IGNORED

Josh and Anna 53: 151 Month Sentence

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t believe the Mortons were ever into IBLP. They liked VF at some point before the fall and they like protesting abortion with AHA. Those are the groups they seemed to hang around. But VF did award Michelle with some bullshit mother if the year award. Maybe they’ve crossed paths before. 

Okay thanks for the info!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Chickenbutt said:

I wonder if JB has been footing the bill for Anna and the kids, but has made it clear to her that it is all in exchange for her unwavering support during the trial. Maybe Anna has meekly suggested his guilt to JB and now that it is over, JB has told Anna not to depend on him anymore and to move on. Sheer speculation on my part. 

I think it’s the other way around…I think Anna has wanted to support and defend Josh, leaving JB no choice but to go alone with her. I think he’s upset because he’s known all along this was a losing battle but feels forced to support Anna because his son is the one who got her into this mess.

People are acting like Anna can’t leave or JB won’t let her…there have been plenty of IBLP and ATI couples who got divorced for much less than this. If Anna told JB she wanted to take the kids and leave and refused to support Josh, I think he’d sigh with relief and be at her front door with moving boxes and a nice relocation package. I think JB would have washed his hands of Josh long ago if not for Anna and the kids.

I also think that’s why so many of the OG Duggar kids didn’t show up at the sentencing…they’re already done with Josh, but they’re staying silent because they have (or had) some type of relationship with Anna and don’t want her to estrange them for the kids’ sake.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, imokit said:

Or CPS make her choose between her kids and her marriage when Josh is released. Madyson will only be 10.  CPS could say that Josh living in that house will be unsupervised when Anna sleeps and thus make them live apart.

Or Anna may fail at brainwashing Mack and Mack could say its dad or the grandkids to Anna.

A lot could happen in 10years in that house.

You can't live in the house with your kids if you have supervised visits.  

Edited by theologygeek
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Freejin said:

Have any Duggars or Duggar-adjacent folks made statements yet?

I’m pretty sure Kaeleigh Holt did. But I didn’t watch it in her stories. I imagine it’s similar to her last one. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m pretty sure Kaeleigh Holt did. But I didn’t watch it in her stories. I imagine it’s similar to her last one. 

I can’t find it. Does anyone know what she said?

• Upvote 1

I thought it was a done deal that Anna and the kids would stay at the warehouse forever, but now I’m not so sure. The family does not show a united front not even between JB and Anna.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

I think it’s the other way around…I think Anna has wanted to support and defend Josh, leaving JB no choice but to go alone with her. I think he’s upset because he’s known all along this was a losing battle but feels forced to support Anna because his son is the one who got her into this mess.

People are acting like Anna can’t leave or JB won’t let her…there have been plenty of IBLP and ATI couples who got divorced for much less than this. If Anna told JB she wanted to take the kids and leave and refused to support Josh, I think he’d sigh with relief and be at her front door with moving boxes and a nice relocation package. I think JB would have washed his hands of Josh long ago if not for Anna and the kids.

I also think that’s why so many of the OG Duggar kids didn’t show up at the sentencing…they’re already done with Josh, but they’re staying silent because they have (or had) some type of relationship with Anna and don’t want her to estrange them for the kids’ sake.

In other words, Anna is holding JimBob to his bullshit, and there is nothing he can do about it. Sweet.

• Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, Freejin said:

I can’t find it. Does anyone know what she said?

I think her Instagram is public. She’s Kaeleigh Tull. It’s in her stories. Bobye went to the sentencing today. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

I thought it was a done deal that Anna and the kids would stay at the warehouse forever, but now I’m not so sure. The family does not show a united front not even between JB and Anna.

JB is used to having all the power, control, decision making skills and money. He lost a lot of that today. Plus he found out that in his system he is now responsible for raising/supporting another family. Heck, he didn’t even do that for his own kids (sister moms and the kids worked to earn family support).  Bad day in JBville.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

JB is used to having all the power, control, decision making skills and money. He lost a lot of that today. 

He probably finds that emasculating because to him, being a man is all about having the power over those he deems lesser. He really does look different in the eyes of the public now. He took a huge gamble by insisting the lawyers argue that his son was innocent of the csam charges.Now Josh will do more time for showing no contrition. And some of that is on JB.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Cam said:

He probably finds that emasculating because to him, being a man is all about having the power over those he deems lesser. He really does look different in the eyes of the public now. He took a huge gamble by insisting the lawyers argue that his son was innocent of the csam charges.Now Josh will do more time for showing no contrition. And some of that is on JB.

Do we know that it was Josh or JB who insisted on the innocent defense? I initially thought it might be JB, but now with all the talk of Josh selling his real estate holdings it seems more likely that Josh was paying for his own defense and the one pushing the innocent angle…maybe against the advice of a lot of people.

• Upvote 4

Jim-Bob is like every other rich white man who's shocked to discover his money and privilege can't give him what he wants. 

I'm confused why David Waller didn't walk out with Anna. He's her brother-in-law and he seemed to be her main support when the verdict was read (when Josh was found guilty). 

• Upvote 34
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

You mean other than molest his sisters, cheat on Anna, sleep with a stripper/sex worker (I don’t remember the details), and have an Ashley Madison account?

Well it seems getting busted for all those things didn't get him back on the straight and narrow (if he ever was is a BIG question), he obviously continued to do more.   That there might be some concerns after he returned to NWA...well probably. 

• Upvote 6

What do we know about his prison term? I know he will be in Texas but do we know if he will be in gen pop?

At first I was relieved that he got more than 10 years, but now I am just sad. Sad that today he told Anna he loves her and she made the "I love you" sign, but yet that love was never a verb towards anyone. He never really demonstrated love towards Anna, his kids, or the victims of his crimes.

He started life as an innocent baby but then grew up into this narcissistic deranged man. 

It's unspeakably tragic.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 6

23 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

Do we know that it was Josh or JB who insisted on the innocent defense? I initially thought it might be JB, but now with all the talk of Josh selling his real estate holdings it seems more likely that Josh was paying for his own defense and the one pushing the innocent angle…maybe against the advice of a lot of people.

Imo, I think they both doubled down on the innocent plea because at the time, JB arrogantly thought he had a lot more control over the entire situation. He was at the height of his arrogance when he challenged Judge Brooks during testimony over tabloid information saying, “I'm not going to allow it! Are you going to allow for that?" And all JB’s blathering how he couldn’t recall details of Josh’s molestations. They were in big time cahoots with each other. They were in over their heads, tho, and just didn’t know it. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 6

7 minutes ago, Freejin said:

What do we know about his prison term? I know he will be in Texas but do we know if he will be in gen pop?

We don't know for sure he'll be in Texas, but it sounds like Josh will be around lots of people like him if he does.

https://prisonerresource.com/federal-bureau-prisons/fci-seagoville/

The facility is a Sex Offender Management Program (SOMP) institution, which means that around 40 percent of the inmate population has a current or past sexual offense.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

They did, and it includes his own children.

which is the best thing 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

They did, and it includes his own children.

Really? He can't live with Anna and the remaining kids when he gets out?

45 minutes ago, Cam said:

Quick. Get the man some lemonade and a blue straw.

• Haha 8
  • Love 2

Interesting commentary by Bobye, to read how Josh appears in her eyes. Surely other fundies in their area have similar thoughts about Josh and don’t sit around blaming Anna for not being a better wife. And they realize Josh is hoodwinking the family members who support him. Was the stripper really paid off? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Can someone please remind me how many years he would have gotten if he'd taken a plea deal? Do we know?

• Upvote 1

Just now, livinginthelight said:

Can someone please remind me how many years he would have gotten if he'd taken a plea deal? Do we know?

There was speculation that he had been offered 10 years, but not confirmed. I believe that the Feds thought they had a sufficiently strong case that they didn't really pursue it. And Josh's counsel weren't able to convince their client that it might be in his best interest to play Monte Hall. 

• Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic