IGNORED

Charles and Camilla

QuiverFullofBooks

6 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Why are they chilling with Charles and Camilla, when their country is in ruins?

Is there a "they"?  I didn't see her husband.

• Upvote 2

Zelensky wasn't there, only his wife Olena.

She has done several events like this outside Ukraine recently. It's a really smart way of projecting soft power and ensuring that the rest of the world continues to care about the Russian invasion of another country. As well, she's been focusing on the effects on civilians, especially women and children. This evening honoured people working against gender-based violence, and given the horrific war crimes currently being committed in occupied Ukraine, specifically rape, it was a very topical event for her to attend.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 6

• 2 weeks later...

Camilla invited this journalist to her Xmas party on Wednesday. Yes, Jeremy Clarkson was on the exclusive list to her truffle party.  Here's a direct quote from him, about Meghan.

“Meghan, though, is a different story. I hate her. Not like I hate Nicola Sturgeon or Rose West. I hate her on a cellular level.

“At night, I’m unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, ‘Shame!’ and throw lumps of excrement at her,” he added in The Sun.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6934667/harry-meghan-netflix-series-truth/

Camilla's friend seems a bit unhinged. Still, if she wanted him at her party, that's her right. She likes him, she's OK with him, she's cool with his violent fantasies about her DIL.

Edited by Jackie3

4 minutes ago, viii said:

That’s absolutely disgusting. Meghan has literally done nothing so bad to warrant that kind of vitriol thrown her way. 

Agreed.

He is a reporter for the Sun, and the Sun just published this.

Camilla invited him to her Xmas party last Wednesday at a fancy restaurant. They are reported to be friends. 

Clarkson isn't the epitome of English civility.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Camilla likes him, though. And the Palace allowed her to invite him. There was no concern that his beliefs would discredit the monarchy.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

He's vile. A washed-up nobody who tries to whip up controversy about anyone or any group of people that he perceives as outsiders in order to try and maintain his relevance. Comparing Meghan and the First Minister of Scotland to a serial killer is a new low though, even for him.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, rosamundi said:

He's vile. A washed-up nobody who tries to whip up controversy about anyone or any group of people that he perceives as outsiders in order to try and maintain his relevance. Comparing Meghan and the First Minister of Scotland to a serial killer is a new low though, even for him.

Completely agree. He has quite rightly had a lot of backlash over this from a lot of high profile people here in the UK and even his own daughter has condemned him. The lunch he attended with Camilla was hosted by someone called Ewan Venters so was not invited by Camilla - they were both guests I believe.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

3 hours ago, Lollipopgirl said:

Completely agree. He has quite rightly had a lot of backlash over this from a lot of high profile people here in the UK and even his own daughter has condemned him. The lunch he attended with Camilla was hosted by someone called Ewan Venters so was not invited by Camilla - they were both guests I believe.

The Daily Mail reported it as her party. 

1016517579_dailymailparty.png.dd583969723e79f3d1b4acfc2c85e755.png

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Second, in the immortal words of Clairee in Steel Magnolias, ya gotta lighten up. 😏

This is exactly what Jeremy Clarkson is saying now!

• Fuck You 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

12 hours ago, Lollipopgirl said:

I’m not sure if this is a fair comparison but he reminds me of Milo Yiannopaulos. Someone who’s a professional provocateur and makes a decent living at it.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

This is exactly what Jeremy Clarkson is saying now!

No, he isn't. As vile and disgusting as Clarkson is, and he is extremely vile and disgusting, he did not say this. He did say, "Oh dear. I’ve rather put my foot in it. In a column I wrote about Meghan, I made a clumsy reference to a scene in Game of Thrones and this has gone down badly with a great many people. I’m horrified to have caused so much hurt and I shall be more careful in future."

A pretty crap attempt at apology, to be sure, but no sign of 'ya gotta lighten up' anywhere. And furthermore, my use of the quote had nothing, nada, zilch, zero, and ZIP to do with what putrid thing Clarkson said about Markle and everything to do with matching coat colors at a Christmas event. Matching coat colors. See the difference? It's a big one, I don't know how even you could have missed it. :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 2

On 12/17/2022 at 10:16 PM, Jackie3 said:

Camilla invited this journalist to her Xmas party on Wednesday. Yes, Jeremy Clarkson was on the exclusive list to her truffle party.  Here's a direct quote from him, about Meghan.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6934667/harry-meghan-netflix-series-truth/

Camilla's friend seems a bit unhinged. Still, if she wanted him at her party, that's her right. She likes him, she's OK with him, she's cool with his violent fantasies about her DIL.

The lunch both Camilla and Jeremy Clarkson attended was on Wednesday 14th and Clarkson's column was published on Friday the 16th so it's not necessarily fair to assume that Camilla knew anything about his violent fantasies at the time.

https://www.newsweek.com/queen-camilla-lunch-meghan-markle-critic-jeremy-clarkson-explained-1768050

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

21 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

The Daily Mail reported it as her party. 

1016517579_dailymailparty.png.dd583969723e79f3d1b4acfc2c85e755.png

She was there as a guest of Ewan Venters who was hosting the party. He is the former CEO of Fortnum and Mason and Camilla was there because her son Tom Parker Bowles is a food writer and has links with Fortnums through his work. That’s why everyone left with a Fortnum and Mason goody bag.She attended the party on 14th December and Clarkson’s dreadful  remarks were printed on the 17th. The Daily Mail is a work of fiction mostly.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

25 minutes ago, Loveday said:

"Oh dear. I’ve rather put my foot in it. In a column I wrote about Meghan, I made a clumsy reference to a scene in Game of Thrones and this has gone down badly with a great many people. I’m horrified to have caused so much hurt and I shall be more careful in future."

That is one of the worst apologies I've ever seen. It missed a large proportion of the offensive stuff in that column and completely failed to apologise for the bit where he said he hated her worse than he hated one of Britain's worst female serial killers.

Edited by rosamundi
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

The lunch both Camilla and Jeremy Clarkson attended was on Wednesday 14th and Clarkson's column was published on Friday the 16th so it's not necessarily fair to assume that Camilla knew anything about his violent fantasies at the time.

https://www.newsweek.com/queen-camilla-lunch-meghan-markle-critic-jeremy-clarkson-explained-1768050

4 minutes ago, Lollipopgirl said:

She was there as a guest of Ewan Venters who was hosting the party. He is the former CEO of Fortnum and Mason and Camilla was there because her son Tom Parker Bowles is a food writer and has links with Fortnums through his work. That’s why everyone left with a Fortnum and Mason goody bag.She attended the party on 14th December and Clarkson’s dreadful  remarks were printed on the 17th. The Daily Mail is a work of fiction mostly.

But... but... none of this fits the narrative! The facts must be manipulated! The truth must be obfuscated!😆

I mean, if one is going to spin a story to suit one's own agenda, one really should do a better job of it. Odd how getting the actual facts of the matter out there sheds a completely different light on Camilla, doesn't it? She attended a party, she didn't throw the party. She didn't invite Clarkson, the party's host did. She didn't pass out Fortnum's bags, the host did. And Camilla was there because of her son, whose columns in Country Life are always fun and delicious reads. And the party was before Clarkson's column appeared, not after. But of course all that is irrelevant, right?😏

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, rosamundi said:

That is one of the worst apologies I've ever seen. It missed a large proportion of the offensive stuff in that column and completely failed to apologise for the bit where he said he hated her worse than he hated one of Britain's worst female serial killers.

7 minutes ago, viii said:

That's not even an apology. That's a pathetic attempt at backpedaling. 

Completely agree. As a non-British person, I don't know a lot about Clarkson other than what I read whenever he says something extremely egregious, but that 'apology' ranks right up there among the Top 10 Worst. If that's the best he can do, I don't WANT to know more about him. 😕 

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Loveday said:

No, he isn't. As vile and disgusting as Clarkson is, and he is extremely vile and disgusting, he did not say this. He did say, "Oh dear. I’ve rather put my foot in it. In a column I wrote about Meghan, I made a clumsy reference to a scene in Game of Thrones and this has gone down badly with a great many people. I’m horrified to have caused so much hurt and I shall be more careful in future."

A pretty crap attempt at apology, to be sure, but no sign of 'ya gotta lighten up' anywhere. And furthermore, my use of the quote had nothing, nada, zilch, zero, and ZIP to do with what putrid thing Clarkson said about Markle and everything to do with matching coat colors at a Christmas event. Matching coat colors. See the difference? It's a big one, I don't know how even you could have missed it. :my_dodgy:

I was the one you told to lighten up and no, there was no connection to Clarkson. None. That man is on a different planet altogether. You’re fine.

• Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Completely agree. As a non-British person, I don't know a lot about Clarkson other than what I read whenever he says something extremely egregious, but that 'apology' ranks right up there among the Top 10 Worst. If that's the best he can do, I don't WANT to know more about him. 😕 

He hosted a TV show on the BBC called Top Gear. It was about cars and he was a bit of a pompous twit to be honest. It was cancelled when he punched the producer in the face because he took him to the wrong restaurant and he couldn’t get a steak. He left his wife and moved to the country with his new wife and made a TV show about his new farm. He’s currently in dispute with the local council about opening a restaurant on the site and the neighbors have objected so he’s not popular there either. He still writes a motoring column or two I think and is occasionally on TV here presenting a quiz show. I suspect he’s finished on TV here now. The only good thing I can think of about him is he once punched Piers Morgan in the face. Morgan was the editor of a newspaper at the time and reported on Clarkson’s infidelity. They have since made up and we’re both at the lunch!

Edited by Lollipopgirl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

The difference is, you said “Oh, it’s a joke. Can’t you take a joke?”

That’s exactly what abusive say. They say mean crap and then tell others to lighten up.

And I’m sure that’s what Jeremy was whining yesterday.

”It was just a joke! Can’t you lighten up! I was talking about Games of Thrones and you foolishly took me seriously!”

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

But... but... none of this fits the narrative! The facts must be manipulated! The truth must be obfuscated!😆

I mean, if one is going to spin a story to suit one's own agenda, one really should do a better job of it. Odd how getting the actual facts of the matter out there sheds a completely different light on Camilla, doesn't it? She attended a party, she didn't throw the party. She didn't invite Clarkson, the party's host did. She didn't pass out Fortnum's bags, the host did. And Camilla was there because of her son, whose columns in Country Life are always fun and delicious reads. And the party was before Clarkson's column appeared, not after. But of course all that is irrelevant, right?😏

Nope. The Daily Mail called it her party. The narrative is actually true.

296518528_dailymailparty.png.a97877743590699c5bd1d8c9483727a2.png

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic