IGNORED

Trump 58: Bringing Covfefe to a Battle of Wits With The FBI

GreyhoundFan

I’ve read (on Twitter, lol) that several companies have threatened to pull their ads if Trump is reinstated on the platform.

I used to dread pulling up Twitter and seeing the latest craziness but at the time the guy also held the nuclear codes and controlled the military. It won’t be as bad if he returns because while he still holds power it’s not the same.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

56 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

I’ve read (on Twitter, lol) that several companies have threatened to pull their ads if Trump is reinstated on the platform.

I used to dread pulling up Twitter and seeing the latest craziness but at the time the guy also held the nuclear codes and controlled the military. It won’t be as bad if he returns because while he still holds power it’s not the same.

I have a twitter account from ages ago and I never use it. I certainly don't plan on using it now or ever. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I'm hoping that the estimated number of people who would bail from Twitter if tfg was reinstated far outweighs the number that would be added.  IMO, it should be a business/advertising decision...but who knows what Musk is thinking.  I can imagine a reinstatement with "tight" controls (to try to not cause a mass exodus), which would effectively fail.

What Musk is thinking? Something that flatters his ego and allows him to control the narrative. He talks the talk about free speech but he doesn't like people disagreeing with him.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

22 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

What Musk is thinking? Something that flatters his ego and allows him to control the narrative. He talks the talk about free speech but he doesn't like people disagreeing with him.

In my humble and not worth much opinion, the problem will come when the constant misunderstanding of “free speech” results in someone on the unbridled new Twitter crossing a line that causes a lawsuit. Musk has been blabbing about not having restrictions so I could see a court/judge finding that his public statements mean he has put himself in a position of personal liability for what is posted on the site. Maybe it’s just my wishful thinking. 

• Upvote 8

I would be fine with Musk being held liable for publishing defamatory information. He is after all the new publisher.

Also from the Australian ABC site, Elon Musk takeover is a ploy for global domination.

Spoiler

Do you think Darth Vader learned to Force choke his disappointing underlings mostly because a lack of gravity in space prevented him simply chucking people off the Death Star?

Think about it. You know he would have wanted to.

Just ask the now ex-CEO, CFO, GC and policy chiefs of Twitter, all of whom were tossed off the Star Destroyer Twitter the moment Lord Elon Musk swept onboard, knocking down sentries with the wave of his black-gloved hand.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing," he growls, as he attempts to soothe Twitter's worried advertisers that he's going to turn the often-ugly platform into a "social media hell-site".

Insert your own James Earl Jones crunchy breathing here as you take in Lord Musk's threats… I mean promises.

The reason I acquired Twitter is because it is important to the future of civilisation to have a common digital town square, where a wide range of beliefs can be debated in a healthy manner, without resorting to violence."

Twitter, he menaced, should be "warm and welcoming to all".

How does that Vader catch-phrase go again? "I am altering the deal…"

What does Elon want?

What does Musk want, apart from total control of a shrinking social media site some regard as a sewer and others know for certain played a central part in the misinformation presidency of Donald Trump?

Is he going to clean it up? Or is he just another manifestation of the same problem?

Well, let's level with each other: it's a perfect match, no? An anarchist in charge of the anarchist's playground.

His corporate executions the day he finally signed the deal to buy the company for $68 billion were straight out of the mogul Alpha male playbook: it was Darth in a designer suit. 

But he's also been brutally clear about what he really wants: "Buying Twitter is an accelerant to creating X, the everything app," he warned (on Twitter) in a near-perfect expression of the Dark Side in universal domination.

What did anyone think that these digital media behemoths were about in the first place?

As a friend of mine noted, the relationships that people have with these social media sites is pretty ludicrous: they're all owned by billionaires and designed by expensively attuned algorithms we stand no chance of besting, yet we persuade ourselves that they are public spaces that are democratically designed and that we're entitled to.

As Lord Musk prowls through the building, taking in a day that will be long remembered, it's probably time to remind ourselves: it's Darth's world, we just hope not to get Force-choked in it

I'm now kind of wondering what happens when/if he comes up against the other publishing billionaires.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Please, Rufus, let this be true. 

• Thank You 19
  • Love 1

Vox compiled this list of the various instances of fuck knob hate speeech over the past few years. 

• Thank You 2

More trouble for the fuck knob

For years, as Donald Trump was soaring from reality TV star to the White House, his real estate empire was bankrolling big perks for some of his most trusted senior executives, including apartments and luxury cars.

Now Trump's company, the Trump Organization, is on trial this week for criminal tax fraud — on the hook for what prosecutors say was a 15-year scheme by top officials to hide the plums and avoid paying taxes.

Lawyers arrived at court Monday for opening statements. Last week, 12 jurors and six alternates were picked for the case, but one alternate was dismissed Monday. The tax fraud case is the only criminal trial to arise from the Manhattan district attorney's three-year investigation of the former president.

It's one of three active cases involving Trump or the Trump Organization in New York courts.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

Re taxes, here is a nice overview of some reasons why the orange one doesn’t want his tax files released: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/10/31/politics/donald-trump-tax-returns/index.html

As is usual with him, recently, this is of course only a slim slice of the cake of problems legal and financial that he’s been having lately (but hey, he wanted to have his cake and eat it too), but as an explanation, I favour a combination of all reasons given with an extra dose of foreign involvement.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

He’s such a toddler. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

I’m sure the MAGAts will buy a bunch for  holiday gifts. They would have give me a winning Powerball ticket to take one of these fugly things  

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 7

23 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He’s such a toddler. 

It's like Martin Mull in one of my favorite comfort movies, Mr. Mom.  When Michael Keaton thinks he's going to win the silly corporate olympics, but is talking to people beforehand who tell him "Relax Butler, you're not going to win.  He's the boss, it's his tournament, get it?" 

• I Agree 6

35 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

It's like Martin Mull in one of my favorite comfort movies, Mr. Mom.  When Michael Keaton thinks he's going to win the silly corporate olympics, but is talking to people beforehand who tell him "Relax Butler, you're not going to win.  He's the boss, it's his tournament, get it?" 

OMG, first thing I thought about too! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Sad old man tries to talk about things he doesn’t understand  

• Haha 11

He not has one dance move and he does it badly. 

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

OMG, first thing I thought about too! 

Me as well! Martin Mull’s gloating at the end is almost charming and sweet compared to Dolt 45. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

No surprise:

And did she break up with him on the spot?

• Upvote 5

This sounds like bad news for the orange monster. 

More:

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 12

He does seem panicked. Good. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He does seem panicked. Good. 

I think it's interesting that he filed in Florida.  Obviously, he thinks he's got enough judges in his pocket there to be successful.  I just don't see it.  Those revocable trusts aren't quite as airtight.  And if it's a case of "Look over there!  Squirrel!", that's not going to keep working either.  He's used it too much.

• Upvote 10

I’m not surprised he went to Florida. Their he’s treated like a king. I know 2 people who moved to Florida because it was one of the states that who voted for him. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

His handlers stay busy with photoshop  

• Haha 11

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic