IGNORED

Josh and Anna 56: AMA and Stuck in Duggarville?

Coconut Flan

12 hours ago, Cam said:

I thought the reason women were supposed to cover their hair, at least in church, was so that no man would see it, take his mind off of god and Jesus and start fantasizing about the woman in a sexual way. 

There's a very mysterious verse in the epistles about women needing to cover their hair in worship "because of the angels." There are all sorts of takes on what this might mean, but the denominations where women wear head-coverings or lace doilies or some kind of "veil" take it literally. Some of them the women only wear it during corporate worship and others have women cover their heads all day since they need it covered for prayer and they should be able to pray throughout the day. 

It's always been interesting to me that Duggars & Bates never adopted that practice. The selective literalism of fundamentalists is all over the place.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Spoiler

fj1.thumb.jpg.5b0814ff8d59798b3920f56db5d265fd.jpgfj2.thumb.jpg.4dd3f7a312f8013a2dae6b6f5b1a60b9.jpg

Spoiler

the man in the one of the worst original videos Josh had just got jailed for 129  years 

Rot in hell ya fucking horror 

It popped up on my feed because he was Australian and the AFP posted it 

Sad day to be Aussie 

Added: CW for the above spoilers -- descriptions of a bad CSA case. 

the first one is the post on social media  and then I just reiterate that  but i thought better safe than sorry 

Edited by hoipolloi
Hoipolloi added CW
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:
  Hide contents

fj1.thumb.jpg.5b0814ff8d59798b3920f56db5d265fd.jpgfj2.thumb.jpg.4dd3f7a312f8013a2dae6b6f5b1a60b9.jpg

Hide contents

the man in the one of the worst original videos Josh had just got jailed for 129  years 

Sad day to be Aussie 

the first one is the post on social media  and then I just reiterate that  but i thought better safe than sorry 

I would add some serious trigger warnings to the post, but thanks for the update!!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

I would add some serious trigger warnings to the post, but thanks for the update!!

sorry I must have edited them out or put them accindently under the spoiler 

• Upvote 2

This is a good reminder that Josh Duggar remains a profoundly dangerous pedophile  and a generally f**ked up human being, based on his other sexual proclivities. 

What kind of treatment will he receive in his facility? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

There's a very mysterious verse in the epistles about women needing to cover their hair in worship "because of the angels." There are all sorts of takes on what this might mean, but the denominations where women wear head-coverings or lace doilies or some kind of "veil" take it literally. Some of them the women only wear it during corporate worship and others have women cover their heads all day since they need it covered for prayer and they should be able to pray throughout the day. 

It's always been interesting to me that Duggars & Bates never adopted that practice. The selective literalism of fundamentalists is all over the place.

I googled the why of veils during mass (at least Catholics). MOST churches I've been to - (was raised Catholic) - no on wears head coverings of any sort. My cousin and his family go to a seriously fundamentalist Catholic church and some women there (even ones who were raised WELL after the practice stopped) wear veils in church. I think it's for modesty. (I find it really distracting and wonder if it's supposed to humble yourself before God - one thing I read as the reason why to cover- if everyone is staring at you BECAUSE of this). 

Also - in some Mennonite circles - women cover their heads after marriage but not before. In a sign of submission to her husband (one source said). Some other site suggested that they should cover their heads to pray (bible says so) but that because they're ALWAYS supposed to be ready to pray - they always cover it. 

• Upvote 2

Please, mods, or someone add content warning for above post. Do not read hidden spoilers in 2nd post on this page if you don't want to know details about CSAM Josh viewed. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

31 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Please, mods, or someone add content warning for above post. Do not read hidden spoilers in 2nd post on this page if you don't want to know details about CSAM Josh viewed. 

Hi All -- Did what I could to insert a CW for that post. The formatting was tricky so I hope that the bold + large font will warn those who wish to avoid that content.

• Thank You 4

I don't even know why we need descriptions of it on this board. If people are really that curious, they can look it up themselves. It's beyond disgusting, even with a trigger warning. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

so sorry that was me 

I did initially have a warning then not realising edited it out

I feel awful and have sent myself to the prayer closet.

I did not mean to upset anyone 

• Love 20

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

so sorry that was me 

I did initially have a warning then not realising edited it out

I feel awful and have sent myself to the prayer closet.

I did not mean to upset anyone 

Thank you for this. We'll leave the prayer closet-shaming to the fundies; we all make mistakes - and I've made plenty on forums, so I get it. I didn't think you intended to traumatize anyone. I was panicky-distressed b/c I had successfully avoided knowing some of those disturbing details through the whole trial and was worried others would unwittingly click and skim too, though it looks like mods sorted it with a warning. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

On 11/16/2022 at 4:44 PM, neuroticcat said:

Thank you for this. We'll leave the prayer closet-shaming to the fundies; we all make mistakes - and I've made plenty on forums, so I get it. I didn't think you intended to traumatize anyone. I was panicky-distressed b/c I had successfully avoided knowing some of those disturbing details through the whole trial and was worried others would unwittingly click and skim too, though it looks like mods sorted it with a warning. 

thank you for your understanding big happy ju ju hugs to you 

• Upvote 2

@Meggo, you’re most likely a lot younger than I am. Hats for women in Catholic churches were de rigueur until about the mid-‘60s, post Vatican II. (May have varied by arch-diocese.) Head covering in church was such a big deal that I actually saw girls and women with a Kleenex bobby-pinned to the top of their head if they had to go into a church for some reason and had no hat or scarf with them. Around 1965, lace mantillas got popular (might have been Jackie Kennedy’s influence). And as the ‘60s waned, so did hats in church. This practice seems to have been common to a lot of mainstream Christian denominations—I saw the same trend (sans mantillas) in the Methodist, Congregationalist, and American Baptist churches my friends and relatives attended. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

It was indeed diocese by diocese in the 60s/early 70s. I transferred universities and went from hat wearing, dresses only, as much pre-Vatican II as they could get away with to outdoor folk mass in shorts and and sandals with obviously no head covering from one Sunday to the next.  There was a bit of welcome culture shock.

• Upvote 5

So all this talk is going on about Joy and Austin’s baby reveal party and who all was there. But apparently no sign of Anna. Or any of her kids. It’s not like Anna would have something else to do that day. Does this mean Joy (and Austin) are on the outs with Anna? Or could it mean Anna may have headed to Priscilla’s since Thanksgiving is coming up and she wants the kids to visit Joshy Boy for the holiday. 

In the video, Joy says they scheduled the party for a day when everyone they wanted to come could be there. Seems like a backhanded comment, because a lot of the fam wasn’t there, like Anna, Jessa, Jed and Katie, Josiah and Lauren. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Cam said:

So all this talk is going on about Joy and Austin’s baby reveal party and who all was there. But apparently no sign of Anna. Or any of her kids. It’s not like Anna would have something else to do that day. Does this mean Joy (and Austin) are on the outs with Anna? Or could it mean Anna may have headed to Priscilla’s since Thanksgiving is coming up and she wants the kids to visit Joshy Boy for the holiday. 

In the video, Joy says they scheduled the party for a day when everyone they wanted to come could be there. Seems like a backhanded comment, because a lot of the fam wasn’t there, like Anna, Jessa, Jed and Katie, Josiah and Lauren. 

I lurk on Duggar Snark over on Reddit and boy Jed is really disliked over there.

I thought Joy and Josiah were close.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Cam said:

I thought the same thing. But honestly, I don’t think Joy is the type to think it through. She didn’t stop to consider what that statement meant about the people who weren’t there. I don’t find Joy to be the brightest bulb in analyzing these types of scenarios.

I’m glad Jill was there. I don’t like the idea of JB ruining all her relationships with her siblings. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I thought the same thing. But honestly, I don’t think Joy is the type to think it through. She didn’t stop to consider what that statement meant about the people who weren’t there. I don’t find Joy to be the brightest bulb in analyzing these types of scenarios.

Critical thinking isn't taught in SOTDRT and is discouraged in Duggarville.

• Upvote 6

On 11/13/2022 at 9:47 PM, AussieKrissy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Sad day to be Aussie 

Added: CW for the above spoilers -- descriptions of a bad CSA case. 

The basic gist of it is the perpetrator from one of the really bad videos Josh watched has been caught. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

The basic gist of it is the perpetrator from one of the really bad videos Josh watched has been caught. 

He was already "caught" and in custody. He was sentenced in 2018 to life in prison in the Philippines and then for another 129 years on this most recent conviction (which combined the last 60! charges against him.) The prosecutors are suffering from trauma just from the things they had to see and learn about to get a conviction. I hope there is never another case like it. It's horrifying.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Per Cafe Mom some of Josh’s single siblings are moving out of the house due to disagreements with Anna over Josh’s guilt.

https://cafemom.com/tag/Josh Duggar

Hmmm this cites WOACB as the source so maybe wait for someone else to confirm this.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

I’m actually hoping the boys move out. But I don’t trust Katie Joy at all. So I will wait to see if we get actual proof they’ve moved out. Jason and James are currently on a road trip with some friends. 

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic