IGNORED

Dillards 92: Prosecuting All Of Us

samurai_sarah

Remember when JB staged that fake physical challenge for Ben, Derick and maybe JD/Joe that was filmed for the show? I think there was zip lining and rappelling? Derick just looked at JB like it was a joke. I think the Duggar boy refused to rappel. I don’t remember how Ben did, but Derick was clearly unchallenged.

• Upvote 1

Jill is promoting a Christian marriage app which has date ideas, "sexploration", games, challenges and tips. 

She made a reel of them watching Tiger King/doing chores before the app then doing one of the date challenges now they have the app. I love that she specifically chose ballroom dancing and she and Derrick are practicing dance steps. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230202_171442.thumb.jpg.51e293a6b98222de21b9d7f4b652eb1e.jpgScreenshot_20230202_171410.thumb.jpg.c69b6521a3aa643f0dc1a99dca1bd0fc.jpgScreenshot_20230202_171424.thumb.jpg.ba107d73d3b9f2c3b4001e8a5ea8632d.jpg

Jill and Jinger openly trashing the strict rules they were raised with and being publicly praised must be sending JB into a mega rage. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 8

I have to say, this is one of the better ads I’ve seen from any of the Duggars! She really took the time to show off all the features of the app, to the point that if I wasn’t single, I’d probably actually look into it. And I’m an atheist who doesn’t usually have nice things to say about anything marketed with a Christian spin 🤣 

Good job, Jill- honestly this is one of those moments that speaks volumes about how much JB held his kids back in life. She was pretty insufferable for years, and as she has stepped away from her family and grown into her own person, she really seems to have relaxed, become comfortable in her own skin, and persevered to learn new skills like marketing and editing. She’s not a social media expert or anything, and I have no doubt she and Derick still hold a lot of beliefs I wouldn’t agree with, but I really commend her for her growth recent years. She and Jinger aren’t out of the woods when it comes to the oppressive parts of Christianity, but I am impressed by their small steps away from being pretty girls who simply smile and have no skills, to women who are speaking up and learning new things despite the challenges that come with that. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

In the comments on her Instagram, Jill says their therapist recommended Tiger King, so it’s good to hear they have continued to seek professional help to work through issues. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Also I want to add that Jill's paid partnerships are so much more natural and engaging than some of her sister's attempts. 

If you look at Jessa's recent reel where she's selling an "education" app, she's just reading a script and has a few clips of her kids thrown in. The same for her scam health insurance videos. 

Jill has clearly spent time planning how to show her product in a natural way whilst still hitting all the key points. I wonder of she feels safer sharing her voice and personality because she is not vocally in support of/financially tied to her parents and receives so much positive feedback from her followers. 

• Upvote 8

Jessa always acts like she is phoning in any of her paid promotions. I put it down to a combination of being a tired mother of young kids and Duggar entitlement - she was brought up in a situation where her parents got paid and free stuff for being Duggars and she expects the same. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Jessa always acts like she is phoning in any of her paid promotions. I put it down to a combination of being a tired mother of young kids and Duggar entitlement - she was brought up in a situation where her parents got paid and free stuff for being Duggars and she expects the same. 

Was she the Duggar who said “If God intended us to see sunrise he would have made it later in the day”? 

I would never put the words, Duggar, hard work and hustle in the same sentence.

• Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Also I want to add that Jill's paid partnerships are so much more natural and engaging than some of her sister's attempts. 

If you look at Jessa's recent reel where she's selling an "education" app, she's just reading a script and has a few clips of her kids thrown in. The same for her scam health insurance videos. 

Jill has clearly spent time planning how to show her product in a natural way whilst still hitting all the key points. I wonder of she feels safer sharing her voice and personality because she is not vocally in support of/financially tied to her parents and receives so much positive feedback from her followers. 

Could it be because of the different influences their husbands had on them? Jill watched Derick dedicate time to getting a law degree. She saw that it required being thorough, paying attention to details, putting forth effort and doing a lot more than the minimum to earn the degree. She no doubt picked up better habits from him than Jessa has from Ben. I’m not even sure what Ben does with his time.

But, both women may do fine with their own approaches. It reminds me of working with teachers. Some were absolutely incredible and then there were a few completely horrible ones who seemed to do less than the bare minimum and I couldn’t believe they got away with it. But they did and no matter what, all the teachers got the same paycheck and  their union backed them all.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Cam said:

But, both women may do fine with their own approaches. It reminds me of working with teachers. Some were absolutely incredible and then there were a few completely horrible ones who seemed to do less than the bare minimum and I couldn’t believe they got away with it. But they did and no matter what, all the teachers got the same paycheck and  their union backed them all.

I'd be curious to know the bottom line return.  Does Jill's approach generate more sales than Jessa's approach? 

To wit: part of my job involves grant writing. I spend a lot of time crafting the applications, making sure that each one is unique and updated each time I submit it. My predecessor apparently used to just copy and paste from year to year and from foundation to foundation. I was aghast at first, but the truth is, my way takes a lot more time and so far has not resulted in any more grant money!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I'd be curious to know the bottom line return.  Does Jill's approach generate more sales than Jessa's approach? 

To wit: part of my job involves grant writing. I spend a lot of time crafting the applications, making sure that each one is unique and updated each time I submit it. My predecessor apparently used to just copy and paste from year to year and from foundation to foundation. I was aghast at first, but the truth is, my way takes a lot more time and so far has not resulted in any more grant money!

Hard to know. Are their target audiences the same? Not to be judgmental, but the Dillards and Seewalds are not even in the same ballpark in terms of potential financial security. Sure, Ben could get his act fully together and make a career change, but that would require time, effort and money. Out of all the Duggar in-laws, DD is the only one who seems to be both capable and willing to do what needs to be done. Yes, he stumbled in the early days, but he has course corrected and he and Jill seem healthier for it. 

Also, I think Jill, like Jinger, is a people pleaser, while Jessa never had any Effs to give.

• Upvote 18

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Out of all the Duggar in-laws, DD is the only one who seems to be both capable and willing to do what needs to be done. Yes, he stumbled in the early days, but he has course corrected and he and Jill seem healthier for it. 

I wonder if Jeremy V will ever course correct himself? I'm doubtful he wants to and he may end up the biggest flim-flam man of them all. Derick had a much rockier start from his beginnings in Duggarland (that we saw) and it never occurred to me that he could or would work to support a family.

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Idlewild said:

In the comments on her Instagram, Jill says their therapist recommended Tiger King, so it’s good to hear they have continued to seek professional help to work through issues. 

Wait what? Their therapist recommended… Tiger King?? Why?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Smee said:

I am wondering about that too. My husband watched it but I was so revolted by the whole thing, I wouldn't. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

She says ‘our therapist was the first to tell us about it’ so I took that as meaning the therapist was just discussing TV shows in passing conversation, rather than prescribing it as therapy! 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Was she the Duggar who said “If God intended us to see sunrise he would have made it later in the day”? 

I would never put the words, Duggar, hard work and hustle in the same sentence.

I agree with your sentiment about Duggars, hard work and hustle - but I'm just going to say, that, if I believed in God, I'd be saying the same as Jessa. Though I will say that I am coming from it from the perspective of someone who has voluntarily always done most of their work through the night, so sunrise was always too early for me. The cult of early morning people being better needs to die...
In my case, school and my mother had to enforce an early get up time (spoiler: it sucked; you can be knackered, but still not sleep until 3 am - I still had to be up at 7 every day, yuck!) which I complied with, until I was 16, then I took one day a week off from school with a headache (I just needed to sleep!). The Duggars, of course, took pride in their "Duggar time", which is unacceptable. Rude and bad planning, no bed time for the little kids etc, and a total lack of consideration for others; the rest of us are stuck in a world that assumes early morning people are just better. And the Duggars refuse to do anything properly, so basically everything most of them do is half-arsed, regardless of what time they get up to do it.
I have a friend who went to MIT, back in the 80/90s; she said it was a revelation when the earliest lectures were at 10 instead of 8 am. Like, where did all these students come from?! And I recently saw a tweet from a gerontologist who lectures med students. Apparently, she has single-handedly saved more grandparents in one term (by making her lectures a couple of hours later) than she has in an entire career of geriatrics!

• Upvote 18

7 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I was aghast at first, but the truth is, my way takes a lot more time and so far has not resulted in any more grant money!

I don't know what area you are in, but in my old area (astrophysics) your way was the way people would start off. They would soon stop doing what you are doing, as largely, it turns out: funding is assigned to people you know/who do your stuff. It would also end up often being the post-docs who had to write the applications. So, compete for extremely limited funding opportunities as a post doc (and thus get no time to do research): if successful, OK; if not, as most, get judged on your publications - except you spent your post doc years writing grant applications, so good luck with any applications for a permanent job.

I was a theoretical (stellar) astrophysicist, so we are cheap, lol! But really, people who needed telescope time, supercomputer clusters, often missed out, unless they were exceptional -  unless they happened to be "downline" of the group leaders (it's all a bit Plexus, come to think of it) or doing a particularly fashionable, on trend thing (and yes, astrophysics might as well have its own catwalks, complete with "nude" emperor-has-no-clothes fashions too!)

@Idlewildyes, that sounded ridiculous! I can only imagine that it was just mentioned in passing! Though, perhaps this means they don't go to a "christian" therapist - surely their type of christian wouldn't watch, let alone recommend, openly gay "Joe Tiger"? Of course, my therapist wouldn't recommend it because of the animal abuse (also, he's German, I don't know if TK made it here?) I also wouldn't watch it, but it was such a pop culture thing in the early pandemic times, even I have a vauge opinion about whether Carol smothered her husband in tinned sardines.... )

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bobology said:

I wonder if Jeremy V will ever course correct himself? I'm doubtful he wants to and he may end up the biggest flim-flam man of them all. Derick had a much rockier start from his beginnings in Duggarland (that we saw) and it never occurred to me that he could or would work to support a family.

He seems to have put Jinger to work, instead of supporting his family all on his own. He likes his cake (the control) and wants to eat it too (making Jinger do all the work).

• Upvote 7

I look at Jinger and I look at Jill and it’s very obvious who has had therapy. Jill seems to see her parents more clearly than Jinger. Man I wish Jinger would get therapy too. But I’m guessing Jeremy wouldn’t allow that. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I look at Jinger and I look at Jill and it’s very obvious who has had therapy. Jill seems to see her parents more clearly than Jinger. Man I wish Jinger would get therapy too. But I’m guessing Jeremy wouldn’t allow that. 

Jinger doesn’t have time to make her personal health care a priority. She’s too busy, writing books, doing the circuit to promote the books, making pod casts, shooting cooking videos, taking care of the house and kids and selling her own brand of coffee. As Jinger works her ass off to support her family, Jeremy reads books and drinks coffee. Jinger traded one, lazy, male, Earth side master for another.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Smee said:

That jumped out to me as well, are they in couples therapy? 

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope Jinger gets some sort of therapy even if it’s a support group. I attend a non- therapy support group for women who are survivors of child sexual abuse and it’s helped me so much. I’ve learned skills and mental health wise I’ve come so much further. 

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Jinger doesn’t have time to make her personal health care a priority. She’s too busy, writing books, doing the circuit to promote the books, making pod casts, shooting cooking videos, taking care of the house and kids and selling her own brand of coffee. As Jinger works her ass off to support her family, Jeremy reads books and drinks coffee. Jinger traded one, lazy, male, Earth side master for another.

Just like we’ve seen growth from her I hope she grows to recognize this and demand changes she needs in her relationship. 

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

That jumped out to me as well, are they in couples therapy? 

I hope Jinger gets some sort of therapy even if it’s a support group. I attend a non- therapy support group for women who are survivors of child sexual abuse and it’s helped me so much. I’ve learned skills and mental health wise I’ve come so much further. 

Just like we’ve seen growth from her I hope she grows to recognize this and demand changes she needs in her relationship. 

Jinger needs to get way more comfortable rumbling. If she doesn’t, she will forever be taken advantage of. She desperately needs therapy to figure out how to get HER needs met in a HEALTHY manner.

• Upvote 4

Tiger King is pretty intense for someone with Jill's upbringing.  There was a lot that floored me, a very liberal atheist.  I didn't finish the first season because I got distracted about 2/3 through, but I can't imagine it got less bizarre.

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Tiger King is pretty intense for someone with Jill's upbringing.  There was a lot that floored me, a very liberal atheist.  I didn't finish the first season because I got distracted about 2/3 through, but I can't imagine it got less bizarre.

That was one of the shows that provided so many slang references that I felt I had to watch it. It was COVID peer pressure. How many Carole Baskin references do you have to hear before you watch that bad boy? Hard to believe people like them walk the Earth. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:59 AM, Idlewild said:

I also wonder if some of the reality TV habits are not as good for ads. Like I think the talking heads were about sitting with good posture, smiling, repeating the question asked in your answer and stuff like that. I imagine if she spent years doing that then attempted ads with those skills and no direction it would be a rough outcome.  

On 2/3/2023 at 2:37 PM, Idlewild said:

She says ‘our therapist was the first to tell us about it’ so I took that as meaning the therapist was just discussing TV shows in passing conversation, rather than prescribing it as therapy! 

The therapist told them about Tiger King or about the app? 

I don’t know if they are anti-therapy beyond that but I think MacArthir’s church encourages “biblical” nouthetic counseling. They have a whole degree program in it at the university.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic