IGNORED

CarVan12: Health Scare Continues ... and Worsens :(

nelliebelle1197

I knew immediately they were from Boss Baby. But my younger son loved that movie for awhile and I watched it too much. 

4F30A6F4-7C94-4E89-9465-4189F51EC141.jpeg

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Smoochie said:

Yeah, I vaguely remember her talking about multiple medicines and that adding/changing doses is hard as it makes her very tired, etc.

I also think that she doesn't like to talk about her 'episodes' now. At first it was a novelty and probably something she thought could be easily 'cured'.  She did state they're not as bad, that now she gets an indicator/feeling and can sit/lie down, but, they still tire her out. I don't think she's had a very severe one in quite awhile, or at least they haven't mentioned it.

And this is the roller coaster I have seen with anti seizure meds. They work for a while, and then they don’t and it’s hard to find that sweet spot of therapeutic effectiveness vs being snowed and not functional. Not enough and you have break through seizures and too much and you’re too lethargic to do anything. It has to be frustrating.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

In the videos around Katie's birth Carlin seems to be advocating for having another baby while Evan was the one saying he wants to enjoy the ones they have and wait anyway due to Carlin's health. I got the sense Carlin is pushing for it.

I think they were playing that up for clicks. In Travis and Katie's videos, Evan is the one saying he had baby fever and Carlin rolls her eyes and says "he really doesn't" and then they all agree that Layla does lol.

• Upvote 3

The real question is~ If a fundie holds a baby and doesn't say they have baby fever, are they even a fundie?! 😆

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 30

15 hours ago, gobucks said:

The real question is~ If a fundie holds a baby and doesn't say they have baby fever, are they even a fundie?! 😆

They hold their own babies and claim to baby fever. Zade is still a baby!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

They hold their own babies and claim to baby fever. Zade is still a baby!

It isn't all about wanting a new baby to have another baby. A lot of it is the attention the new baby brings. For Carlin it is 40ish weeks of people catering to her and saying how amazing she is to be able to "do it all" with two kids and one on the way. She gets gifts and congratulations. Then she gives birth and everyone shows up to visit. They tell her that she did a good job pushing the kid out and how cute the baby is, etc. 

Her own parents seem to pay most attention to her and her siblings regarding weddings and babies. Her wedding is in the past so babies are the only way to get actual attention from Gil and Kelly.

For girls in this fertility cult, they are at their best when pregnant and clutching their baby bumps or when sitting and holding their new offspring. It is their moment of accomplishment. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

22 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

It isn't all about wanting a new baby to have another baby. A lot of it is the attention the new baby brings. For Carlin it is 40ish weeks of people catering to her and saying how amazing she is to be able to "do it all" with two kids and one on the way. She gets gifts and congratulations. Then she gives birth and everyone shows up to visit. They tell her that she did a good job pushing the kid out and how cute the baby is, etc. 

Her own parents seem to pay most attention to her and her siblings regarding weddings and babies. Her wedding is in the past so babies are the only way to get actual attention from Gil and Kelly.

For girls in this fertility cult, they are at their best when pregnant and clutching their baby bumps or when sitting and holding their new offspring. It is their moment of accomplishment. 

I always said the only important baby in these families is the next baby.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10

I don't watch very many of their videos, but in one I watched recently, they referred to a "really bad" episode she had recently had.  So I think some of it is, they just don't want to keep harping on them.  She has said that talking about them is hard.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

Carlin is obviously feeling well enough for a cruise of the Bahamas. I feel like if I had those kind of medical issues a cruise is the last thing I would be doing. 

Also, I think if I was Whitney, I would start getting annoyed at how much time off Carlin is taking.

And their poor dog. 

• Upvote 8

33 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Carlin is obviously feeling well enough for a cruise of the Bahamas. I feel like if I had those kind of medical issues a cruise is the last thing I would be doing. 

A Bahamas cruise during the college spring break timeframe...Carlin and Evan are going to see a lot of things that are not fundie approved this weekend. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

It would not surprise me if Carlin was to wear an "immodest" bathing suit while on said cruise...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Also, I think if I was Whitney, I would start getting annoyed at how much time off Carlin is taking.

And their poor dog. 

Cruises can be good for some with chronic conditions. Last time I was on one there was a woman who essentially took cruise after cruise because in her words it was easier than having to take care of everything herself all week. She wasn't overly sick but not having to cook and clean was worth it to her. It seemed sad but she said she was happy with the way it was working.

However, I would be hesitant if I was in Carlin's position. She travels frequently and I have to wonder if she does her research to find out where is the closest hospital will be or carries her medical records with her. In an emergency those seconds/minutes count. Yes, Evan can tell paramedics and whatnot what her issues are but he can't go into detail with every test result, etc. As someone who freaks out during MRIs, I would make sure I carried my MRI results with me to avoid having to have another one if I had an issue out of town.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Today's video... They must have really come to terms with Carlin's illness. They are getting ready to sell their 2nd car. They said it has just been sitting for all of these months and know it will be at least another 6 months before she drive. The most interesting part of the video is where they are reminiscing about dating. They talk about how KJ said to Carlin that Evan was the only guy she has ever really been able to fully be herself around and that means something special. They also say how Evan said I love you "too soon" after they started dating. They used air quotes implying the dumb dating rules of their family. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Today's video ...almost made me motion sick. And I dont get motion sick. Maybe he turned off some stabilizer feature?  

The only interesting thing of note they said was they are selling the 2nd car because it's at least 6 months before she could drive again. Meaning she's had a seizure recently. I assume very recently or she might have said 5 months. So they've just quit mentioning it. 

Mostly b-roll as per usual.

They had concrete patio extension.

And drove in the car

There was some discussion on their early relationship as they at first reminisced about "old" memories of when they lived in the rental...less than a year ago? Then they drove to a park and rehashed the same old story of carlin's pre-evan broken heart. No new details.

The hat seemed about 2x as obnoxious in this video. Why do you wear a hat inside? What do you wear it backwards in the car? The brim is squished against the head rest. That can't feel good. Why do you wear it floating way up your forehead? Why must you constantly adjust it up and settle it down again? It's so stupid. Get a fidget ring.

Also they unironically said the new patio was gonna be "sick!" Several times. My eyes rolled so hard I may have strained something.

I'm old now all I could think about the patio is 1. Hope they've angled it well so water goes away from the house efficiently and 2. Sure hope you haven't covered over septic pipes or any underground utilities coming into the house. That will cost you if they have to jackhammer that to fix something.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

In about every video, Evan talks of getting a haircut. Interesting.

if you're particular about your man style haircut - doesn't it have to get cut like every 2 weeks? Isn't going longer like equivalent to giving birth without a full face of make up and fully styled hair?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

If someone could choose between YouTube influencer and electrician, I can't imagine they'd go for electrician to be honest. That is hard work, set hours, and a degree of liability. If you could film yourself spending time with your family, get the supply from likes and followers, and get what I imagine they see as the perks of fame, why wouldn't he? This is essentially what the reality TV show did, and they all were on board with that. Add in a mentality of it being a kind of "ministry" or whatever, and I can see the appeal. Plus, with Carlin's illness, it's something that can be done from home to a great extent - or at least together. I think everything else aside, it's a huge win from a caregiver perspective.

If it's bringing in good income and they have in mind a future of building their brand or followership, I think it would be stranger if he was pining for an electrician job. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

If someone could choose between YouTube influencer and electrician, I can't imagine they'd go for electrician to be honest. That is hard work, set hours, and a degree of liability. If you could film yourself spending time with your family, get the supply from likes and followers, and get what I imagine they see as the perks of fame, why wouldn't he? This is essentially what the reality TV show did, and they all were on board with that. Add in a mentality of it being a kind of "ministry" or whatever, and I can see the appeal. Plus, with Carlin's illness, it's something that can be done from home to a great extent - or at least together. I think everything else aside, it's a huge win from a caregiver perspective.

If it's bringing in good income and they have in mind a future of building their brand or followership, I think it would be stranger if he was pining for an electrician job. 

I do think they have good personalities for the influencer role. Also, it shows that they are both willing to adapt to a major lifestyle change by pivoting and reevaluating career goals. They are making it work. I know that they are both involved in the clothing shop too. I’m not sure that career meshes as closely with their personalities. 

I just think of my husband who is retirement age, but still works because he is not able to pivot as well. Heck, he has not been able to accept a work at home world. He goes to his office 99.99% of the time. Even this last week when the major highways in our area were under water and a 30 minute commute became a 2+ hour E-ticket ride. I just shake my head-

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Ditto…most people I know who work standard 9-5 jobs always seem to dread Mondays and live for Fridays. They’re not all miserable per se (although some are), but most don’t seem to find a lot life fulfillment in their jobs. It’s just something they do to get money.

My friends who get to work from home, have looser schedules, and larger control over their own time seem happier and more content across the board.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

Ditto…most people I know who work standard 9-5 jobs always seem to dread Mondays and live for Fridays. They’re not all miserable per se (although some are), but most don’t seem to find a lot life fulfillment in their jobs. It’s just something they do to get money.

My friends who get to work from home, have looser schedules, and larger control over their own time seem happier and more content across the board.

My SIL who is in her late 50s has always worked from home. We used to live close and shared carpooling etc to get our kids to all the various schools (5 kids in total) and daycares. I worked away from home and I was always envious of her work life because she could do laundry and meal prep during her work day. I’m sure she was also envious of me because I worked PT and could pick my days/hours (on call nurse who worked in the per diem pool).

• Upvote 2

I don’t know, if given the choice of influencer vs my job (healthcare, obstetrical field), I would choose my job. I love it. I’m on mat leave now for a year and while I am so grateful for this time with our baby, I really miss the stimulation of work, seeing colleagues, making those clinical decisions, learning and growing professionally and academically. 

• Upvote 5

I could work from home. But most days, I don't. Because I hate it. When I was forced to work from home for months due to Covid I almost got depressed.

I just need to meet my colleagues in person, talk to them, have fun with them. Sitting at home, staring in at my computer alone not talking to anybody is not for me.

I also need to talk to adults because after work there are only my little kids who talk to me.

I also love my work but that would not really be different if I worked from home.

On sunday I look forward to monday because after two whole days entaining my little ones I'm so ready for a change.

I would also never ever quit my job to become a youtuber. I do hardly take any photos now let alone videos. If it was my job to produce videos on a regular basis that would totally stress me out. I never got the fascination of becoming a youtuber/influencer/.. anyway.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I'm a pretty strong introvert but I found the couple months of total lock down/work from home very difficult. Which surprised me a lot. I just couldn't separate work from home. It became very miserable. Apparently my drives back and forth from work are important transformational times.

I'm glad these 2 have something to support themselves and years down the road he can go back to electrician if needed. They're very lucky.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Past 2 weeks youtubes:

Evan's bored me to death finally.

Last week they went to the Bahamas and somehow made that seem extremely boring.

The only thing that stood out to me was there was a pastor type praying in a bus and he said something like Jesus is the best savior...there's other savior options? I'm intrigued.

This week was more nothing...including literally watching them grass seed their yard...we've not quite hit paint drying...but maybe next week?

There was an exxxxxtttteeended  golf with Travis segment. Golf is already boring Evan...please just no. I continue to think Evan has a fundie man crush on Travis. 

Carlin made a comment about how one day their car will be packed with their kids in all the seats -it was mildly interesting that Evan said nothing quippy back at that. 

Then there was some portrait oriented phone camera footage (b-roll?)of the weirdest looking Zach n Whitney baby sex reveal...with pouring tea in white clothes and a charcuterie board? Wtf man? I'm afraid to go over to whitneyworld and seet what that was. Tea stains white fabric Whitney. Tea stains are no joke.

I've given up snarking on the Stew Crew. There's nothing but bland empty whiteness.

• Upvote 7

I actually thought several things were interesting about this week's vlog. 

1. Katie left 4 week old Hailey with Carlin to go get her nails done with Lydia and Josie. I was surprised she was ready to leave the baby already honestly. I am glad she got some time away to relax and see her friends/sisters but again, I was surprised. 

2. Evan sprinkled grass seed on some spots in this yard and he was not doing it in an efficient, even layer. Carlin picks up the bag and does the seeding in a good, even layer. No snark there. Take the lead. Get it done, girl. Fundie girl doing a "guy chore". 

3. Zade's birthday reminds me that it has been basically a full year since Carlin's issues started. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic