IGNORED

Trump 58: Bringing Covfefe to a Battle of Wits With The FBI

GreyhoundFan

6 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Udvay and Quesay look like they’re trying to do a remake of Weekend at Bernie’s  They both look like they’re being propped up  

Again with the thumbs up…

First picture: Tiffany looks lovely, Junior and Eric look douchey, Barron looks sweet, Ivanka looks like she’s trying to compete with the bride but failing, and Trump looks like an idiot with the thumbs up.

Second picture: What in Candy Land hell is happening? I really thought it was photoshopped- the wedding photo put in a cheesy, bad background- but no, it’s apparently real. Oh Tiffany, you were doing so well..,,

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

He probably had too much covfefe when he made this post 

• Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 9

13 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

They do seem to be turning on him now, and I think there is some recognition that the only way to get rid of him is to make it impossible for him to run again, and to do that they need to destroy enough of his support to make it feasible for other candidates to run. (Well, OK, I guess death would also be an option but I like to think that's a bridge too far, even for this mob). How do you get the demon you summoned and nutured back in the bottle? They have to know that no matter the deal he won't shut up.

I agree that support for him appears to be eroding and I believe he knows it.  Meanwhile, if they can't prevent him from running again then they need to make sure he doesn't win.  I think it may come down to enough MAGAs realizing they're backing a loser, and switching loyalty to the non-MAGA Rs, for the Rs (e.g., DeSantis) to have a decent chance of winning.

Perhaps, when enough loyalty to him is eroded, the powerful non-MAGA Rs and their influencers can - as a group - denounce him.  It obviously needs to happen before the R primary.  Timing is important.  He could then try to make his best effort ever to twist incendiary MAGA panties into a knot and...then what?  They're not going to storm the Capitol again.  They can perform local misadventures and some will get caught and not let off, dissuading others.  This would leave MAGAs the choice of become has-beens in their party or trying to feel like winners again by joining the non-MAGAs.  I believe some will realize the game is up and switch.  Soon enough?  Who knows.  Timing is, again, important.  But I suspect the MAGA crowd has been stirred into enough Dem-hatred to tend to vote for any R vs. a Dem or staying home.

In the background, I'm inclined to think, and hope, that the powerful non-MAGA Rs are letting him know that running may cost him more than he's willing to lose; e.g., massive financial losses/prison/total ego destruction.  What would happen if mainstream Rs tended to shy away from his hotels, etc., as well as Dems?  What if wealthy Rs decide to not invest with him?  What banks can he go to now?  His financial dealings are under a lot of scrutiny.  He can continue to make noise, as he does, but I suspect it'll substantially decrease when the real or perceived price becomes too high.  If he really likes being in charge then perhaps he could move to a smaller country somewhere (preferably one that doesn't extradite and where he may have a home already) and try to become influential there.

We'll find out soon what his big announcement is.

• Upvote 7

One way the nonMAGAs can prevent him form running is letting the indictments happen. They had promised to stop the investigations if they took back the house. Perhaps now they will just sit back and shrug. 
Sure MTG will propose bill after bill but McCarthy can just let them fall flat. 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think it may come down to enough MAGAs realizing they're backing a loser, and switching loyalty to the non-MAGA Rs, for the Rs (e.g., DeSantis) to have a decent chance of winning.

I agree with what you said but I think we need to classify DeSantis as a MAGA.  He's really extreme.  I think some of the Trumpies will keep the faith and follow Donny wherever he leads them but some will abandon him for DeSantis if they think he'll own the libs.  But they will still be MAGAs.  DeSantis might even keep using that phrase since it's got a lot of appeal.  I think he'll end up being worse than Trump because he knows enough about government to bog things up --- like he's done in Florida.  He'll keep on trying to suppress the vote, marginalizing any non-white, non-Christian, non-hetero group, and trying to control education.  I hope something happens that makes him less appealing because he'd be a nightmare.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

One way the nonMAGAs can prevent him form running is letting the indictments happen. They had promised to stop the investigations if they took back the house. Perhaps now they will just sit back and shrug. 
Sure MTG will propose bill after bill but McCarthy can just let them fall flat. 

Quoting myself. 
McCarthy is lower than pond scum but I don’t he is a true MAGA and he is only playing MAGA on TV. 
If we lose the house it will be by a narrow margin and the House MAGOTS will make life difficult for poor John. It will be fun to watch. 

Of course I’m assuming he will be the Majority leader. I shudder to think who else might take that role. The sycophants have threatened to elect the Orange Overlord.  Ugh I now made myself sick. 
I’m a Debbie downer tonight. 

• Upvote 6

37 minutes ago, Xan said:

I agree with what you said but I think we need to classify DeSantis as a MAGA.  He's really extreme.

I see your point.  DeSantis is extreme.  I'd gotten into the habit of just associating MAGA with Trump.

Wonder if there's any chance that DeSantis will be taken to task for the migrants at Martha's Vineyard fiasco.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, 47of74 said:

They stole the Electron? Oh, no! Somebody call Venus Flytrap!

Spoiler

• Upvote 3
  • Love 7

5 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sure we can have a do over. Let’s start with 2016

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

7 hours ago, 47of74 said:

8C0E95C1-DCE3-473F-8BC2-E52956FBF353.thumb.jpeg.0b8a637659eca311d9e5708589724c92.jpeg

• Haha 17
  • Love 1

So--Barron.  Eric is 6'5".  Barron, who is 16, is taller than Eric in Tiffany's wedding photo, so maybe already 6'6" or 7".  He looks to be growing into his body, through, and standing next to his dad in that photo.  The ONLY picture of Trump I have ever seen where he was smiling with genuine warmth was a pic of Trump with Barron at a baseball game at some point in the past. I do hope that kid grows up OK with at least some shred of decency. 

Tiffany is a beautiful bride. 

Marla Maples is Jesus/Bible to the max.  

Eric and Jr. in that photo are presenting a simulacrum of a smile by raising their upper lips to show their teeth.  Not a good look. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

Donny's still having a tantrum over on Truth Social:

Spoiler

263575538_Screenshot(11861).png.1ed1ae22925b56e7df005647cefbd09c.png

He continues to be a one-trick pony.  Scam!  Fraud!  Cheaters!  The man mails in his own ballots but somehow now all of them are fraudulent?  He must have really been counting on a Republican House and Senate to stop all the investigations and declare him totally innocent of all charges.  

Has anyone heard who will be covering his "big announcement" tomorrow night?  I know he invited different news organizations but I can't find any scheduled coverage.  I assume he wants to tell everyone he's running again so maybe that will forestall more investigations and charges -- not that it will.  I'm also betting that there will be more talk of crooked elections, millions of immigrants pouring over the border, high crime in major cities, Deep State swampiness and how he alone can fix it.

I wish he'd go away but he's beginning to look like the monster in horror movies who just won't die.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Xan said:

Has anyone heard who will be covering his "big announcement" tomorrow night?  I know he invited different news organizations but I can't find any scheduled coverage.  I assume he wants to tell everyone he's running again so maybe that will forestall more investigations and charges -- not that it will.  I'm also betting that there will be more talk of crooked elections, millions of immigrants pouring over the border, high crime in major cities, Deep State swampiness and how he alone can fix it.

I wish he'd go away but he's beginning to look like the monster in horror movies who just won't die.

And with each subsequent sequel the monster just gets more and more cartoonish.

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Xan said:

Hide contents

263575538_Screenshot(11861).png.1ed1ae22925b56e7df005647cefbd09c.png

He continues to be a one-trick pony.  Scam!  Fraud!  Cheaters!  The man mails in his own ballots but somehow now all of them are fraudulent?  He must have really been counting on a Republican House and Senate to stop all the investigations and declare him totally innocent of all charges.  

Well he is right about one thing he is a losing loser who loses and that will never change. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

20 hours ago, Dandruff said:

In the background, I'm inclined to think, and hope, that the powerful non-MAGA Rs are letting him know that running may cost him more than he's willing to lose; e.g., massive financial losses/prison/total ego destruction

These things are precisely why he is going to run, no matter what. He believes (maybe even correctly) that if he runs -- and gets elected again-- he will circumvent all the indictments against him. Because he knows full well that once the indictments start coming, there will be no way of avoiding sentencing and prison time.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Apparently fuck knob used the IRS against his political enemies.

Republicans claimed that if they weren’t given control of Congress in 2022, a Democratic majority would weaponize the IRS, adding thousands of new agents and targeting political enemies — but John Kelly, the former president’s one-time Chief of Staff, says that actually, Donald Trump was the one who tried to do that.

The refrain of “87k new IRS agents” who are supposed to punitively audit people for their political views has been disproven repeatedly, but that’s not stopping GOP operatives from repeating it — while the true story reveals a different perpetrator.

John Kelly, Trump’s White House Chief of Staff for a year-and-a-half in the middle of his single presidential term, says that his former boss tried to do exactly that — use the IRS to target individuals he saw as political enemies. In fact, it seems that audits of some top-level officials involved in investigating Trump’s Russian connections in his 2016 campaign may be no coincidence.

According to Kelly, Trump wanted to have former FBI Director James Comey — who even wrote a book about Trump’s demands for “loyalty” — and his top deputy, Andrew McCabe, targeted by the IRS. Both were, in fact, selected for a “rare and highly intrusive” audit, though Trump and IRS officials have denied any connection.

• Upvote 5

I can't help but find this post extremely encouraging, given how much credence I assign to Laurence Tribe (a LOT😞

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

Delusional Donny is over on Truth Social reposting ridiculous stuff.  The gold statue one made me laugh.  That's not exactly flattering, even if it is golden.  What exactly is going on with those legs anyway?

Spoiler

2005083007_Screenshot(11869).png.b18b1d9f45c1c9ddcd9acce8d6cb6584.png51311993_Screenshot(11872).png.e163d8f520bdef9e3b75452db92b9195.png1179300764_Screenshot(11870).png.63421d3ccc28164b03681a337cd4c73d.png

There's also this bit of Q-type garbage.  Now they're saying that the money sent to Ukraine is for laundering.

Spoiler

1544327236_Screenshot(11871).png.9fb99708ff3f22f131159a7db2d70d24.png

• Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 4

On 11/13/2022 at 8:08 PM, thoughtful said:

Hide contents

Thank you, @thoughtful, for the reminder of one of the most poignant and moving clips of WKRP in Cincinnati. It was relevant to the thread in the “electron” snafu the idiotic jackass who fooled less than half of the actual voters but more than half of the electoral college into making him POTUS but moreso it was and remains relevant to the serious issues that surround educators who are trying their best to keep their students out of certain lifestyles while keeping them interested in learning. I am not at all too proud to say I cried all over again as I did the first time it aired and every time I saw the reruns. It’s why we are gathering here. We want better for these teachers and these students so we keep trying to find the answers and we know the Rs don’t care while the Ds will at least try. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

16 minutes ago, Xan said:

Delusional Donny is over on Truth Social reposting ridiculous stuff.  The gold statue one made me laugh.  That's not exactly flattering, even if it is golden.  What exactly is going on with those legs anyway?

Reveal hidden contents

2005083007_Screenshot(11869).png.b18b1d9f45c1c9ddcd9acce8d6cb6584.png51311993_Screenshot(11872).png.e163d8f520bdef9e3b75452db92b9195.png1179300764_Screenshot(11870).png.63421d3ccc28164b03681a337cd4c73d.png

There's also this bit of Q-type garbage.  Now they're saying that the money sent to Ukraine is for laundering.

Reveal hidden contents

The gold thing looks like Neanderthal Trump is trying to take a huge dump.  And what is with the loin cloth?

• Haha 11
  • I Agree 4

44 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

The gold thing looks like Neanderthal Trump is trying to take a huge dump.  And what is with the loin cloth?

They have to hide the teeny peeny so they can continue the myth that Trump is a cut above other men.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

In light of Kari Lake losing and Trump announcing tonight (against the advice of multiple advisors who want him to wait until AFTER the GA Walker/Warnock runoff) this is an excellent commentary by a reporter who has followed the Lake campaign, and that it's NOT being bought by the voters: 

• Thank You 7
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, Xan said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Is he trying to be the golden hulk? How totally f-ing ridiculous all of that is. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic