IGNORED

Bates 31: When Will They Go Away?

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, indianabones said:

I'm thinking Josie was inspired by Alias.

65154_275_50r-456x570.jpg.ccb846a795371a6fd69ddf7027ccf3b0.jpg

She said on her instastories it was Alias theme. I wonder if she watched it or just googled an easy costume. I am sure the whole black outfit was in her normal closet. 

• Upvote 1

I wonder if any of the grown Bates kids think this made up holiday is silly now, and wish they could dress in costumes at Halloween, or New Year's Eve, or Mardi Gras, like normal people. I think before the tv shows, they just dressed for "I Love You Day" and had a fancy dinner.

[I know that the Webster kids do get to wear Halloween costumes]

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I wonder if any of the grown Bates kids think this made up holiday is silly now, and wish they could dress in costumes at Halloween, or New Year's Eve, or Mardi Gras, like normal people. I think before the tv shows, they just dressed for "I Love You Day" and had a fancy dinner.

[I know that the Webster kids do get to wear Halloween costumes]

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The Bates made up I Love You day because it was the same time they got their tax returns back. When you’re poor with a bazillion kids, you get a decent sized return. I’m sure they never had money at Christmas and it made the kids disappointed. The Bateses couldn’t seem to save their money so the spent the tax return the minute they got it. Which was February. And what holiday is in February? Valentine’s Day. But that’s too Catholic. So they made up their own name for it. Like pocket Angel eggs are just deviled eggs. Now they all have enough money. But the tradition continues because the Bateses need content for social media. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 19

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The Bates made up I Love You day because it was the same time they got their tax returns back. When you’re poor with a bazillion kids, you get a decent sized return. I’m sure they never had money at Christmas and it made the kids disappointed. The Bateses couldn’t seem to save their money so the spent the tax return the minute they got it. Which was February. And what holiday is in February? Valentine’s Day. But that’s too Catholic. So they made up their own name for it. Like pocket Angel eggs are just deviled eggs. Now they all have enough money. But the tradition continues because the Bateses need content for social media. 

Yep. They could shop all of the after holidays sales to buy the gifts. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s all so fucking stupid and pointless. Imagine dressing in certain clothing for your parents as a married adult with children. My parents don’t give a single shit about what I wear to their home.

It is a hard habit to break. I have several  conservative family members and growing up it was drilled into me that on family occasions I wore a skirt, etc. Last summer, one of those relatives popped into see me and I didn't have a ton of notice and so I was wearing yoga pants (had been working in my garden) and I felt profoundly embarrassed even though the relative definitely didn't care. 

• Upvote 5

I remember my mom forcing us to wear an undershirt any time we saw our great grandma in winter. I love that woman but damn, she thought we would all die of pneumonia if we didn’t wear an undershirt in winter. I get it though. Tons of kids died of diseases when she was little. 

• Upvote 11

Now I’m thinking about how my sibling dressed “goth” with piercings, dog chains, giant jnco pants, and long hair. My dad hated the look but guess what. He didn’t make him dress differently. Probably because my dad had long hair in high school and my grandpa hated it. But he didn’t make him get a haircut. I guess I come from a long line of parents who hate their teenagers’ style but never tell them to change. Because that’s the best thing to do as a parent. Let your kid experiment with their style. It’s crazy to think fundies would never ever allow that. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Yeah, dress for the occasion, not the parents. These shows were so ridiculous and fake.

I think dress for the occasion was skirts for the occasion of visiting your family home.

Whatever she meant exactly, I think they are loosening up if for no other reason than they now have a huge variety pack of in laws who all have their own standards.

When it's just a few married ins im sure it was easier to keep everyone more in line with the old ways.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

That was how Michaela listed it. It might have been more simplistic but I just listed it as she posted it. Carlin and Josie both just refer to it as spy themed. 

No that was the way Kelly said it too and had it in signs, and then explained there were spy, secret agent,  and detective costumes to interpret it. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2023 at 1:22 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Alyssa did say it was for TV. She said she wore skirts at the main house for the show because it was her dad's show and his rules.

Last year's ILY Day was the first major family event after the cancellation and Alyssa wore jeans.

I distinctly remember an event where Whitney posted social media pics in jeans and a top and then the show showed her at the same event in the same top and a skirt. She totally got changed for the show. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I distinctly remember an event where Whitney posted social media pics in jeans and a top and then the show showed her at the same event in the same top and a skirt. She totally got changed for the show. 

Yup, they were at Papa Bill's farm. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Yup, they were at Papa Bill's farm. 

Yup after I posted it I was getting flashbacks to the farm and thought that may be it 

Thanks for the confirmation 

• Upvote 1

Is this the first time a Bates or Duggar gets engaged without having their own topic?

This one has been in the cards for a while. He is also the youngest Bates Groom (by a lot). 

28 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Jackson and Emerson are engaged. The post doesn't include when or where it happened. 

AFBA2ED8-8F49-4BC5-A08E-91449CFE9E36_1_201_a.jpeg

Emerson's sister has a post showing that Emerson has already said yes to the dress.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Eyeroll 1

Very very interesting. He just turned 21; can't remember if she's the same age. Some of the photos look quite intimate for a family that believes in the first kiss being at marriage. So it's natural to wonder; or maybe they agree on small kisses during engagement? I'm considering that for myself. But I'm 2 1/2 months into a break-up so there's a lot of evaluation I'm doing. 

So we'll see how it goes. In 2023, 3 babies(so far, and one born) and one wedding. Ah ah ah ah........

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

Very very interesting. He just turned 21; can't remember if she's the same age. Some of the photos look quite intimate for a family that believes in the first kiss being at marriage. So it's natural to wonder; or maybe they agree on small kisses during engagement? I'm considering that for myself. But I'm 2 1/2 months into a break-up so there's a lot of evaluation I'm doing. 

So we'll see how it goes. In 2023, 3 babies(so far, and one born) and one wedding. Ah ah ah ah........

None of the Bates boys have stuck to that. They have all kissed before the wedding. 

Yes, 3 women currently pregnant, one baby already born (so at least 4 grandbates this year) and now a wedding. 

If Jackson gets married before October (and I'm sure he will) then the Bates will have married off 4 of their sons + 1 daughter in less than 2 years. From 1 married Bates boy to (almost) 5.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 6

As per Whitney's post the engagement was in Florida, apparently Jackson and Zach are close so Jackson and Emerson wanted Zach and Whitney there. How old are the remaining 7 Bates kids? Won't be too long before they're all married too I suppose...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

As per Whitney's post the engagement was in Florida, apparently Jackson and Zach are close so Jackson and Emerson wanted Zach and Whitney there. How old are the remaining 7 Bates kids? Won't be too long before they're all married too I suppose...

Warden turns 20 in May, Isaiah will be 19 in October, Addallee just turned 17, Ellie is 16 in April, Callie will be 14 in August, Judson will be 13 in September and Jeb just turned 11. I

There is a very good chance that everyone but Judson and Jeb will be married in the next 5-6 years. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

I was curious how old Emerson is. A duggar/bates tumblr-account lists her birthday as April 22'nd 2003. Jackson was born on February 17'th 2002. So he's a little over a year older than her, if that's her correct birthday. She'll be 20 in six weeks from now. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xenobia said:

I was curious how old Emerson is. A duggar/bates tumblr-account lists her birthday as April 22'nd 2003. Jackson was born on February 17'th 2002. So he's a little over a year older than her, if that's her correct birthday. She'll be 20 in six weeks from now. 

Her sister has birthday posts for the dated April 24 2021 and April 22 2022. So her birthday is one of those two dates and later posts are more common than early posts. And yes, she turned 19 last year. 

She is one of 6 kids. Her mom and sister run a social media management/digital copy writing  company, which is definitely interesting. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I kind of want a Jackson thread because I have bridal party predictions. And I think her wedding dress will be very un-Bates like. 

• Upvote 4

Looks like Lydia took the pictures, and Lydia and Trace are now with the Websters. Based on IG, the engagement took place in Winter Park, FL, which is about 45min away from Alyssa in Clermont.  

I am kinda right in the middle of both of those places and I’ll just pretend I’m comfortable with that. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Isaiah seems shy to me. I don’t think he will be a 21 year old groom like his brother. 

Isaiah does seem shy. But 5-6 years put him at 24/25, so I still think it is a good estimate. 

Warden seems very interested in the opposite sex and I think he will marry fairly young because their belief system says they have to lol. 

And the Bates girls tend to marry between 19 and 22 so I think Ellie, Addee and Callie will all follow suit. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic