IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 21: Let's PRIASE the Lord

samurai_sarah

35 minutes ago, postscript said:

How would Gary know there were no Christian commercials, if he didn’t watch the Super Bowl? 

It's Gary - he may be generalizing, as in "that couldn't have happened, because TV is always evil."

I wonder if he thought Lucille Ball was the halftime show.

• Haha 10

5 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

It's Gary - he may be generalizing, as in "that couldn't have happened, because TV is always evil."

I wonder if he thought Lucille Ball was the halftime show.

Or perhaps Barney and Thelma Lou were fornicatin’ on the field. 

The ways of Gary’s mind are strange. In another universe, I could see him being a beer-and-sports kind of guy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

The pre-trib/post-trib argument has continued under Gary's post about being ready:

Spoiler

image.png.6b3e7a5895eb248413ccf3aecf58c51e.png

Yes, he is referring to Steven Anderson.

image.png.6c380c256549ed1448cda4609f13d128.png

image.png.8f2f4d0d4248a589acf60b8616d11f7c.png

image.png.f35bc75514f39bea844a0a8d892ae39d.png

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 3

Whoa.  If Gary is the watchman on the wall, the entire world is in trouble.  

I love how these guys love to argue about who they think will or will not be saved and when the Rapture is going to occur.  It's like they're in their own fantasy world and every day they're waiting for Jesus to descend and for all us heathens to be thrown down into the flames.  Personally, I think they can't enjoy their own lives because they're so consumed with jealousy that anyone else is happy or living their best life.  They're not filled with Christian love.  They're just bitter.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Xan said:

It's like they're in their own fantasy world and every day they're waiting for Jesus to descend and for all us heathens to be thrown down into the flames.

Maybe the cure would be to get them all interested in video games.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the Facebook page of the guy who posted those three short incoherent comments. He did a 12 minute video that makes Gary seem smart.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.dougles.562/videos/2182186305313891

Here is what we see for the entire time:

Spoiler

image.png.a606f1518c06e7872a5c89e8d237a56e.png

Yes, he didn't think to turn the camera to show himself. At least he could have given us a better view of the dog in the lower right hand corner.

Subjects include:

- he hasn't "been innerested in TV in years, " but left it on for his dog, on "the news channel." He later says it's been on for a week (I pretty sure he means non-stop - he makes reference to his being home and hearing and seeing it as he walked around in the house, so it wasn't just to try to keep the dog company when he was out).

- people are down right now, they're depressed, because of things that have happened in the last three years - "we're gittin' ready t'move into the last days - we're already in th'last days we're movin' inta th'very end days though."

-  "the shot, which it has made people that ah know of go mental for a fact, but, that ain't what ah'm ohn t'day, about that shot, the vaxate - the vaccination. What ah'm ohn t'day is about the news."

- people should walk in a realm of light, "but when y'start walkin' in a rehma darkness, y'start walkin' in nativ -  uh, negativity, uh, gossip, an' uh just all kindsa sortsa things that you - y'do."

- TV shows are called programs because they program you to think a certain way. Also, just having a TV on opens your home up to a realm of darkness.

- "they talkin' 'bout the rumorsa wooooor, talkin' 'bout covind this, gittin' yer vaccination, Donal' Trump 'is, Donal' Trump 'at, Bahden this 'n' Bahden that."

- televisions and computers are like witchcraft. "Tiktok is wonna the most demonic things ah ever seen." "There's powersa hell that's fighting aginst you with Tiktok. The little short videos? Half of 'em don't make sense."

:laughing-rofl:  We need a pot/kettle emoji.

- Tiktok videos are strange, with a lot of perversion and "cussin'." He found out that it's from China, and says Trump didn't want Tiktok, but he knew everybody would have to have it, so "he made some kinda deals with 'em, but he didn't want it."

- "Chahna knows that if y'can turn th'people mahnds t'wickedness an' stuff that's unnatural, homosexuality an' havin' everybody fight aginst each other an' just perversions an' things to that effect, it'll warp th'American people's mahnd. Now that's what's playin' on our Tiktok. But then you've got Chahna, they're wantin' you - to show you how to be a man. They're wantin' you to be manly. But the Tiktok down here is showin' how t'be - uh, a man be - brought down, an' not be so manly. Positive things, uh, that Chahna is producin' t'their people, but here it's bein' produced t'break down yer society, break down yer children, all these things."

He repeats the theme of negativity, spirits, demons and mind programming coming from the TV several times.

Oh, and near the end, he says he changed the channel - after a week, I guess. :confusion-shrug:

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 10

I have questions.  Why is there a barbell under his table?  If there are evil spirits coming from the TV, why has he left it on for a week?  Is he blaming the dog?  Does the dog clean up the spirits and demons?  China wants to show you how to be a man?  Why would China do that?  Wouldn't he think that was a good thing?  TikTok is breaking down the children?  He's sounds like he's watched more TikTok videos than I have.  If they're evil, why did he watch them?

