IGNORED

Dillards 92: Prosecuting All Of Us

samurai_sarah

53 minutes ago, Kayleigh83 said:

I think this is a big thing for people who are involved in very behaviour restrictive cults like this, especially if they have any kind of predisposition to think for themselves - eventually they're gonna see that all the doom and gloom forecast for basic every day things like wearing pants and "worldly" things like that are just complete bullshit. Because there's only so much you can really do to shelter someone from what 99% of the rest of the world is doing - the lies about those things will be exposed so, so quickly - it's kind of incredible they even try it in the first place. The second they get the least bit of exposure outside of what they've known growing up, they see the truth. Some will stay because they've become comfortable there or they're scared, but some (like Jill) will feel betrayed, lied to, and walk away.

Plus the fact that they wore skirts everyday didn’t stop them from being molested. They have to see that aspect as well. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3

27 minutes ago, flowergirl said:

I would like to be a fly on a wall in JB&M Duggar house these days. Hopefully the minors still at home are safe and none of this will make JB choose even stricter husbands for the remaining daughters. Hopefully some of the children can escape to their older siblings, but I'm not sure that'll happen. 

Actually JB and M deserve every moment of anxiety and angst that might come their way. They both have made so many bad and damning decisions over the years. And from my vantage point, it looks like others, mostly their own children, have suffered the majority of the fallout. 

Their eldest son repeatedly molested 4 of his sisters, yet none of those affected were given appropriate therapies post abuse. Further, JB and M continued to have more kids while living  in a 3 bedroom home where some kids were forced to sleep on the couch. Why didn’t M & JB relegate themselves to the couch? It might have worked as a decent BC method.  Even every day hygiene had to be rotated on a schedule as there were only 2 bathrooms. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4a751675d348b070553b93b97f455502.png

Anyone else seeing that they are #1 in Occult Cults and Demonism? Amazon ranking categories are really something...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 23

11 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I found it interesting that Alyssa Webster specified that not only did she and John get paid for appearing on the show, so did her kids. Now the question is whether the Websters (and the other adult kids) pocketed that money or put it in savings for their kids. 

Interestingly, Tennessee is on a list of states with Coogan Laws.  

https://www.morganstanley.com/articles/trust-account-for-child-performer

Edited by samurai_sarah
It,posted it 4 times/ mod edit to remove empty quotation boxes
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

23 hours ago, Cheetah said:

(singing) You gotta count the cost if you're gonna be a believer...........

Now I got that David Meece song in my head, and rabbit-trailing on that; David Meece is a Christian singer from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and has sort of gone under the radar as of late. I sent a message to his Facebook page asking if he's still alive......

Anyway, bless Jill and Derick. It just seems so long away till we get the books; now to go back to life; enjoy summer weather, piano recitals, work deadlines, and going through more post-break-up bull-oney. So I don't wonder who all will die between now and then.......

• Upvote 1

Jed is liking negative comments and got into a tiff with someone saying they don’t know their family. 

I don’t like Derrick very much and worry what he’ll do in his law career with conservative values. I do think he was the best thing to ever happen to Jill though. 

I will definitely read this in January and would be willing to summarize chapters if done one else hasn’t volunteered.

edit ok HOW am I messing up spoilers?? I click the eye icon and then upload and it never works for me. *tears hair out*

Spoiler

Spoiler

C3DAC095-F6E1-420C-919B-0D79EC00EBFF.jpeg

Edited by FleeJanaFree
  • Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 18

Whoa I thought no one in the borg will be publicly against the book, at least not this early through Instagram comments and activity.

• Upvote 11

So obviously now Jill and Derrick are not welcome in JB and Michelle’s world. Cause she has been with Michelle in the past couple of years not JB.. 

I can’t imagine how this would be going in the family, what are all the siblings saying to each other. I wonder if this is covered now in the book. 
especially during the trial when a few of the brothers went. 

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I still wonder if Cathy had been well and not fighting for her life in 2014, would Derick and Jill even be married?

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I’m betting that Cathy has been a good support for Jill, and also a main catalyst in Jill realizing that her parents, their decisions and purported values were/are not healthy or above board.

What a hard realization that one can believe in God, be kind and moral, attend services, schools and work for a living vs grifting and still be decent people.

While Jill and Derrick may not have been married if JB hadn’t gotten to him a vulnerable, God (or whatever power you believe in) was clearly watching out for Jill. Thank goodness that Jill and Derrick got married, for it saved her from everything we discuss here. Cathy, Deanna, and Amy have clearly all been a great support to Jill. If not for the stars aligning to put Derrick and Jill together, she would be married to some douche canoe and popping out babies, or maybe even have died in childbirth because she does not have easy deliveries. 

God was watching out for Jill and saved her from fundamentalism. I’m cheap as shit, but I’m buying the book and clicking and liking any post she makes about it. Whatever tea she spills, big or small (and I think it’s going to be lot), she deserves to be applauded for making it out and building a normal life. I hope they make tons of money from the book and karma allows Jill the opportunity to rub it in JB’s face.

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I wonder how many of the brothers are believing the horseshit about Caleb Williams? Jill is burning it all down and I'm glad she is. Of course the ones who are being supported by JB are going to close ranks, gotta keep that grift going. See, that's the thing about hiding and lying...eventually it ALL comes out. 

Jill and Dereck are not dependent on JB for their livelihood. He's got a good job with the ability to make serious bank. They've consciously limited their family size, I mean, they've been married like 9 years and just had the third kid. They can support themselves just fine and don't need to rely on anyone. So, Jill has written this book and I hope she makes a few bucks off it too. The man behind the curtain has been exposed...

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, flowergirl said:

I would like to be a fly on a wall in JB&M Duggar house these days. Hopefully the minors still at home are safe and none of this will make JB choose even stricter husbands for the remaining daughters. Hopefully some of the children can escape to their older siblings, but I'm not sure that'll happen. 

Oh, wrong thread. I'm sorry. I wanted to post this in the Duggar Family thread. 

The Duggars Snark subreddit seems to have come to the conclusion that Derek attacked Jazz Jennings as a way to get his family out of their Counting On contract, rather than because he's just a total transphobe.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 6

@indianabones that’s a bit of a stretch, isn’t it? Any journey away from JB and that  abusive cult is great news and hopefully their children will have better experiences than Jill did as a child. However Jill and Derrick remain conservative Christians - Jill has reiterated she believes marriage can only be between a man and woman, Derrick voted for Trump because of abortion. 
I’ve no doubt he enjoyed making things difficult for the Duggar brand, but going after a trans teenager in order to do so is a particularly hateful way of doing it. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 10

Jed Duggar gets a lot of heat for his comment. Here are Without a crystal balls creations to it.

Unfortunately I can't find the original comment Jed reacted on. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230601_132321.jpg

Screenshot_20230601_133432.jpg

Screenshot_20230601_133503.jpg

And here two more comments that caught my attention. 

One is from someone on Derricks side of the family, I guess. 

And one person reacted with Freddie Mercury in women's cloths. Which to fundies must be straight from hell 

Screenshot_20230601_132413.jpg

Screenshot_20230601_132545.jpg

OK, I fugured out how to create a spoiler mask. But how do I get my fotos inside? And how do I place the fotos in the place I want them to be? They're always at the end first, then I edit the text again to put them where I want to have them. 

Edited by flowergirl
  • Upvote 6

WHOA! I know she’s often questionable, but I love withoutacrystalball’s reply to friggin’ Jed! 

I got a digital loan of Jinger’s book from the library but never read it. But I will get Jill’s from the library and read it. 

I figure the Dillards were smart enough to negotiate a great book deal and will make serious ka-ching off of it. I personally love that they will profit big time by running 19KAC and the Duggar name through the mud. JB has to stand by and watch. Seriously, what can he even say in his own defense?

As someone mentioned, smart of the Dillards to announce the book as the documentary rolls out. I’ve literally read hundreds of memoirs, tell-alls, autobiographies and look forward to reading what Jill (and Derick) have to say. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

13 minutes ago, Cam said:

JB has to stand by and watch. Seriously, what can he even say in his own defense?

"We love Jill and continue to pray for her and her family." Implying, of course, that Jill (and husband) caused the rift and only gawd can heal them. It's very possible he and Michelle won't address the book at all but use the kids, such as Jed and maybe Jessa, to make family approved statements. For me, there aren't enough vile words to describe JB.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

I didn't bother with Jinger's book but I preordered this one. Jill deserves all the royalties, and her parents can just fuck off down the road.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

JB & M, if they have any sense, will stay quiet. However don’t forget JB thought he’d win an election while Josh was facing CSA images charges - he has a tremendously inflated sense of his own wisdom and importance.

The book will shake down the the JB followers - Jed has outed himself early. I seriously doubt any of the daughters will come out in support - Jessa and Joy will probably maintain a relationship with both their parents and Jill, but keep their views private. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

42 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

JB & M, if they have any sense, will stay quiet. However don’t forget JB thought he’d win an election while Josh was facing CSA images charges - he has a tremendously inflated sense of his own wisdom and importance.

The book will shake down the the JB followers - Jed has outed himself early. I seriously doubt any of the daughters will come out in support - Jessa and Joy will probably maintain a relationship with both their parents and Jill, but keep their views private. 

I think so too. Jessa is obviously in the family circle but she has stayed very close to Jill, she was the only one to attend her baby shower for baby #3.  I can't imagine Jessa speaking out against her parents OR Jill. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Here’s another thing I like about Jill’s book. Any time a Duggar dude runs for office now, his opponent(s) will have so much more mud to sling. Articles about the family will most often include a blurb about Jill’s take on things. I’m thinking this is one reason why Jed is already so outspoken about the upcoming book. He’s realizing that a tell-all will put a stop to his political aspirations. It’s also gotta piss him off that a woman is being so outspoken. I mean that ain’t the way an IBLP female behaves. He must think Jill gonna rot in hell. But the truth is she drivin’ her way out of it! 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 32
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, Cam said:

Here’s another thing I like about Jill’s book. Any time a Duggar dude runs for office now, his opponent(s) will have so much more mud to sling. Articles about the family will most often include a blurb about Jill’s take on things. I’m thinking this is one reason why Jed is already so outspoken about the upcoming book. He’s realizing that a tell-all will put a stop to his political aspirations. It’s also gotta piss him off that a woman is being so outspoken. I mean that ain’t the way a IBLP female is supposed to behave.

Jed is all in. He is doing marriage seminars, he and his wife are.prpud about their creepy courtship in which she she no say, his kids are going to be less than 13 months apart. He is a chip right off the old block and I am sure it infuriates him that a woman might be bringing the whole house of cards down. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 20
  • Thank You 1

JB has always given off creeper vibes, IMO.

And Jill confirmed that when she said that they used to have to walk on egg shells around him because he was not very nice. There was also something about Michelle having to place a hand on his arm to remind him to calm down. This did not surprise me at all.

JB takes religion so literally that I think he considers himself on par with Jesus.

JB never thought that he needed to do all the work that life requires and just assumed that he and his would always be taken care of. In this regard, he has instilled this same thought in the minds of many of his offspring.

Most people see right through this BS.

Unfortunately his adult kids are now at a disadvantage in terms of the workings of the real world.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

Just pre-ordered my copy.  With a $10 Amazon gift card and extra points, it was a no-brainer.  Look forward to reading it and I hope Derick's tell-all hints don't disappoint us.  

• Upvote 3

I pre-ordered the Kindle but I might switch to the hardcover as this could make a good travel book. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, indianabones said:

The Duggars Snark subreddit seems to have come to the conclusion that Derek attacked Jazz Jennings as a way to get his family out of their Counting On contract, rather than because he's just a total transphobe.

(I’m pushing back against Duggar snark, not you)

Derrick berating a child was a douchebag move, regardless of why he did it. He hasn’t retracted it or issued any sort of apology. It seems he’s been a good influence on Jill. It also seems like he’s a homophobic, transphobic bigot who voted for Drumpf. Both can be true. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic