IGNORED

Josh and Anna 53: 151 Month Sentence

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

• Thank You 6

Regarding the discussion of where Anna goes from here, I believe Seagoville is only about an hour from the Wallers, and Pris seems to be the sister Anna has always been closest to.  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

I’m hoping he is moved to prison in a blue state with a good social safety net. Then Anna can follow and start her own deconstruction.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Regarding the discussion of where Anna goes from here, I believe Seagoville is only about an hour from the Wallers, and Pris seems to be the sister Anna has always been closest to.  

And Pecan seems to be the next Gothard/ heir apparent to IBLP.  Moving to Texas keeps Anna in the fold.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, imokit said:

And Pecan seems to be the next Gothard/ heir apparent to IBLP.  Moving to Texas keeps Anna in the fold.

He has his own church and isn’t involved in IBLP anymore as far as I can tell. I feel like the heir apparent honor has now gone to Gabe Cleator. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

Just now, SisterCupcake said:

He has his own church and isn’t involved in IBLP anymore as far as I can tell. I feel like the heir apparent honor has now gone to Gabe Cleator. 

Yes, although he's still completely fundie.

• Upvote 7

I missed the last thread closure but their cult will absolutely blame the wives for the sins of their husbands. She wasn’t submissive enough, sweet enough, available enough. It’s sick and wrong but their cult works on subjugating women and leaving men without any accountability. Josh’s sisters had to shout a word to make their brothers look away from modern dressed women. It was their responsibility to see Josh and his brothers didn’t look or ‘lust’. No responsibility for the boys. They ‘can’t control themselves’. Jim Bob would 100% feel religious righteousness  in blaming Anna for his pervert son and his and Michelle’s multiple failures to get him help. 

Edited by EyesOpen
  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

“They allegedly shunned the kids for a little while.”

Sorry, the thread changed and I can’t seem to make the full quote function work anymore, but the above was said by @bluebirdbluebell.

I’d never heard this, but if true that would have some impact on my feelings concerning Anna and the M’s going to live with the Kellers. Still, though, from the totality of evidence we have they seem to be decent people who genuinely love their children and grandchildren, unlike JB who increasingly seems to view all his relationships as transactional and about meeting his needs/conditions. 

The Kellers are flawed for sure, and really haven’t done right by their daughters in particular…but JB is just evil.

• Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 minute ago, Sops2 said:

Seemingly the $50 000 fine need not be paid till a month before his release from prison

How is Josh, or any prisoner supposed to come up with 50,000 working a prison job?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

At around the 40 second mark of the footage @noseybutt linked (page 28 of the last thread), JB seems to deliberately swerve to walk into/very subtly shove the male reporter who had just asked how JB feels about not getting the 5-year sentence he’d wanted. It’s probably way too subtle to get him in trouble for assault, but it’s some clear physical aggression toward someone questioning him about not getting his way. 

• Upvote 20
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 13
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Seemingly the $50 000 fine need not be paid till a month before his release from prison

Well, then, little Joshly had better get to work in prison! Even on the pittance prison job salary, he ought to be able to manage that in 10-11 years’ time.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Father Son Holy Goat said:

How is Josh, or any prisoner supposed to come up with 50,000 working a prison job?

Given what we know about Duggar finances, I expect he’ll have to sell property (or other investments). 

• Upvote 6

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/59871253/158/united-states-v-duggar/

9 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

I read the sentencing form and it looks like $10,000 is the fine that would be paid before his release from prison.  He has additional "special" assessments that are due immediately which includes $35,000.  The link was posted upstream but I added it here too.  I think it's a total of $40,100 that is due now.

Edited by karenb4729
added link
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 10

3 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Given what we know about Duggar finances, I expect he’ll have to sell property (or other investments). 

Which is fine for Josh but what about the prisoners that don’t have property to sell?

Then again with inflation 50,000 may be couch change in 10 years

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Which is fine for Josh but what about the prisoners that don’t have property to sell?

Then again with inflation 50,000 may be couch change in 10 years

Somewhere in everything I read today said that the judge took his finances into account when determining the fines. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

The Sun coverage stated that it was confirmed in court that Josh’s current financial disclosures show he can pay the fines. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 12

3 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

I missed the last thread closure but their cult will absolutely blame the wives for the sins of their husbands. She wasn’t submissiveC sweet, available enough. It’s sick and wrong but their cult works on subjugating women and leaving men without any accountability. Josh’s sisters had to shout a word to make their brothers look away from modern dressed women. It was their responsibility to see Josh and his brothers didn’t look or ‘list’. No responsibility for them. They ‘can’t control themselves’. Jim Bob would 100% feel religious riotousness in blaming Anna for his pervert son and his and Michelle’s multiple failures to get him help.

From what I read, the judge mentioned Josh’s pattern of behavior, saying the victims’ age range in the csam Josh downloaded were the same as the ones he personally molested at age 15 so his perverted tastes were the same as before.  

Anna could argue the point with JB that Josh had this perversion long before he met her. Except (at least publicly) she pretends Josh is innocent of csam possession. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

11 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

At around the 40 second mark of the footage @noseybutt linked (page 28 of the last thread), JB seems to deliberately swerve to walk into/very subtly shove the male reporter who had just asked how JB feels about not getting the 5-year sentence he’d wanted. It’s probably way too subtle to get him in trouble for assault, but it’s some clear physical aggression toward someone questioning him about not getting his way. 

Very good catch!

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, FunDieDumDum said:

“They allegedly shunned the kids for a little while.”

Sorry, the thread changed and I can’t seem to make the full quote function work anymore, but the above was said by @bluebirdbluebell.

I’d never heard this, but if true that would have some impact on my feelings concerning Anna and the M’s going to live with the Kellers. Still, though, from the totality of evidence we have they seem to be decent people who genuinely love their children and grandchildren, unlike JB who increasingly seems to view all his relationships as transactional and about meeting his needs/conditions. 

The Kellers are flawed for sure, and really haven’t done right by their daughters in particular…but JB is just evil.

The question is how Anna will support herself and the kids if she leaves the Duggar compound.   Yes, I know, everyone has plans for her to get a job and send the kids to public school, but aside from her showing no inclination to do either, the younger ones are not yet school age and she can’t support 7 kids on minimum wage.  And housing is very expensive right now.

if she stays at the Duggar compound for a few years, she will have a house, food, and help with the kids.  I don’t know where else she would have this.

Her parents are not exactly affluent.  I also haven’t found them to be particularly supportive or sensitive.  Just because they stopped shunning their “secular” kids doesn’t mean they have warmly accepted them. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 8

Has anyone ever investigated his treatment of his own daughters? I can't keep up with all the threads over the many months of this, but I've always wondered if his daughters have been safe from him. 

Also, does he really serve 12 years or will he be out in 6 for good behavior?

1 minute ago, EmCatlyn said:

The question is how Anna will support herself and the kids if she leaves the Duggar compound.   Yes, I know, everyone has plans for her to get a job and send the kids to public school, but aside from her showing no inclination to do either, the younger ones are not yet school age and she can’t support 7 kids on minimum wage.  And housing is very expensive right now.

if she stays at the Duggar compound for a few years, she will have a house, food, and help with the kids.  I don’t know where else she would have this.

Her parents are not exactly affluent.  I also haven’t found them to be particularly supportive or sensitive.  Just because they stopped shunning their “secular” kids doesn’t mean they have warmly accepted them. 

Smuggar told the investigators that he dabbled in Real Estate. I wonder how many properties he owns? Certainly, Anna can sell off some to support herself and pay the fine. The judge seems to think that he can pay the fine, at any rate. 

• Upvote 2

Quoting @SassyPants from the last thread:

I agree Dillard better keep quiet on SM. He has too much to lose-

Something tells me that at this point he will probably be more careful.  He had nothing to lose when it came to confronting JB but now having done the hard work of getting through law school and passing the bar, it's all his own efforts he's putting at risk.  Could be wrong but at this point he is well on his way securing his and his family's independence from the Duggar borg and I don't see him tossing that away all for a dig at JB.  Time will tell.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Smuggar told the investigators that he dabbled in Real Estate. I wonder how many properties he owns? Certainly, Anna can sell off some to support herself and pay the fine. The judge seems to think that he can pay the fine, at any rate. 

Why isn’t Anna living at one of those properties instead of inside a warehouse?

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic