IGNORED

Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Kwyn wrote an article about their family in a 2018 issue of a Southwestern Oklahoma State University* literary magazine. Kwyn mentions "coming home from school" in the afternoons, so I assume she/he wasn't homeschool. :

https://dc.swosu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1331&context=westview 

*My maternal grandma went to Southwestern Oklahoma for a couple of years but had to drop out because of the depression.

She's a good writer.  I enjoyed that article.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Any guesses on honeymoon plans?  A short, local one … maybe even venturing one or 2 states away?  Or a longer, really interesting one to a forgein  country?

• Upvote 4

Maybe even Steve and Teri realized that keeping a 39 YO, nearing middle aged woman at home under lock and key, and yoked to her 2, younger sisters was ridiculous. And Thank God they came to their bloody senses ! 

Sarah is 40 and up until last Saturday, her dad was seemingly controlling her life. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I don’t think there’s a way Steve would’ve approved of her husband’s family. I’m so glad she now has more freedom. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I don’t think there’s a way Steve would’ve approved of her husband’s family. I’m so glad she now has more freedom. 

They're still definitely Christian though and there's no doubting Kory's religious commitment given his involvement in children's and youth ministry.

Kory may also have been a a 43-year-old virgin, and he owns his own house in a low cost of living area so he probably has little, if any, debt. 

He might not have been the husband Steve imagined for Sarah 10-20 years ago, when Steve was probably rejecting spouses left, right and centre, but I think he'd got to the stage where he had to accept Kory as 'good enough' if he was not going to continue to be seen in his circles as 'that guy who failed to get any of his daughters married'. 

Especially given the types of Christians they were now spending time with at church are likely to be much more like Kory's family and less like the Maxwells (not homeschooling, regular jobs, regular churches, pants wearing for all the women). Steve might be having the occasional cry about 'naked' women at that church, but they've embraced this world now, and with the kids all adults he can't really make them go back.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

TIL that Kwyn is female. Not only did she attend public high school, she played varsity basketball. And then went on to a public university.

I think we can safely assume Steve had no voice in the Kory-Sarah match.

I definitely think Steve (maybe begrudgingly) approved the match but don’t believe he tried to initiate it. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

Especially given the types of Christians they were now spending time with at church are likely to be much more like Kory's family and less like the Maxwells (not homeschooling, regular jobs, regular churches, pants wearing for all the women).

Was the wedding held at this church? Who presided?

If officiant was the pastor who seems to have been instrumental in liberating the Maxwell daughters, I doubt he'd allow Steve to run roughshod over the engaged couple or their wedding plans. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

I definitely think Steve (maybe begrudgingly) approved the match but don’t believe he tried to initiate it. 

Hopefully  Sarah and Kory initiated their own match.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Sarah is 40 and up until last Saturday, her dad was seemingly controlling her life. 

To me the big separation was moving out. A happy marriage of her own choosing is great, but the step away from Steve happened well before the wedding itself. The moving is likely what made this wedding possible.

(Or perhaps you meant “last year” instead of “last Saturday”?)

• Upvote 24

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There are TONS of dresses with sleeves and they cover their shoulders. There are high neck options! That was completely unknown back in 2009. I think it’s a million times easier today to find a modest wedding dress. 

I was looking for something on the COSTCO website and they have a link to a modest clothing site. 

14 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Kwyn wrote an article about their family in a 2018 issue of a Southwestern Oklahoma State University* literary magazine. Kwyn mentions "coming home from school" in the afternoons, so I assume she/he wasn't homeschool. :

https://dc.swosu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1331&context=westview 

That's a great article. The dad is a retired school teacher and coach, and yes, the kids went to public school. Actually sounds like a wonderful family. Considering that the daughter was 19 when she made her first pie, they weren't training the daughters as sister moms. 

So happy for Sarah! 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, Hellothere said:

Any guesses on honeymoon plans?  A short, local one … maybe even venturing one or 2 states away?  

That would be my guess. Maybe Colorado or New Mexico. 

• Upvote 1

Chelsea posted pictures!

There's a shot of steve and terri but who fucking cares about them, cannot be bothered with those 🤣

Edited by Alisamer
Chelsy's insta is private, so no posting from it!
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 11

10 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I think Steve's head is exploding.

Sarah has married into a family in which the children:

• attended public school
  • played sports
  • went to college
  • chose the careers they wanted
  • have careers where they work for other people
  • most likely the sons weren't forced to buy a house for cash before marriage
  • the daughters weren't forced to be SAHD waiting in vain for Prince Charming
  • the daughters weren't forced to wear long denim skirts only
  • there is no worship of the almightly schedule and ceiling fan dusting

In Stevehovah's world Sarah is now an extended family member. A Bollinger not a Maxwell. Stevehovah will have no say in Sarah and Kory's life. Never. Ever.  Never.

To paraphrase The Wizard of Oz -- Sarah's not in Kansas anymore.

The Derrick Dillard of the Maxwell family! LOL

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, love2scrap said:

Wow, look at those bridesmaid dresses! Cute and just at knee length! And Sarah's dress looks nearly-sleeveless in these pics. She looks happy, and I hope they are happy together and get to enjoy life on their own terms.

And also that they only have as many children (or none) as they want and that those kids get to go to real school and have real friends and do real activities and grandpa Steve doesn't get a say and isn't allowed to make them feel bad about their choices.

EDITED because I didn't realize Chelsy's insta was private. Ooops, sorry!

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 11

5 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Chelsy's instagram is private.  I think posting that is against the rules.  

Correct. And she has not put the pictures on her blog

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

Sarah's face radiates complete and total joy in those pictures. I've never seen that in any of the Maxhell photos. Kory only has eyes for her.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, Petronella said:

To me the big separation was moving out. A happy marriage of her own choosing is great, but the step away from Steve happened well before the wedding itself. The moving is likely what made this wedding possible.

(Or perhaps you meant “last year” instead of “last Saturday”?)

I think all the girls have made great strides in finding their own voice and with that, Independence. I also think with the lives these girls have led, moving out AND getting married within 12 months IS HUGE. 12 months is like 5 seconds- My own son, your typical lapsed Catholic heathen, has been with his GF for almost 2 years. They moved in together at the 1 year mark. They are 31 and 33 with advanced degrees and good jobs. They are talking marriage, but both of these people have so much more life experiences than Sarah. 

Wonder if Sarah will sell her place or rent it out for passive income? 

ETA- Her dress is beautiful ! Well done, Sarah-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I hate to be the stick in the mud but Chelsy’s Instagram is private so those pics can’t be posted on FJ.

ETA: oh I see others beat me to it.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, love2scrap said:

Chelsea posted pictures!

There's a shot of steve and terri but who fucking cares about them, cannot be bothered with those 🤣

Could you please share the others including of Steve & Teri?  Pretty please?  

Edited by Alisamer
Removed images from Chelsy's private insta.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

That would be my guess. Maybe Colorado or New Mexico.

If Colorado, would that be "what some might call a honeymoon"?

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 18

1 more question. I’d love to know Steve and Teri’s involvement, especially Teri’s , with regards to wedding planning. Since Sarah is the first Maxwell daughter to get married, I wonder who had the final say? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wonder if Sarah will sell her place or rent it out for passive income?

While she did move to her own place ( my guess is she had already met Koryand they were thinking their relationship might lead to marriage), I never got the impression that she bought a residence but was just renting an apartment or condo on her own. Would be interesting to know if it was in Kansas or Oklahoma!

She did buy her own car before the move and blogged about Steve helping her with that.

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic