IGNORED

Trump 58: Bringing Covfefe to a Battle of Wits With The FBI

GreyhoundFan

So now what? Do all the sycophants who wen public about dumping him suddenly do an about face? Will I need to start panicking the way I did in 2015-2016 knowing fascism was coming to America?

I’m sick and afraid and not up for snark right now. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I’m sick and afraid and not up for snark right now. 

Agreed, and i’m just fucking tired. I don’t want to do this again. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

I watched only briefly but quickly got the impression of a loser, has-been who was dragged onto stage to perform.

Would be nice if everyone would ignore him and he'd go away.

• Upvote 7

I'm terrified of the craziness in the Republican party. But I am heartened by the most recent election. There is still some sanity in America. So I'm amazingly NOT afraid that Trump will be re-elected. Other than his rabid base, the party is moving on. Do I think they will move on to people equally terrifying? Yes, probably. But I think Trump's power is waning.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 11

Oh, he can run all he wants. But he can't hide from all the indictments that are coming his way. This is just his last hurrah at ego-stoking before his inevitable fall. Sad, really. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I'll be interested to see who and how many in politics (other than known supporting extremists) will openly encourage his run.  Can't imagine it will be many.  I also expect that he'll get zero support from leaders of NATO and other civilized countries.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I watched only briefly but quickly got the impression of a loser, has-been who was dragged onto stage to perform.

Would be nice if everyone would ignore him and he'd go away.

I like this take:

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

I'm terrified of the craziness in the Republican party. But I am heartened by the most recent election. There is still some sanity in America. So I'm amazingly NOT afraid that Trump will be re-elected. Other than his rabid base, the party is moving on. Do I think they will move on to people equally terrifying? Yes, probably. But I think Trump's power is waning.

I genuinely wish I could share your optimism. I thought similarly to this in 2016, and was so terribly wrong that I'm afraid to hope for America again.

• Upvote 7

On Morning Joe they were saying that some of the people in the ballroom during Trump's announcement started making their way to the back of the room but found that they weren't allowed to leave.  If your handpicked audience tires of your speech, you're in trouble.  Trump has his base but that's all he's got now.  The moderates and independents don't want him.  

I think he announced early to stall any indictments but I don't think it will work.  At some point in the next few months, some of those investigations will pinpoint his crimes.  That may be what McConnell and his crew are waiting on.  Then they'll kick him to the curb.

The MAGA nuts will be with us for a while but we outnumber them.  Eventually they'll have to crawl back under their rocks.  

• Upvote 7

Lol 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

I genuinely wish I could share your optimism. I thought similarly to this in 2016, and was so terribly wrong that I'm afraid to hope for America again.

Oh, I still am very afraid for America. Many of the other Republicans are just an improved version of Trump - versions who know how to behave better in public. Which is more insidious, and scarier.

But as for Trump personally? He's done. He's not the threat. And before he leaves I hope he takes a lot of the other crazies down with him. Which is why it's kind of okay with me that he's running. More potential for carnage in the Republican party.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Does anybody else feel like the state of the world right now should be part of Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire?" Covid, Russia, Ukraine, supply chain issues and inflation, and of course the Orange one and MAGA, I'm sure they would all fit in there somewhere.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

27 minutes ago, yeahthatsme74 said:

Does anybody else feel like the state of the world right now should be part of Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire?" Covid, Russia, Ukraine, supply chain issues and inflation, and of course the Orange one and MAGA, I'm sure they would all fit in there somewhere.

Would also be a good fit in It’s the End of the World as We Know It. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I’ve called my senators and congressional representative to push for this. They’re all Dems, so I want dismissed out of hand. 

• Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I’ve called my senators and congressional representative to push for this. They’re all Dems, so I want dismissed out of hand. 

How can they do this legally?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Section 3 of the 14th Amendment:  This prohibits anyone who has previously taken an oath of office (Senators, Representatives, and other public officials) from holding public office if they have "engaged in insurrection or rebellion" against the United States.

They're never tried using it against a president so I'm not sure it will work.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

By invoking the 14th Amendment. 
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-the-14th-amendment-could-prevent-trump-from-office-2021-2?op=1

One section of the amendment, however, blocks someone from holding office who, having previously made an oath to the Constitution, has "engaged in insurrection or rebellion" against the US.

The intent at the time was to influence the government in the South by barring Confederates from serving in public office after the Civil War. "The idea was that office holders of the United States will not be people who were treasonous to the United States," Doron Kalir, a professor at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, told Insider.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic