IGNORED

CarVan12: Health Scare Continues ... and Worsens :(

nelliebelle1197

Katie is due in early March, in about 4 weeks, but since she has at least some of the same clotting disorders as her sisters, she may be expecting to deliver early. I believe both Erin and Carlin delivered most/all of their babies multiple weeks early, so maybe Carlin decided to come early and stay several weeks assuming Katie would give birth early.

• Upvote 5

Today's youtube vlog.

Stewart family had a party for Layla. She got many girly toy gifts. Elsa stuff.

They drove home from nashville and almost immediately decided to go up to Katie for possible birth.

Mentioned something like (paraphrased)"hey we might have to stay a few weeks and that's ok"

Evan drove through the night (10 hrs) after having just driven from Nashville.

Man I wish I had this energy!

They got to Katie. And I guess things looked less imminent once there.  Basketball game with Travis church.

Potty training Layla. Katie and Carlin insane giggle time. They went shopping and bought just soooo much make up.

And then it just kinda ended. Which was weird.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 2/3/2023 at 8:13 AM, OHFL2009 said:

Katie is due in early March, in about 4 weeks, but since she has at least some of the same clotting disorders as her sisters, she may be expecting to deliver early. I believe both Erin and Carlin delivered most/all of their babies multiple weeks early, so maybe Carlin decided to come early and stay several weeks assuming Katie would give birth early.

Katie and Travis’s last vlog said she’d been to the doctor and was told she could go at any time and it would probably be within the next two weeks. Thus the frantic summoning of Carlin. 

I’ve watched the last few vlogs from both the Clarks and the Stewarts and Katie seems very anxious and over-organized (I also hate whatever she does with her eyebrows, but that’s a completely different issue). She was packing hospital bags weeks in advance. Travis, on the other hand, comes across as way too young to be a father. Not to mention that the idea of Carlin and Evan as the older, more experienced couple is utterly laughable. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Katie did seem extremely anxious in Carlins vlog.

And I did notice her weird 90s Era overplucked eyebrows.

I've never watched any of their content though. Katie has always rubbed me the wrong way for no precise reason I can name. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Katie did seem extremely anxious in Carlins vlog.

And I did notice her weird 90s Era overplucked eyebrows.

I've never watched any of their content though. Katie has always rubbed me the wrong way for no precise reason I can name. 

This may be me reading into things too much. But I’ve always seen Katie as someone who hasn’t figured out who she is. So she is just what people expect of her. I wonder if she’s ever thought about who she is. Or if she just accepts what everyone tells her she should be. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Smoochie said:

Katie looks older than she is (makeup), yet, still so young and immature, Travis too, which their videos so clearly show.

I agree. She doesn't get nearly as much hate as Claire Spivey-Duggar does, but it's the same effect. In a lot of pictures (particularly her wedding pics) Katie looks like she could be his mom or his aunt.

6 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

*snip* I've never watched any of their content though. Katie has always rubbed me the wrong way for no precise reason I can name. 

I actually genuinely love their content, but Katie constantly using "good" when it should be "well" drives me up a wall.

The internet term for the phenomenon is "BEC," which means "bitch eating crackers." A person that can do something as innocuous as eating crackers, and it'll still make you crazy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2

Even the bit of Katie in the latest Stewart video had my skin crawling. She just irritates me!

Makes no sense. For some reason the fact that she loves ice cream *bothers* me. Like people can't like ice cream? I dunno. Not you katie...just shut up!  There's a crazy lady inside me somewhere.

Evan's stupid hat sets me off too. ....(stupid backwards hat wearing person. Nobody ever teach you to wear a hat?)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

Thank you @CaptainFunderpants for the explanation of BEC. I had always assumed the person complaining about someone else's trivial annoyances (or even non-annoyances) was the Bitch who was Eating Crackers. I need to stop making stuff up and look stuff up instead.

• Upvote 2

This is a little old but did anyone see some photos they posted on instagram a week or so ago? They did a photo shoot and took some couple pictures on the kitchen counter. 🤮 I cannot imagine ever EVER saying to my husband "Hey fluff-man! Let's hire a professional photographer to come to the house to take sexy pics of us making out on the kitchen counter! We can put them in the Christmas card next year!" 🤣

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This may be me reading into things too much. But I’ve always seen Katie as someone who hasn’t figured out who she is. So she is just what people expect of her. I wonder if she’s ever thought about who she is. Or if she just accepts what everyone tells her she should be. 

I have always read Katie as an extreme people pleaser. She is right in the middle and I think "her thing" was being easy to get along with (and she was grouped with Josie and Carlin, who both have strong, if very different personalities). 

She is the sister who sends other sisters coffees and take out. She helped out with her nieces and nephews when she lived at home. She comes across as thoughtful but I also think she has made it her whole personality, pleasing others. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

This is a little old but did anyone see some photos they posted on instagram a week or so ago? They did a photo shoot and took some couple pictures on the kitchen counter. 🤮 I cannot imagine ever EVER saying to my husband "Hey fluff-man! Let's hire a professional photographer to come to the house to take sexy pics of us making out on the kitchen counter! We can put them in the Christmas card next year!" 🤣

Say whaaa? That’s not normal? 🤣🤣 

I look at it this way,  their life will come crashing down at some point.  Not that I wish bad.. 

It’s not a “normal” life. Most people aren’t stupid enough to have a white or beige couch with kids. 

Ans pics are supposed to be natural   Kids in dirt or leftover breakfast on their shirt   Guaranteed my husband isn’t wearing matching sweats with me  🤣 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Even the bit of Katie in the latest Stewart video had my skin crawling. She just irritates me!

Makes no sense. For some reason the fact that she loves ice cream *bothers* me. Like people can't like ice cream? I dunno. Not you katie...just shut up!  There's a crazy lady inside me somewhere.

Evan's stupid hat sets me off too. ....(stupid backwards hat wearing person. Nobody ever teach you to wear a hat?)

Oh my god DEAD. My crazy lady is kind of ... external.

• Upvote 1

Do people who grew and continue living in a cult even get to develop a personality? Especially for females there is a pretty clear expectation of what a godly woman is. I believe Katie wants to live up to those standards and feels immense pressure to do so. Hence her anxiety.

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Smash! said:

Do people who grew and continue living in a cult even get to develop a personality? Especially for females there is a pretty clear expectation of what a godly woman is. I believe Katie wants to live up to those standards and feels immense pressure to do so. Hence her anxiety.

I also think she's anxious.  I don't find her especially annoying though, at least not yet.  She may just need some time to calm down and I'm interested to see how she handles being a mom.

• Upvote 2

There seems to be a lot of anxiety lately in the fundie women. Understandably, but just noticing we've got several we've been talking about lately (jinger, Carlin, katie of the ones I pay attention to).

4 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Oh my god DEAD. My crazy lady is kind of ... external.

I mean...I *try* to pretend it's not a base feature of my personality. But people keep noticing. 🤔

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

On 2/5/2023 at 10:02 AM, Smoochie said:

Katie looks older than she is (makeup), yet, still so young and immature, Travis too, which their videos so clearly show.

Yes! Like the only time she actually became a person was when she started putting her claws into Travis. 
I mean, does anyone else feel like that went on for 3 years? And "I love pizza. I love ice cream." Those things aren't hard to love, Katie. It's like saying you had fun at Disneyland.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 2/6/2023 at 7:43 AM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

There seems to be a lot of anxiety lately in the fundie women. Understandably, but just noticing we've got several we've been talking about lately (jinger, Carlin, katie of the ones I pay attention to).

. . . .

It's an exhausting way to live. You're under so much pressure to be perfect to your husband, your kids, the pastor, the people at church, the outside world. Only some emotions are allowed- happy, joyous, thankful. The others are sins--sadness, depressed, grief--and then, oops, you just missed the mark of being perfect again. You have to go to ALL the church events: 3-4 services a week and then all the activities, all the special services. And you're also the one solely in charge of cleaning, cooking, and teaching the children. And then be joyfully available at all times.  I'm surprised that more of us didn't/don't break.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

RE: The anxiety of young fundie women right now 

I think that's the thing with these cults. The "old generation" of the IBLP/Gothard JOINED because they were anxious. All the rules and following of the headship (despite all the poverty and millions of kids that ensued) really did ease those women's anxiety. They felt they had found their purpose, they no longer feared hell, they had a husband to make scary decisions for them, etc. Women like JRod, Mama Bates, and Mechelle literally CHOSE this life for themselves willingly and many of us suspect were the ones to first drag their husbands into it. 

Meanwhile, when they project it onto their offspring, it CREATES anxiety because the daughters and sons aren't choosing this life for themselves. That's what's so insidious about religion in general to me, never mind a full-blown cult: the children don't get to choose! 

Carlin and Joy had major breakdowns of their faith before "rediscovering" their purpose. Jinger had a mini-escape and Jill is deconstructing before our eyes. Who knows where Katie is . . . the anxiety might be the first step that something is wrong in this life that her mother chose & loved but now she has been forced to conform to. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

20 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

It's an exhausting way to live. You're under so much pressure to be perfect to your husband, your kids, the pastor, the people at church, the outside world. Only some emotions are allowed- happy, joyous, thankful. The others are sins--sadness, depressed, grief--and then, oops, you just missed the mark of being perfect again. You have to go to ALL the church events: 3-4 services a week and then all the activities, all the special services. And you're also the one solely in charge of cleaning, cooking, and teaching the children. And then be joyfully available at all times.  I'm surprised that more of us didn't/don't break.

And that is WITHOUT the self-imposed pressure of being an "Influencer." That alone would break me

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

And that is WITHOUT the self-imposed pressure of being an "Influencer." That alone would break me

Agreed. Both the Duggar and Bates women seem to think that anyone, and with very little effort, can be a successful influencer, much like they likely thought anyone can be an actor when they were doing reality TV. NO, not everyone can be a convincing influencer (Or a credible actor).

Can you imagine Michaela trying to be an influencer? No, just no. And thankfully she doesn’t think she needs to be.

Pressure and anxiety all the way-

• Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Agreed. Both the Duggar and Bates women seem to think that anyone, and with very little effort, can be a successful influencer, much like they likely thought anyone can be an actor when they were doing reality TV. NO, not everyone can be a convincing influencer (Or a credible actor).

Can you imagine Michaela trying to be an influencer? No, just no. And thankfully she doesn’t think she needs to be.

Pressure and anxiety all the way-

It’s like Lawson thinking he can be a famous country singer 🙄

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I think that's the thing with these cults. The "old generation" of the IBLP/Gothard JOINED because they were anxious. All the rules and following of the headship (despite all the poverty and millions of kids that ensued) really did ease those women's anxiety. They felt they had found their purpose, they no longer feared hell, they had a husband to make scary decisions for them, etc. Women like JRod, Mama Bates, and Mechelle literally CHOSE this life for themselves willingly and many of us suspect were the ones to first drag their husbands into it. 

Meanwhile, when they project it onto their offspring, it CREATES anxiety because the daughters and sons aren't choosing this life for themselves. That's what's so insidious about religion in general to me, never mind a full-blown cult: the children don't get to choose! 

I think you are onto something. Many of the older generation of fundie women joined because it eased their fears. The ones who chose to join - they'd lived real lives "in the world" and repented and got saved and are following the checklist and yay, they are going to heaven! But the younger ones born into it? They are constantly told they are to repent, and get saved, and all that... but, saved from what? Repent about what? They can follow the checklist and do what they are supposed to but it seems they always have that nagging worry - am I really saved? Did I really repent? I'm supposed to confess my sins to God but what do I confess? I did all the things, didn't I? 

It's no wonder some of them are questioning, once they are out from under their parents' headship. It's no wonder so many of them seem anxious. 

Then there are the oddballs like JillRod who were dragged into it as a child, and went whole-hog into it.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s like Lawson thinking he can be a famous country singer 🙄

He makes me cringe. His wife seems totally 1000% fake, but I'm not sure whose using who?

• I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic