IGNORED

Trump 58: Bringing Covfefe to a Battle of Wits With The FBI

GreyhoundFan

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

I just came to post this.  Also, the Manchurian Cantaloupe. 

I’m filing it away for the next time I need to stay somewhat family friendly in my description of fuck face. 

• Upvote 6

I have no doubt there have been nicknames for Biden and Obama but I highly doubt any have been nearly as clever or funny as the ones people have come up with for Dolt 45. My Trumper mother still uses “Slick Willy” for Clinton and uses “Sleepy Joe” for Biden. She uses certain words/names for Obama but not in my presence as she learned decades ago that I will not allow her to speak that way in my presence or the Taquitos’ presence. But she (and the other Trumpers who use nicknames for Dems which, again, are pretty lame) get soooooo upset when the Taquitos and I use the funny ones we hear. Like @47of74, I will need to file Count of Mostly Crisco and Manchurian Cantaloupe for future use! 

• Upvote 11

There is a wonderful source of nicknames for TFG.

After Trump left office, Stephen Colbert decided he would never say his name on the air again. Graphics have always displayed T**** since then, treating it like the disgusting swear word it is.

But, of course, they needed a way to refer to him, since he'd still be in the news. So they asked viewers to send in potential nicknames via Twitter, referring to the project as "he who shall be named."

Whenever they use one of them, the person who sent it in gets credit at the bottom of the screen, using their Twitter handle. Here's the first time they were used:

Spoiler

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

Mango Mussolini is in meltdown again.  Here's his TruthSocial just now:

634536469_Screenshot(11519).png.05c6291ab9f131b27f830b8ed44e307c.png

He phoned into Fox News with Brian Kilmeade and called Bob Woodward a sleaze and said that the tapes that Woodward used belong to him and he's going to sue Woodward.  Now he he's calling NARA and the FBI corrupt because they dared to rat him out.  

There's an article up on Raw Story that said his crowds are getting smaller and he's not going to any competitive Senate seat states anytime soon.  Wonder how long it will be before the big baby leaves the country?

ETA:  And there's this.  Apparently it has leaked that among the classified papers that he stole and took to Mar-a-Lago were files about Iran's missile program as well as intelligence work on China.  No wonder he's sweating today.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 12

The committee has officially subpoenaed the Count of Mostly Crisco.

The House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol announced on Friday that the panel has officially sent a subpoena to former President Donald Trump as it paints him as the central figure in the multi-step plan to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

The committee issued the subpoena to try to compel Trump to sit for a deposition under oath and to provide documents. The panel is ordering Trump turn over documents by November 4 and “one or more days of deposition testimony beginning on or about November 14.” Unlike with previous subpoena announcements, the committee released the entire subpoena it sent to Trump along with the documents it is requesting.

While it is not clear if Trump will comply with the subpoena, the action serves as a way for the committee to set down a marker and make clear they want information directly from Trump as the panel investigates the attack.

“As demonstrated in our hearings, we have assembled overwhelming evidence, including from dozens of your former appointees and staff, that you personally orchestrated and oversaw a multi-part effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election and to obstruct the peaceful transition of power,” the committee wrote in its letter.

Here's the actual subpoena.  @Xan this might also be the reason why fuck face is having a meltdown today.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Xan said:

ETA:  And there's this.  Apparently it has leaked that among the classified papers that he stole and took to Mar-a-Lago were files about Iran's missile program as well as intelligence work on China.  No wonder he's sweating today.

From the WaPo:

Some of the classified documents recovered by the FBI from Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home and private club included highly sensitive intelligence regarding Iran and China, according to people familiar with the matter. If shared with others, the people said, such information could expose intelligence-gathering methods that the United States wants to keep hidden from the world.

At least one of the documents seized by the FBI describes Iran’s missile program, according to these people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation. Other documents described highly sensitive intelligence work aimed at China, they said.

Unauthorized disclosures of specific information in the documents would pose multiple risks, experts say. People aiding U.S. intelligence efforts could be endangered, and collection methods could be compromised. In addition, other countries or U.S. adversaries could retaliate against the United States for actions it has taken in secret.

The classified documents about Iran and China are considered among the most sensitive the FBI has recovered to date in its investigation of Trump and his aides for possible mishandling of classified information, obstruction and destruction of government records, the people said.

The former president has denied wrongdoing in having the documents at Mar-a-Lago, claiming in a recent television interview that he declassified any documents in his possession, and that a president can declassify information “even by thinking about it.” National security lawyers have derided those claims.

A Trump spokesman did not immediately respond to requests for comment Friday morning. But after this article published, Trump posted on social media, decrying what he called leaks “on the Document Hoax” and suggesting that the FBI and the National Archives and Records Administration were trying to frame him.

“Who could ever trust corrupt, weaponized agencies, and that includes NARA,” Trump wrote. “...Also who knows what NARA and the FBI plant into documents, or subtract from documents — we will never know, will we?"

Some of the most sensitive materials were recovered in the FBI’s court-approved search of Trump’s home on Aug. 8, in which agents seized about 13,000 documents, 103 of them classified and 18 of them top secret, according to court papers.

Those papers were the third batch of classified documents recovered in the course of the investigation. Boxes voluntarily sent from Mar-a-Lago to the National Archives and Records Administration earlier this year were found to contain 184 classified documents, 25 of which were marked top secret, according to court records. In June, Trump’s representatives responded to a subpoena by giving investigators 38 additional classified documents.

The Washington Post has previously reported that one of the documents seized in the FBI search described a foreign country’s military defenses, including its nuclear capabilities. The people discussing the case would not say if that intelligence related to Iran, China or some other nation. Iran’s missile program and nuclear capabilities are closely watched by the Western world; U.S. intelligence agencies believe Tehran is close to having enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon, but has not demonstrated the mastery of some technologies necessary to deploy such weapons, such as the ability to integrate a nuclear warhead with a long-range delivery system.

The people familiar with the matter said that many of the more sensitive documents Trump or his aides apparently took to Mar-a-Lago after he left the White House are top-level analysis papers that do not contain sources’ names. But even without individual identifiers, such documents can provide valuable clues to foreign adversaries about how the United States may be gathering intelligence, and from whom, the people said.

Some of the seized documents detail top-secret U.S. operations so closely guarded that many senior national security officials are not informed about them, The Post reported in September. Only the president, some members of his Cabinet or a near-Cabinet-level official could authorize government officials to know details of these special-access programs, people have said. Investigators conducting the Mar-a-Lago probe did not initially have the authority to review that material.

The new information about the documents obtained by The Post highlight what current and former intelligence officials say was the inherent risk posed by removing highly classified material from strictly guarded government buildings and keeping them in a private club filled with staffers, guests and visitors.

David Laufman, a former senior Justice Department official who handled cases involving mishandling of classified information, said the “exceptional sensitivity” of the material found at Mar-a-Lago will count as an aggravating factor as prosecutors weigh whether to file charges in the case.

“The exceptional sensitivity of these documents, and the reckless exposure of invaluable sources and methods of U.S. intelligence capabilities concerning these foreign adversaries, will certainly influence the Justice Department’s determination of whether to charge Mr. Trump or others with willful retention of national defense information under the Espionage Act,” Laufman said.

The FBI referred questions about the documents to the Justice Department, which declined to comment for this article.

Trump and his most ardent supporters have dismissed the criminal probe as an effort to undermine the former president — who remains the most influential figure in the Republican Party and talks openly about running for the White House again in 2024.

Officials at the National Archives began seeking the return of government records from the Trump administration last year, after officials came to believe that some records — such as letters from North Korean leader Kim Jong Un — were unaccounted for, and perhaps in Trump’s possession.

After months of back and forth, Trump agreed in January to turn over 15 boxes of material. When archivists examined the boxes, they found 184 documents marked classified, including 25 marked top secret, which were scattered throughout the boxes in no particular order, according to court filings.

Archives officials notified the Justice Department, and authorities soon came to believe that Trump had not turned over all the classified material in his possession. Justice officials secured a grand jury subpoena in May, seeking any documents still at Mar-a-Lago that bore classified markings. In response, Trump’s advisers met with government agents and prosecutors at Mar-a-Lago in early June, handing over a sealed envelope containing another 38 classified documents, including 17 marked top secret, according to court papers.

According to government filings, Trump’s representatives claimed at the meeting that a diligent search had been conducted for all classified documents at the club.

That meeting, which included a visit to the storage room where Trump’s advisers said the relevant boxes of documents were kept, did not satisfy investigators, who were not allowed to inspect the boxes they saw in the storage room, according to government court filings.

Five days later, senior Justice Department official Jay Bratt wrote to Trump’s lawyers to remind them that Mar-a-Lago “does not include a secure location authorized for the storage of classified information.” Bratt wrote that based on the visit, it appeared classified documents “have not been handled in an appropriate manner or stored in an appropriate location.”

“Accordingly, we ask that the room at Mar-a-Lago where the documents had been stored be secured and that all of the boxes that were moved from the White House to Mar-a-Lago (along with any other items in that room) be preserved in that room in their current condition until further notice.”

Agents continued to gather evidence that Trump was apparently not complying with either government requests or subpoena demands. According to people familiar with the investigation, security camera footage showed boxes being carried from the storage area after the May subpoena was issued — and a key witness told the FBI that he moved the boxes at Trump’s instruction.

With that evidence in hand, the Justice Department decided to seek a judge’s approval to search the former president’s home.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

I have questions:  Who may have read the documents?  Who may have discussed the documents?  Who may have been on the other side of any of these discussions?  It's not just about paper.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

Trump's 757 has been rehabbed and spotted back in West Palm Beach.  They're speculating that he maybe was making sure it was ready to use on the campaign trail.  Me?  I still think he'll flee.  Now, he's got his own plane ready.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I think if does do a runner - I can see him being a 5 minute wonder and then into obscurity. He will be sorely disappointed in wherever he winds up.

He needs to go hole up in comfort in one of his properties, stock up on ketchup, and have private tantrums until his wife/daughter consign him to a nursing home dementia wing. He won’t. But it’s what he should do.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

I think if does do a runner - I can see him being a 5 minute wonder and then into obscurity. He will be sorely disappointed in wherever he winds up.

He needs to go hole up in comfort in one of his properties, stock up on ketchup, and have private tantrums until his wife/daughter consign him to a nursing home dementia wing. He won’t. But it’s what he should do.

Better yet have fuck face wind up in the dementia unit at a Federal prison.  There’s one in Massachusetts now. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Here's the actual subpoena. 

Has anyone read this? I find it remarkable how revealing the documents and records the subpoena demands Trump produces for the Committee. This especially jumped out at me (bolding mine):

11. For the period from November 3, 2020, to Januari 6, 2021, all documents, including communications sent or received through Signal or any other means, relating or referring in any way to Representative Scott Perry or any other Members of Congress and regarding presidential electoral votes; planning for January 6, 2021, or the joint session on that day; changes of personnel at the Department of Justice; or any other topic related to an effort to alter the results of the November, 2020, presidential elections.

Actually naming Scott Perry would seem to imply that the Committee already has hard evidence that Perry was involved in orchestrating the coup attempt. No other member of Congress is named in the subpoena, not even those that voted against certifying votes from Arizona (Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Tommy Tuberville, Cindy Hyde-Smith, Roger Marshall and John Kennedy) and Pennsylvania (Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Cindy Hyde-Smith, Roger Marshall, Cynthia Lummis and Rick Scott)— who logically were also involved in some way, or at least were knowledgeable about and complicit with attempts to invalidate the 2020 presidential election results.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

Once again, a sincere thank you to all of you who do the heavy lifting and post information with links or excerpts. Usually by the time I find something one of you has already covered it here so my contributions are pretty limited to comments or snark. I really do appreciate all of you including your comments and witty repartee. This “quiver” feels like a place of reason, especially when I have had to deal with unreasonable people I cannot completely cut out of my life. I don’t know any of you in real life but I do want you all to know that you definitely make a positive impact on the world not just through me but by keeping the word out when it comes to doing right and good. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Has anyone read this? I find it remarkable how revealing the documents and records the subpoena demands Trump produces for the Committee. This especially jumped out at me (bolding mine):

I read through it and plan to print it and make notes.  There were a couple names I wasn’t familiar with, so time to start researching.  I liked the tone of the letter, especially the overwhelming evidence they will bring to light.  Does anyone think Trump will testify with sentences that don’t include the word “Fifth”?   

• Upvote 10

On 10/10/2022 at 8:33 AM, CTRLZero said:

The Republican candidate is Joe Kent, who defeated Jaime Herrera Beutler (a Trump impeachment voter).

Quoting myself.  I just finished voting.  Joe Kent was included in the voter’s pamphlet, though it’s not a race we can vote on in our district.  One of his first election promises is to impeach Biden and Harris, though he doesn’t really specify what the charges might be.  And then he slams Herrera Beutler and other weird tangents.  He may very well win, since he promises to resuscitate the timber industry and bring back the glory years.  That’s what his constituents want to hear.  Now it’s wait and see time.  Lots of money being thrown into fear-mongering ads by Republicans, I’ve noticed. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I read through it and plan to print it and make notes.  There were a couple names I wasn’t familiar with, so time to start researching.  I liked the tone of the letter, especially the overwhelming evidence they will bring to light.  Does anyone think Trump will testify with sentences that don’t include the word “Fifth”?   

If they really wanted to drive him up the wall they should have just called him Mr. Trump and not refer to him as a former President. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

5 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Once again, a sincere thank you to all of you who do the heavy lifting and post information with links or excerpts. Usually by the time I find something one of you has already covered it here so my contributions are pretty limited to comments or snark. I really do appreciate all of you including your comments and witty repartee. This “quiver” feels like a place of reason, especially when I have had to deal with unreasonable people I cannot completely cut out of my life. I don’t know any of you in real life but I do want you all to know that you definitely make a positive impact on the world not just through me but by keeping the word out when it comes to doing right and good. 

💐Thank you for articulating so well how I always feel when I'm on FJ (which is usually all day, every day, come to think of it! LOL). 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

On 10/22/2022 at 5:53 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

The classified documents about Iran and China are considered among the most sensitive the FBI has recovered to date in its investigation of Trump and his aides for possible mishandling of classified information, obstruction and destruction of government records, the people said.

Trump should never have been given access to any classified material, POTUS or no. He was a security risk from day 1.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 16

39 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Trump should never have been given access to any classified material, POTUS or no. He was a security risk from day 1.

I completely agree with you. Yet I know people who still thinks he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

He makes my brain hurt. Possibly, that’s why so many of his followers don’t appear to have one. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

He makes my brain hurt. Possibly, that’s why so many of his followers don’t appear to have one. 

When he won I was staying with a client. I had the TV on. I got up @ 2am when I realized he won I sat on the bed & I was shaking. 

• Upvote 7

Anyone have any idea what BigStupid is talking about here?

2066778961_Screenshot(11566).png.08d7947ae0faf89f82ffe929205de186.png

Is the quicksand being "never Trump"?  It seems to me that being fully onboard with Trump would really be the quicksand.

• Confused 5
  • WTF 1

12 minutes ago, Xan said:

Is the quicksand being "never Trump"?  It seems to me that being fully onboard with Trump would really be the quicksand.

Sounds like a dare and/or threat to me...along the lines of enemies approach but will sink into oblivion before getting close enough.

I don't think he can control himself from spouting aggressive babble.  I guess it makes sense, if it's all he's got.

• Upvote 9

28 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Sounds like a dare and/or threat to me

Yes, I agree.  Maybe a mobster term?  Like concrete shoes?  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Xan said:

My take on this is who dares to oppose me in any way, either in the courts or politically? If you oppose me in the courts I will drag you down by seeing how fast I can slow down the courts through a slew of lawsuits. If you oppose me politically or personally I will see how I can drag you down through false rumors and and stupid nicknames.

• Upvote 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic