IGNORED

Trump 59: The Walls Are Closing In, So Naturally He's Running Another Grifting Scheme

GreyhoundFan

9 hours ago, Xan said:

It's not enough that people like him.  They have to love him.

The part about retribution sounds ominous.  Of course, threatening is what bullies do.

I think he sounds like a third grade bully who, on some level, knows full well that he's a losing loser who lost...but his damaged ego is doing the driving and his imbecile followers are enabling it.

We've never heard from any of his teachers, have we?  I pity them all.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think he sounds like a third grade bully who, on some level, knows full well that he's a losing loser who lost...but his damaged ego is doing the driving and his imbecile followers are enabling it.

We've never heard from any of his teachers, have we?  I pity them all.

He probably threatened them with lawsuits if they spoke out and made them sign confidentiality agreements before he dabbled in politics. Plus at his age, many of his teachers would be deceased.

• Upvote 10

I’m sure his nannies are spiking his Diet Cokes with extra Xanax today:

• Upvote 6

Oh, joy. A bund meeting in Davenport. 

Former President Donald Trump is planning a campaign stop in Davenport on Monday, Mar. 13, 2023. According to a news release, he plans to deliver remarks on the “America First Education Policy”.

The campaign event will be held at the Adler Theater, 136 E. 3rd Street in downtown Davenport. Doors open at 3 p.m. and the program begins at 5:30 p.m. His remarks are scheduled to begin at 6:15 p.m.

I hope Adler had that fuck pay in advance. And I’m really glad to be upwind of Iowa at this point. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

He ranting over on Truth Social again.  I find this one particularly creepy:

20553204_Screenshot(12907).png.7447f7797beefbcf4212cae2135f109c.png

No, Donny.  They're just coming for you.  You wouldn't protect anyone else but yourself anyway.

And there's this.  He's telling his MAGA crowd that the DOJ believes in his absolute immunity.  It doesn't.  And all that stuff about authorizing 20,000 troops who were turned away by the mayor and Pelosi is just so much happy horseshit.  I think he's starting to sweat and that makes me insanely happy.

Spoiler

1112662133_Screenshot(12908).png.046537b1e92fbae361b9160f0092c54f.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 4

Donny might have gotten the memo today that people are tired of hearing him whine.  I think he'll be back to whining tomorrow but today it's all "great ratings!" and "America should return to greatness!"  

Spoiler

363136814_Screenshot(12926).png.6c72f7e6216147b72cb22347a9a77e9e.png611497237_Screenshot(12925).png.e9118878e73452849d1d727990bb99af.png

• Thank You 6

6 minutes ago, Xan said:

Donny might have gotten the memo today that people are tired of hearing him whine.  I think he'll be back to whining tomorrow but today it's all "great ratings!" and "America should return to greatness!"  

Hide contents

363136814_Screenshot(12926).png.6c72f7e6216147b72cb22347a9a77e9e.png611497237_Screenshot(12925).png.e9118878e73452849d1d727990bb99af.png

They should try that poll after more than one candidate is running against Trump.  I'd expect that 31% who would vote for a different candidate to become a much higher number if, say, DeSantis enters the ring.

• Upvote 6

Good grief:

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 2

Don't forget the flying cars, and rewards for having babies!

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/03/trump-policy-futuristic-cities-00085383

Trump’s plan, shared in advance with POLITICO, calls for holding a contest to design and create up to ten new “Freedom Cities,” built from the ground up on federal land. It proposes an investment in the development of vertical-takeoff-and-landing vehicles; the creation of “hives of industry” sparked by cutting off imports from China; and a population surge sparked by “baby bonuses” to encourage would-be-parents to get on with procreation.

Did he put in the dog-whistles that make it clear that, somehow, he'll make sure that only white people are allowed to live there if this fantasy ever happens, or is that just taken for granted at this point?

• Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Don't forget the flying cars, and rewards for having babies!

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/03/trump-policy-futuristic-cities-00085383

Did he put in the dog-whistles that make it clear that, somehow, he'll make sure that only white people are allowed to live there if this fantasy ever happens, or is that just taken for granted at this point?

Question: Aren't "flying cars" otherwise known as airplanes? Seriously.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, apple1 said:

Question: Aren't "flying cars" otherwise known as airplanes? Seriously.

More like helicopters, based on his vague description - vehicles that can rise straight up from where they're parked.

Y'know, like people have been tossing out as something we will see in the future since the 1920s. Like the Jetsons and Futurama.

The easiest, least likely to actually happen, ridiculous promise there is - very Trump.

• Upvote 10

Totally nuts. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Totally nuts. 

"They are confused and scared"

As Trump is prone to projection, this sounds about right. He's very confused about what the hell to do about Jack Smith's investigation and scared shitless of what will inevitably happen.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Good grief:

My immediate thought upon viewing this fantasy was Flagstaff, AZ in Stephen King's "The Stand". 

I'm sure whatever his idea of freedom is wouldn't stay in those cities for long, nor improve quality of life for the civilized living.  Also, why do I suspect that the bidding he refers to would end up directly benefitting him?

• Upvote 6

The revelations from the Dominion lawsuit are having their effects.

It’s Not Just Trump Who Has a ‘Soft Ban’ From Fox News. His Family Has Also Disappeared From the Air

Spoiler

The once cozy and symbiotic relationship between Fox News and former President Donald Trump is in a state of disrepair.

The top-rated network has slowly distanced itself from Trump over the years, an attempted break that began clumsily in the aftermath of the 2020 election when some at the network sought to push back on his stolen election fantasy — attempts that were overwhelmed by the loyalists at the network who shamelessly promoted it.

The relationship got considerably worse this week with the public release of the sworn testimony of Fox Corporation chairman Rupert Murdoch, who admitted that some on-air hosts endorsed the stolen election lie. Those comments from Murdoch have unleashed a steady stream of bile from the former president against Fox News.

He accused Fox News of “aiding & abetting the DESTRUCTION of America” and called for firing all Fox News anchors who correctly reported that his continuing stolen election claims are bullshit.

But there may be something else fueling Trump’s wrath.

The former president — and leading 2024 Republican candidate — has not appeared on Fox News since September, which has been described as a “soft ban” in reporting.

But a search of transcripts revealed it’s not just the former president who has been absent from the air at Fox. Trump family surrogates have not appeared on the network at all recently, even on the relatively unregulated prime time opinion shows.

His sons, Don Jr. and Eric Trump,have for years been regular guests on Fox News, both on news and opinion shows. And Lara Trump, who was once a paid contributor to the network until her ties to the Trump 2024 campaign, also ended that relationship.

Of course, Fox News cannot ice out a presidential candidate forever. Trump has been a fixture of Fox News programming for a decade. He still commands the fierce loyalty of many of  Fox’s millions of viewers. Polls show he is currently the strong favorite to be the Republican nominee for president in 2024.

So Trump will eventually return to the network at some point, but with whom will he sit down? Given the current reputational damage Fox News is facing for promoting Trump’s false claims of a stolen election, the network would be well served by the next interview coming from the news department: Bret Baier, John Roberts, or Bill Hemmer.

But does Trump really want to sit down and have to answer tough questions from a news anchor representing a network more eager than ever to show off its journalistic bonafides? A network that Trump has practically taunted into covering him in a negative light? It’s hard to envision that happening any time soon. If Trump opts instead for a prime-time ally? Well, that would reveal who has the upper hand between Trump and Fox News.

The former president is scheduled to speak at CPAC on Saturday at 5 p.m. Fox has almost entirely ignored CPAC this year, but taking his speech live could be a sign the network is trying to thaw tensions. To be honest, I expect Fox News to take Trump’s speech live, and I wouldn’t be surprised if, as a result, Trump returns the favor by avoiding attacks on the network.

Fox is still covering Trump. Having him and his family on air to promote his campaign — and its attacks on the network — is another thing altogether. I don’t expect to see Trump sit down with Fox News any time soon, but he will eventually return.

It’s up to Fox what kind of form that return will take.

• Thank You 6

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

The revelations from the Dominion lawsuit are having their effects.

It’s Not Just Trump Who Has a ‘Soft Ban’ From Fox News. His Family Has Also Disappeared From the Air

Hide contents

The once cozy and symbiotic relationship between Fox News and former President Donald Trump is in a state of disrepair.

The top-rated network has slowly distanced itself from Trump over the years, an attempted break that began clumsily in the aftermath of the 2020 election when some at the network sought to push back on his stolen election fantasy — attempts that were overwhelmed by the loyalists at the network who shamelessly promoted it.

The relationship got considerably worse this week with the public release of the sworn testimony of Fox Corporation chairman Rupert Murdoch, who admitted that some on-air hosts endorsed the stolen election lie. Those comments from Murdoch have unleashed a steady stream of bile from the former president against Fox News.

He accused Fox News of “aiding & abetting the DESTRUCTION of America” and called for firing all Fox News anchors who correctly reported that his continuing stolen election claims are bullshit.

But there may be something else fueling Trump’s wrath.

The former president — and leading 2024 Republican candidate — has not appeared on Fox News since September, which has been described as a “soft ban” in reporting.

But a search of transcripts revealed it’s not just the former president who has been absent from the air at Fox. Trump family surrogates have not appeared on the network at all recently, even on the relatively unregulated prime time opinion shows.

His sons, Don Jr. and Eric Trump,have for years been regular guests on Fox News, both on news and opinion shows. And Lara Trump, who was once a paid contributor to the network until her ties to the Trump 2024 campaign, also ended that relationship.

Of course, Fox News cannot ice out a presidential candidate forever. Trump has been a fixture of Fox News programming for a decade. He still commands the fierce loyalty of many of  Fox’s millions of viewers. Polls show he is currently the strong favorite to be the Republican nominee for president in 2024.

So Trump will eventually return to the network at some point, but with whom will he sit down? Given the current reputational damage Fox News is facing for promoting Trump’s false claims of a stolen election, the network would be well served by the next interview coming from the news department: Bret Baier, John Roberts, or Bill Hemmer.

But does Trump really want to sit down and have to answer tough questions from a news anchor representing a network more eager than ever to show off its journalistic bonafides? A network that Trump has practically taunted into covering him in a negative light? It’s hard to envision that happening any time soon. If Trump opts instead for a prime-time ally? Well, that would reveal who has the upper hand between Trump and Fox News.

The former president is scheduled to speak at CPAC on Saturday at 5 p.m. Fox has almost entirely ignored CPAC this year, but taking his speech live could be a sign the network is trying to thaw tensions. To be honest, I expect Fox News to take Trump’s speech live, and I wouldn’t be surprised if, as a result, Trump returns the favor by avoiding attacks on the network.

Fox is still covering Trump. Having him and his family on air to promote his campaign — and its attacks on the network — is another thing altogether. I don’t expect to see Trump sit down with Fox News any time soon, but he will eventually return.

It’s up to Fox what kind of form that return will take.

I would think Fox would do better (less badly) in court for the Dominion suit if they don't air more of "The Big Lie" - at least not without disclaimers and/or direct rebuttals.  Trump, meanwhile, needs reasonably mainstream coverage in order to win votes outside of his base.  It'll be interesting to see how they maneuver.

I suspect DeSantis may be able to give Trump a thorough public beat down.  He seems clever enough to maybe do it.  I know I'd enjoy being a spectator but I sure don't want DeSantis as the R candidate either.  

Hope the Dems can stay on their game.

• Upvote 9

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 10

Rupar put together a montage of some of the weirdest and most offensive stuff from Trump's speech:

• Thank You 6

Would there be an annual cap on the breeder bonus - say, for repeat rapists - or would they be entitled to $$s that they could use for their own defenses or to maybe fund a custody battle?  It's not as though the women would have an easy time getting an abortion.

If there are spaces open in those mental institutions he's claiming are being emptied out, I have a recommendation (actually, a few) for a long-term hold.

• Upvote 8

• Upvote 10

Fuck knob spouting off at the CPAC bund meeting

Former President Donald Trump said Saturday that he would not drop out of the 2024 presidential race if he were indicted in any of the federal and state investigations he faces.

“I wouldn’t even think about leaving,” Trump told reporters at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland, where attendees named him their favored presidential candidate shortly before he took the stage.

Trump is facing a number of investigations that include several criminal inquiries. Prosecutors in Fulton County, Georgia, have been probing the effort by Trump and his allies to overturn Georgia’s 2020 election results, while the US Department of Justice is investigating the attack on the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, as well as Trump’s handling of classified material after he left office.

Trump has refused to commit to backing the 2024 Republican nominee if it isn’t him, and on Saturday also said he has not decided whether he would sign the loyalty pledge Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel is requiring of GOP 2024 candidates to participate in the debates.

• Upvote 5

Of course he's not going to drop out.  His only hope is somehow managing to either win the presidency or be declared dictator for life by his brain dead followers.  Otherwise, he's going to be exposed as a fraud, a cheat, and an ignorant bully who paid people to take tests for him.  It will all come out -- the debts to foreign countries, the way he overvalued his properties, the way he overcharged the government for rooms for the Secret Service.  He leaked classified documents.  I'm sure he made backroom deals with Putin.  None of his followers will believe any of this but, if he doesn't get re-elected, some of it will stick.  There will be more Trump logos pulled off of buildings.  The Trump name is be ruined.

If anyone had told me twenty years ago that we'd have a candidate saying he want to build floating cities, that he alone could keep us out of WWIII, and that all Democrats were thugs and cheats, I'd have thought it was a plot to a bad novel about politics.  I'm really beginning to need to believe in UFOs and alien overlords who might be able to pick this fool up and fly him to another galaxy.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

Mar-a-Loco is now a flea market. 

• Thank You 6

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He needs more than his base to become President, so I view the openly nutty stuff as kind of a good thing.  I also think it's just noise for the moment.

I'm sure he does want to become President.  First step is to minimize then eliminate Republican opponents.  It's just Haley for now so too early to make a real move.  Later, if and when there's some real competition brewing, I believe he'll go virulently on the attack and I won't be surprised if some of his vilest supporters try to traumatize an opponent.  There would be lots of attention, the rest of the field would be wary, and of course I'd expect him to say he had nothing at all to do with it.

If he can pull off the nomination it'll just be him against the Dems, both trying to obtain undecided votes.  Again, I don't see the nutty stuff helping with that.

• Upvote 6

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic