IGNORED

M Is for Mama 14: Kids Don't Need Toys When They Have Chores!

nelliebelle1197

39 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

This was a really interesting read, and I thought of Abbie & all the insta-Christian women as I read it: 

"Jen Sutphin, a critic of the movement and the creator of the popular YouTube channel Fundie Fridays, eviscerates famous evangelicals each week. She put it this way to me: “They hate feminism, but they all want to be girl bosses.”

One of the core paradoxes of the evangelical influencing space is ironically the same one as the secular feminist influencers they rail against: both preach positivity and self-love, but the most successful among them are young, conventionally beautiful and usually white. The evangelical influencing space is a hybrid of consumer capitalism with a glittery patina of inspirational quotes. Any complex philosophy is shoved through a meat grinder, with the prettiest bits plucked out to slap on to an Instagram caption.

What makes evangelical influencers succeed is not their knowledge of biblical law but their ability to present an aspirational lifestyle in an appealingly curated way – to project a story about married love, God’s power or childbearing in an appealing package. Prophets, politicians, con artists and Instagram influencers have that in common: an ability to weave a good yarn. And stories are hard to debunk because they play on emotion – aspiration, longing, fear, shame – not facts."

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/oct/05/brittany-dawn-davis-tiktok-christian-social-media-influencer?CMP=share_btn_tw

OH MY FLIPPING DOG- Did this have a picture of Abbie H. At the end? This is exactly Abbie’s ploy and methodology. And ultimately, it shames and tears down mothers and women. This is not supportive or Christian based at all. I feel so sorry for isolated, young mothers who are struggling and then they are inundated with this unhelpful message.

Yesterday I was listening to a Catholic based pod cast. It was given by a priest and was really hard core about all the sins and do nots. I made sure to hang out in the laundry room and kept the volume on low lest my neighbors might hear and think I had lost my mind. About 45 mins in, I goggled the priest’s name only to find out he has been excommunicated for breaking many, many of the church’s established rules for priests…sigh.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4

I really wish Fundie Fridays would cover Christian lifestyle instagram mommies like Braggie and a couple others. 

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Is Braggie paying Jessa to promote her to those sweeeet 2 mil followers?  This is like the 4th time…

2474D8ED-5FB4-4FE4-908B-A86E103310C9.thumb.jpeg.7ba592657e6cf21c3ce395e63503b5ee.jpeg

It makes me think they are doing a sort of “collab” in order to get each other more likes and follows. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

On 9/28/2022 at 5:11 PM, SassyPants said:

SURPRISE , SURPRISE …pet IG Abbie has never had baby fever! 

I mean, not everyone does, but to have ten kids and have never experienced it at all is a little odd.

(Maybe I'm weird, though? I got baby fever after kid #2 and again now after kid #3.)

On 9/28/2022 at 5:11 PM, SassyPants said:

SURPRISE , SURPRISE …pet IG Abbie has never had baby fever! 

I mean, not everyone does, but to have ten kids and have never experienced it at all is a little odd.

(Maybe I'm weird, though? I got baby fever after kid #2 and again now after kid #3.)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I truly believe Braggie kept having children because of the attention it got her and that she didn’t enjoy working as a teacher, like Lori. I believe she had a post on her blog that she quit full time teaching after the first set of twins were born (which put her at 5 kids). I also think that since she’s admitted to body image issues, like Michelle, pregnancy made her feel better about her body. She’s made it clear she did not have them because she enjoys kids.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Is Braggie paying Jessa to promote her to those sweeeet 2 mil followers?  This is like the 4th time…

2474D8ED-5FB4-4FE4-908B-A86E103310C9.thumb.jpeg.7ba592657e6cf21c3ce395e63503b5ee.jpeg

Abbie is comparing being with her children to a root canal and gargling rubbing alcohol.  I hope her kids never ever read her book.

When your dogma requires you to "die to self' you hate your life and those around you. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Braggie tried to be all "shucks, for me?" and "I cried" about her family decorating for her birthday and cooking for her.  When you just KNOW that if they'd done anything less, she would have been PISSED and would have gritted her teeth and turned it into a post about how no one did anything for her birthday but she loves them anyway because #hardisnotthesamethingasbad. 🙄

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is she going to freak out when it sets in she’s 40 years old? 

I'm thinking that's why she cut her hair. She's feeling old and needed to shake things up. 

Get ready for the influx of posts about age and wisdom with simultaneous posts about being the cool hip mama.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I'm thinking that's why she cut her hair. She's feeling old and needed to shake things up. 

Get ready for the influx of posts about age and wisdom with simultaneous posts about being the cool hip mama.

I’m guessing she will get pregnant soon to prove she’s still young. Even though she hates being pregnant, giving birth, and raising children.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing she will get pregnant soon to prove she’s still young. Even though she hates being pregnant, giving birth, and raising children.

I suspect you're right but I really hope she doesn't for her existing and any potential children's sakes. 

On 10/6/2022 at 4:53 PM, neuroticcat said:

Abbie is comparing being with her children to a root canal and gargling rubbing alcohol.  I hope her kids never ever read her book.

When your dogma requires you to "die to self' you hate your life and those around you. 

I suspect her kids will read the book and get a major insight into why they were walking on eggshells through their childhood amongst other things.

• Upvote 9

On 9/27/2022 at 10:03 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she’s generally unhappy and tries to make herself happy with shopping. 

Similarly, I was going to suggest Abbie is gross, greedy and bored with her life. Shopping hits those pleasure spots in her brain.

• Upvote 2

Abbie and Shaun are off on a kid-free trip to Savannah with 3 other couples.  

So relatable.  I'm sure all the parents of 10 kids in this country leave them all with someone and take off on a vacation.  Probably happens all the time.  Heck, they probably take 6-8 vacations/trips a year, just like Abbie.  🙄

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 5

WTF???? Never take a kid free trip? Even for Braggie this is a really blatant lie.

I suspect she’d claim, though, that she meant she’d never take a kid free trip involving a plane ride to - ok I already forget where they are, I don’t actually care so long as it’s not anywhere near me. She just wants all her new followers to think that she’s never taken one, ever.

Abbie. Skirts/pants/hair….on fire. (I selfishly hope she gets just a little burned.)

Never taken a kid free trip……smh…..

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2

14 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

WTF???? Never take a kid free trip? Even for Braggie this is a really blatant lie.

I suspect she’d claim, though, that she meant she’d never take a kid free trip involving a plane ride to - ok I already forget where they are, I don’t actually care so long as it’s not anywhere near me. She just wants all her new followers to think that she’s never taken one, ever.

Abbie. Skirts/pants/hair….on fire. (I selfishly hope she gets just a little burned.)

Never taken a kid free trip……smh…..

I’m always amazed when she lies when the proof is so extremely easy to prove. Just look back through her Instagram for 5 minutes and you will find multiple instances where she has taken a kid free trip. She’s just such a narcissist that she thinks people are too dumb to figure out her lies. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Weren't Abbie and Shaun just in Hawaii? It maybe that doesn't count because she tagged along on a work trip and it wasn't an actual vacation. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Weren't Abbie and Shaun just in Hawaii? It maybe that doesn't count because she tagged along on a work trip and it wasn't an actual vacation. 

If I wasn’t so lazy and I was not blocked by Braggie, I would go through her Instagram and list all the vacations she’s taken in the last year. With and without kids. And it would be a lot. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

I think she meant that no one in that specific group has ever taken a kid-free trip together with those specific other couples before. I will never understand need to post everything in one's private life and suggest everyone should do as you do, but the cluelessness of the "I've never done this...highly recommend it" when most people with any small children - let alone the quiverfull adjacent who follow her -  do not do that on the reg is astonishing.

• Upvote 9

45 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I think she meant that no one in that specific group has ever taken a kid-free trip together with those specific other couples before. I will never understand need to post everything in one's private life and suggest everyone should do as you do, but the cluelessness of the "I've never done this...highly recommend it" when most people with any small children - let alone the quiverfull adjacent who follow her -  do not do that on the reg is astonishing.

She does not realize just how entitled she is. Also, she clearly does not have any clue how she comes off to others. So out of touch!

• Upvote 5

I think Abbie is trying to make some sort of distinction between a “trip” and a “business trip” which she has done with Shaun twice since June: Chicago and Hawaii. I guess because Shaun has to work on his business trips, it’s not 100% fun, even though they still have time to sightsee, eat out, do recreational activities and they’re staying in hotels. Extremely disingenuous.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.88b410fdfd9581fe2d2c24964fa85667.jpeg

• Upvote 3

I’m sorry but it’s a fucking vacation to the max for Braggie. She leaves her 10 fucking kids and gets to go stay in a hotel and shop in anthropology. She doesn’t have to cook, clean, parent, or homeschool. I know she barely does that as it is. But she does it zero on her vacations. So she can go fuck herself with her clueless overprivilege.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sorry but it’s a fucking vacation to the max for Braggie. She leaves her 10 fucking kids and gets to go stay in a hotel and shop in anthropology. She doesn’t have to cook, clean, parent, or homeschool. I know she barely does that as it is. But she does it zero on her vacations. So she can go fuck herself with her clueless overprivilege.

If there was a qualifying test for parenthood, Abbie would fail. She is self centered, detached, disinterested and inflexible. She is among the worst!

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic