IGNORED

Josh and Anna 53: 151 Month Sentence

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, livinginthelight said:

Can someone please remind me how many years he would have gotten if he'd taken a plea deal? Do we know?

There is no evidence he was offered any deal. Some people (like WOACB)  glom onto an email wherein the prosecution stated he'd likely be sentenced to 10 years but we don't know anything further.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

9 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

Can someone please remind me how many years he would have gotten if he'd taken a plea deal? Do we know?

The terms of the plea offer were never made public. WOACB kept saying they offered 10, but it was never verified. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I wonder what the M kids have been told, considering Anna believes their dad is innocent. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 6

2 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I wonder what the M kids have been told, considering Anna believes their dad is innocent. 

Christian persecution, evil heathens, pro choice liberals, conspiracy theories, end of times…

• Upvote 14
  • Disgust 8
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 7

Does anyone have a sense of when we’ll know more about which prison, where he’ll be housed etc? How long do these things usually take to sort out? When will he be transferred from where he’s being held? 

Also, who has found good and in depth articles on this? Everything I’ve seen has been a few sentences on todays news and a recap of old news. 

• Upvote 4

I think we’ll know more in the coming weeks. The judge recommended two facilities with sexual abusers programs but ultimately he’ll go where there’s a bed.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Christian persecution, evil heathens, pro choice liberals, conspiracy theories, end of times…

Yeah, I sure the two oldest have been told in some fashion that daddy is a political prisoner of Joe Biden and the libs. The younger ones are probably just bewildered.  The three youngest will not remember him as a father. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

47 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

We don't know because no plea deal was offered. The Feds had a compelling case, obviously. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But VF did award Michelle with some bullshit mother if the year award. 

Yes, and if you have the nerve, you can watch the vomit-inducing "Thank you, Michelle" video to see her receive the award at VF's 2010 Bay-bee Conference. Seriously, I am not kidding about the vomit.

2 hours ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Do y’all think that other prominent fundie families will comment on josh’s sentence?

Highly unlikely. So far, the only open & consistent Duggar critic among fundies seems to be Zsuzsanna Anderson and she's hardly an A-list fundie. 

After all, when Doug Phillips' sexual abuse came to light, causing the collapse of VF, almost none of his high-profile buddies -- Scott Brown, Voddie Baucham, Kevin Swanson OR Jim Bob -- made a peep about it. They all just scuttled away from him as fast and as far as they could, pretending they'd never had anything to do with him.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

JB is used to having all the power, control, decision making skills and money. He lost a lot of that today. Plus he found out that in his system he is now responsible for raising/supporting another family. Heck, he didn’t even do that for his own kids (sister moms and the kids worked to earn family support).  Bad day in JBville.

^^^ This!!

IMO it's all about optics with JB and Michelle.  They won't "release" Anna and Kids because they fear a tell-all book that would make Anna a fair amount of money and destroy their family's reputation further.  I have no evidence that JB gives a hoot about anyone but himself.  He will support Anna, however poorly, to the degree that she doesn't spill the beans.  He is up shit creek without a paddle and he never learned how to swim.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Yeah, Voddie has totally scrubbed all contact with Doug.

The I love you hand sign makes me think Anna has somehow trauma bonded with Josh over this. Maybe talking by phone she found it easier to comfort and encourage about prison conditions or whatever. Makes me think she’s more likely to stay. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

I have so many thoughts. I've sat here for 5 minutes trying to figure out where to start. I'm just going to word vomit, so my apologies it will probably be all over the place.

Case aside,  let's talk about Josh himself for a minute.

A comment earlier stated he was born an innocent baby and evolved into this deranged man.... that! I believe m and jb absolutely f'd him up and clearly failed him on so many levels.

As stated many times they failed the victims, they failed him by not addressing the issue properly way back when. Their answer was to marry him off. Yeah that'll solve the problem.  Makes me wonder did he even want to get married? Was he forced into it because "ratings"?  Because hey you can have sex now so that will "fix you"?  I think it's pretty obvious he did not want to be married and he did not want all these kids and it never occurred to him he could make any other choices. I wonder as he watched some of the others break out a little and make choices for themselves and not for the cult if that compounded his misery more.  With that said, of course not right away, but after the surreal that he's in prison wears off if he'll actually be relieved. Yes he's in prison , but for the first time in his life he'll be free. JB has no control over him there. He doesn't have to put on the camera face and spout the party line. 12 years is a long time for some self reflection and for so many reasons he will not come out the same man. Maybe he'll finally grow a set, become a man instead of that smug little puppet and take his life back. Who knows, maybe he will divorce Anna.

And one thought on Anna... how? Just how with a straight face is she going to raise those kids with these same ridiculous beliefs after all this!?

• Upvote 28

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Continued from here:

Just wanna say that because of this thread title I now have the tech nine song about Bacardi 151 rum stuck in my head. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, ToriAmos said:

Really? He can't live with Anna and the remaining kids when he gets out?

He can’t have unsupervised contact with minors (including the Ms) for 20 years after release. But in at least once case that we follow (Steven Sitler) the wife was allowed to provide the supervision within the home (specifically the father was not allowed to be alone with his infant son). This was monitored by regular polygraphs, which the father eventually failed. So it remains to be seen if the courts might allow a similar arrangement with Anna.   https://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2015/09/doug-wilsons-pedophile-problem-sex-offender-for-whom-wilson-begged-leniency-molests-infant-son.html

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

1 minute ago, Magenta said:

Surely Anna signed an NDA long ago.  

I doubt it. I guess it's possible, but it seems far-fetched to me.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 3
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I doubt it. I guess it's possible, but it seems far-fetched to me.

Really?  Not to me whatsoever given the allegations and her reliance on Duggar money.  

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, SisterCupcake said:

He has his own church and isn’t involved in IBLP anymore as far as I can tell. I feel like the heir apparent honor has now gone to Gabe Cleator. 

Do we know why?

28 minutes ago, Bethella said:

He can’t have unsupervised contact with minors (including the Ms) for 20 years after release. But in at least once case that we follow (Steven Sitler) the wife was allowed to provide the supervision within the home (specifically the father was not allowed to be alone with his infant son). This was monitored by regular polygraphs, which the father eventually failed. So it remains to be seen if the courts might allow a similar arrangement with Anna.   https://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2015/09/doug-wilsons-pedophile-problem-sex-offender-for-whom-wilson-begged-leniency-molests-infant-son.html

In the case of Anna and Smuggar, what happens when Anna takes a shower? I just don't see how she can supervise her minor children all the time when he's released. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

11 minutes ago, marmalade said:

In the case of Anna and Smuggar, what happens when Anna takes a shower? I just don't see how she can supervise her minor children all the time when he's released. 

This. And even if she “can,” what does that even mean? She’s going to go from subservient wife to supervisor? It’ll never happen. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 11

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Jim-Bob is like every other rich white man who's shocked to discover his money and privilege can't give him what he wants. 

Interesting to know that all rich white men are the same. I love a good boogyman!

• Upvote 5
  • Fuck You 3
  • Bless Your Heart 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 1

I think the only safe way for Josh to be around his kids would be a supervised limited time visit. Two hours under constant supervision, preferably with a non family member.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Jim-Bob is like every other rich white man who's shocked to discover his money and privilege can't give him what he wants. 

I'd also guess Jim-Bob is mighty pissed because he has spent a shit-ton of money on Josh's legal team -- probably well over a million. If they appeal the sentence, Jim-Bob can kiss hundreds of thousands more good-bye, maybe more depending on how much of a fight they put up. This is why I'm glad to see what appears to be a solidly developed sentence that will withstand appeal.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic