IGNORED

Josh and Anna 55: Settling in at Seagoville

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

Extremely frustrating. I do feel that I agree with the data about recidivism of juveniles with and without specialized treatment. I think the thing that's important to remember is adolescents sexual offenders have a whole different set of needs and concerns. It's about so much more than just the offense and often times a strictly punitive outcome doesn't work as well.

Our particular program is recidivism rate is 3% after treatment and 15 % without it. Those are extremely low numbers but still not zero, so even with treatment some youths still re-offend. I feel finding out the underlying causation is a key point. 

That's the thing. Low recidivism rates to begin with but big consequences for recidivism (versus youth charged, say, with vandalism). The cost-benefit analysis tips heavily in favor of intervention even though no intervention is perfect. IME the specialized treatment rarely succeeds without the teeth of probation because of the nature of the family dynamics. Most are defensive (if not denying) and oversight/coercion/legal pressure on the family system is a key part to the intervention. 

Basically there is a small window of time where specialized treatment is likely to be effective. I have seen attorneys delay cases in an effort to show the judge---see my client is doing just fine out of custody. He wants to join the military! Look at the AP course he enrolled in!

It is very frustrating when this approach is taken with the juvenile sex offenders because the clock is ticking.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

On 8/7/2022 at 4:37 PM, Antimony said:

Hey, I'm certainly not afraid to give it a shot. 😜

I'm so happy my MASH/ A-Team fanfics were lost in the realms of Mary Suetopia in the years pre-PC.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

So, Josh went into Seagoville on June 27. According to the guidelines online (may not be current), his immediate family could visit right away and others (like clergy, thinking TFDW) after clearing the vistor's list, which would take about 30 days.  Has Anna posted anything anywhere about visting her "bestie"? Supporting her headship in his season of tribulation?

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Are visiting lists made public or will we have to internet sleuth ?

Not sure but I’m impressed we know so little. Do we even know if Anna and the kids are still in Texas?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Not sure but I’m impressed we know so little. Do we even know if Anna and the kids are still in Texas?

No. Some of the kids were pictured at Fern and Boob's joint birthday party in mid July, IIRC. Definitely after they were in TX for Vacation Bible School. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

I can't imagine visiting lists are public.  Even though inmates are in prison, they deserve some privacy and the workload on the prisons to provide that information would be oppressive.  

• Upvote 26

And really, is it any of our business if/when Anna visits?

I find both Josh and Anna to be incredibly boring. They're both toxic pieces of shit that are content to stay in their positions, rather than better themselves and change. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 5:13 PM, viii said:

And really, is it any of our business if/when Anna visits?

I find both Josh and Anna to be incredibly boring. They're both toxic pieces of shit that are content to stay in their positions, rather than better themselves and change. 

There won’t be many updates for the next 12 years, and I couldn’t be happier 

• I Agree 12

14 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

There won’t be many updates for the next 12 years, and I couldn’t be happier 

It's absolutely glorious. 

Today, Josh Duggar is in prison. He cannot physically molest any children, and he cannot seek out media depicting the same.  It'll be that way today, and tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that....

• Upvote 17
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

Wasn't Josh going to appeal?

Still pending. He requested a third extension to file the appeal brief earlier this month. Deadline is now sometime next week. 

Creative writing block on part of his attorneys is my guess.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

24 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Still pending. He requested a third extension to file the appeal brief earlier this month. Deadline is now sometime next week. 

Creative writing block on part of his attorneys is my guess.

Appeals are procedural, correct? Meaning, it’s not a rehashing of the facts of the case—now considered true—but an argument that the court messed up. I am curious as to what the legal team will argue.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Appeals are procedural, correct? Meaning, it’s not a rehashing of the facts of the case—now considered true—but an argument that the court messed up. I am curious as to what the legal team will argue.

Yes, there won't be a new trial or evidence presented. We don't know what the legal team will come up with, but usually the defense will focus on legal rulings or procedural errors they allege were prejudicial to the defendant. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Anyone else have the experience of just going about your day, doing routine things, and then all of a sudden think, "Holy shit, Josh Duggar is sitting in prison right now"? I mean, obviously it's not news, but every once in awhile it pops into my head and I just can't believe how far Smuggar has fallen. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

49 minutes ago, Funwithfundies said:

Anyone else have the experience of just going about your day, doing routine things, and then all of a sudden think, "Holy shit, Josh Duggar is sitting in prison right now"? I mean, obviously it's not news, but every once in awhile it pops into my head and I just can't believe how far Smuggar has fallen. 

Yup. But usually it comes out as "Oh yea..." Looks like Anna may not be getting the kind of attention she wants these days, if she's deleted her instagram.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Anna Duggar deleted her Instagram account. Oh girl. 

Maybe the full weight of her life’s circumstances has finally reached her brain?

• Upvote 17

5 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Bout time good riddance 

1 hour ago, adidas said:

Or she is so busy now that she has to sweep up her own crumbs.

And this wins the internet for the day. Take a bow… 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Based off the thread title, are Anna and the kids living TX? Are they residing in the PT’s RV? 

On 10/1/2022 at 11:13 AM, fundiewatch said:

I know it's unlikely, but I hope at least it's her own decision. The thought of some headship - her own or the substitute one - telling her to go offline is haunting me. Isolation is never good.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

I’m glad she deleted it. Give your kids some much needed privacy Anna. It’s bad enough the whole world knows what their father did. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic