IGNORED

Josh and Anna 55: Settling in at Seagoville

Coconut Flan

On 10/1/2022 at 4:15 PM, SassyPants said:

Maybe the full weight of her life’s circumstances has finally reached her brain?

On 10/1/2022 at 6:00 PM, adidas said:

Or she is so busy now that she has to sweep up her own crumbs.

Really it could be either one of these. I actually hope it is the full weight of life’s circumstances because then she can plan and move forward. 

• Upvote 6

On 9/6/2022 at 5:13 PM, viii said:

And really, is it any of our business if/when Anna visits?

I find both Josh and Anna to be incredibly boring. They're both toxic pieces of shit that are content to stay in their positions, rather than better themselves and change. 

Well, none of what any of them does is any of our business, is it? But I would much like to see what happened to that smug little smirk on Anna's face when she experienced being treated like any other prison visitor. Wouldn't be boring to me at all, but I'm inferior that way, I guess.

After that, very happy to let them both slither into obscurity.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

This has nothing to do with Smugger but I recently found out an acquaintance and her husband were arrested. The husband has been abusing their daughters for years and one of the children told an adult. The wife was arrested because it’s very likely she knew what was happening to her children and did nothing. When I heard they were both arrested I was glad. I hope they both rot in prison for years. The kids are good kids and I hope they can make happy lives without their parents. 

• Sad 17
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This has nothing to do with Smugger but I recently found out an acquaintance and her husband were arrested. The husband has been abusing their daughters for years and one of the children told an adult. The wife was arrested because it’s very likely she knew what was happening to her children and did nothing. When I heard they were both arrested I was glad. I hope they both rot in prison for years. The kids are good kids and I hope they can make happy lives without their parents. 

I’m very sorry for the children. How awful. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

Jermajesty, sorry to hear of the acquaintance and her spouse. It must have made you sick to your stomach when you found out. 

My take on Anna deleting her Instagram is she doesn’t think it’s worth the aggravation to keep it. She’s seen other family members retreat somewhat from social media and realizes she can do the same. Marrying into the Duggars, she’s  been so caught up publicly airing her whole life that it may have finally dawned on her that it actually isn’t a requirement. She only has so much energy to deal with her current life circumstances and has to decide what’s worth her time. Instagram probably fell to the wayside.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 12

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Agreed. Some people need to be in prison and away from their kids. I am following the trial of Michael Valva, the POS who beat his sons, denied them food, and left them to sleep in the garage till the 8-year old froze to death. "I will beat them till they bleed." he texted his fiance,  who supported the abuse 100%. Her trial is next.

I really can't care whether people like this have fast internet access or good mail delivery. In fact, I hope they don't.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

I think pest's lawyers are just looking at $$$. I don't think that appeal has a hope in hell of going anywhere. It seems like the appeal is just trying to relitigate the trial and continue to blame someone else. 

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I really can't care whether people like this have fast internet access or good mail delivery. In fact, I hope they don't.

Exactly. I couldn’t care less.

• Upvote 3

So, the Daily Fail got a photo of Smuggar drinking a cup of coffee, flashing the white power sign. he looks like a Steve Bannon clone. Filthy, long hair, heavy beard. He looks like the stereotypical, “hello little girl, want some candy?” guy in a battered white van.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

41 minutes ago, BlackberryGirl said:

So, the Daily Fail got a photo of Smuggar drinking a cup of coffee, flashing the white power sign. he looks like a Steve Bannon clone. Filthy, long hair, heavy beard. He looks like the stereotypical, “hello little girl, want some candy?” guy in a battered white van.

Here is the photo, for people who don't want to click through to the Daily Fail tabloid site. ETA: The link to the Daily Fail article. 

Spoiler

Josh_Duggar_can_be_seen_sipping_from_a_mug_and_mingling.jpg.746839822ba25d50c489e11018a94748.jpg

Edited by FiveAcres
Link to article with photo
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 28

His hair isn’t all that long, just a bit unkempt. Not sure how in the grainy photo it might look like he’s filthy. He also doesn’t look pudgy fat. I had no idea that finger hold on the coffee cup was a white power sign. I hate to say it but he actually looks confidant. Maybe he’s still hanging his hopes on the appeal.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 18
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, Cam said:

…I hate to say it but he actually looks confident…

I agree. He has a relaxed “I belong” smirk rather than his typical smirk. Of course I could be 100% projecting what I want to see but wow, what a difference. 

• Upvote 9

I know I say this on the regular, but can you imagine being a 34 YO man who seemingly couldn’t figure out how to tell your father that you were going to do X, Y and Z with your life, instead of what your father dictated? Jill and Jinger seemingly and with the help of their partners have distanced themselves from the tyrant. Whatever was going in Duggarville really F’d Josh up, and now lots of people are paying the price. 
Josh should have gotten out somewhere along the way. Instead he acted out and hurt everyone-

JB didn’t allow his dad to dictate and Josh shouldn’t have either-

I think Josh’s poor choices were aimed at hurting his father the most, but everyone else ended up being collateral damage.

Prison is probably easy for a man that’s been caged his entire life-

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, marmalade said:

The appeal has finally been filed. The Feds will shred him. The case is very weak.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/josh-duggar-files-sealed-appeal-brief/

Looks like a classic GNDN (Goes nowhere, does nothing). These three points have been pretty much already discussed in previous filings and the Williams issue is particularly weak since Brooks told the Defense they were welcome to call Williams but not if they were going to discuss William's sex offense record. And then the Defense was like, "Okay" and didn't call him. 

1 hour ago, duggerme said:

How do these kinds of pictures get taken, by whom? For what purpose? Are these against the rules?

They are against the rules and I think this is pretty candid. Sometimes the prison will bring in a photographer or allow an inmate to run a portrait business, but those were usually done with polaroids and were posed. You know, stuff to send your family in the mail or whatever. Since the DailyMail has made no comment on the source here, my guess is that its from a contraband phone and or a CO took it, and they simply paid for it. It wouldn't be that hard for somebody from the DailyMail to get a list of inmates, start correspondences, and make this exchange. (I'm a little surprised we didn't see it earlier.)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, duggerme said:

How do these kinds of pictures get taken, by whom? For what purpose? Are these against the rules?

Prisoners get phones somehow, despite them being banned My cousin is in prison for attempted murder, I think in a medium security prison. He has an Instagram account and posts from his phone multiple times a day. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Cam said:

I hate to say it but he actually looks confidant. Maybe he’s still hanging his hopes on the appeal.

I think Josh knows he's not winning an appeal. Surely his attorneys have told him to give up that dream.  Jesus, they just keep repeating themselves - Caleb did it! - and it's never going to work. Anna may not get it, but I'll bet Josh is more or less resigned to spending the next decade hanging out with shitbags just like himself.

That's what I see here. Josh and his homies at coffee hour. I'm sure he never shuts his mouth. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Prisoners get phones somehow, despite them being banned My cousin is in prison for attempted murder, I think in a medium security prison. He has an Instagram account and posts from his phone multiple times a day. 

I was just going to say this. They can get phones in prison. You can manage to get a lot of things in prison. Drugs, phones, whatever. I’m betting someone took a pic with their phone.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 10/5/2022 at 9:46 AM, Cam said:

Jermajesty, sorry to hear of the acquaintance and her spouse. It must have made you sick to your stomach when you found out. 

My take on Anna deleting her Instagram is she doesn’t think it’s worth the aggravation to keep it. She’s seen other family members retreat somewhat from social media and realizes she can do the same. Marrying into the Duggars, she’s  been so caught up publicly airing her whole life that it may have finally dawned on her that it actually isn’t a requirement. She only has so much energy to deal with her current life circumstances and has to decide what’s worth her time. Instagram probably fell to the wayside.

I agree somewhat, but the nasty judgemental side of me thinks you give her to much credit and compassion

My take, she was getting blow back she did not like, insta was no longer profitable for her ego or bank account so she deleted it. 

She would have the energy if it suited her purposes, She would take the aggravation if it was outweighed. 

She loved selling her life and spawning her hate seeing the family take a back step I don't think had anything to do with her epiphany to get off social media to me it has to be all the hate she was getting. 

Even though I am no fan of hers I am glad she is off no one deserves internet hate (whether she brings it on herself).

Hopefully stepping away from social media will bring some kind of positive change. So far it is by far the best thing she has done for her children. 

On 10/5/2022 at 11:01 AM, feministxtian said:

I think pest's lawyers are just looking at $$$. I don't think that appeal has a hope in hell of going anywhere. It seems like the appeal is just trying to relitigate the trial and continue to blame someone else. 

Ba ha ha the coffee has not kicked in, I read this as re tailgate I was like what the f, I highlighted it and hit search ahhh re litigate that dawning moment of stupidism.... 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Funwithfundies said:

I can't stand the guy, but that doesn't look like he's throwing a white power sign to me..?

What pic am I missing? Where did this pop up? 

8 hours ago, Funwithfundies said:

I can't stand the guy, but that doesn't look like he's throwing a white power sign to me..?

Me either, it looks like a weird way to hold a cup of coffee, 

14 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

Wow.... looks like prison has been good to him 🤣

Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic