Trump 58: Bringing Covfefe to a Battle of Wits With The FBI

GreyhoundFan

Oh, for pity sake:

• Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Oh, for pity sake:

Why yes, yes I did. I just didn't realize the Antichrist was supposed to come from the United States.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 14

I’m guessing his late night hamberders and morning Diet Coke hit the wall at Mar-a-Loco. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I’m guessing his late night hamberders and morning Diet Coke hit the wall at Mar-a-Loco. 

I think it should be too humiliating at any time.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

41 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And now he is going to "spill the beans" on secret stuff he knows about Desantis, stuff his own wife doesn't even know...... 

He has such a long and storied history of telling the truth that of COURSE I'm going to believe whatever he says.

• Haha 11

He's apparently announcing another run on the 15th. I'm busily making a new avatar since past me was a moron who didn't think through the obvious of COURSE he's going to run again and tossed them all when he was fired dragged kicking and screaming out the WH not reelected in 2020.

Y'all, I do NOT want to do this again.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

I guess Donnie and Ronnie are going to be playing “mine is bigger than yours” for the foreseeable future. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

The big baby is worried about Ron DeSantis -- and he should be.  I fear that DeSantis is the future of the Republican Party.  That means that they'll continue to whine, lie, break laws, sling mud, and be as despicable as possible if they think it means they can hold onto power.

I read that Donny's advisors want him to wait until the runoff in the GA race.  I doubt that he will.  That means that Warnock can use the threat of another Trump term and that can only help.  The truth is that Donny looks weak now and there's now way to play this off.  He's no longer the kingmaker and many in the party and starting to say out loud that they want him gone.

This should be interesting.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I guess Donnie and Ronnie are going to be playing “mine is bigger than yours” for the foreseeable future. 

People with teeny peenies must always compare...

• Upvote 10

9 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

And now he is going to "spill the beans" on secret stuff he knows about Desantis, stuff his own wife doesn't even know...... 

Pretty sure DeSantis is going to run for president, so I’ll take any mud Fucknut wants to throw in his direction. Hopefully it’s entertaining mud. If we’re going to be put through an emotional wringer every two years now, I at least want something a little popcorn worthy. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

4 hours ago, Xan said:

The big baby is worried about Ron DeSantis -- and he should be.  I fear that DeSantis is the future of the Republican Party. 

I know he's popular in Florida, but I'm not sure about how he'll fare anywhere else. He's an ugly, nasty little shit with zero charisma. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

17 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Why yes, yes I did. I just didn't realize the Antichrist was supposed to come from the United States.

Wasn't it supposed to be Romania? The Carpathian mountains? (Still WTFing over Left Behind, obviously...)

Strangely enough the first time I encountered Rapture theology (late 80s I think) the Anti-Christ was definitely going to be either Soviet (probably US-derived theory) or American (almost certainly local). It's been interesting watching it evolve.

• Upvote 8

11 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Wasn't it supposed to be Romania? The Carpathian mountains? (Still WTFing over Left Behind, obviously...)

Strangely enough the first time I encountered Rapture theology (late 80s I think) the Anti-Christ was definitely going to be either Soviet (probably US-derived theory) or American (almost certainly local). It's been interesting watching it evolve.

When I was in college a classmate gave a speech arguing it was Saddam Hussein. My only argument against it being Dolt 45 is that I always thought the Antichrist would be smart and savvy and not be afraid of stairs. Also something tells me AC would be a wickedly good dancer. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

When I was in college a classmate gave a speech arguing it was Saddam Hussein. My only argument against it being Dolt 45 is that I always thought the Antichrist would be smart and savvy and not be afraid of stairs. Also something tells me AC would be a wickedly good dancer. 

I was always under the impression that the AC would be a unifier and people would all just love him. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I always saw him as an evil James Bond, seducing his way into hearts and minds. 

But I guess he could be a tangerine spray tanned buffoon. 

Six of one… 🤷‍♀️😆

• Haha 8

29 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

It’s really worth clicking through to the judge’s order, especially the last couple of pages where he quotes Trump’s counsel being interviewed by Sean Hannity.  Love those “gotcha” moments. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Oh, I bet the ketchup is flying at Mar-a-Loco:

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

It’s really worth clicking through to the judge’s order, especially the last couple of pages where he quotes Trump’s counsel being interviewed by Sean Hannity.  Love those “gotcha” moments. 

“Not just initiated by a shotgun pleading, this was a shotgun lawsuit. Thirty-one individuals and organizations were summoned to court, forced to hire lawyers to defend against frivolous claims. The only common thread against them was Mr. Trump’s animus.”

Beautifully brutal. 

• I Agree 6

5 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

This is my favorite part:  "Every claim was frivolous, most barred by settled, well-established existing law. These were political grievances masquerading as legal claims. This cannot be attributed to incompetent lawyering. It was a deliberate use of the judicial system to pursue a political agenda. But the courts are not intended for performative litigation for purposes of fundraising and political statements. See Saltany v. Reagan, 886 F.2d. 438 (D.C. Cir. 1989).5 It is harmful to the rule of law, portrays judges as partisans, and diverts resources that should be directed to real harms and legitimate legal claims. The judiciary should not countenance this behavior and it should be deterred by significant sanctions."

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

This snippet from a related article answered a question I had about whether any of the other multitudinous defendants were planning to file for attorney fees or sanctions:

After the judge threw out the lawsuit, Dolan quickly filed a request for sanctions. But a large group of defendants in the case, including Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee. separately filed a joint request for sanctions, which remains pending before the judge.

Seattle Times article with another sanctions detail (may be behind paywall)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic