IGNORED

Erin and Chad 10: Will they homeschool?

samurai_sarah

It’s funny because there are so many Charlies in my children’s school. It’s pretty popular as a nickname these days. I am sort of surprised they didn’t just call him Charlie since dad is Chad and grandpa is Stephen. 

• Upvote 1

The origins of Erin’s kids’ names seem to be either places (Brooklyn, Holland) or surnames (Carson, Everly, Finley) or could be both. I don’t think Charlie would fit. This is making me rethink my choice for Boy #2.

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

The origins of Erin’s kids’ names seem to be either places (Brooklyn, Holland) or surnames (Carson, Everly, Finley) or could be both. I don’t think Charlie would fit. This is making me rethink my choice for Boy #2.

As to Erin knowing this: Probably yes on the place names. But as narrow as her educational background and sphere of people is, she might not even know Everly and Finley are last names. So what we think is a theme, might not be.

• Upvote 6

On 6/23/2023 at 12:41 PM, GreenBeans said:

I think it’s just odd because “Carson” was never intended to be used as a nickname. It IS his first name, yet it’s not  what he’s called officially. It’s not a nickname that evolved, it’s not a nickname used interchangeably with his real first name, it’s the ONLY name ever used. Most children with a nickname will answer with their official name when asked by someone they don’t know or in a more “formal” setting. Carson may not even know that his actual name is Charles. And yes, I do find that odd.

My children all use short forms of their names exclusively. Even at school that is what they use, even on paper work. My daughter has a nickname that starts with another letter than her real name (like Peggy got Margaret) and her school ID is p-lastbame not m-lastname. 

My father was named after my grandfather. My father used a short form of his name exclusively from the time he was a small child. No one ever called him his legal name. 

Making a kid a IV and going a nickname isn't that unusual. 

• I Agree 2

On 6/24/2023 at 7:02 PM, JDuggs said:

All of the names are also places. I was thinking it had been confirmed to be the name theme for Erin and Chad. 

I had a coworker whose FIL was Ronald, husband went by Ron, and oldest son went by Ronnie. I can only imagine the IV nickname…RJ for Ronald James?

I agree that Carson will quickly learn that having a brother is not as fun (for a long while) as it’s being made out to be. At least he can play with his sisters and cousins.

58 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

I had a coworker whose FIL was Ronald, husband went by Ron, and oldest son went by Ronnie. I can only imagine the IV nickname…RJ for Ronald James?

I agree that Carson will quickly learn that having a brother is not as fun (for a long while) as it’s being made out to be. At least he can play with his sisters and cousins.

Since it’s so common to name after fathers, there are a lot of nicknames. Like Junior, Trip, Trey, etc.

On 6/24/2023 at 7:29 PM, IrishCarrie said:

I'm a female working in a very macho, male environment and about six months ago I pushed back against the guys when they were moaning about transgender being a bullshit concept and how "they're all only looking for attention"... :angry-banghead:

Apparently because I spoke in defence of the transgender community, I must be transgender.:confusion-confused:

I've been called Peter in work for the last six months. 

we ride at dawn, what a bunch of wankers, ill come help you put salt in their coffee and report them to HR

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

we ride at dawn, what a bunch of wankers, ill come help you put salt in their coffee and report them to HR

Thanks friend, I appreciate you and I might call on you in other circumstances, but the Peter thing is actually doing a better job of winding them up than I ever could so I kinda love it🤣 🤣

From the very start I just answered to Peter, smiled and got on with my day, leaving them with nothing but to stare at me, looking frustrated. HOW CAN I STAND BEING MISGENDERED LIKE THAT?!?!?! sort of vibe from them. Answer: I don't care. There's nothing wrong with being transgender and hey, you guys picked a nice name for me so cheers for that. Although as an Irish speaker I'd prefer the Irish for Peter, which is Peader; would that work for you guys? I signed a few emails Peader, just for sport.

At this stage the vast majority of them have dropped it (presumably because they could see it genuinely didn't bother me in the least...) - there are only a few that are still using it and even they're tapering off.

And on the HR front - the guy in charge of that came to me early on in this process (pale and sweating when he realised what was happening 🤣) and asked did I want to speak to him. I said I'd get back to him.

I've also started a few more conversations on trans issues in the interim, just chitchat about how the transition process works and the prejudice people experience. The boys have listened sullenly and changed the subject as soon as was feasible so I suspect HR did have a word...

:wink-kitty:

• Upvote 11
  • Love 12

1 hour ago, IrishCarrie said:

Thanks friend, I appreciate you and I might call on you in other circumstances, but the Peter thing is actually doing a better job of winding them up than I ever could so I kinda love it🤣 🤣

From the very start I just answered to Peter, smiled and got on with my day, leaving them with nothing but to stare at me, looking frustrated. HOW CAN I STAND BEING MISGENDERED LIKE THAT?!?!?! sort of vibe from them. Answer: I don't care. There's nothing wrong with being transgender and hey, you guys picked a nice name for me so cheers for that. Although as an Irish speaker I'd prefer the Irish for Peter, which is Peader; would that work for you guys? I signed a few emails Peader, just for sport.

At this stage the vast majority of them have dropped it (presumably because they could see it genuinely didn't bother me in the least...) - there are only a few that are still using it and even they're tapering off.

And on the HR front - the guy in charge of that came to me early on in this process (pale and sweating when he realised what was happening 🤣) and asked did I want to speak to him. I said I'd get back to him.

I've also started a few more conversations on trans issues in the interim, just chitchat about how the transition process works and the prejudice people experience. The boys have listened sullenly and changed the subject as soon as was feasible so I suspect HR did have a word...

Legend. Changing the world one small push back at a time. Go you. They are still wankers though but at least they are put in their place wankers now. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

No no.... not Salt.... a Laxative is what you want .... then go and Lock the Bathrooms.... 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

12 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

You are a hero, and I'll proudly join your posse.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

No no.... not Salt.... a Laxative is what you want .... then go and Lock the Bathrooms.... 

Or lock just the mens toilets. They couldn’t possibly use the women’s ones and get confused for being trans :angelic-cyan:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

Actually, what you want is a large bowl filled with a type of sugar free gummy bears which have a laxative effect. One of my kids took some to school camp and set them out for everyone to “share” ( my child didn’t eat any) but many of the children were greedy and then spent hours on the lavatory!  

• Downvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 3

Just watched Erin’s YouTube channel fish cooking video. I was struck by her using butter for this meal. I know she’s come a long way from can assembly “cooking,” but I wonder if she’s never used olive oil? Thinks it’s an exotic ingredient? She could just drizzle olive oil straight onto the asparagus on the roasting pan and pop it in the oven, no ziplock bags required. Olive oil just seems to be a much more natural fit for broiled fish and roasted asparagus than butter does. Also, yay for using real lemons, but garlic powder and onion powder struck me as holdover ingredients from some Kelly Jo recipes. Also curious why they put the kids at the counter while Chad ate standing up instead of sitting at their kitchen table. Maybe they’ll answer some of these things in their next q&a ;)

• I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

IMG_2085.jpeg

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
Trying to hide picture behind spoiler; I’m a geriatric millennial, I don’t know what I’m doing
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

That didn't age well. It still looks like the bedroom of a 5 year old. 

Why the dead flowers. It's giving me a real Miss Haversham vibe. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

I remember it was ridiculed pretty hard even when she first posted pics of it. It looks like she threw up pepto bismol all over it. 

• Haha 1

I honestly don’t judge Erin for this bedroom. Style evolves and she definitely matured during the last couple of years. So her, after a childhood without many choices and being crammed into a bedroom with far too many other sisters, wanted to fulfill her dream of a girly, princess-y room just to her liking. So what? Any decent husband who knows about (and critically reflects on) the difficult, cultish upbringing of his spouse should go along with it, at least for a while. Erin clearly got the obsession with pink out of her system. I just wish she’d also get over the indoctrination, but so far, this hasn’t been the case. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

I do absolutely understand her need for something individual and more to her taste after growing up in a warren, but does she learn from it? Does she stop to think: Oh, I never had my choice of bedroom, because there were so many of us. I want to do thing differently... NO. She does exactly the same and crams far too many kids into to small space! 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9

I painted my bedroom neon pink when I was a tween. I swear I was sick of it by the time a year had passed. 

Erin got to choose her own insanely pink room as a married adult because she couldn’t choose it as a child. And she does the exact same thing to her own children. All the way down to choosing which colored pencils Carson could use for a drawing that would go on his own bedroom wall. What the actual fuck? She’s learned nothing from her own experiences. 

• Upvote 14

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

Erin was doing Barbiecore before it was Cool

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 17

8 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

I do absolutely understand her need for something individual and more to her taste after growing up in a warren, but does she learn from it? Does she stop to think: Oh, I never had my choice of bedroom, because there were so many of us. I want to do thing differently... NO. She does exactly the same and crams far too many kids into to small space! 

I guess she figures the kids can grow up and be individuals with their own pink bedrooms when they marry, like she did. Of course the danger in doing better for their kids is she’ll start to realize how bad it was and deconstruct. 

I complain about my parents a lot and it’s warranted. But one thing they did well was allowing us to decorate our space. As a 5 year old I had pretty pink wallpaper and Little Mermaid blankets and sheets. As an older kid I picked out pretty Victorian-esque wallpaper (I was a weird kid) and was allowed a hand in decorating my space. 

• Upvote 2

It’s really too bad when fundies just do the exact same things as their parents. Even if it was not good for them as children. I assume that it’s part of human nature to want to give your kids a better life than yourself. My parents weren’t horrible or anything. But I parent very differently from them. In hopes that it’s better. I know my own parents parented differently from their parents because they’ve admitted it openly. It’s how our culture evolves. Erin really hasn’t evolved much past her teen years. It’s sad and infuriating at the same time. 

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic