IGNORED

Charles and Camilla

QuiverFullofBooks

Charles and Camilla didn’t appear to have their own thread, so here we go. Camilla received the Garter today. This is perhaps the first time that she’s received a royal honor that was never given to Diana.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

That's nice she was given that now. I imagine Charles has wanted that for a while. They've been married about 17 years now, I think. 

Diana and Charles were married for 15 years, and the last 4 or so they were separated. It makes sense that Diana never got the Garter. 

• Upvote 6

From the pictures of the carriage rides, it looks like Kate really likes Camilla. I think that bodes well for William's relationship with Charles and Camilla. 

Edited by TN-peach
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TN-peach said:

From the pictures of the carriage rides, it looks like Kate really likes Camilla. I think that bodes well for William's relationship with Charles and Camilla. 

Yeah, I imagine William certainly had his growing pains with Camilla but they seem to be close now. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Well. He is a middle aged grown man with a happy secure family of his own now and seemingly ok relationship with own dad. It would be worrisome and tiresome if he was still wallowing in teenage angst and bitterness blaming others for everything :) 

He well knows Camilla makes his dad happy, is a perfect fit for the monarchy and is a really nice person to boot.  

• Upvote 3

On 6/14/2022 at 7:32 AM, TN-peach said:

This is probably not a reliable way to tell whether two family members are close. They know a million cameras are on them. They are not going to argue.

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 5

• 1 month later...

It looks worse than it is.He was unwise to take this money but The funds went into the Non profit  the Bin Laden family is huge, heavily donate to charities  and the majority disclaimed and distanced themselves from Osama long ago. In any case the Prince and involved charities were   Cleared of wrong doing when the incident occurred and no laws  or regulations were found to have been broken under British law. It’s just tabloid dredging for headlines really.   

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s just tabloid dredging for headlines really.   

I’m not sure it is, actually. There have been at least four different stories in the last couple of weeks about Charles and money exchanging hands under the table. It’s clearly an issue he has that he needs to rectify asap. The monarchy has survived this long in a modern world because the Queen is essentially everyone’s old granny that you indulge. Majority of people in the world don’t remember a life before the Queen. Charles doesn’t have that same affection in people’s hearts that his mother does and he needs to tread carefully. 

• Upvote 6

So has Williams “Cheating” and his Bum activities:)  but He has not done anything legally wrong that can be held against him. There is not much more to say.if you don’t like Charles of course you will believe the worst of him I suppose.

Edited by tabitha2

1 hour ago, viii said:

There have been at least four different stories in the last couple of weeks about Charles and money exchanging hands under the table. It’s clearly an issue he has that he needs to rectify asap.

The timing of this is "interesting", shall we say? Prince Charles speaks out against and describes the government's policy on transferring refugees to Rwanda as inhumane, and suddenly there's a flurry of headlines about possibly inappropriate receipts of funds to his charity made several years ago. For instance, this story about the bin Laden family refers to a donation made in 2013, long after the wider bin Laden family distanced themselves from Osama bin Laden. Yes, it needs to be investigated and so does any other inappropriate use of Prince Charles's charities/cash for honours/whatever, but it's mighty convenient that these stories are coming out now.

• Upvote 3

It’s clear he’s going to become king fairly soon so it doesn’t surprise me people are bringing it up again.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Like with the William nastiness there will be people who’ll do say anything  to smear shit all over Charles and William and even Kate no matter how tenuous and inaccurate as we have seen right here recently. They will not respond to Dan the flames and This too shall pass. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

If you don’t like Charles of course you will believe the worst of him I suppose.

You can criticize someone without disliking them, you know. I actually think Charles will be a good king but he’s not above contempt. If he participates in shady business, then he deserves to be called out on it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

But he didn’t that’s the point. It’s looks shady but really it wasn’t.People are making a mountain of a molehill about something that happened and was looked into years ago. 

But half of the point of the monarchy is perception. Whether he did or didn’t matters, of course it does, but also at the end of the day if people *think* he did, then that’s a huge issue for a royal family that can’t really handle any more scandals. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Like with the William nastiness there will be people who’ll do say anything  to smear shit all over Charles and William and even Kate no matter how tenuous and inaccurate as we have seen right here recently. They will not respond to Dan the flames and This too shall pass. 

I think the amount of negative press towards Charles & William lately is not coincidental but part of a campaign. However, Charles is making it a little too easy with stuff like this.

Like @viii said, public perception is really important for the survival of the monarchy and Charles does still have popularity issues that go way back. Although he has come a long way, he is still not favoured by many and while I like watching „The Crown“ myself, it doesn‘t help here. The portrayal of Charles is pretty brutal and not everyone seems to get that it’s fiction.

William is more popular and I believe that‘s exactly why he has been targeted lately. It could be a republican strategy: If people don‘t like Charles but are willing to tolerate him because it won‘t be too long before William is king, this weakens republican sentiment in the population. However, if William gets „unmasked“ a „just as shady as dad“, more people could support plans to abolish the monarchy. 

With certain hashtags about William trending on twitter, there is another element to it: obvious timing from the „Sussex Squad“. Last time the cheating rumour resurfaced just days after Kate had been praised for a charity concert. This time Meghan has been getting negative press related to a certain book. It‘s a fan-led PR battle of Sussexes vs Cambridges (and the other way round) via social media. Quite nasty.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 5

The Sussex Squad is alarming, tbh. I put them in the same camp as the BTS Army fans or Beyoncé’s Beehive fans - they can do real, significant damage online when they put their minds to it. 

• Upvote 4

Right? Makes you wonder what they are going to to when he actually becomes King but still they are a minority bitching away obnoxiously on Twitter. I really don’t think the general British public much less the government pays them heed.  

This is totally not political, but I think Charles is pretty much nicer looking than he has ever been in the past.

• Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic