IGNORED

Trump 58: Bringing Covfefe to a Battle of Wits With The FBI

GreyhoundFan

Ousted Madison Cawthorn was the only member of Congress there. The article I saw also stated that he was from SC, and as an NC resident, I hope no one corrects it. 

• Upvote 10

29 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Either his babysitters made sure to keep the NY Post away from him or there has been an epic rage meltdown in Mar a Lago today. Getting torn apart by the NY Post has to be devastating to someone who spent all of his adult life chasing the media, especially the New York and LA media, so he would get flattering sycophantic press. 

I am so here for it. First he got roasted by the midterm election results (he can spin it however he wants but he knows the results, especially the Dr. Oz loss, are a reflection of his loss of popularity and power) and now he’s getting skewered in even once-friendly media. I know I keep saying it, but if only he had stayed in his lane he would probably still have his tv show and have the illusion that he is a smart, rich businessman. 

• Upvote 11

Trump didn't win the popular vote in 2016 -- he was down by 3 million.

He loses his next election; Dems gain control of House and Senate

2022? He endorses wing-nut MAGA election deniers who all lose and Dems retain the Senate; no Red Wave.  There may be an EXTREMELY REMOTE possibility that a centrist Republican or two will break ranks and work with Dems.  

Republicans are shitting bricks;  the calculus comes down to not supporting Trump because he's a disaster.  He was also asked nicely to slow down and not announce his candidacy until AFTER the Walker/Warnock run off in GA and his response was a big middle finger.  I'm going to guess that the mega donors bucks will not be coming Trump's way. 

Yet to be seen if media will get off the Trump bus and not give him free coverage 24-7.

Also hoping the Republicans will tell performative ass hats like Gaetz, Gym Jordan, et al., to sit down and STFU. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 12

41 minutes ago, Howl said:

Trump didn't win the popular vote in 2016 -- he was down by 3 million.

He loses his next election; Dems gain control of House and Senate

2022? He endorses wing-nut MAGA election deniers who all lose and Dems retain the Senate; no Red Wave.  There may be an EXTREMELY REMOTE possibility that a centrist Republican or two will break ranks and work with Dems.  

Republicans are shitting bricks;  the calculus comes down to not supporting Trump because he's a disaster.  He was also asked nicely to slow down and not announce his candidacy until AFTER the Walker/Warnock run off in GA and his response was a big middle finger.  I'm going to guess that the mega donors bucks will not be coming Trump's way. 

Yet to be seen if media will get off the Trump bus and not give him free coverage 24-7.

Also hoping the Republicans will tell performative ass hats like Gaetz, Gym Jordan, et al., to sit down and STFU. 

My husband also said that he is costing the GOP a lot of money in legal fees. I'm not sure how it works but it makes sense. 

• Upvote 8

Well, Alan Weisselberg just fell on his sword.  He told the court that the Trump family were victims of his own greed.  He says that he alone was responsible for the fraudulent bookkeeping.  He added that the Trump's were not involved in these schemes.  I wonder how the Trump's are going to pay him for this favor?

ETA:  Another website is disputing this and saying that he implied that the Trumps might be involved in the schemes.  I'm not sure how different news organizations are coming away with such varying stories.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 6

A furious Donald Trump unloaded Friday on Fox News over the appointment of a special counsel to investigate his activities.

The former president vowed he “won’t partake” in any investigation conducted by the special counsel and slammed the appointment as “the worst politicization of justice in our country.”

Attorney General Merrick Garland named a special counsel Friday to oversee the Justice Department’s investigation into classified documents stashed at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence that had been transported there from the White House at the end of Trump’s term.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-erupts-over-special-counsel-000225213.html

You’d think by now that Fucknut would understand how investigations work. He doesn’t get to choose to partake. He’s like my in-laws’ dog sticking her head under the bed during a thunderstorm. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

You’d think by now that Fucknut would understand how investigations work. He doesn’t get to choose to partake. He’s like my in-laws’ dog sticking her head under the bed during a thunderstorm. 

The people whose safety and comfort depend on the security of those documents have the right to be furious.  Not that pos.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I posted this over on the Doug Wilson thread, but yeah, some Evangelicals are pissed.  It's a power issue:  Trump as  Loser in Chief is a betrayal. These people, 7 Mountains Dominionists/NAR (New Apostolic Reformation) et al.,  are serious as a heart attack about taking control over our country. They won't countenance someone who promised it all and can't come through for them. 

Key Evangelical Figures Turn On Trump: 'He Used Us'    One ripped the ex-president for acting "like a little elementary schoolchild." Another warned that if the GOP turns to him in 2024, "we will get destroyed.”

Also, **** them, because they were so drunk on gaining access to the throne that they ignored all the signs -- you know, the ones in the Bible about greed, lust for power,  corruption.   So,  evangelidudes, let's recite together:  ETTD (Everything Trump Touches Dies).  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

I needed a laugh this morning:

• Haha 11

28 minutes ago, Howl said:

Sadly, Trump is so delusional that he actually believes this. 

He definitely believes this & honestly I know people who believe this also. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

I was surprised when he posted stuff about his legal case in NY and no one said anything.  He said "…Many people, perhaps most, don’t pay tax on the use of a company car or company apartment."  I would guess that most of his diehard  fans don't have company cars or apartments.  He's just tone deaf enough to say it anyway.

Also, he's worried about the new special prosecutor.  

"Here we go again! I thought that the Unselect Committee on January 6th was a dead issue, especially with the record setting loss off Liz Chaney in the Great State of Wyoming, and likewise felt that the document hoax case, after reviewing the Clinton Socks Case & the Presidential Record Act, was dead, or at least dying fast. The Democrat Department of “Justice” had nothing, except Trump haters, so they just appointed a Special Prosecutor to go after me further. Disgraceful!"

• Upvote 4

I don't think Trump believes he's innocent so much as above the law.  He knows what he's doing and is good at finding ways to keep doing it.  I view the media denials and corresponding accusations as just part of the ongoing game.

• Upvote 10

Oh look - it’s the asshole conglomerate. 

Former president Donald Trump's Twitter account will be reinstated under the social media company's owner, billionaire Elon Musk.

Musk polled Twitter users on Friday and Saturday asking them whether Trump should be reinstated and a narrow majority voted for Trump. On Saturday evening, Musk tweeted, "The people have spoken. Trump will be reinstated. Vox Populi, Vox Dei." The Latin phrase means, "the voice of the people is the voice of god."

Whether Trump will accept the invitation to return to Twitter is another matter. During a Saturday address to the Republican Jewish Coalition, Trump poured cold water on the idea of returning to Twitter, saying "I don't see any reason for it," according to Bloomberg News. After his exile from mainstream social media, Trump and some of his allies launched a rival social media site called Truth Social.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/19/1131351535/elon-musk-allows-donald-trump-back-on-twitter

Fucknut says he won’t take Musk up on the offer, but I don’t see him being able to stay away. Awesome. Just fucking awesome. 😣

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 5
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Fucknut says he won’t take Musk up on the offer, but I don’t see him being able to stay away. Awesome. Just fucking awesome.

Appalling but not surprising.  Let's see what the advertisers and reasonable users do, and whether Musk cares.

I hope it tanks.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I'm not entirely sure that Musk wants it to survive.  This is someone who has major deals with China and has voiced support for Putin.  Also, the Saudis own the second most shares of Twitter after Musk.  We might ask, "who benefits if Twitter goes down?"  Certainly autocracies hate all those people sharing opinions and having free speech.  They, and corporations, don't like being publicly taken to task.

I understand this might put me in the tinfoil hat brigade but I just think it's suspicious that Musk took over, gutted the workforce, and doesn't seem to care about curbing hate speech.  He has to know that he will get in trouble for that last one.  I think Musk is perfectly fine with Twitter failing.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

Space Karen probably just made things worse for Twitter by restoring fuck knob's account.

With his decision on Saturday to restore the personal Twitter account of former President Donald Trump nearly two years after it was permanently banned, Elon Musk could plunge Twitter deeper into chaos — and that may be the point.

In the weeks since Musk completed his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter, the influential social network has shed so much staff that users and employees have raised concerns about its ability to continue operating. It has also suffered a “massive drop in revenue,” according to Musk, as a growing number of brands pause advertising amid uncertainty about the direction and stability of the platform.

Trump’s return won’t help either issue.

Some advertisers had previously indicated they could halt spending on the platform if Trump were to be reinstated, potentially dealing a further blow to a company that generates nearly all of its revenue from advertising.

• Upvote 8
  • Angry 1

If gutting Twitter is intentional then I believe the best thing for decent tweeting folk would be to shift platform asap.  This would be better than the rug later being pulled out when good communication is needed most; e.g., when Fucknut or others in that sphere are making major moves.

Wonder if Musk is buying up shares in potentially competing platforms.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

If gutting Twitter is intentional then I believe the best thing for decent tweeting folk would be to shift platform asap.  This would be better than the rug later being pulled out when good communication is needed most; e.g., when Fucknut or others in that sphere are making major moves.

Wonder if Musk is buying up shares in potentially competing platforms.

Yeah people have been looking at Mastodon

Since Elon Musk officially purchased Twitter, chaos has reigned. About half the Twitter staff was laid off only days after Musk took charge, and the site briefly launched a new "blue check" verification service only to be plagued with trolls and fake "verified" accounts for celebrities like LeBron James and companies like Eli Lilly.

Twitters users concerned about changes at the company are looking for other social media options. Bot Sentinel, an organization that tracks Twitter account behavior, estimates that almost 900,000 Twitter accounts were deactivated between Oct. 27 and Nov. 1, per the MIT Technology Review.

Some of those leaving Twitter are switching to Mastodon, a decentralized social network built on open-source software. Mastodon's "federated network" has seen a notable uptick -- on Nov. 12, Eugen Rochko, Mastodon's creator, said the service has gained a million new users since Musk took charge on Oct. 27, putting the network's total around 1.6 million active users. That's still just a tiny fraction of Twitter's 238 million, however.

I opened up my own account on Mastodon as well.  I'm staying on Twitter unless Space Karen starts charging people to use the service but wanted to have accounts on other services under my preferred handle which is why I'm signing up elsewhere.

• Upvote 4

On 11/19/2022 at 11:57 PM, Xan said:

Also, the Saudis own the second most shares of Twitter after Musk.  We might ask, "who benefits if Twitter goes down?"  Certainly autocracies hate all those people sharing opinions and having free speech.  They, and corporations, don't like being publicly taken to task.

I understand this might put me in the tinfoil hat brigade but I just think it's suspicious that Musk took over, gutted the workforce, and doesn't seem to care about curbing hate speech.  He has to know that he will get in trouble for that last one.  I think Musk is perfectly fine with Twitter failing.

I think you nailed it.  I've also quietly contemplated that there is some very dark money and a lot of it for Musk for doing this. 

So...Jack Smith.  I watched a snippet of the Meidas Touch guy on his podcast interviewing a woman who has known and worked with Jack Smith for 30 years.  He sounds like an uncorruptible and apolitical work horse prosecutor with an agenda to get things done.  If there is a case to be made, he'll make it, and a lot of the work has been done before he's even starting.  I wouldn't defy a subpoena from Jack Smith. 

Jack Smith is untouchable by the Republican edgelords who take over the House in January. 

We'll see.  I'll never put my faith in someone like I did with Mueller.  Mueller failed us, but there were also extreme constraints against his investigation. 

Also, it's interesting how things are turning out.  Mainstream Republicans, like Chris Christie,  are speaking out against Trump, and quite vocally on this weekend's talk shows.  Even Pompeo, who was described as a heat-seeking missile for Trump's ass during his tenure as Sec. of State. 

So, maybe they realize or have inside info that Trump will be indicted, and are getting ahead of the game. 

Whichever, it's not good for Trump.  The Republican king makers do NOT want him on the ticket in 2024. He's a loser.  Maybe they have realized that Jack Smith will be nailing Trump's coffin shut. 

Interesting times. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

A good thread about Jack Smith:

More:

Spoiler

• Thank You 12

Oh  my gosh, y'all,  Holy Crap, Rufus on a red tin roof, sweet Jesus on a school bus, adorable kitten in a bubble bath!!!!!

SCOTUS has ruled that TRUMP'S TAX RETURNS be turned over to House  Democrats. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic