IGNORED

Bates 31: When Will They Go Away?

Coconut Flan

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All these Gothard families have known each other for many years. But it seems that some of them pair up here and there as close friends. Which I guess makes sense. 

I feel like this is one of the healthier things they do.

People grow and change and so do friendships. It's just a smaller and repetitive pool and so it's more easily quantifiable/observable.

So Zach and Whitney (with his banged up, injured foot and her morning sickness)  have gone to Grandpa Bill and Grandma Jane's farm so Zach can help his uncle with a task. (With his hurt foot?)

• Upvote 4

I think Bill is really sick. Erin mentioned he was hospitalized recently. Erin went to help, Michael has been there twice and now Zack.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

In Trace's YouTube video this week, Gil and KJ talk about their quivers. They talk about how birth control pills cause "micro abortions". They talk about how the children would want to pray and fast when Kelly wasn't pregnant. 

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 8
  • WTF 9

So Kelly’s health was expendable since her only reason for existing was being an incubator for precious new male humans (and the occasional female). 🤢

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Smash! said:

So Kelly’s health was expendable since her only reason for existing was being an incubator for precious new male humans (and the occasional female). 🤢

Blessed be the fruit.

• Upvote 18

On 2/19/2023 at 9:46 PM, CanadianMamam said:

They also saw Erin and the kids.

Screenshot_20230219-214328.thumb.png.ba525776eca1d640415b67b490affbb5.png

There is something funny about Alyssa:e kids in the matching dresses and Erin's kids all wearing whatever. 

And yes, I hate layovers that take you in the wrong direction. 

Wow, yes. I feel like Alyssa used to slightly get a pass because she was the only Bates with all girls in a row. But now Erin also has 4 consecutive daughters who (aside from the dresses only and wearing leggings in the Florida heat) are wearing normal mismatched casual clothes. Never thought I’d praise Erin for normalcy and valuing individuality. 

Is Alyssa going to start matching Rhett, too? Doubtful. Their photos are going to look like the infant king surrounded by his matching interchangeable handmaidens. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Johannah said:

Is Alyssa going to start matching Rhett, too?

They are going to match. Girls same dress, boy same colour/pattern. Immediately after the birth I predict 1 picture all in white, 1 picture all in denim and 1 picture with John's softball uniform. And Rhett will match sister's sunday dresses for long (by colour, not by shape). 

10 hours ago, Johannah said:

Wow, yes. I feel like Alyssa used to slightly get a pass because she was the only Bates with all girls in a row. But now Erin also has 4 consecutive daughters who (aside from the dresses only and wearing leggings in the Florida heat) are wearing normal mismatched casual clothes. Never thought I’d praise Erin for normalcy and valuing individuality. 

Webster girls are often casual dressed, not matching. They match on sundays. In the daily stories or when they go to the co-oo they don't match.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Any thing posted from ILYD? I’m on an IG fast for Lent-

Not much. 

Carlin and Evan posted a short video around the table for the couples' dinner. You can see Erin and Tori (with husbands). Josie and Kelton are there. Michaela and Brandon are there too, as are Trace and Lydia. Looks more low budget, as it is a regular restaurant and not a rented room or catered dinner. You can see other families there too eating. Evan is filming. You can see Carlin next to Michaela. I think Evan was next to Trace. Lydia was next to Tori and Bobby is on the end. Across from Bobby and Tori are Erin and Chad. Next to Chad is Josie and then Kelton. I think Gil and Kelly were next to Josie/Kelton. There were empty seats next to Kelly so maybe those were for Zach and Whitney? 

Michaela posted about the costumes. This year's theme was something about spies or something ("I'm on a top secret mission to find love.") She and Brandon did a revolutionary war type thing. 

Erin posted a video of them trying to line up the grandkids for a pic. I did chuckle because Carlin's daughter was front and center posing in the middle and they were trying to get her to move over to make sure everyone could be seen. Not making fun of a child, I just found it funny that of all of them, she was the one in the middle. Looks like they were back at the big house so no more large rented spaces and catering.

Missing from the party it would appear:

Alyssa, John, and kids. She's due in a few weeks.

Katie, Travis, and baby. She was just born.

Nathan, Esther, and Kenna 

Zach and Whitney (their kids weren't in the group getting their pics taken)

Lawson and Tiffany

Don't know about the younger kids other than Erin posted pics of Callie, Ellie, Addallee, Jud and Jeb with her or some of her kids.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

On 3/5/2023 at 5:09 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

Not much. 

Carlin and Evan posted a short video around the table for the couples' dinner. You can see Erin and Tori (with husbands). Josie and Kelton are there. Michaela and Brandon are there too, as are Trace and Lydia. Looks more low budget, as it is a regular restaurant and not a rented room or catered dinner. You can see other families there too eating. Evan is filming. You can see Carlin next to Michaela. I think Evan was next to Trace. Lydia was next to Tori and Bobby is on the end. Across from Bobby and Tori are Erin and Chad. Next to Chad is Josie and then Kelton. I think Gil and Kelly were next to Josie/Kelton. There were empty seats next to Kelly so maybe those were for Zach and Whitney? 

Michaela posted about the costumes. This year's theme was something about spies or something ("I'm on a top secret mission to find love.") She and Brandon did a revolutionary war type thing. 

Erin posted a video of them trying to line up the grandkids for a pic. I did chuckle because Carlin's daughter was front and center posing in the middle and they were trying to get her to move over to make sure everyone could be seen. Not making fun of a child, I just found it funny that of all of them, she was the one in the middle. Looks like they were back at the big house so no more large rented spaces and catering.

Missing from the party it would appear:

Alyssa, John, and kids. She's due in a few weeks.

Katie, Travis, and baby. She was just born.

Nathan, Esther, and Kenna 

Zach and Whitney (their kids weren't in the group getting their pics taken)

Lawson and Tiffany

Don't know about the younger kids other than Erin posted pics of Callie, Ellie, Addallee, Jud and Jeb with her or some of her kids.

Pics posted today do show Esther and Kenna being there. 

• Upvote 2

I’m glad Josie wasn’t afraid to go with a sexy outfit. You be you. Even if your fundie parents don’t approve. 

5CCC2395-AE67-40F6-B5DA-E1ACD29971AF.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m glad Josie wasn’t afraid to go with a sexy outfit. You be you. Even if your fundie parents don’t approve. 

5CCC2395-AE67-40F6-B5DA-E1ACD29971AF.jpeg

Omg Kelton is just sooo..bro-boy.

Does this look reference a specific movie or show? 

I guess nobody dressed up as a bond girl.

• Upvote 5

Is anyone else bothered by the theme name? "I'm on a top secret mission to find love" sounds so clunky and like it was written by someone without a firm grasp of the English language. Even something like "Top Secret Mission for Love" would be better.

15 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Is anyone else bothered by the theme name? "I'm on a top secret mission to find love" sounds so clunky and like it was written by someone without a firm grasp of the English language. Even something like "Top Secret Mission for Love" would be better.

That was how Michaela listed it. It might have been more simplistic but I just listed it as she posted it. Carlin and Josie both just refer to it as spy themed. 

16 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Does this look reference a specific movie or show? 

I'm thinking Josie was inspired by Alias.

65154_275_50r-456x570.jpg.ccb846a795371a6fd69ddf7027ccf3b0.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 4

Isn’t it funny how so much of the characters are mainstream? Alias is a mainstream tv show. Boss Baby is a mainstream movie. Long past the frumper and no tv days. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, indianabones said:

I'm thinking Josie was inspired by Alias.

Interesting. That show is 16 years old. I wonder how they were familiar with it and if they expected the other bates to know the reference? 

Once upon a time Alyssa said she wore skirts at parents house because that was the rule. I wonder if that was just for tv. Things seem to be softening if pants in costumes allowed and Josie felt comfortable wearing all black sexy outfit

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Interesting. That show is 16 years old. I wonder how they were familiar with it and if they expected the other bates to know the reference? 

Once upon a time Alyssa said she wore skirts at parents house because that was the rule. I wonder if that was just for tv. Things seem to be softening if pants in costumes allowed and Josie felt comfortable wearing all black sexy outfi

Alyssa did say it was for TV. She said she wore skirts at the main house for the show because it was her dad's show and his rules.

Last year's ILY Day was the first major family event after the cancellation and Alyssa wore jeans.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Once upon a time Alyssa said she wore skirts at parents house because that was the rule. I wonder if that was just for tv. Things seem to be softening if pants in costumes allowed and Josie felt comfortable wearing all black sexy outfit

Alias was on Netflix in December and I didn't get all the way through it again before they took it back down. Yes, I'm mad about that, LOL. It introduced me to Rosie Thomas' music which was some of my gateway music out of only IFBx approved music.

I disagreed then and still do that Alyssa ever said she wears skirts only at her parents' house. She said something along the lines of those were her parents' rules for their home. It could be interpreted to mean that she respects her parents' rules and doesn't wear pants while visiting but I think she meant that she respects that those are her parents' rules but she doesn't agree with them and no longer had to follow them after marriage.

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 1

It’s all so fucking stupid and pointless. Imagine dressing in certain clothing for your parents as a married adult with children. My parents don’t give a single shit about what I wear to their home.

• Upvote 10

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s all so fucking stupid and pointless. Imagine dressing in certain clothing for your parents as a married adult with children. My parents don’t give a single shit about what I wear to their home.

Yeah, dress for the occasion, not the parents. These shows were so ridiculous and fake.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Yeah, dress for the occasion, not the parents. These shows were so ridiculous and fake.

I guess it’s perfect for gothard’s cult. All the rules Gothard made up were ridiculous. And you could never show your true emotions. Therefore I would argue everyone in the cult is fake. The show stayed true to the cult.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic