IGNORED

Josh and Anna 56: AMA and Stuck in Duggarville?

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Per Cafe Mom some of Josh’s single siblings are moving out of the house due to disagreements with Anna over Josh’s guilt.

https://cafemom.com/tag/Josh Duggar

I think if these two lost boys did move out it's more likely due to issues with Jim Bob than Anna.

I know her family probably spends lots of time there, but I wonder if Anna is actually living in the big house. Plenty of room these days. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

WOACB also claimed that Elijah moved out. That turned out to be true. He recently said that his truck was stolen from the front of his house. 

There seems to be a rash of truck thefts in NWA of late. Jed! had a truck stolen off his lot.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I hope the story is true. If it is true I’m proud of the boys for saying their brother is guilty. 

I hope it is true too. Those two boys standing up for their sisters and leaving would make them my new favorites. But I agree with other posters, I need more than Cafe Mom. But it is interesting 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

23 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Per Cafe Mom some of Josh’s single siblings are moving out of the house due to disagreements with Anna over Josh’s guilt.

https://cafemom.com/tag/Josh Duggar

What???

First, I could easily believe some of the brothers are moving out. I think any brother still there, except for Tyler, is 18. If they moved out it would leave only Tyler and four girls in the TTH.

But absolutely no way is the reason some brothers are moving out because of “disagreements with Anna over Josh’s guilt”.  Total crap. Everyone in that family has known since Day One that Anna believes in his innocence so why suddenly almost a year after his trial would they be up in arms. Makes zero sense. WOACB knows references to Anna and her standing by her man gets the traffic to her site. I call hogwash.

Here’s my theory. (Remember, you read it here first; sometimes Reddit members lift my ideas from FJ and claim them for their own):

Last week JB was touting the bone broth weight loss saying something like he was fasting because he has to make some important decisions. I think he and Michele are mulling over handing the reins of the TTH over to one of his kids and their family, and he and Michelle are thinking of downsizing to a smaller space. As mentioned above, four girls + Tyler would remain in the house if any brothers 18 and older moved out. Johannah is I think 17 and could get married off anytime in the near future.

JB could have had a discussion with the brothers about getting a place of their own with the idea in mind that it’s time to make some housing changes for he and Meech. Or, the boys could have brought up the topic of moving out which got JB to thinking about downsizing, wondering if now was the time.

And of course, my guess for who the baton gets passed to is Joe and Kendra. For all we know, she could already be pregnant with another after the birth of their secretive last kid. In addition, Jana would be part of the package deal, allowed to stay at the TTH, a built in babysitter. Doesn’t she have a little niche, or suite of her own there? Or is she also moved out? 

At any rate, it ‘s not unreasonable to think at some point JB and M will want to move to a small place.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I have noticed Elijah wasn’t around the Duggar house as much lately. If Jason and James move out, it leaves Tyler and Jackson as the boys at home. 

• Upvote 1

Who is Elijah?

I don't see JB giving up the big house, I think they would move out and keep it as a reunion/holiday/retreat home before giving it up. They still need a place to hold their boring parties and host 20 kids, 30 grand kids, and a myriad of family friends and extended family. 

I'm glad TLC cut off the Duggars. Otherwise we'd be getting a special about Jackson moving out and how he was the first Duggar born on TV. Unfortunately, 14 Kids and Counting was very Pest Heavy and hard to watch, even then. 

• Upvote 19

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

Who is Elijah?

Elijah Kaneshiro. I think he started out working for the Duggars and evolved into some kind of family friend. Like Laura DeMasie. He's from Hawaii. And since I don't seem to have anything better to do, I googled him. He seem to be working for UPS if his LInkedIn is up to date. His parents are Brenda and Dennis Kaneshiro and seems to live in Oregon now. His dad is of japaneese descent. You'll find him on Instagram, hawaiiansurfingboy. Seems to hang out with the Bates boys as well, and was rumored to have something going on with Chaney, Trace Bates ex girlfriend. And he's been working with Mediccorps. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

My phone just suggested an "INTouch" (I think) article about Anna... I have obviously spent too much time reading here... I read the article...and it claims "Josh doesn*t want anyone other than Anna or his immediate family to guide his children"... is it just me, or does that sound incredibly creepy coming from a guy convicted of viewing CSAM? 

• Upvote 8

40 minutes ago, Hazelbunny said:

My phone just suggested an "INTouch" (I think) article about Anna... I have obviously spent too much time reading here... I read the article...and it claims "Josh doesn*t want anyone other than Anna or his immediate family to guide his children"... is it just me, or does that sound incredibly creepy coming from a guy convicted of viewing CSAM? 

That’s incredibly creepy and a big red flag, to me at least.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, xenobia said:

Elijah Kaneshiro. I think he started out working for the Duggars and evolved into some kind of family friend. Like Laura DeMasie. He's from Hawaii. And since I don't seem to have anything better to do, I googled him. He seem to be working for UPS if his LInkedIn is up to date. His parents are Brenda and Dennis Kaneshiro and seems to live in Oregon now. His dad is of japaneese descent. You'll find him on Instagram, hawaiiansurfingboy. Seems to hang out with the Bates boys as well, and was rumored to have something going on with Chaney, Trace Bates ex girlfriend. And he's been working with Mediccorps. 

I’ll add that I believe Trace met Chaney through Elijah. That guy knows all the fundies we talk about on FJ. At least it seems like it. He hangs out with the Wissmanns, Duggars, Bateses, Chaney, Logan Smith, the Haights, and I think also the Andreggs. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

It's totally creepy. He's afraid of losing what little control he has left over Anna and the kids and if she moves away from the Duggars, even if she moves to be closer to him, he really can't be sure what she's up to. Especially if David Waller doesn't take over as her headship. While I think it's a long shot that she'll find a guy willing to take on seven kids, August 2032 is a long time from now and Josh is probably afraid she'll move on from him.  

Not that he probably wouldn't/won't dump her if the opportunity arises in the future, but he's likely fixated on the fear that Anna will find someone who is willing to be stepfather to his kids, and his lack of control over what happens out in the free world. 

• Upvote 4

Josh can’t control anything in prison. They tell you when to eat, sleep, shower, everything. So Anna is the only thing left he feels he may have control of. And yes, I said thing. I think he treats her like an object. A thing. And I truly hope she eventually does distance herself from him. But I’m positive it won’t be anytime soon. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

Headship doctrine is hecka weird in normal times but I can see it being a source of angst for him now that he is in prison. Because another man is—hypothetically at least—supposed to step in if he is unable to do the job. Suddenly the set up is a lot less appealing.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Josh can’t control anything in prison. They tell you when to eat, sleep, shower, everything. So Anna is the only thing left he feels he may have control of. And yes, I said thing. I think he treats her like an object. A thing. And I truly hope she eventually does distance herself from him. But I’m positive it won’t be anytime soon. 

I feel she certainly won't move on until the appeals process is exhausted. However, I think she will continue to glom onto him for the rest of her life. The only way he will be free of her is to divorce her. 

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would love to wake up one morning, get on FJ and find out that Anna left Josh, and IBLP or whatever their cult is called behind. I really doubt that will happen because she’s stuck by him so long. I honestly think there’s only one thing in this world that might make her leave him, and I hate even thinking about it because it’s so awful. 

Spoiler

I think Anna would only leave Josh if he hurt one of their kids.

Idk if it’s the optimist in me, but Anna “seeing the light” as they say would be a good thing.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

For the next decade it will just be year after year after year of Josh not being there for anything. And his family just growing used to it. Imagine how different things will be in ten years when Josh gets out of prison. The older kids will be adults. The middle kids will be teens and independent. Anna will have grown used to doing everything her way and everything by herself. And here comes this man child back into their lives disrupting everything. I bet it won’t go like Anna thinks it will. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 13

Assuming his appeal fails, what sort of time will Josh actually serve? In the UK he would be likely to get released after about 2/3 of a sentence that length, assuming he behaved himself inside and cooperated with safeguarding measures. 

18 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Assuming his appeal fails, what sort of time will Josh actually serve? In the UK he would be likely to get released after about 2/3 of a sentence that length, assuming he behaved himself inside and cooperated with safeguarding measures. 

As it was a federal case (as opposed to state or county level), he is required to serve a minimum of 85% of the 12.5 years.  He also gets credit for time served before the sentence was handed down (this does not include time at the Rebers’).  It was calculated at the time that the earliest he can get out is approximately ten years after the sentencing date.

Edited by catlady
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

On 12/3/2022 at 4:02 PM, Cam said:

What???

First, I could easily believe some of the brothers are moving out. I think any brother still there, except for Tyler, is 18. If they moved out it would leave only Tyler and four girls in the TTH.

But absolutely no way is the reason some brothers are moving out because of “disagreements with Anna over Josh’s guilt”.  Total crap. Everyone in that family has known since Day One that Anna believes in his innocence so why suddenly almost a year after his trial would they be up in arms. Makes zero sense. WOACB knows references to Anna and her standing by her man gets the traffic to her site. I call hogwash.

Here’s my theory. (Remember, you read it here first; sometimes Reddit members lift my ideas from FJ and claim them for their own):

Last week JB was touting the bone broth weight loss saying something like he was fasting because he has to make some important decisions. I think he and Michele are mulling over handing the reins of the TTH over to one of his kids and their family, and he and Michelle are thinking of downsizing to a smaller space. As mentioned above, four girls + Tyler would remain in the house if any brothers 18 and older moved out. Johannah is I think 17 and could get married off anytime in the near future.

JB could have had a discussion with the brothers about getting a place of their own with the idea in mind that it’s time to make some housing changes for he and Meech. Or, the boys could have brought up the topic of moving out which got JB to thinking about downsizing, wondering if now was the time.

And of course, my guess for who the baton gets passed to is Joe and Kendra. For all we know, she could already be pregnant with another after the birth of their secretive last kid. In addition, Jana would be part of the package deal, allowed to stay at the TTH, a built in babysitter. Doesn’t she have a little niche, or suite of her own there? Or is she also moved out? 

At any rate, it ‘s not unreasonable to think at some point JB and M will want to move to a small place.

I am not sure it will be Joe and Kendra, but I don't know who else it would be. I think JB would want someone who is more vocal about their ministry, and more active and open on social media, and who wouldn't "hide" the birth of a child. Jessa springs to mind, but they have just renovated the church house. Could be Jed and Katey, but they only have one child. Or maybe JB is happy having a more low-key family like JoKen live at the house, because they have the biggest family, and then have someone else be more vocal about the ministry. 

• Upvote 3

I could see disagreements with Anna being part of a reason to move. I think the entire household was -understandably-extremely stressed and distraught and filled with grief and anger and conflict over Josh and the fall-out. But it seems pretty much everyone agrees, on some level, that Josh was guilty - even if JB and a few others might still be minimizing what he did, thinking there were mistakes made etc…. Time is passing, people want to move on from the constant negative focus on Josh and his nastiness. 

Anna though is still digging deep in to her defense of his total innocence. I can see her constantly nagging the siblings to pray for poor Josh-u-a, take his calls, defend him publicly, go with her to visit, help Lolli and Pops with the kids while she leaves every other week for days to visit, makes constant snarky comments about their much loved sisters who didn’t stand up for Josh….and on and on and on. That wouldn’t be fun to be around. At all. I doubt it would be the only reason to move - but it sure could be a deciding factor. 

I could see JB and M moving Kendra and Joe and kids in, or Anna and kids, but I don’t think they’ll leave the house. They might travel frequently, maybe turn a part of the downstairs into a more private master apartment for themselves, but still have general nominal control of the house for gatherings, visits, etc. I just don’t see them wanting to give that up for one set of kids, especially when they have soooo much property for them to build on.

• Upvote 7

18 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

.I just don’t see them wanting to give that up for one set of kids, especially when they have soooo much property for them to build on.

I thought about that too, but JB could just as easily build something on a more manageable scale for his and Meech’s golden years. Then again, yeah, they would want a space for the breeding extended family to congregate. That could be arranged differently, too, tho. So, who knows. Lots of possibilities; anything or nothing at all could happen.

• Upvote 3

The thing with JB is he is both cheap and lazy. So while he has this parcel of land available which has the potential to house many families, it would likely need lots of work and money to get it construction ready. Things like tree removal, wells, electricity substructure. Now if JB is unwilling to pay for someone (even his own grown kids) to do the work, how much would that all cost? If he wont pay to have it done for them, how long would it take for the Duggars to get around to doing it? Do permits expire? Not that JB would pay for those, he probably would try a work around. The only reason the TTH was ever completed is because the show completed it.

Would JB and M be willing to go backwards by downsizing to an old, tiny space? Plus they still have a bunch of kids at home. It’s not like they’re going to move into a 2 BR/1b, right? 

The one thing I do admire about most of the Duggars (Not Jeremy V or Lauren) is that they do not appear to have high end taste or needs; live within their means. As an example, several have lived or do live in campers, trailers etc.. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/3/2022 at 3:11 PM, Hazelbunny said:

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from Ma & Pa Keller. I remember reading how much more 'more' they were compared to Boob & JChelle (not to mention Pa Keller being okay with his daughter marrying a monster). With Smuggar pretty much demanding his kids stay close to his immediate family, maybe something happened in Kellerland... 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic