IGNORED

Josh and Anna 53: 151 Month Sentence

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Why isn’t Anna living at one of those properties instead of inside a warehouse?

Probably to be closer to her “support system” but it also could be that they need the rental income from the investment properties. 

• Upvote 15

They’ve already sold most of them off over the past year, presumably to pay for Pest’s defense.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 3

1 minute ago, nokidsmom said:

Quoting @SassyPants from the last thread:

Something tells me that at this point he will probably be more careful.  He had nothing to lose when it came to confronting JB but now having done the hard work of getting through law school and passing the bar, it's all his own efforts he's putting at risk.  Could be wrong but at this point he is well on his way securing his and his family's independence from the Duggar borg and I don't see him tossing that away all for a dig at JB.  Time will tell.

Yep. Now that he has done the hard work, secured a job and recently relocated, I’m betting he’ll be more judicious in what he posts.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, imokit said:

@SassyPants and @nokidsmom

Did you two see how Derrick started the day? He's not staying off social media.  Timed right before the hearing started.

image.png.cd12c81e19a2c87528052141415d85d9.png

Yes, I saw his religious postings, but since that time, silence. No poking the JB bear, which is fairly rare for DD.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Cam said:

From what I read, the judge mentioned Josh’s pattern of behavior, saying the victims’ age range in the csam Josh downloaded were the same as the ones he personally molested at age 15 so his perverted tastes were the same as before.  

Anna could argue the point with JB that Josh had this perversion long before he met her. Except (at least publicly) she pretends Josh is innocent of csam possession. 

I agree!

It's worth noting that Josh probably would have gotten a lighter sentence if he had pled guilty. This is his first official offense in the legal system and if he showed remorse, he probably would have gotten less than 8 years. 

Instead he pled "not guilty" and his lawyers tried to prove his innocence. His lawyers questioned his "motive" so this led to the testimony of Bobye Holt and introduction of his crimes as a minor. It was one of the enhancements on his sentence.

Congratulations you played yourself, JB!

• Upvote 46
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

They might be rented. We know there’s at least one property that was transferred into Anna’s name ahead of the trial, right? If I recall that was worth a pretty decent amount, maybe even as much as $300,000?

Anna has options, and I know my thought of her going to FL to live with her family for a while isn’t popular here…but well, I’m simply looking at the reality that she is in no way ready to get a job and go it alone with 7 kids. She’s entirely unequipped to do that. Staying with the Duggars is a terrible option imo, one that looks set to get even worse with all the fallout and infighting that is likely to come. And while I’m sure her siblings might be willing to help her out, I doubt any of them are prepared to help support her + 7 M’s on a day in, day out basis. So who does that leave? Good ‘ole Ma and Pa, who just happen to have an almost empty house.

• Upvote 7

12 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Maybe they're just land parcels? She has so many LLCs that it's hard to say exactly what is what. 

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Probably to be closer to her “support system” but it also could be that they need the rental income from the investment properties. 

My own speculation is that Josh did SOMETHING after the move to Arkansas that made it imperative to JimBob and Michelle that he and his family be moved to the warehouse where he could be more closely monitored. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6

I wonder if JB has been footing the bill for Anna and the kids, but has made it clear to her that it is all in exchange for her unwavering support during the trial. Maybe Anna has meekly suggested his guilt to JB and now that it is over, JB has told Anna not to depend on him anymore and to move on. Sheer speculation on my part. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, FiveAcres said:

My own speculation is that Josh did SOMETHING after the move to Arkansas that made it imperative to JimBob and Michelle that he and his family be moved to the warehouse where he could be more closely monitored. 

You mean other than molest his sisters, cheat on Anna, sleep with a stripper/sex worker (I don’t remember the details), and have an Ashley Madison account?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Just read about the sentencing and came here to vent.  This makes me ill.  They should have kept him in jail until his youngest was 18.  Did they at least say that he has to stay away from children when he gets out?  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Just now, theologygeek said:

Just read about the sentencing and came here to vent.  This makes me ill.  They should have kept him in jail until his youngest was 18.  Did they at least say that he has to stay away from children when he gets out?  

They did, and it includes his own children.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, FunDieDumDum said:

They might be rented. We know there’s at least one property that was transferred into Anna’s name ahead of the trial, right? If I recall that was worth a pretty decent amount, maybe even as much as $300,000?

Anna has options, and I know my thought of her going to FL to live with her family for a while isn’t popular here…but well, I’m simply looking at the reality that she is in no way ready to get a job and go it alone with 7 kids. She’s entirely unequipped to do that. Staying with the Duggars is a terrible option imo, one that looks set to get even worse with all the fallout and infighting that is likely to come. And while I’m sure her siblings might be willing to help her out, I doubt any of them are prepared to help support her + 7 M’s on a day in, day out basis. So who does that leave? Good ‘ole Ma and Pa, who just happen to have an almost empty house.

Her parents are old to leave with 7 kids some of whom are very young. 

The Kellers might feel she owes the Duggars or should stay where she is.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I wonder if JB has been footing the bill for Anna and the kids, but has made it clear to her that it is all in exchange for her unwavering support during the trial. Maybe Anna has meekly suggested his guilt to JB and now that it is over, JB has told Anna not to depend on him anymore and to move on. Sheer speculation on my part. 

Now that Anna is a prison widow, some rando from their church should be giving her money right? 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

They did, and it includes his own children.

Well at least that's something.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Mike and Suzette Keller attended a fundraiser for JB’s campaign right around the trial. David is a big support to Josh. No way is that collective system encouraging her to do much, independence-wise. They consider each other family. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

The only way anna is getting out of this marriage if Josh files for divorce or commits suicide in his cell, both which I believe is possible.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Equally pissed. I’m glad he is getting some time, but it is woefully short. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, SillyDillys said:

The only way anna is getting out of this marriage if Josh files for divorce or commits suicide in his cell, both which I believe is possible.

Or CPS make her choose between her kids and her marriage when Josh is released. Madyson will only be 10.  CPS could say that Josh living in that house will be unsupervised when Anna sleeps and thus make them live apart.

Or Anna may fail at brainwashing Mack and Mack could say its dad or the grandkids to Anna.

A lot could happen in 10years in that house.

• Upvote 5

Mike Keller sold his daughter off to Turd knowing what he did. No love lost for that man. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 13
  • Thank You 1

If Josh is sent to Texas I can easily imagine Anna and the M's moving near the Wallers.  The M's would have sort of a daddy figure (and Justin's around, too), and the families could share homeschooling, shopping, etc.  Perhaps Anna could get a part-time job in or through a member of the Waller's church.

• Upvote 7

54 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I wouldn’t want to live at the Duggar house tonight.

Or ever-

40 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

Mike and Suzette Keller attended a fundraiser for JB’s campaign right around the trial. David is a big support to Josh. No way is that collective system encouraging her to do much, independence-wise. They consider each other family. 

WHAT? Yet they couldn’t show up to support their daughter during this whole court debacle, while writing a letter of support for their convict SIL? WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic