IGNORED

Bates 31: When Will They Go Away?

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Isaiah seems shy to me. I don’t think he will be a 21 year old groom like his brother. 

I dunno in a huge extended family with lots of match make-y sisters, sister in laws, cousins, weddings to meet people at etc etc.

it might not take him long at all

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I dunno in a huge extended family with lots of match make-y sisters, sister in laws, cousins, weddings to meet people at etc etc.

it might not take him long at all

Most of the Bates boys didn’t get married as young as Jackson will. And it’s up to the boy to initiate thanks to sexist rules. I don’t see him pushing himself to find a girlfriend as young as Jackson. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Is this the first time a Bates or Duggar gets engaged without having their own topic?

Lol I can see that has been remedied now.

I was having technical difficulties yesterday.  

• Thank You 2

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Most of the Bates boys didn’t get married as young as Jackson will. And it’s up to the boy to initiate thanks to sexist rules. I don’t see him pushing himself to find a girlfriend as young as Jackson. 

Jackson and Michaela are the odd ones out in terms of age at engagement.

Ages at time of engagement: 

Josie, 18 years, 10 months + 15 days 

Alyssa 19 years, 2 months + 17 days 

Carlin 20 years, 5 months + 13 days 

Katie 20 years, 6 months + 2 days 

Jackson 21 years, 21 days 

Tori 21 years, 9 months + 1 day 

Erin 22 years, 3 months + 3 days 

Zach 24 years, 8 months + 12 days 

Trace 25 years, 1 month + 20 days 

Michaela 25 years, 2 months + 21 days

Nathan 27 years, 8 months + 24 days 

Lawson 29 years, 2 months + 30 days 

Assuming this, then Warden and Isaiah will marry around 24-26. While Ellie, Addee and Callie will marry between 19-22. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

Couple of notes about recent youtube posts and the ILYD party. 

1. Whitney and Zach are not seen at the couples' dinner on Friday night nor the family party on Saturday. However, in the Stewarts' video she is seen at the boutique on Saturday and is taking pics. (They did go to Florida for the engagement but that seems to have taken place March 10ish).

2. During Trace and Lydia's announcement of her pregnancy, Carlin and Evan and kids are missing, as is Esther.

3. There is a mystery guy (didn't look like one of the Bateses who comes in the front door and back out again.

4. Emerson is not seen in any of the videos or pics so I'm assuming she wasn't there.

5. WTH is up with all the mess on the Bates front porch? It was like a storage room with windows, car parts, boxes, etc. I know they portrayed Gil as a packrat on the show but dang. 

6. Gone are the days of UP and the closeness of the family squealing and talking over each other all the time. That video of the couples' dinner (though short) basically showed a bunch of bored people sitting around a table. People were staring at their phones, not really even acknowledging each other, and it looks awkward. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Couple of notes about recent youtube posts and the ILYD party. 

1. Whitney and Zach are not seen at the couples' dinner on Friday night nor the family party on Saturday. However, in the Stewarts' video she is seen at the boutique on Saturday and is taking pics. (They did go to Florida for the engagement but that seems to have taken place March 10ish).

2. During Trace and Lydia's announcement of her pregnancy, Carlin and Evan and kids are missing, as is Esther.

3. There is a mystery guy (didn't look like one of the Bateses who comes in the front door and back out again.

4. Emerson is not seen in any of the videos or pics so I'm assuming she wasn't there.

5. WTH is up with all the mess on the Bates front porch? It was like a storage room with windows, car parts, boxes, etc. I know they portrayed Gil as a packrat on the show but dang. 

6. Gone are the days of UP and the closeness of the family squealing and talking over each other all the time. That video of the couples' dinner (though short) basically showed a bunch of bored people sitting around a table. People were staring at their phones, not really even acknowledging each other, and it looks awkward. 

2. Esther was there during the announcement. She stayed seated in the couch during the pregnancy announcement though when everyone else got up to hug Trace and Lydia. She looked kinda awkward. She was sitting next to Ellie. 

3. Mystery guy is Dillan Binkley, a friend of Warden's. He went skiing too. There is speculation he might be interested in either Addallee or Ellie. Although Ellie isn't even 16 yet, so probably Addallee. 

6. I didn't watch the couple's dinner video, but the announcement had lots of the squealing and talking over each other. And we see so little of Tori that I often forget how loud she is, but it came across very clear in that brief video. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

6. I didn't watch the couple's dinner video, but the announcement had lots of the squealing and talking over each other. And we see so little of Tori that I often forget how loud she is, but it came across very clear in that brief video. 

Yes, that is what made the couple's dinner video snippet so jarringly different. I have been to livelier dinners with people I just met. I can't put my finger on it but it was just very subdued compared to their normal personalities. 

Yes, that was an appearance of Tori 1.0. Tori 2.0 showed up after meeting Bobby and only went back to loud and obnoxious when wanting that engagement ring. 

11 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

3. Mystery guy is Dillan Binkley, a friend of Warden's. He went skiing too. There is speculation he might be interested in either Addallee or Ellie. Although Ellie isn't even 16 yet, so probably Addallee. 

I never got a good enough look at him. Thanks. Even with several of the kids missing I was like who is this fool wandering in and out.

14 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

2. Esther was there during the announcement. She stayed seated in the couch during the pregnancy announcement though when everyone else got up to hug Trace and Lydia. She looked kinda awkward. She was sitting next to Ellie. 

I rewatched. Yes, you're right. She had changed out of or not into her costume yet. I was looking for the red dress. I am sure it is awkward for her at these things without Nathan. They don't live in the area so I doubt she can easily even identify everyone (especially the kids) on sight. She's probably sitting there still wondering who is pregnant.

18 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Yes, that is what made the couple's dinner video snippet so jarringly different. I have been to livelier dinners with people I just met. I can't put my finger on it but it was just very subdued compared to their normal personalities. 

Was it Carlin and Evan who filmed it? Because they seem to be on the outs (or at least not close) with everyone who went to the couple's dinner (except Gil & Kelly) and I wonder if that contributed to the awkwardness, if none of them wanted Carvan taping them. 

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I didn't think about it too much but I just assumed it was a sort of "almost ready, everybody quiet down for a minute" moment or something along those lines. Where it was sort of between things so people were waiting for the next thing to start.

Spoiler

Jackson and Michaela are the odd ones out in terms of age at engagement.

Ages at time of engagement: 

Josie, 18 years, 10 months + 15 days 

Alyssa 19 years, 2 months + 17 days 

Carlin 20 years, 5 months + 13 days 

Katie 20 years, 6 months + 2 days 

Jackson 21 years, 21 days 

Tori 21 years, 9 months + 1 day 

Erin 22 years, 3 months + 3 days 

Zach 24 years, 8 months + 12 days 

Trace 25 years, 1 month + 20 days 

Michaela 25 years, 2 months + 21 days

Nathan 27 years, 8 months + 24 days 

Lawson 29 years, 2 months + 30 days 

good god there's so many of them...and breeding. it's rather frightening all typed out like this

Edited by WatchingTheTireFireBurn
always the typos
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Was it Carlin and Evan who filmed it? Because they seem to be on the outs (or at least not close) with everyone who went to the couple's dinner (except Gil & Kelly) and I wonder if that contributed to the awkwardness, if none of them wanted Carvan taping them. 

It was Evan filming but even Carlin looked bored and ready to go for the split second he showed her. Kelly Jo was ordering so maybe they were all about the food, but it just felt off. Maybe it speaks to Evan's lack of story showing ability. Maybe they were all tired. It just went against their narrative about how close everyone is with each other. I remember a few months ago there was a video where Josie was holding Zade. That video had a similar vibe. You could hear Josie telling Kelton that she couldn't believe how chunky Zade was now. I realize they aren't close sisters (and respect that because I couldn't handle Carlin at all), but how have you not seen your own nephew at the same church. 

I would add that normally on the show (not sure about real life) Kelly Jo and even Zach seem to bring everyone together in activities and conversation. Even Gil with his sermons does that. Maybe it got better? 

I feel like it was an awkward combo of people. It is really one group that hangs out together and Carlin who sees Michaela and that is about it. None of the siblings Carlin seems close to were there and I am sure that added to the awkwardness. 

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I feel like it was an awkward combo of people. It is really one group that hangs out together and Carlin who sees Michaela and that is about it. None of the siblings Carlin seems close to were there and I am sure that added to the awkwardness. 

Agreed. I don't normally watch them but just saw Erin and Chad's video. They showed the drive to the couple's dinner - they were with Tori and Bobby. But no new footage of the dinner. However, they show a lot of footage of the party. Evan and Carlin appear to have come for the costume part and that's about it. They disappear during the games and gifts, as I don't see them participating or even in the background. You see Evan and Carlin together by the woodburning stove and then you see their kids for a group photo of the grandkids. The major time they were shown it was a blink and you miss them sort of thing. Erin talks during the video about each sibling who was there and their costumes and then we see Evan, Carlin, and their kids. She doesn't mention them by name and just says that her siblings are very creative and now the grandkids are enjoying dressing up too. They include a montage of pics of Erin with many of the siblings but again no Carlin pic.

I am picturing in my head that there were some text messages flying during the party between Carlin and Whitney and Carlin and Katie. And there was probably a discussion going on with Evan and Carlin too on the drive home. Projecting because I have been to family events without an ally and promised myself never again. The conversation went like, "Girl, I'm not doing that again. If you skip it, I'm skipping it. I spent the whole time pretending to be busy so I didn't have to talk to these people."

I find it interesting because clearly many of them grew up or were at least young teens in front of a camera crew. Now that several of them area trying to produce their own content for youtube and other social media we are seeing a bit more of the real (still not real) story rather than the Gil/Kelly/UP narrative. They clearly have an "on camera" personality and then the real one when they don't realize a family member's camera is on them. I've never been on a reality show but I bet it does strain some of their relationships because I, for one, would question people's intentions and genuineness. Did you really want to talk to me or are you trying to get on camera?

• Upvote 2

Something definitely happened between Erin and Carlin. It has been ice cold for well over a year now, so I am not surprised Erin didn't mention them by name. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

Well well, yesterday I learned there was a Jackson Bates. 😅

And I learned what he looks like. There’s just so many of them. And why, oh why, did the Duggars and Bateses have to double up on names????

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And I learned what he looks like. There’s just so many of them. And why, oh why, did the Duggars and Bateses have to double up on names????

Blame the Duggars and their J theme. Josie and Jackson Bates are both older. 

• Upvote 1

Watching Erin's video and I am actually. Little impressed by Kelly's guest room set up. She has 3 beds in the guest room + a couch and a full set up with water bottles, juice boxes, snacks, toys and books. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Watching Erin's video and I am actually. Little impressed by Kelly's guest room set up. She has 3 beds in the guest room + a couch and a full set up with water bottles, juice boxes, snacks, toys and books. 

I bet Kelly didn’t do any of the work herself. I’m just imagining how dirty and messy her house will be once all the kids move out. She will probably ask Michael to come by once a week to clean for her. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet Kelly didn’t do any of the work herself. I’m just imagining how dirty and messy her house will be once all the kids move out. She will probably ask Michael to come by once a week to clean for her. 

Oh yeah. Erin even said it was Addee who got the house ready for the party. 

• Upvote 6

This is another one of my gripes with JB/M, G/KJ, Abbie/Shaun… they want to have all these kids for the attention that they bring, but want to live the lives of those who are childfree or with limited numbers of children. And this started years ago for the the Duggars and Bateses, when the money started rolling in. NO, decisions have consequences. Having a large family comes with consequences: more cost, more time required, more groceries, laundry, illness, parenting, cleaning and less ability to enjoy childfree time. Jack asses.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This is another one of my gripes with JB/M, G/KJ, Abbie/Shaun… they want to have all these kids for the attention that they bring, but want to live the lives of those who are childfree or with limited numbers of children. And this started years ago for the the Duggars and Bateses, when the money started rolling in. NO, decisions have consequences. Having a large family comes with consequences: more cost, more time required, more groceries, laundry, illness, parenting, cleaning and less ability to enjoy childfree time. Jack asses.

But it’s Kelly’s Queen years! 🙄

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

You touched on one of my gripes as well.   I really hated (and still do) seeing these people go off and do whatever, while using their children as household labor.   They take their trips, their "date nights", their engagements, whatever strikes them at the moment, living what looks to be a pretty carefree life for parents of a large family, all done on the backs of their kids.  

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m just imagining how dirty and messy her house will be once all the kids move out. She will probably ask Michael to come by once a week to clean for her. 

It's going to be bad.  One of the reasons why I wished Michael and Brandon didn't move close by.   Michael is never going to escape doing unpaid work for her family even after all the kids are out.   

I know it sounds terrible but parents like JB/M, G/KJ are the type that all of their kids should move far, far away and make themselves as unavailable and inconvenient as possible.  Otherwise they never totally escape. 

• Upvote 4

I always figure the reason fundies like MLMs so much is because sht is how they manage their families. It is a pyramid scheme, always depending on those lower than them to do the work. 

Oldest daughters raise younger siblings, younger daughters help out with nieces and nephews, etc. 

My mom is from a large family (not religious) and my mom is one of the oldest daughters. She raised her younger siblings. The younger siblings helped out with me and my cousins. And the. The older cousins and I helped out with our younger cousins. I am an only child but have still been helping with babies since I was a little girl. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Remember when tiny Josie had a seizure and Jana had to manage that medical emergency with GM Mary sort of overseeing the whole circus from her neighboring home, all while JB and the Mullet were in MX likely gnashing on nachos and swilling Mexican Coke?

So the precious miracle was left with young 20 somethings with the maturity of 12 YOs and an aged GM. Oh, and Pest- to oversee it all.

Tell me how special all these blessings are, without using words.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic