IGNORED

Josh and Anna 56: AMA and Stuck in Duggarville?

Coconut Flan

55 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

I expect they are zoned/designated agricultural and thus their property taxes are minimal.

Must cost a bit to heat and cool that monstrosity though. 

Aren't all remaining girls (sans Jana) teenagers now? I can't imagine why their parents would want to live there when all but a few have moved on.  Which is not to say JB will sell it.  I can see him finding a way to lease it out to a childrens' home or as a halfway house.  Heck, maybe Joshie could live there on the government dime when he steps down to a halfway house in nine years or so.

I wouldn't want to live there if I were them simply because the world knows their address, and they've done a lot of shit they should be ashamed of. Then again, neither seems to have any sense of shame, so never mind.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I think they'll keep it- they must have a full bed and bath downstairs since his parents lived with them at one point

There is one behind the laundry room.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

They have enough land to build a smaller home near the big house. Then Joe, Kendra, and their ever increasing brood could take over the big house. By the time JB and Michelle have all grown kids, Joken could have 10 kids and counting. 

• Upvote 5

I know many couples who’ve downsized to a smaller place as they got older. It’s very common. Sure, some people don’t.  Where I live, the kids grow up, go to college and often move away due to the job market. Once the parents hit retirement, many move closer to where their kids live. That won’t be the case for JB and Michelle, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility that they could build something smaller. A lot of older adults downsize because they want to travel and don’t want the maintenance and upkeep of a larger place. JB and Michelle could even buy a vacation home in Florida. 

Anna sure has fallen off the face of social media. Barely a sight or sound of her or even her kids in quite awhile, not even in the background of any Duggar get togethers.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 2

Anna shut down her Instagram a few months ago (Twitter is still accessible, but she never uses it). The last post on IG was the ominous "There is more to come" bit. I think she posted that after the conviction, so I assume she knew they were going to try to implicate Caleb Williams. Of course, that's the main thrust of the appeal, along with a couple other laughable defenses. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I wonder where she's at emotionally one year on. If the first year's gone so quickly for me I can only imagine the whirlwind it's been for her. She probably hasn't even begun processing it yet (if she ever does). This will be the second Christmas with the convicted child predator in jail. I feel for Mikayla (Is that even the name of the oldest?). She's probably Anna's rock at this point and about the only person she may truly trust which is such an awful responsibility to put on a child.  

• Upvote 14

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Anna shut down her Instagram a few months ago (Twitter is still accessible, but she never uses it). The last post on IG was the ominous "There is more to come" bit. I think she posted that after the conviction, so I assume she knew they were going to try to implicate Caleb Williams. Of course, that's the main thrust of the appeal, along with a couple other laughable defenses. 

I think her last post was right after Josh-u-a was transferred to real prison and she posted the infinitely worse ode to her bestest friend ever, on the anniversary of his proposal, the best day of her life!  — which happened to be her own damn birthday.

Probably her sister, or a Duggar, or or one of her own kids saw that and rightly switched her password on her out of sheer embarrassment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

wonder where she's at emotionally one year on. If the first year's gone so quickly for me I can only imagine the whirlwind it's been for her. She probably hasn't even begun processing it yet (if she ever does).

I'm hoping she's starting to notice that worrying how Josh is doing in jail is less stressful than worrying what he was up to before he went to jail was.

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'm hoping she's starting to notice that worrying how Josh is doing in jail is less stressful than worrying what he was up to before he went to jail was.

Did she really worry, though? She seems to be the type who turned a blind eye to his many faults. She has been in denial for years. It's what kept her by his side after the scandals in 2015. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I wonder where she's at emotionally one year on. If the first year's gone so quickly for me I can only imagine the whirlwind it's been for her. She probably hasn't even begun processing it yet (if she ever does). This will be the second Christmas with the convicted child predator in jail. I feel for Mikayla (Is that even the name of the oldest?). She's probably Anna's rock at this point and about the only person she may truly trust which is such an awful responsibility to put on a child.  

Josh and Anna's kids are: Mackynzie (Kynzie), Michael, Marcus, Meredith, Mason, Maryella, and Madison.

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Did she really worry, though? She seems to be the type who turned a blind eye to his many faults. She has been in denial for years. It's what kept her by his side after the scandals in 2015. 

I think she tried her best to turn a blind eye, and certainly for the public, but I suspect Josh's escapades via Ashley Madison stuck in her mind.  Josh was supposed to be hers and hers alone and she couldn't dismiss his acts as youthful indiscretion like the molestation scandal had been portrayed.  While I believe she loved and forgave him, I'd be amazed if she ever fully trusted him again.  I believe she tried to make the best of things, liked having babies and a reasonably high standard of living, and probably called or texted him multiple times a day to try to reassure herself.

• Upvote 8

Anna definitely turned a blinds eye when it came to Josh. I have said this before & I’ll say it again I think her parents kind of forced her into marrying him. Maybe thinking he would give her the stability they couldn’t. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think she tried her best to turn a blind eye, and certainly for the public, but I suspect Josh's escapades via Ashley Madison stuck in her mind.  Josh was supposed to be hers and hers alone and she couldn't dismiss his acts as youthful indiscretion like the molestation scandal had been portrayed.  While I believe she loved and forgave him, I'd be amazed if she ever fully trusted him again.  I believe she tried to make the best of things, liked having babies and a reasonably high standard of living, and probably called or texted him multiple times a day to try to reassure herself.

I agree. While on the surface she had plenty going on in her life to distract and occupy her mind, she probably always had a gnawing feeling down inside. She may have grown accustomed to the feeling, normalizing it. She was taught to disregard her gut and trust God which was probably easier for her to do than to ever confront any red flags she may have had. Far simpler to stuff the feelings down, keep getting pregnant and believe good old God’ll take care of things. Fundie wives are taught to only see the good in their husbands; this lends itself to wives rationalizing their husband’ questionable behavior and even outright blatant bad  behavior, and that’s what Anna did/does in spades.

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, socalrules said:

I don’t understand the idea that Jim Bob and Michelle will move into a smaller house once the kids are gone. Why would they? It’s their home. Who cares if it’s big? Most people stay in  their homes when their kids move out, especially if the house had no mortgage, at least everyone I have known. 

If the house was a "normal" sized house, then perhaps the parents might stay. Mr. Four and I built a HUGE (not Duggar huge but bigger than normal) house, and now that the Four are gone, we need to downsize, so that we don't pay such huge taxes, heat and cool the place, maintain such a large place, etc.

We are currently looking for a nice flat rancher. We are retired, we're ready to stop supporting all this space.

The Duggars? I see them keeping the house, but one of the big families moving in. They need someplace for all of them to get together, after all.

• Upvote 13

I think Anna, like JB, honestly thought they’d be back to where they were after the fuss died down in 2015. JB was incredulous they wanted to cancel the show, and Anna whined about not being featured any more, all while curating her ‘Little Duggars’ brand. Anna liked her status as Josh’s wife and didn’t want to let go.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I think Anna, like JB, honestly thought they’d be back to where they were after the fuss died down in 2015. JB was incredulous they wanted to cancel the show, and Anna whined about not being featured any more, all while curating her ‘Little Duggars’ brand. Anna liked her status as Josh’s wife and didn’t want to let go.

I didn’t know JB was incredulous over the show’s cancellation or that Anna whined about not being featured  any more.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Anna complained on Instagram that her children were rarely featured on Counting On. 

But whose behavior got 19 Kids cancelled?

And whose arrest got Counting On cancelled?

While ultimately TLC is responsible for featuring this gross family in the first place, Anna's picture should be in the dictionary under Fucking Tone Deaf. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

On 12/14/2022 at 6:31 AM, Four is Enough said:

If the house was a "normal" sized house, then perhaps the parents might stay. Mr. Four and I built a HUGE (not Duggar huge but bigger than normal) house, and now that the Four are gone, we need to downsize, so that we don't pay such huge taxes, heat and cool the place, maintain such a large place, etc.

We are currently looking for a nice flat rancher. We are retired, we're ready to stop supporting all this space.

The Duggars? I see them keeping the house, but one of the big families moving in. They need someplace for all of them to get together, after all.

This^. We downsized from a big country home on 2 acres to an average sized, older beach cottage on a postage sized lot. I always say, no one needs a huge ass home unless they have 19 children (which should be illegal). I love having a smaller home (comparatively). I can clean it top to bottom in a couple of hours and it costs little for upkeep/utilities. Also, little changes make a huge difference. In a big home, everything is costly and slow to happen. 

• Upvote 6

When you need a new roof. When the plumbing leaks and you need to replace the bathroom floor. Want to get new blinds? Fewer windows mean less cost. A smaller space usually translates to less home maintenance expenditure purely from a square footage point of view.

Isn't the house located near the city garbage dump? I would imagine that would lower their property taxes. They might have the advantage on that front.

• Upvote 5

JB is vain and loves being the patriarchal head of his empire. I don’t see him downsizing. They all do home renovations of some sort so repairs will be done at cost.

That said, if Josh hadn’t been exposed for what he is, I could imagine him returning to Arkansas with Anna and kids in tow, entering local politics and perhaps taking over the house, with JB & M in an annexe.

• Upvote 10

All of Anna's kids were wondering around the big house in Jed's announcement video.  Mack was with Jennifer and Hannie when they were told re spawn.  Maddison was in Jordyn's arms and referred to by name as Maddy by Jordyn (which is the only reason I know she was the baby, I wouldn't have been able to identify her alone).  The boys and Meredith were wondering around (eating).  No sign of Anna at all. 

Its said that the best place for the Ms is probably the TTH.  Stability, where they've always known.  Older people to support with childcare, space, toys, childcare.  Its not all on Mack there, the lost girls would be expected to share her load and Jana would oversee.

Vs Priscilla's - chaotic, smaller, fewer adults.  Mack is oldest by far and thus would have more responsibility.

Vs some place isolated with just a breaking Anna and little access to friends family familiar things.

Josh is scum.  Anna is complicated, but an adult responsible for her own choices.  Seeing the M's doing well and included in family things, is good.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, imokit said:

Its said that the best place for the Ms is probably the TTH.  Stability, where they've always known.  Older people to support with childcare, space, toys, childcare.  Its not all on Mack there, the lost girls would be expected to share her load and Jana would oversee.

Plus no judgement.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Anna was at the table,  eating. Oldest M boy was also in a Chanukah sweater.

How cute! Another way to appropriate Jewish culture!

/s

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic