IGNORED

Rep. Lauren Boebert - Colorado's Congressional Embarassment

47of74

Still way too close to call -- votes are still being counted. La Plata County (Durango), Pueblo County (Pueblo is blue to purple) and Garfield County (Glenwood Springs -- tourism, small college) all went blue for Adam Frisch.  NYT thinks that Boebert will ultimately take the race, although right now it's Frisch 50.4% to Boebert 49.6%. 

If she loses, the Boeberts will be back to hot dogs for dinner.  They had a massive gravy train going there, for both of them. 

She was living off her government salary, he was influence peddling with the oil and gas industry.  If they even have a brain cell between the two of them, they banked as much of that moolah as possible. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

there is always Mcdonalds. 

But could she wear her guns there? Plus I'm not sure how many McDonald's customers want to hear "congratulations, you've chosen Trump's favorite meal."

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

Still way too close to call -- votes are still being counted. La Plata County (Durango), Pueblo County (Pueblo is blue to purple) and Garfield County (Glenwood Springs -- tourism, small college) all went blue for Adam Frisch.  NYT thinks that Boebert will ultimately take the race, although right now it's Frisch 50.4% to Boebert 49.6%. 

If she loses, the Boeberts will be back to hot dogs for dinner.  They had a massive gravy train going there, for both of them. 

She was living off her government salary, he was influence peddling with the oil and gas industry.  If they even have a brain cell between the two of them, they banked as much of that moolah as possible. 

No Congressional salary? How can she buy more expensive guns then? (I know some guns are more expensive than others and remember seeing the holiday card.)

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

No Congressional salary? How can she buy more expensive guns then? (I know some guns are more expensive than others and remember seeing the holiday card.)

She should be working on lowering food prices.  We just got back from being in SW Colorado for over three months.  Boebert's fucking oblivious to the needs of her constituents; she's more interested in sound bites than the cost of feeding a family. Grocery costs have always been high there, but DAMN!, those prices were staggering and we were just feeding the two of us. She's feeding four sons and a husband on the large size. 

The town of 10,000 people where I was living has three large chain grocery stores: WalMart, SafeWay and City Market.  Prices in all three were budget busting. 

• Upvote 7

42 minutes ago, Howl said:

This makes me nervous. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

This makes me nervous. 

Oh hell yes, me too and I don't even live in her district.  I'm encouraged, though, that Adam Frisch is doing as well as he is! 

Before I left around Oct. 28, I saw a ton of Boebert ads on TV and on yard signs. All about "freedom" and not policy. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Before I left around Oct. 28, I saw a ton of Boebert ads on TV and on yard signs. All about "freedom" and not policy. 

That’s because she wouldn’t know a policy if it but her on the backside. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Howl said:

Oh hell yes, me too and I don't even live in her district.  I'm encouraged, though, that Adam Frisch is doing as well as he is! 

Yes, there is no policy, just a bunch of inflammatory rhetoric to hide the fact that she knows s--- and is a moron. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

This makes me nervous. 

Me, too.  They are now about 100 votes apart with 96% tallied.  Sigh.  

• Sad 2
  • WTF 1

3 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Me, too.  They are now about 100 votes apart with 96% tallied.  Sigh.

There will definitely be a recount.  It may even be mandated with a vote that close. 

Also, Kari Lake/Katie Hobbs in AZ.  Razor thin.  Recount also? 

OTOH, Fetterman destroyed OZ in PA.  Scorched earth.  Now Oz can stay in New Jersey and won't have to move to PA. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

B01BF6E3-420B-4A07-880C-FAF386539D99.thumb.jpeg.5a16a33290bdfb61974b08002adec72c.jpeg

trying not to get prematurely excited but…

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

39 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

B01BF6E3-420B-4A07-880C-FAF386539D99.thumb.jpeg.5a16a33290bdfb61974b08002adec72c.jpeg

trying not to get prematurely excited but…

Agh I really hope this is the case! I just checked the race and 98% are reported and still less than 100 votes. Really reminds everyone that every vote truly matters because it can be so close when you least expect it. I need to see this loon lose!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

This could go on for days, as military and overseas ballots roll in.  This is from the Durango Herald via the Colorado Sun

What to expect as final votes are tallied in razor-thin race between Boebert and Adam Frisch

Key point from the article: 

When does a recount happen?  An automatic recount is triggered under Colorado law when the difference between the number of votes cast between the leading candidate and the losing candidate is less than 0.5% of the number of votes cast for the leading candidate.

A candidate can also request, and pay for, a recount. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

Boebert has taken the lead after votes came in from some red counties. She's back on twitter after her break, so I guess she's feeling optimistic. But we're still waiting on thousands of votes from Pueblo and Pitkin counties which are blue leaning, so the winner is still up in the air. Also given the closeness, a recount is seems almost guaranteed. 

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 9

Between the reports I've been looking at on twitter there seems like a lot of confusion on how many votes are still left in the remaining counties. Doesn't help that I don't have an account and am limited in what I can see 😅.

Unfortunately Frisch does not seem to be doing as well as he needs to be to catch back up.

• Sad 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Between the reports I've been looking at on twitter there seems like a lot of confusion on how many votes are still left in the remaining counties. Doesn't help that I don't have an account and am limited in what I can see 😅.

Unfortunately Frisch does not seem to be doing as well as he needs to be to catch back up.

Dammit! I was so excited that Tits McGee was on her way out! Between the news she may get re-elected and Herschel Walker may be elected, I am so sickened by what our - no, FUCK THAT- idiotic voters who fall for stupid shit’s standards are when it comes to electing people to make national policy. We used to be a country that was admired. Now we are a damn joke. 

• I Agree 7

9 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Dammit! I was so excited that Tits McGee was on her way out! Between the news she may get re-elected and Herschel Walker may be elected, I am so sickened by what our - no, FUCK THAT- idiotic voters who fall for stupid shit’s standards are when it comes to electing people to make national policy. We used to be a country that was admired. Now we are a damn joke. 

I guess we need to have these two morons (among others) to remind us not to take democracy for granted and to strive for something better. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I guess we need to have these two morons (among others) to remind us not to take democracy for granted and to strive for something better. 

I was with some friends last night having drinks when Walker came on tv within my eyesight. I groaned and without thinking said out loud, “I can’t believe that guy may be in Congress!” The person sitting next to me said “Trump really wrecked this country. He showed all the stupids they could let their stupid out and the other stupids will follow.” What a perfect summary. 

• Upvote 16

16 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

The person sitting next to me said “Trump really wrecked this country. He showed all the stupids they could let their stupid out and the other stupids will follow.” What a perfect summary. 

Yes, it sums up everything perfectly.  Bannon is also an architect of this idiocy. 

Back to Frisch/Boebert.  It's going to be awhile, like late next week awhile. Colorado's Congressional District 3 race won't be decided until Thursday at the earliest

• Upvote 7

Colorado Pubic Radio:   Lauren Boebert-Adam Frisch Race: Next big vote count update will be Nov. 16, both parties campaign for ballot curing

Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert is up by just 1,122 votes over her Democratic challenger Adam Frisch as of Monday afternoon. (Nov. 14)

But new tallies will likely have to wait until Wednesday, the deadline for counties to receive ballots from military and overseas voters. 

The next round of updated votes won’t just include those ballots, though — each county has kept some uncounted ballots in reserve to mix with whatever it receives through Wednesday in order to keep those results as anonymous as possible.

“Our county clerks and bipartisan poll watching teams are taking great care with counting every vote, and we must be patient as we allow this process to play out,” Frisch [Democratic candidate] said in a statement to CPR...

...Wednesday is also the deadline for voters whose ballots were uncountable, primarily because their signature was missing or rejected, to fix the problem — known in the election world as curing. (Here's how to cure your ballot, by the way.) Other problems may include an issue with the identification the voter has on file with the state.

click on link in the title to read the full article. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Howl said:

The next round of updated votes won’t just include those ballots, though — each county has kept some uncounted ballots in reserve to mix with whatever it receives through Wednesday in order to keep those results as anonymous as possible.

I learned something new.  This is a great idea.  I’m interested in the outcome of this particular race, but am trying not to get my hopes up.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1