IGNORED

Dillards 92: Prosecuting All Of Us

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I will buy a book only if I think I'll reread it or treasure it some other way. But it shouldn't be much longer at the library. I'm finishing two other books on my day off today so I'm ready for it. 

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-12 at 10.39.19.jpeg

I’m waiting on my library copy too! To be honest, I’m a member of multiple libraries and so I am waiting to see wgig one comes through for me first 

• Upvote 3

On 9/9/2023 at 11:47 PM, FleeJanaFree said:

This book certainly seems leagues more interesting than Jinger’s. I struggled a bit with the choice between library vs purchase, as J&D still have done hateful beliefs and I greatly worry D will use his law degree to uphold/enforce conservative crap. However, I truly appreciate that they have done therapy, unpacked some shit, and are bravely speaking out against Jimbob and the IBLP. I’ve decided to buy the audiobook. I am willing to summarize on free Jinger if y’all don’t mind it taking a full 1-2 days. (I can read much much faster than I can listen, but I am curious to hear Jill’s words in her own voice) 

I understand this. For me personally, I bought it after finding out that Jill didn't want Israel's birth filmed and had it aired against her wishes. I watched it and came here to snark when it aired, thinking that Jill fully consented. I just recently gave birth for the second time, and I didn't even want medical students present because it is such an intimate moment. And Jill wasn't even paid for it. So for me, this isn't about her beliefs now. It's about pay back for watching her give birth against her will. I don't know if that makes sense, but for me it's just paying what I feel like I owe. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic