IGNORED

Josh and Anna 53: 151 Month Sentence

Coconut Flan

Realistically , jb will have to continue his financial support to anna , he is a multi millionaire,  he can easily do this.  She has a lot of leverage,  or jb pays or she goes public with all embarrassment involved. He wil pay ! Im sure ! She is entitled to life long support   to her and her kids.i am 100% in the anna is a victim camp . She needs to fight and hard ! She needs to get every penny left in that family . They chose a very meek  girl to marry that  toad, but the way she walked out of that court tells me she does have some spunk in her . She is at an age , even the most suppressed will hit back if she survived to this point. I hope she drains any penny left out of that family 

Edited by ven
Emotions
  • Upvote 10

None of the original 4 victims or Jana has posted anything on Instagram 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, FiveAcres said:

My own speculation is that Josh did SOMETHING after the move to Arkansas that made it imperative to JimBob and Michelle that he and his family be moved to the warehouse where he could be more closely monitored. 

WELL, as we all now know, HE DID!

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

I wonder if Josh will have any opportunities to pursue higher education while he’s serving time. I don’t see any changes for Anna and the kids. I think they’ll continue to live in the warehouse and Anna will continue to homeschool the kids. She won’t work outside the home or pursue a divorce.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

54 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Why isn’t Anna living at one of those properties instead of inside a warehouse?

A woman? Alone? With no headship? I doubt she has any agency or access to those properties, whatever the legal status. She would have to have a backbone, sue for her rights, or cut ties with the cult teaching to act as her own independent person.

Also, she probably relies on help with the kids. Who will sweep the crackers now that her husband isn't around? IIRC there was maybe a joint homeschool arrangement or lots of IG photos of her kids doing activities/"school" with the younger Duggars.

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Her parents are old to leave with 7 kids some of whom are very young. 

The Kellers might feel she owes the Duggars or should stay where she is.

Back in the day when royal marriages ended for whatever reason - death, divorce, annulment - the woman was typically at the mercy of all those around her. Catherine of Aragon is a prime example; she was left to languish in England after Arthur died while her father & father in law played volleyball with her life (dowry, etc.). The woman was always secondary and rarely did they think about what would happen if the man died, especially a royal man because they only cared that said royal had a male heir. In the cases where he died without one, often his wife was just screwed unless she had a minor heir apparent to be regent for. 

Anyway, not to say Anna is royalty but...they all sure thought they were at the time of the wedding. The Kellers definitely liked the Duggar fame for their daughter and married her off with that in mind. The Duggars always saw themselves as more important than they are. Other people have treated them like some kind of special people/royalty. 

I don't think any of them, for one second, gave thought to what Anna would do if Josh "went away". It was unfathomable at the time - even though they all knew what he'd done as a teen - that he would ever get in trouble & land in prison. And fundies never take measures to protect a women & children in the event the husband is no longer around. 

I can almost see the Boob & Pa Keller arguing about who is now responsible for Anna and her seven children. 

• Upvote 22

10 minutes ago, ven said:

Realistically , jb will have to continue his financial support to anna , he is a multi millionaire,  he can easily do this.  She has a lot of leverage,  or jb pays or she goes public with all embarrassment involved. He wil pay ! Im sure ! She is entitled to life long support   to her and her kids.i am 100% in the anna is a victim camp . She needs to fight and hard ! She needs to get every penny left in that family . They chose a very meek  girl to marry that  toad, but the way she walked out of that court tells me she does have some spunk in her . She is at an age , even the most suppressed will hit back if she survived to this point. I hope she drains any penny left out of that family 

My sympathy extends to Anna in that  she has been hosed by: her religion, and the following men: her dad, JB Duggar and Josh Duggar.

But now it is up to her to end the dysfunction!

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 4

4. The Defendant shall not purchase, possess, use, distribute, or administer marijuana or obtain or possess a medical marijuana card or prescription. If the Defendant is currently in possession of a medical marijuana card, he will turn it over immediately to the probation office.

~Why is this included in his sentencing document?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Back in the day when royal marriages ended for whatever reason - death, divorce, annulment - the woman was typically at the mercy of all those around her. Catherine of Aragon is a prime example; she was left to languish in England after Arthur died while her father & father in law played volleyball with her life (dowry, etc.). The woman was always secondary and rarely did they think about what would happen if the man died, especially a royal man because they only cared that said royal had a male heir. In the cases where he died without one, often his wife was just screwed unless she had a minor heir apparent to be regent for. 

Which made what Henry VIII did with Anne of Cleeves almost chivalrous. Instead of banishment or beheading, she was told if she stepped aside she’d be adopted as the King’s sister and given titles, land, homes, a place at court. She took the deal.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 4

30 minutes ago, imokit said:

He has 5 daughters - one is divorced, one is married after having a baby out of wedlock.

Of the 3 still in approved marriages, you have Anna, then Esther stuck in Africa birthing many babies with a crazy man and Priscilla who's marriage to Pecan is brilliant in comparison to other two.  When Pecan and Pris are the good marriage in the family, then you know dad's taste is impressively bad.

Plus they love having Jill Rod’s Nurie as a daughter in law. Anyone who loves Jill for years, can’t see people for who they really are. Or they see it and just ignore the horribleness. Which is worse. 

• Upvote 16

Haven't been here in a bit, but I had to hop on as soon as I heard the news. I feel bad for the M kids, but I hope that they'll eventually be ok. Also hope that Anna figures out what to do; preferably something as healthy for her & the kids as humanly possible. 

Someone on Facebook cracked a joke: this arrest will lead to a new series: Duggar Life Behind Bars. (Which won't happen, I'm sure.) 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Someone on Facebook cracked a joke: this arrest will lead to a new series: Duggar Life Behind Bars. (Which won't happen, I'm sure.) 

I wouldn’t put it past TLC

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, snickerz said:

4. The Defendant shall not purchase, possess, use, distribute, or administer marijuana or obtain or possess a medical marijuana card or prescription. If the Defendant is currently in possession of a medical marijuana card, he will turn it over immediately to the probation office.

~Why is this included in his sentencing document?

I think it might standard.  It's also standard if you are a convicted felon that you are unable to possess or own a firearm.  In this case its possibly put in because it's a federal crime and under federal law marijuana is not legal even though it is in many states.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I've watched the footage of JB leaving the court several times. He is steamed. Usually, I hate when reporters hound people as they enter/exit court, but this is satisfying. He has spent the last how many decades doing everything to get in front of the cameras and now here they are buzzing around him and he is having none of it.

I dislike the media attention on everyone else today though, especially the siblings. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 16

29 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Having a male heir wasn't even a guarantee. Look at Elizabeth Woodville, she bore her husband two living sons but he dies before their adulthood and her marriage ended up being declared invalid and her sons were disinherited and then almost certainly murdered. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 5

Remember the old episodes where the oldest girls were all Single and answering what they want in a future husband? They all said slow to anger. I always assumed that was because their dad was so quick to anger and they didn’t want a husband like that. 

• Upvote 30
  • Sad 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Now that Anna is a prison widow, some rando from their church should be giving her money right? 

I would guess that she will become the subject of love offerings at Pastor Pecan’s
  • Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Remember the old episodes where the oldest girls were all Single and answering what they want in a future husband? They all said slow to anger. I always assumed that was because their dad was so quick to anger and they didn’t want a husband like that. 

I remember that episode. Jinger wanted a city guy. I’m glad she got that. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

Did the Duggars and Mortons ever have contact with each other? Or are they in completely different circles? Because Katie and Anna could support and talk to each other about their situation is. Although Katie has done the right thing so far and divorced her POS.

• Upvote 5

It’s reported Joy was at the sentencing with Jason and James. It’s also reported that they did not appear to interact with JB while there.

A story from last Saturday I didn’t see before the trial but just came across on InTouchWeekly:

“Jason, 22, took to his Instagram Story on Saturday, May 21 to share a video of his family having breakfast at Cracker Barrel. In the video, James, 20, Jana, 32, Joy-Anna, 24, her husband, Austin Forsyth and their kids are seen getting ready to order around a large table.”

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggars-enjoy-family-breakfast-before-joshs-sentencing/

The upcoming sentencing had to come up in conversation. Is Jana throwing her support in Joy’s corner by, rather than going to court,  using a breakfast gathering she knows will be shown on social media? Michelle wrote a support letter for Josh but here she is with Joy so she seems to be not choosing sides? Could she actually think each child is allowed to have their own thoughts and feelings on the matter?

26F7DB75-DA02-443B-9D4A-D9DB7C59A98B.jpeg

267A4F93-8A0D-493B-BE8B-06B833517029.jpeg

1E715B4A-1B6B-42A4-8108-D2ADED77EBD9.jpeg

49617432-E65E-4D7A-AB29-DF3844F1C483.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Why isn’t Anna living at one of those properties instead of inside a warehouse?

Because, IMO, the reason they were being kept within eyesight of the big house had nothing to do with finances and everything to do with monitoring Josh. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12

14 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Did the Duggars and Mortons ever have contact with each other? Or are they in completely different circles? Because Katie and Anna could support and talk to each other about their situation is. Although Katie has done the right thing so far and divorced her POS.

I don’t believe the Mortons were ever into IBLP. They liked VF at some point before the fall and they like protesting abortion with AHA. Those are the groups they seemed to hang around. But VF did award Michelle with some bullshit mother if the year award. Maybe they’ve crossed paths before. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic