IGNORED

Josh and Anna 56: AMA and Stuck in Duggarville?

Coconut Flan

Regardless of the emergency (and thanks for clarifying that, btw), Josh was left there with many kids and little or no supervision. He could have used it to his advantage.

Yeah, I agree the stories take on a telephone persona where they become more  conflated in each telling. 

And yep, I thought I heard it was two weeks before her wedding Anna learned of the marriage bed. Regardless if she was 20, fundies purposely treat young women like children and like to keep them uneducated for as long as they can.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cam said:

Regardless of the emergency (and thanks for clarifying that, btw), Josh was left there with many kids and little or no supervision. He could have used it to his advantage.

Yeah, I agree the stories take on a telephone persona where they become more  conflated in each telling. 

And yep, I thought I heard it was two weeks before her wedding Anna learned of the marriage bed. Regardless if she was 20, fundies purposely treat young women like children and like to keep them uneducated for as long as they can.

And he was left alone with his growing family and his incredibly enabling wife for 12 years. Very scary. I am of the opinion that his family thought he was fixed from his deviant behavior, either because he outgrew it, or he had a wife, or the punishment camp and prayer worked, or some combo. They probably mostly still thought he was the creepy, obnoxious  brother you don’t purposefully hang out with, but judging by their reaction to both the molestation story going public, and a few months later the Ashley Madison — the level of rage at the 2nd scandal seemed related to being lied to after having worked to trust him. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

On 10/11/2022 at 12:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My 9 and 7 year old kids say sus. They got it from a game called “Among Us.” Sus is all over the internet now. It’s not just Reddit.

My littles are 9 and 7 as well and both have more slang than I do lol. Both say Sus all the time. 

• Upvote 7

23 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

And he was left alone with his growing family and his incredibly enabling wife for 12 years. Very scary. I am of the opinion that his family thought he was fixed from his deviant behavior, either because he outgrew it, or he had a wife, or the punishment camp and prayer worked, or some combo. They probably mostly still thought he was the creepy, obnoxious  brother you don’t purposefully hang out with, but judging by their reaction to both the molestation story going public, and a few months later the Ashley Madison — the level of rage at the 2nd scandal seemed related to being lied to after having worked to trust him. 

I think the judge's probation rules will come in handy once Josh gets out to remind the family he can't be trusted alone among children.  Won't matter how saved, cured, or innocent all along Josh may claim he is...for 20 years, anyway.

• Upvote 8

On 10/31/2022 at 3:50 AM, EmCatlyn said:

Maybe you are right, but it sure sounded like something Josh would do.

It would humiliate and hurt Anna while putting one over the families.

Agree one should take AMAs with a heap of salt.

These are my thoughts exactly. I can’t know if it happened but it’s precisely what Josh would do. 

• Upvote 1

Mackenzie wore a jumpsuit for the last pregnancy announcement from Anna, days before news of the arrest, so not surprising that she’s in pants now. Also there were pics of Anna in jeans at some amusement park last winter. I think Kendra is the lone holdout.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, gobucks said:

Is that Ellie Bates next to her in the jean skirt, purple top, and the tan boots?

Pretty sure it is! Good spotting.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Mackenzie wore a jumpsuit for the last pregnancy announcement from Anna, days before news of the arrest, so not surprising that she’s in pants now. Also there were pics of Anna in jeans at some amusement park last winter. I think Kendra is the lone holdout.

I’m glad Mackenzie is getting to hang out with friends and do normal things (well, relatively normal) . She’s the one I’m most worried for. Old enough to have heard and at least vaguely understood what was going on with her awful father. At an absolutely horrible age for it. Old enough to be a full-time babysitter/surrogate mom/cook/cleaner. Prime position to become her moms rock to lean on, especially if Anna is on the outs with the adults.  Hope all this trauma and likely increased responsibility goes as easily as possible for her, and that she continues to get to spend time with her friends/aunts.

Also if Kendra is perpetually pregnant or postpartum I could see her sticking with loose skirts and dresses, even if she no longer felt strongly about skirts-only as part of her ideology. Just more comfortable and flexible  if your body is always changing. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

Family camp pictures were filled to the brim with women in pants. Way more than ever before. Look at pictures from 5 years ago and it’s mostly skirts. Now it’s mostly pants. It’s obvious ATI/IBLP is loosening up on the skirts thing. Along with many other fundies. It’s just out of style for fundies to be skirts only these days. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, flowergirl said:

Is that Mackenzie in trousers? 

Screenshot_20221102_085743_com.instagram.android_edit_6260518610698357.jpg

Screenshot_20221102_085700_com.instagram.android_edit_6260474820658259.jpg

Is that a smart phone she is holding? I wonder if it is hers and if so what restrictions are on it?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Mack has been wearing trousers for a couple years at least. 

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is that a smart phone she is holding? I wonder if it is hers and if so what restrictions are on it?

For her own well-being, I hope she cannot find her father's name in the net. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

14 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Mack has been wearing trousers for a couple years at least. 

For her own well-being, I hope she cannot find her father's name in the net. 

I know they are extremely sheltered, but it seems almost impossible to me that she won’t have overheard something and won’t have Googled her Dad’s name. If not yet, then in the near future. Or the next oldest M or one of the teen Duggar girls has or will. What would you even say to explain to your tween/ barely teen kids? Anna is probably going off on some version of “everyone is out to get Daddy” - but you’d kind of have to say something more explanatory. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/31/2022 at 6:34 AM, Cam said:

I thought I read that Mrs Keller gave the birds and bees talk to Anna two weeks prior to the wedding. 

Whenever she did it, she probably didn’t go into useful detail.  Purity-culture mothers usually don’t.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

Whenever she did it, she probably didn’t go into useful detail.  Purity-culture mothers usually don’t.  

Thankfully Anna had older married sisters. I really hope Rebekah clued her in. I could see that being more likely than Ma Keller.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I don’t know much about praying, but should you really pray with your hands in your pockets? I’m not sure how reverent that is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, xenobia said:

I think - but I'm not sure - that this is Anna with Madyson at the TTH fall festival. 

48A61D95-40A5-4098-AB21-0A8233123C0B_1_201_a.jpeg

Looks like it. 

16 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Okay so I don’t know much about praying, but should you really pray with your hands in your pockets? I’m not sure how reverent that is. 

Actually, most Christians, even fundies, would probably say God doesn't care - that the important thing is the communication, not the posture. Though many (but not all) churches do consider it respectful for men to remove hats, as I see one man did. Women are exempted from the hat removal policy because of issues with messing up their hair, lol!

Edited by livinginthelight
  • Upvote 3

I thought the reason women were supposed to cover their hair, at least in church, was so that no man would see it, take his mind off of god and Jesus and start fantasizing about the woman in a sexual way. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

On 11/12/2022 at 6:49 AM, SorenaJ said:

This made me laugh.

Catholic and Orthodox believers stand or kneel to pray. Fundamentalists and evangelicals adopt almost any prayer posture (usually sitting) and mostly don’t give it much thought. Hands can be folded, in pockets, put in the air, or held with other people. 

It’s interesting though that many Christian fundamentalists view God as terrifying and Jesus as their best friend. It’s a weird juxtaposition. I suppose the bowed head covers the terror and the hands in the pocket the more casual and intimate relationship?

• Upvote 1

RF annoys me the most with their displays. They are laying all over the floor like they can’t kneel down far enough for Jesus. The children and adults are all over the floor. Gwen was always so performative. Everything she did was look at me! Look at how holy I am! Including prayer. 

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic