and the couple's trip)

• Upvote 1

I finally watched the name reveal and I found the six names they teased interesting:

- Crew

- Knox 

- Brooks

- Beck 

- Ryker 

- Flynn

I basically hate them all. They both seemed to really like Knox, so I could see them using that next time. 

Lydia also commented that boys names are easier because there are so many nieces. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

12 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

She split her time between Design and Orlando 😂 but yes this is her 4ty trip since March. Two trips to Destin (this one and her birthday trip), two trips to Orlando (Jackson's engagement and the couple's trip)

She is currently in South Carolina not Florida 😂 she is broadening ehr breach horizons. 

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 7:01 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I finally watched the name reveal and I found the six names they teased interesting:

- Crew

- Knox 

- Brooks

- Beck 

- Ryker 

- Flynn

I basically hate them all. They both seemed to really like Knox, so I could see them using that next time. 

Lydia also commented that boys names are easier because there are so many nieces. 

Those seem like two different categories of names - a preppy group and a tryndie group. I actually like Beck, Brooks, and Flynn. Dislike the others. But I guess they all kind of fall under surname names?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trace and Lydia are in Florida *again*. They didn't explicitly say it but Lydia's stories were clearly taken at Alyssa's house. I wonder if Trace is Jackson's best man and that is why they are spending so much time in Florida? 

• 2 weeks later...

In Lydia’s stories today, she talked about how Ryker has been measuring small and his size percentage is going down, so they’re kind of concerned and will have additional testing. She also showed the invitations to her baby shower and a photo prop that they made. It comes off a little weird that it looks like she’s throwing her own baby shower. I think she wants things “just so” and realizes no one else will do it exactly how she wants it.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

In Lydia’s stories today, she talked about how Ryker has been measuring small and his size percentage is going down, so they’re kind of concerned and will have additional testing. She also showed the invitations to her baby shower and a photo prop that they made. It comes off a little weird that it looks like she’s throwing her own baby shower. I think she wants things “just so” and realizes no one else will do it exactly how she wants it.

This was me. My bff threw my shower but I planned it. She is not a planner and I am picky 😂

• Upvote 3

On 5/26/2023 at 7:44 PM, backyard sylph said:

When my youngest son was born in 1998, I was excited to go to babycenter.com and search for two syllable names ending in n, reading all the meanings and origins, narrowing it to about 20, printing it out and sharing with the hubs and siblings for some vetting. 

His name is a bit unusual, we've all only met one other with it, I think. But it is common enough sounding, with a nice strong meaning. Like, for real. 

I don't know what my point is, I feel old. 

I'll guess you didn't pick Aidan, Brayden, Kayden, Jaden etc.!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

She posted that they went to have a 3D/4D ultrasound to get some cute photo's of him and they could see, and I quote, his personality. Ummm, what?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

Ooh, my baby's pregnancy-era personality was putting her feet in her mouth.  Anyone else?

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Ooh, my baby's pregnancy-era personality was putting her feet in her mouth.  Anyone else?

My son's was sucking his thumb. He's 8-1/2 and we're still trying to break him of this, so maybe Lydia's on to something...

• Upvote 1

My older son kept his hands in front of his face during ultrasounds which annoyed me greatly. I just wanted to see his face. He still loves to annoy my 10 years later. 

• Upvote 1

My girl did the exact opposite of what the resident needed her to; trying to measure her length? She curled up in a ball. Trying to see her spine, she flipped to face us. It took over an hour to get basic measurements. She is still very strong willed. Her personality has been “I’ll do it my way” since conception lol. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

My oldest and youngest were movers during pregnancy. They kicked and rolled, they wiggled during their ultrasounds and made it difficult for the tech (my oldest refused to show his bits). They had high drama births. 

And they are both dramatic, energetic children who live according to their own rules 😂. They started out as they meant to go. 

My middle child? He was placid in the womb, co-operative at ultrasounds and had a nice, calm birth. He is a gentle, old soul. Quiet, calm, and a rules follower. 

So I do think that in some ways personality starts in utero. 

• Upvote 3

Both of mine were nocturnal in the womb. They continue to keep me up at night now they’re earth side too 🫠

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

My son was really laid back. I was in hospital, feeling awful, had to get IV antibiotics and go into an MRT. They kept monitoring him to be able to go for a c section in case his vitals dropped, but he was doing just fine, unfazed by everything happening, and was completely relaxed in there. 😁 He did turn out pretty resilient, he does so well adapting to different situations and doesn’t mind loud noises, thunder etc. So yeah, I guess I could say his personality already showed before he was born. But then again, I may be biased and imagining things. And obviously a 3D ultrasound cannot show any “personality” whatsoever.

I find it odd Lydia seemed so casual about their baby being too small and not growing properly. I would have freaked out.

• Upvote 1

Just watched their last video and my heart hurt for Jane when she told trace that papa Bill can't remember who he is 😣 I didn't know his situation was that bad. 

• Sad 4

7 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

My girl did the exact opposite of what the resident needed her to; trying to measure her length? She curled up in a ball. Trying to see her spine, she flipped to face us. It took over an hour to get basic measurements. She is still very strong willed. Her personality has been “I’ll do it my way” since conception lol. 

Same with one of mine! There is a common hereditary gene defect they were trying to look for as we have it in the family. After over an hour the closest we came to knowing if the baby had it was “maybe?” and I don’t think we got a face picture.
The poor tech was only halfway through her training and couldn’t jump to what was currently being presented instead of what was next on the checklist. Like just check the hands while the baby was covering its face instead of trying to do the head things right then. Generally my most compliant kid, though incredibly contrary if in a funky mood. 

30 minutes ago, Dbm said:

Just watched their last video and my heart hurt for Jane when she told trace that papa Bill can't remember who he is 😣 I didn't know his situation was that bad. 

Bill is 85. Unfortunately memory issues are not uncommon at his age. I feel really bad for Janie too. They have been married 59 years. 

• Sad 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic