IGNORED

Rep. Lauren Boebert - Colorado's Congressional Embarassment

47of74

45 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

It's pure damage control. Their platform is headed by god, guns, and gays with chastity forming the first branch under the god bit. Best to get out in front of the news and pretend to be happy. Although, doing the math, she was a teen mom herself, so maybe they are truly ecstatic. 

I think it's yet another "do as I say, not as I do" as most things are for these MAGA people. Even pre-MAGA, Sarah Palin was out campaigning with her very pregnant teen daughter, going on about "family values" and such. 

For their kids it's just an oopsy mistake, teens will be teens, whatever. At least they didn't get an abortion! They pretended they were sorry, and are being punished by having the baby, so all is good. 

If the teen child of a Democrat (or any person of color, in particular) did the same thing, the MAGA crew would be all tsk-ing and slut shaming and implying that the teen wanted an abortion whether they considered that or not, and decrying the teen pregnancy rate and going on and on about how they'll be a drain on the system and taking other people's money and getting government help and they should have kept their legs closed. But one of their own? Kids will be kids, right? At least they kept the baby. They are the "good" people so it's OK to help them out if they need it.

• I Agree 10

Ron is being nice. She’s nowhere near an 8th grader in maturity or intellect  

• Upvote 6

The MAGAts don’t understand that both houses of Congress and the president are required to pass law as and budgets.  They think that passing their nonsense bills in the house actually means something. 

• Upvote 7

Bobo is like a kindergartner trying to pretend she's a congresswoman. Scratch that, the kindergartner would do a better and more well-informed job.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Hmmm. So, you don't get to vote, much less "serve" in congress?

• Upvote 6

She’s such an idiot  

• Upvote 6

More performance art from Bobo:

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 2

She needs to just shut up. 

• Upvote 5

Give it up, Bobo:

• Upvote 6

This was my reaction:

Spoiler

image.png.513f5078330e3911fafa584f06e596e6.png

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 5

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This was my reaction:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.513f5078330e3911fafa584f06e596e6.png

I’ll trying to make some sense of this and my brain started to flash TILT TILT. Can anyone translate for me?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I’ll trying to make some sense of this and my brain started to flash TILT TILT. Can anyone translate for me?

She's attempting sarcasm.  And encouraging people to lie to law enforcement.

Here's her earlier related post.

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

Just so I’m tracking here…

- Shell out mega bucks on illegal weapons

- Shell out mega bucks on a boat. Which you will then scuttle. 

- Hide illegal weapons in some place that’s not a boat

- Wait for law enforcement to come randomly ask you if you have illegal weapons - to which you will answer “Well, I did, but they sank with my boat”. 

- Wait for the “not stupid” law enforcement agents to search your property and find the illegal weapons, arrest you, and ask you about whatever insurance fraud you committed when you sank your boat. 

Nope. Their logic burns, and my head still hurts. 

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

It seems that the "I lost my guns in a boating accident" trope comes from gun-lovers mocking the ATF officer whose gun was lost in a lake in 1992, then found during a dry spell in 2014.

I guess we didn't know all about it because none of us are right-wing illegal gun hiders. I looked it up, because it sounded like there was some sort of background or conspiracy or joke there.

As far as I can tell from a brief google search, the gun-lovers seem to think that the officer didn't have to report the lost gun (not sure where that idea came from, other than their imaginations - according to the actual news article I found, he took a lot of ribbing from colleagues - see below), so neither should citizens. So, hahahah, just claim you lost your guns in a boating accident.

I guess. :confusion-shrug:

A federal law enforcement-issued gun and badge are just a couple of the items that have been recently found underneath the receding waters of drought-dry Castaic Lake.

A Castaic man fishing on the dam at Castaic Lake found a backpack that had been exposed as the water line has gone down 151 feet, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department officials said. The bag contained a gun and a badge issued to an agent from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

KCAL9's Brittney Hopper spoke with fisherman Jay Poore who said he has been fishing on the lake since he was 2-years-old.

The ATF agent, who was not identified, said that he and a friend from the Los Angeles County Probation went to Castaic Lake in 1992 to enjoy a day on the lake. The duo decided to put their valuables in a backpack they took on the boat instead of leaving it in the soft-top Jeep they had driven, officials said.

At some point, the boat was swamped and the backpack, containing a gun, badge, pager, watch, what appears to be a class ring and a credit card-size calendar, went over the side and into the lake.

"As I opened it up a gun fell out," said Poore. "I opened the wallet and there was a badge. I knew that I better go find the sheriff's and give it to them."

The officers told sheriff's officials they got a lot of grief from their peers about losing their badges and weapon in the lake but were glad the items have been found and their story was validated.

Castaic Lake's water level continues to drop because of the drought, revealing items like the backpack, an outboard motor and a GoPro camera, officials said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/receding-waters-of-castaic-lake-reveal-atf-badge-gun/

Edited by thoughtful
clarity
  • Thank You 11

A staffer must have done the work. I doubt Bobo can spell education.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 3

Yeah.  God told her to buy AR-15.  

What I don't understand is how she can speak in front of any crowd and not have them laugh her off (or boo her off) the stage.

• Upvote 8

17 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This made me laugh:

• Upvote 5

Wait, Grandma BoBo, whose husband flashed his junk at some teens in a bowling alley, is going on about public urination? 

I suppose indecent exposure is something she has a stake in...

• Upvote 10

21 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

She's proud of her son and his girlfriend for choosing to have their baby?  Is she also grateful that they have a choice?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5