Never mind.  This guy is as ignorant and confused as Bro Gary.  And he gets to vote.  That's scary.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

OMG - Michael Dougles, the demon TV guy, did a live video, while driving, at night, in the rain, about how the the egg shortage is a part of the new world order conspiracy.

I'm just not up to that right now - maybe later. But here's a screenshot:

Spoiler

image.png.01f474b0843aa0abee26723d48c5d9f3.png

Edited by thoughtful
fixing punctuation
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 3

Gary seems to attract the very worst of the uneducated crazies. Or perhaps they have some sort of magnetic attraction that leads them to congregate.  

According to this guy's Facebook page, he's divorced. Gee, I wonder why? He sounds like a real prize. 

• Haha 10

10 minutes ago, Xan said:

China wants to show you how to be a man?  Why would China do that?  Wouldn't he think that was a good thing?

It took him a few sentences, but I think he was saying that China is showing the positive, manly-man-building stuff to their own citizens, and sending us the weakening, demon-possessed stuff.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Since I went down memory lane and reminded myself of the pictures of Gary in front of the gory crucifixion banner, I did this:

Spoiler

1198612383_GaryandJesusdance.gif.07d3019363acf8c24357d0763f74d1cc.gif

Dance, Gary, dance!

ETA - try thinking the song "One" from A Chorus Line, while looking at it. Fun!

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

On 2/14/2023 at 4:10 PM, thoughtful said:

The pre-trib/post-trib argument has continued under Gary's post about being ready:

Hide contents

Thanks, Michael, I did escape the Bible, and I am beyond thankful 🥰

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Gary put up a new post and look who commented!  The Hawkins world and the Rodrigues world have collided again.  It probably a sign of the Rapture or something...

1306594155_Screenshot(12672).png.a90a1a2e9a0c97dbcbbb1ec438964dc5.png

Jill and Dave -- when one amen just isn't enough!

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

Another Rod-connected commenter:

Spoiler

image.png.87913dd206b02de53f63aec51f78aa1e.png

There are pretty nasty arguments going on under that post. Gary is ignoring some of it, but chimed in on some:

Spoiler

image.png.14d4283d4555b6e75f9411ceba7600da.png

Spoiler

image.png.2c8f784d8f7474074b4df123f6b6fdb4.png

Spoiler

image.png.b5bb2eab6dca4f5f378ac0b3908bcca0.png

• Haha 7
  • Thank You 4

On 2/15/2023 at 2:12 PM, thoughtful said:

he hasn't "been innerested in TV in years, " but left it on for his dog, on "the news channel." He later says it's been on for a week (I pretty sure he means non-stop - he makes reference to his being home and hearing and seeing it as he walked around in the house, so it wasn't just to try to keep the dog company when he was out).

On 2/15/2023 at 2:12 PM, thoughtful said:

TV shows are called programs because they program you to think a certain way. Also, just having a TV on opens your home up to a realm of darkness.

Even his internal logic... isn't.

On 2/15/2023 at 11:10 AM, thoughtful said:

Hide contents

image.png.6b3e7a5895eb248413ccf3aecf58c51e.png

Yes, he is referring to Steven Anderson.

image.png.6c380c256549ed1448cda4609f13d128.png

image.png.f35bc75514f39bea844a0a8d892ae39d.png

So how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

• Upvote 5

Apparently the Revival question is the Asbury Revival. It's a revival happening Asbury University in Wilmore, Kentucky. It's been going on from several days. It's also spreading to other places after going viral. No wonder Gary and Jill Rod are upset. They're jealous they've never had this impact. It's big enough Tuck*r C*rlson covered it on his show. 

I learned this from @ Bad Preacher Sermons on twitter, which has the post a shot of the same tweet @Ozlsn posted. I'm linking to their screenshot of the tweet. If you click the # Asbury Revival, you can find more information. Gary ain't the only upset. Pastor Andrew Sluder is also upset. He's posting a video about it from his hotel room.  

Finally here's an article from NBC about the Asbury Revival that's lasted for days and going viral on TikTok.

• Thank You 3

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Apparently the Revival question is the Asbury Revival. It's a revival happening Asbury University in Wilmore, Kentucky

Yeah, it's hard to say whether Gary had this in mind in the original post, because he didn't mention it, and, well, you know - he's Gary. But it definitely has been the subject of most of the fights going on in the comments.

6 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

So how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

I can't count how many times I think that phrase, daily,  when reading what fundies have to say (especially when they are arguing with one another).

It also pops into my mind when listening to those who try to shove science into their beliefs. There is a whole segment of the apologist crowd who are desperately trying to "prove" God's existence, literal interpretations of the bible, etc. The calls to shows like The Atheist Experience can sound like an amazing mix of stoned freshmen at midnight and rigid fundy "logic."

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Sad day, said day, whatever:

Spoiler

image.png.fb74c0f48af42e45473b450d723c8830.png

He also reposted the "if you are dropping your standards to reach people, then you aren't reaching them. They are reaching you" thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4

Gotta love it how Gary can always prove he's right, whatever misguided thing he says.

If someone disagrees it's because

-the false prophets come out

-they follow man, not God

-Gary hasn't dropped his standards so his message didn't reach the folks in the lower seats

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Gary got lots of comments under the post about standards, most of them amens. There was also this, which I saw as pushback, but that upvote is from Gary, so I guess he saw it as support, because, of course, he knows exactly what God wants:

Spoiler

image.png.739be0d4a4a3d3dca4526aa2b22db827.png

David wins the Department of Redundancy Department award (or maybe he just wanted to show them his preferred wording for the sentiment), Guy wants credit for this astonishing insight:

Spoiler

image.png.a456edb384a6ce3b5f130de40eb013e6.png

Matthew interprets 1 Corinthians 9 differently, and Jill checks in again, with a little heart:

Spoiler

image.png.0dcbca41926052387ef6c77b4bfff706.png

Gary gets defensive:

Spoiler

image.png.8db1d9b978133e14692771b35e746456.png

I really want to know why some of Gary's posts are now getting so much attention (some are still completely ignored, and whether they are "consoversy," as Gary would say, doesn't seem to be part of it). I don't use Facebook, so I don't know if there are ways to get noticed that people tap into.

I also wish I could figure out if and where he is posting videos these days - I haven't found a new one in three months.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

On 2/14/2023 at 12:41 PM, Xan said:

I kind of liked this reply from Henry:  "Praise God,'I have been BLOOD WASHED,BORN AGAIN , SPIRIT FILLED,And I Am, HEAVEN BOUND with the HAMMER DOWN.IAm Not Going To HELL!!!!"  Old Henry isn't just going to Heaven -- he's got the hammer down and he's driving there.  I am enjoying the image of a car speeding straight up through the skies.

Like the ending of Grease?

On 2/16/2023 at 10:07 AM, thoughtful said:

It also pops into my mind when listening to those who try to shove science into their beliefs. There is a whole segment of the apologist crowd who are desperately trying to "prove" God's existence, literal interpretations of the bible, etc. The calls to shows like The Atheist Experience can sound like an amazing mix of stoned freshmen at midnight and rigid fundy "logic."

I occasionally have to print a booklet for some dude who is convinced that he, and whoever he hangs out with, have found remains of the Ark on Mount Ararat. He also has theories on exactly how Noah managed to feed all those predators without losing any of the prey animals - which gave me one of my favorite phrases of all time. Giant Neolithic Chickpeas. 

Yep. Apparently there were Giant Neolithic Chickpeas that had enough protein to satisfy the carnivores, and Noah had enough of them for the entire voyage. And they somehow found evidence of this within the remains of the Ark, which apparently the locals knew was there since time immemorial.

I kinda think the locals saw a white dude and his buddies with money to spare, and spun a tale guaranteed to keep them coming back and spending money. I could see Gary falling for something like that easily. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

"Praise God,'I have been BLOOD WASHED,BORN AGAIN , SPIRIT FILLED,And I Am, HEAVEN BOUND with the HAMMER DOWN.IAm Not Going To HELL!!!!"

That's got to be an eighties style hard rock band. The singer is driving a convertible and his long curly hair flies in the wind. Tadadadada, the drums, and the chorus: I have been BLOOD WASHED,BORN AGAIN , SPIRIT FILLED,And I Am, HEAVEN BOUND with the HAMMER DOWN.IAm Not Going To HELL!!!!

• Haha 6

39 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

That's got to be an eighties style hard rock band. The singer is driving a convertible and his long curly hair flies in the wind. Tadadadada, the drums, and the chorus: I have been BLOOD WASHED,BORN AGAIN , SPIRIT FILLED,And I Am, HEAVEN BOUND with the HAMMER DOWN.IAm Not Going To HELL!!!!

Some of it is a song! But it's 1971 Country/Bluegrass:

Notice that the devil is a police officer, and God is on CB radio.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I occasionally have to print a booklet for some dude who is convinced that he, and whoever he hangs out with, have found remains of the Ark on Mount Ararat.

Is he a Ron Wyatt believer, or some other Ark-loving type?

Giant Neolithic Chickpeas is a wonderful phrase, and I must find a way to work it into a conversation. I think, last time we discussed them, we also thought it was, as such phrases often are, a wonderful band name.

Did Noah use them to make Tremendous Vats of Hummus (another potential band name), or just feed them whole?

Also, if there were such things, did they make their way into other ancient mythologies?

Spoiler

image.png.3fc2e009e17e6ecca0aa375745765a41.png

• Haha 13

The Catlins chime in under the "standards" post, and Jimmy seems to think Jesus himself would disagree with Gary:

Spoiler

image.png.19bbfdca6eae9cc6aac82c6352d1bcf4.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic